6 killed, officer hurt in crash near ...

6 killed, officer hurt in crash near Ohio capital

There are 140 comments on the CBS News story from Oct 18, 2013, titled 6 killed, officer hurt in crash near Ohio capital. In it, CBS News reports that:

A police car and another vehicle collided at an intersection in Upper Arlington, Ohio, early Friday, Oct. 18, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Just Asking

Blacklick, OH

#1 Oct 18, 2013
WTF!? This cop was nearly 5 miles from the Mc'Donald's on Henderson Road when the collision happened. Does UA only have one officer patrolling at night?

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#2 Oct 18, 2013
Just Asking wrote:
WTF!? This cop was nearly 5 miles from the Mc'Donald's on Henderson Road when the collision happened. Does UA only have one officer patrolling at night?
They no doubt called for all available officers. In an armed robbery , who knows what to expect?
There were four officers on patrol at the time according to Channel 10.
BTW, when Columbus sends out an "officer needs help" call, the cruisers will come flying from ten miles away.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#3 Oct 18, 2013
No seat belts, no car seat for the two year old. Immigrant family (questionable driving skills.) Whole family out at 1:30 AM. A bad set of circumstances.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#4 Oct 18, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
No seat belts, no car seat for the two year old. Immigrant family (questionable driving skills.) Whole family out at 1:30 AM. A bad set of circumstances.
Can the robbery suspect (if caught) be charged with their deaths? I think I've heard a similar story like this, and they were.
Just Asking

Blacklick, OH

#5 Oct 18, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>They no doubt called for all available officers. In an armed robbery , who knows what to expect?
There were four officers on patrol at the time according to Channel 10.
BTW, when Columbus sends out an "officer needs help" call, the cruisers will come flying from ten miles away.
Was he headed up Riverside to Henderson? Right at Fishinger, left at Reed left at Henderson is quicker.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#6 Oct 18, 2013
Did they collar the robbers?

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#7 Oct 18, 2013
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Was he headed up Riverside to Henderson? Right at Fishinger, left at Reed left at Henderson is quicker.
From the little they've said, he had to be heading through the intersection to continue north bound on Riverside. Perhaps he was going to turn on Oxford to McCoy to Reed.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#8 Oct 18, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
Did they collar the robbers?
Not yet.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#9 Oct 18, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
Can the robbery suspect (if caught) be charged with their deaths? I think I've heard a similar story like this, and they were.
That's a good question. Perhaps one of the "lawyers" can provide an answer.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#10 Oct 18, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good question. Perhaps one of the "lawyers" can provide an answer.
I'm guessing some of these "lawyers" will go after the cop for trying to stop the groid while working.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#11 Oct 18, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing some of these "lawyers" will go after the cop for trying to stop the groid while working.
I suspect you're right.
punkazz

Columbus, OH

#12 Oct 18, 2013
From WSYX:

The family, who died in the wreck, were Iraqi refugees who just moved here three years ago.

Eid Badishahad, 39, has been identified as the father of the family and was driving the car at the time of the crash.

His 36-year-old wife and their four daughters ages 2, 12, 14, and 16 all died in the crash.
Just Asking

Blacklick, OH

#13 Oct 18, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>From the little they've said, he had to be heading through the intersection to continue north bound on Riverside. Perhaps he was going to turn on Oxford to McCoy to Reed.
Oxford? At speed? It's 2 lane, residential and got a tough bend in it at Lear. Better to go Riverside to Lane and then north at Reed.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#14 Oct 18, 2013
Ok, for the morons and their icons:

The cruiser was northbound on Riverside:
"The officer, who was traveling north on Riverside Drive with lights and sirens on, was responding to a robbery in progress call from a McDonald’s restaurant on Henderson Road, said Upper Arlington officer Heather Galli."
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...

Those killed were indeed immigrants:
"Perry Township police identified the family members killed today. The driver was Eid Badi Shahad, 39. His wife, Entisar W. Hameed, 31, was in the front passenger seat. In the backseat were their daughters: Shuaa Badi, 16, Amna Badi, 14, Ekbal Badi, 12, and Lina Badi, 2."
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#15 Oct 18, 2013
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxford? At speed? It's 2 lane, residential and got a tough bend in it at Lear. Better to go Riverside to Lane and then north at Reed.
I've seen cops do much the same on Frazell Rd in Hilliard, nearly running off the road at Frank's Park.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#16 Oct 18, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen cops do much the same on Frazell Rd in Hilliard, nearly running off the road at Frank's Park.
Columbus police race to down Wilson Rd. to Minnelli's pizza just to take the drunks next door parking spots.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#17 Oct 18, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus police race to down Wilson Rd. to Minnelli's pizza just to take the drunks next door parking spots.
That place has all the bases covered...pizza place, bar and drive-thru.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#18 Oct 18, 2013
Come out, Reader. We see your pathetic foot-stomping in the icons.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#19 Oct 18, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>That place has all the bases covered...pizza place, bar and drive-thru.
That pizza place is the CPD's hangout. All sorts of departments eat there through out the day.
A few years ago, Sheriff Karnes came in with a crew of detectives and the waitress mentioned to me, I was in his favorite seat. I got up....But, it took a gun fight.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#20 Oct 18, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
That pizza place is the CPD's hangout. All sorts of departments eat there through out the day.
A few years ago, Sheriff Karnes came in with a crew of detectives and the waitress mentioned to me, I was in his favorite seat. I got up....But, it took a gun fight.
LOL! Does Zach frequent the place now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Face it. Republican politicians HATEcha. No hea... 8 min Jose 35
Wow, we still have trumpanzees? 33 min Free Pizza 4 U 8
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 1 hr Reality 1,028
Clintons linked to Russia $500,000 1 hr Reality 71
Why are Trump's Kids so ugly? 1 hr Reality 111
Are Jobs More Important Than Our Environment? 1 hr Reality 215
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 1 hr Reality 609

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages