Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in ...

Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

There are 1176 comments on the The Marion Star story from Mar 1, 2014, titled Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#1076 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and only an ignorant stupid man thinks they can control the weather, and can change God's laws to make them feel better.
Problem is when you die a SCOTUS member does not place final judgement.
you are demonstrating how intolerant and inherently ignorant you are.
What the SCOTUS says is their opinion, and if not in agreement with God is just pandering to keep peace.
in the end......Saint Peter is the judge that matters.
You can spare me the hocus pocus of your religious beliefs. Your god's "laws" are irrelevant. This is the USA, remember? Send us a tweet when you confirm heaven and St. Peter's existence.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#1077 Mar 31, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> You can spare me the hocus pocus of your religious beliefs. Your god's "laws" are irrelevant. This is the USA, remember? Send us a tweet when you confirm heaven and St. Peter's existence.
Hmmmm. A little "render unto Caesar, that which is Caesar's"?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1078 Mar 31, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one man's belief.
What if you are wrong?
you must be a product of common core math.

more than 70% of the USA is Christian......that is just a bit more than 1.

and what if you are wrong?
does a burning future excite you?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#1079 Mar 31, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm. A little "render unto Caesar, that which is Caesar's"?
They prefer to forget that one.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1080 Mar 31, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> You can spare me the hocus pocus of your religious beliefs. Your god's "laws" are irrelevant. This is the USA, remember? Send us a tweet when you confirm heaven and St. Peter's existence.
you are irrelevant, and need mental help.

the future you look forward to is death by virus or eternity in flames.

send us a tweet to confirm all your other trolls are with you.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#1081 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
And?

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
US Constitution, 14th Amendment, Section 1

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials, and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."
West Virginia State Board of Education v Barnette

The will of the majority is irrelevant to Constitutional rights like equal protection of the law for all.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#1082 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
Matthew 25:31-46
Matthew 7

It appears you don't really follow your own fiction. I guess it is harder to live it than it is to parrot a few select phrases.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1083 Mar 31, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
US Constitution, 14th Amendment, Section 1
"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials, and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."
West Virginia State Board of Education v Barnette
The will of the majority is irrelevant to Constitutional rights like equal protection of the law for all.
your marital rights are identical to mine.

We are discriminated against when taxes become subject matter though.

your argument is irrelevant completely.

The will of the majority is irrelevant according to you. What about when majority has hunting season with no daily bag limit on those who tell the majority they will destroy morality, and re-define words and laws to help deteriorate society?

will the majority matter then?

you are a disgrace and joke on humanity......your burning love is satin fanning the flame.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#1084 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
That is, at best a disingenuous argument. Can you indicate any compelling governmental interest served by denying consenting same sex adults the right to legally marry that would render such a restriction constitutional?
Reality Speaks wrote:
That's a lovely assertion, but utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.
Reality Speaks wrote:
Actually, no it isn't.
Reality Speaks wrote:
The will of the majority is irrelevant according to you. What about when majority has hunting season with no daily bag limit on those who tell the majority they will destroy morality, and re-define words and laws to help deteriorate society?
Actually, the will of the majority is irrelevant according to the US Supreme Court. Certain rights are not subject to popular opinion. This is why I don't get to vote on whether you may believe in your conception of god.
Reality Speaks wrote:
Nope.
Reality Speaks wrote:
you are a disgrace and joke on humanity......your burning love is satin fanning the flame.
And you are an idiot. What's your point?
Pappy

Mason, OH

#1085 Mar 31, 2014
Here's more useful information about the incubation and proliferation of tuberculosis by HIV infected diversity people. Tuberculosis is a highly transmissable and deadly disease.

http://www.who.int/hiv/topics/tb/en/

"The risk of developing tuberculosis (TB) is estimated to be between 12-20 times greater in people living with HIV than among those without HIV infection. In 2012, there were 8.6 million new cases of TB, of which 1.1 million were among people living with HIV. WHO recommends 12 TB/HIV collaborative activities, including the Three I's for TB/HIV. The WHO HIV and TB Departments and their partners, including community groups, work collaboratively on joint TB/HIV advocacy, policy development and implementation in countries. WHO develops and promotes tools and guidelines to support countries in improving their TB/HIV collaborative action in order to achieve universal access to HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services for all people in need."
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1086 Mar 31, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
That is, at best a disingenuous argument. Can you indicate any compelling governmental interest served by denying consenting same sex adults the right to legally marry that would render such a restriction constitutional?
<quoted text>
That's a lovely assertion, but utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.
<quoted text>
Actually, no it isn't.
<quoted text>
Actually, the will of the majority is irrelevant according to the US Supreme Court. Certain rights are not subject to popular opinion. This is why I don't get to vote on whether you may believe in your conception of god.
<quoted text>
Nope.
<quoted text>
And you are an idiot. What's your point?
sure...also very easy

it is GODS LAW, and the Supreme Court is seated with humans. Who cares what any of them say? They are elected political mouthpieces by a POTUS.

the Supreme Court supplies opinions junior. Congress writes laws.

Call me an idiot to my face, and you will figure the point out all by yourself.

idiot is not knowing what sex you are. Virus is your minister.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#1087 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
sure...also very easy
it is GODS LAW,
You believe.
Reality Speaks wrote:
and the Supreme Court is seated with humans. Who cares what any of them say? They are elected political mouthpieces by a POTUS.
Render unto Caesar...
Reality Speaks wrote:
Wow, you really are trying to prove just how dumb you are, aren't you?
The US Supreme Court is the final arbiter of interpreting that law.
Reality Speaks wrote:
I elect to use my freedom of association to avoid idiots. So, this shall likely not come to pass.
Reality Speaks wrote:
idiot is not knowing what sex you are.
Actually, idiocy is thinking that one's religious moral beliefs are relevant to a discussion of civil law. So, you think your religion tells you that homosexuality is bad, and being an idiot you choose to ignore your religion's warnings on casting judgment on others to condemn homosexuals. I guess it looks like you are earning your slot in your religion's hell. The reality is that you are free to believe as you wish, however civil law has decided that all people are entitled to equal protection of the laws. So, if you don't like homosexuality, don't engage in a relationship with someone of the same sex. However, before the Constitution granted you right free exercise of religion, it first enjoined congress from making any laws respecting an establishment of religion.

I know my comments could be interpreted to be anti-religion. I am not. I don't like you, not because you are religious, I don't like you because you are an imbecile.
Reality Speaks wrote:
Virus is your minister.
Is that the best you can do? You must admit, it is pretty pathetic.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#1088 Mar 31, 2014
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are degrees of queer, I admit.
When you do queer, you are queer.
When you stop doing queer, you stop being a queer.
So straights are only straight while they're having sex. When they stop, they're no longer straight?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#1089 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Since support for gay marriage is around 50%, some of the Christians must be supporting it.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#1090 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your bullshit works on people who are fear-based, but not me. Your religious beliefs = mental illness.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#1091 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
sure...also very easy
it is GODS LAW, and the Supreme Court is seated with humans. Who cares what any of them say? They are elected political mouthpieces by a POTUS.
idiot is not knowing what sex you are. Virus is your minister.
Your god's "laws" are irrelevant. I realize Ohio is backward, but you do know that's it is still part of the USA, don't you?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#1092 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
It evidently excites YOU.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#1093 Mar 31, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
"...satin fanning the flame..."

The joke's on you, Cletus.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#1094 Mar 31, 2014
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are degrees of queer, I admit.
When you do queer, you are queer.
When you stop doing queer, you stop being a queer.
When you do queer things alot, you are a flaming queer.
When you do queer things only a bit, you are just a little queer.
That is why LGBTQ include the "Q", because questioning queer do just a little bit queer, and can go either way. Younger women in particular are susceptable to sit on the fence between queer and straight.
It's true many hetero rednecks are queer because they do queer core actvities.
There are truely straight people existing in the world, but they are a minority in the US.
Queer sodomy is endemic because the fedgov has used tax monies to develop and give away free and cheap anti-AIDS drugs to keep queers alive, buying them some more time. The evolution of superbugs will stop this subsidy of perversion eventually. Queers are incubators of superbugs and multi-drug resistant diseases including tuberculosis which is highly contagious.
The essence of doing queer is sodomy and elective abortion.
The APA discredited itself when it removed queer behaviors from the list of mental illnesses.
The invention of the PC word "homophobia" indicates a kind of neurosis, a compulsion to create theatrical nonsense to appeal to the emotion of stupid people.
Oh, dear, I can see that Pappy's wife NEVER has given him head, otherwise he wouldn't be so CRABBY! What's wrong, she too uptight or is your huge tummy too overwhelming for her to dig through the fat to get to your organ? Knock off the Extra Crispy Cheetos and do some exercise and you'll be thin as a rail in NO time and wifey can chow down on the little Pappy and CHEER YOU UP A LITTLE.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1095 Mar 31, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since support for gay marriage is around 50%, some of the Christians must be supporting it.
they are fantasizing they are Christian.

same with those condoning abortion are not Christians.

America is one big fantasy of people who believe they can change the weather, and ignore God's law.

Those of us who disagree are fringe kooks......I caught that.

Being a kook is better than a fantasy Christian long term.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Kasich is still in race - delusional? 37 min Skie 12
News Residents on alert with mass shooting suspect a... 1 hr Rose 185
Cruz 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 20
Trump? 2 hr As I See It 9
California rejects John Wayne Day due to commen... 2 hr Reality Speaks 160
Pay for Kasick's year AWOL cost! 2 hr Male 6
is caitlin jenner still a man? 2 hr Male 72
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages