Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in ...

Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

There are 1159 comments on the The Marion Star story from Mar 1, 2014, titled Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1007 Mar 28, 2014
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to try and focus.
I said you and other queer supporters are claiming that the word "public" is equal to "people". I also asked you to post from a reputable source the definition of the word "public", but instead you posted a definition of "public accomodation" from an unamed source that is quoted by a resident queer supporter.
Laws and regulations penned by government sources, especially legislative bodies, are not reputable. There is a good reason that US lawyers and public servants have bad reputations.
While I can't speak for others, I'm trying have you understand what public accommodation means, as that's what we're talking about when we talk about public access as it relates to discrimination.

42 U.S. Code ž 12181 is itself a citation and should be easily identifiable as such. If you prefer a link to the context, http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/121... has greater detail

I have no idea how to supply you with a legal definition if you're not willing to accept legal definitions created, supported or enforced by the legal system. I doubt very strongly that anyone will be likely to provide you a working legal definition independent of a legal system, but would be interested to see if anyone else can turn something up.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#1008 Mar 28, 2014
Pappy wrote:
You need to try and focus.
I said you and other queer supporters are claiming that the word "public" is equal to "people". I also asked you to post from a reputable source the definition of the word "public", but instead you posted a definition of "public accomodation" from an unamed source that is quoted by a resident queer supporter.
Are you always this stupid, or just on Fridays?
Pappy wrote:
Laws and regulations penned by government sources, especially legislative bodies, are not reputable.
They are, nonetheless, the law. If you don't like that, you have the first amendment right to petition the government for redress of grievances, however my suspicion is that you would rather troll online commenting forums than do anything productive.
Pappy wrote:
There is a good reason that US lawyers and public servants have bad reputations.
And there is a good reason why internet trolls are not worthy of notice.

Grow up, kiddo.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1009 Mar 28, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
While I can't speak for others, I'm trying have you understand what public accommodation means, as that's what we're talking about when we talk about public access as it relates to discrimination.
42 U.S. Code ž 12181 is itself a citation and should be easily identifiable as such. If you prefer a link to the context, http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/121... has greater detail
I have no idea how to supply you with a legal definition if you're not willing to accept legal definitions created, supported or enforced by the legal system. I doubt very strongly that anyone will be likely to provide you a working legal definition independent of a legal system, but would be interested to see if anyone else can turn something up.
discrimination......and you the tornado spinning.

is it discrimination to force by law a property owner not to smoke in his own building? how about car, or home?

how about forcing an employer provide insurance, or pay a specific wage?

how about taxation where discrimination against success is aggressive punishment.

how about married people by a minister in a church before god and family?

discrimination only applies when it benefits you and your ilk, and lawyers can argue for decades billing hours.

how about forcing people pay for abortions and birth control against their religion, and teachings of their entire life?

your biggest problem......the 2nd amendment, and 10% of the population is paying the bills.

rigged elections, massive bribes, public unions electing officials to sign their contracts, and redistribution of wealth schemes, and the nightmare is infinite.

November is going to be a punishment for career politicians. They know it.

Serious treasonous crimes have occurred, and Impeachment and jail terms are on the way.

Laugh all you want, because it is short lived.

By lethal force if necessary......Americans wanting the Constitution enforced and unamended will take back control, and you self proclaimed smartest people on earth will be treated as a virus. You did not think out what you did.

The military is not your friend, and will spit in your face. Expect them to just watch, as Revolutionary war 2 unfolds. This November is little bighorn. You are the self proclaimed smartest general. You also will learn the lesson the hard way unless you start thinking.

In 5 years America is more divided with hatred, than Muslim tribes who have fought the same war for a 1000 years.

Special interest pop culture is being forced into society, and those refusing to accept it are also forced to fund it.

By turning the cheek, we allowed corruption to rule.

Party is over, and cheeks are cut and bruised.

Real parents are going to protect their family at all cost from the parasite class that spins their problems on the religious law abiding hard working citizen.

if you want to keep laughing...can I suggest you purchase a grave plot before they are sold out.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Akron, OH

#1010 Mar 28, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
discrimination......and you the tornado spinning.
is it discrimination to force by law a property owner not to smoke in his own building? how about car, or home?
how about forcing an employer provide insurance, or pay a specific wage?
how about taxation where discrimination against success is aggressive punishment.
how about married people by a minister in a church before god and family?
discrimination only applies when it benefits you and your ilk, and lawyers can argue for decades billing hours.
how about forcing people pay for abortions and birth control against their religion, and teachings of their entire life?
your biggest problem......the 2nd amendment, and 10% of the population is paying the bills.
rigged elections, massive bribes, public unions electing officials to sign their contracts, and redistribution of wealth schemes, and the nightmare is infinite.
November is going to be a punishment for career politicians. They know it.
Serious treasonous crimes have occurred, and Impeachment and jail terms are on the way.
Laugh all you want, because it is short lived.
By lethal force if necessary......Americans wanting the Constitution enforced and unamended will take back control, and you self proclaimed smartest people on earth will be treated as a virus. You did not think out what you did.
The military is not your friend, and will spit in your face. Expect them to just watch, as Revolutionary war 2 unfolds. This November is little bighorn. You are the self proclaimed smartest general. You also will learn the lesson the hard way unless you start thinking.
In 5 years America is more divided with hatred, than Muslim tribes who have fought the same war for a 1000 years.
Special interest pop culture is being forced into society, and those refusing to accept it are also forced to fund it.
By turning the cheek, we allowed corruption to rule.
Party is over, and cheeks are cut and bruised.
Real parents are going to protect their family at all cost from the parasite class that spins their problems on the religious law abiding hard working citizen.
if you want to keep laughing...can I suggest you purchase a grave plot before they are sold out.
Walter is stir crazy. He may have just written his masterpiece.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#1011 Mar 28, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
discrimination......and you the tornado spinning.
is it discrimination to force by law a property owner not to smoke in his own building? how about car, or home?
how about forcing an employer provide insurance, or pay a specific wage?
how about taxation where discrimination against success is aggressive punishment.
how about married people by a minister in a church before god and family?
discrimination only applies when it benefits you and your ilk, and lawyers can argue for decades billing hours.
how about forcing people pay for abortions and birth control against their religion, and teachings of their entire life?
your biggest problem......the 2nd amendment, and 10% of the population is paying the bills.
rigged elections, massive bribes, public unions electing officials to sign their contracts, and redistribution of wealth schemes, and the nightmare is infinite.
November is going to be a punishment for career politicians. They know it.
Serious treasonous crimes have occurred, and Impeachment and jail terms are on the way.
Laugh all you want, because it is short lived.
By lethal force if necessary......Americans wanting the Constitution enforced and unamended will take back control, and you self proclaimed smartest people on earth will be treated as a virus. You did not think out what you did.
The military is not your friend, and will spit in your face. Expect them to just watch, as Revolutionary war 2 unfolds. This November is little bighorn. You are the self proclaimed smartest general. You also will learn the lesson the hard way unless you start thinking.
In 5 years America is more divided with hatred, than Muslim tribes who have fought the same war for a 1000 years.
Special interest pop culture is being forced into society, and those refusing to accept it are also forced to fund it.
By turning the cheek, we allowed corruption to rule.
Party is over, and cheeks are cut and bruised.
Real parents are going to protect their family at all cost from the parasite class that spins their problems on the religious law abiding hard working citizen.
if you want to keep laughing...can I suggest you purchase a grave plot before they are sold out.
Would you care to, or are you able to, come back to the topic at hand?

Your generic list of woes against the government aren't terribly relevant. In fact, they read very much like the manifesto of an angst ridden teen, whose parents have subjected them to a non-stop barrage of Fox News.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1012 Mar 28, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to, or are you able to, come back to the topic at hand?
Your generic list of woes against the government aren't terribly relevant. In fact, they read very much like the manifesto of an angst ridden teen, whose parents have subjected them to a non-stop barrage of Fox News.
Ah, that's just his thing. It's like performance art. He swing by daily to make predictions, perform bad math and puff himself up about how the people he disagrees with are about to be swept up in the glorious cultural revolution. I like it.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#1013 Mar 28, 2014
Pappy wrote:
Here's what Merriam-Webster defines as public:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pub...
1pubĚlic
adjective \&#712;p&#601;-blik\
: of, relating to, or affecting all or most of the people of a country, state, etc.
: of, relating to, paid for by, or working for a government
: supported by money from the government and from private contributors rather than by commercials
The legal definition is the second definition.
Judicial activist judges and other leftist use the casual definition of the word, which conveniently supports their totalitarian control over people and their private business practices. They also ignore the fact there is no constitutional basis for a central government to interfere in private business practice, nor does a central goverment have the delegated power to create and grant legal privileges to protected classes of people such as done through their diversity scheming.
The only part of a storefront business that is public is the sidewalk and maybe the real estate it occupies. The contract business is private and is not a government provided accomodation, although control freak leftist will argue otherwise. Leftist morons pretend the government is an unnamed third party in every private contract.
WRONG
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#1014 Mar 28, 2014
Pappy wrote:
Here's what Merriam-Webster defines as public:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pub...
1pubĚlic
adjective \&#712;p&#601;-blik\
: of, relating to, or affecting all or most of the people of a country, state, etc.
: of, relating to, paid for by, or working for a government
: supported by money from the government and from private contributors rather than by commercials
The legal definition is the second definition.
Judicial activist judges and other leftist use the casual definition of the word, which conveniently supports their totalitarian control over people and their private business practices. They also ignore the fact there is no constitutional basis for a central government to interfere in private business practice, nor does a central goverment have the delegated power to create and grant legal privileges to protected classes of people such as done through their diversity scheming.
The only part of a storefront business that is public is the sidewalk and maybe the real estate it occupies. The contract business is private and is not a government provided accomodation, although control freak leftist will argue otherwise. Leftist morons pretend the government is an unnamed third party in every private contract.
Here is what the Ohio Revised Code says..... you know.... THE LAW

Place of public accommodation" means any inn, restaurant, eating house, barbershop, public conveyance by air, land, or water, theater, store, other place for the sale of merchandise, or any other place of public accommodation or amusement of which the accommodations, advantages, facilities, or privileges are available to the public.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#1015 Mar 28, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
Ah, that's just his thing. It's like performance art. He swing by daily to make predictions, perform bad math and puff himself up about how the people he disagrees with are about to be swept up in the glorious cultural revolution. I like it.
I suppose it's fine if you are into that sort of thing. He isn't very good at it. Richard Belzer, he ain't.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1016 Mar 28, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to, or are you able to, come back to the topic at hand?
Your generic list of woes against the government aren't terribly relevant. In fact, they read very much like the manifesto of an angst ridden teen, whose parents have subjected them to a non-stop barrage of Fox News.
thanks for the complement of my youth.

I am 53 in 60 days.

and your inability for critical thinking is a major problem for you, and holding you back.

What is irrelevant is your flawed selfish entitled opinion.

America is wonderfully populated by low achievers like you. People like you remove competition from my career, and dramatically increase my income.

thanks again.....cheers.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#1017 Mar 28, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
thanks for the complement of my youth.
I am 53 in 60 days.
Too bad you mental capacity has not advances with your chronological age.
Reality Speaks wrote:
and your inability for critical thinking is a major problem for you, and holding you back.
What is irrelevant is your flawed selfish entitled opinion.
I have no issues with critical thinking. You are the one advancing fallacies that some fellow Americans should be treated as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law. Fortunately, we have courts to keep people like your from subverting equality and freedom.
Fundamental rights may not be put to a vote.
Reality Speaks wrote:
America is wonderfully populated by low achievers like you. People like you remove competition from my career, and dramatically increase my income.
You couldn't remotely compete in my field.
Reality Speaks wrote:
thanks again.....cheers.
Da nada.
Pappy

Mason, OH

#1018 Mar 28, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you always this stupid, or just on Fridays?
<quoted text>
They are, nonetheless, the law. If you don't like that, you have the first amendment right to petition the government for redress of grievances, however my suspicion is that you would rather troll online commenting forums than do anything productive.
<quoted text>
And there is a good reason why internet trolls are not worthy of notice.
Grow up, kiddo.
Man-made law is an ass, as your kind amply demonstrate, with your word games and doublespeak.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fundies R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#1019 Mar 28, 2014
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
are claiming that the word "public" is equal to "people".
You don't know anything, and the only question is why the OH posters are on the whole so completely uneducated and stupid or whether the OH threads just attract one or two incredibly vexing, dense trolls.

No, your congregation at your house of worship of hate is "people." It is not a "place of public accommodation." That is one of what we call a "counter example," Jethro.

But thank you for doubling down on stupid. We can always count on those arguing some fundie point or other to do that.
Fundies R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#1020 Mar 28, 2014
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Man-made law is an ass, as your kind amply demonstrate, with your word games and doublespeak.
Oh good, the stone age theocrat is out of the closet.

They really do think there's no law in the US but buybull law.
Pappy

Mason, OH

#1021 Mar 28, 2014
As usual, the queer cheerleaders provide nothing from a reputable source that defines the word "public"; they instead offer tiresome deflections to PC definitions of "public accomodation" quoted from unreputable sources, typically penned by politicians and public servants. Then they claim that they have answered my question, acting dumb yet again.

These morons believe that laws and regulations penned and approved by slimy politicians are reputable sources.

For the sake of Lilith, grow up a bit, you diversity-addled doublespeaking dummies.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pappy

Mason, OH

#1022 Mar 28, 2014
Fundies R Mentally illin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good, the stone age theocrat is out of the closet.
They really do think there's no law in the US but buybull law.
As usual, you are wrong again.

I am not religious, pinhead buddy, and I have not made any religious arguments whatsoever.

Your theatrics and drama are typical, reinforcing a queer stereotype.

It's no big secret that queers dominate the bias of TV and movie and theater and fashion content.

I know my posts are wasted on your style of stupid.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pappy

Mason, OH

#1023 Mar 28, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
While I can't speak for others, I'm trying have you understand what public accommodation means, as that's what we're talking about when we talk about public access as it relates to discrimination.
42 U.S. Code ž 12181 is itself a citation and should be easily identifiable as such. If you prefer a link to the context, http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/121... has greater detail
I have no idea how to supply you with a legal definition if you're not willing to accept legal definitions created, supported or enforced by the legal system. I doubt very strongly that anyone will be likely to provide you a working legal definition independent of a legal system, but would be interested to see if anyone else can turn something up.
As usual, you provide nothing from a reputable source that defines the word "public"; you instead offer the same tiresome deflection to PC definitions of "public accomodation" quoted from unreputable sources, typically a politician or public servant. You answer a question I never asked. Then you claim that you have answered my question, acting dumb.

You appear to believe that laws and regulations penned and approved by slimy politicians and public servants are reputable sources, a silly assumption on your part.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fundies R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#1024 Mar 28, 2014
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you are wrong again.
I am not religious, pinhead buddy, and I have not made any religious arguments whatsoever.
Here is what you posted, to refresh your simple, troll mind:

"Man-made law is an ass."

And so what laws were you expressing a preference for over man made ones?

We are discussing how the concept of "place of public accommodations" has not expanded over the decades. What other kind of law are you referring to on this point, Jethro?

Perhaps you simply don't know what you're typing. That would be a plausible explanation of your post....
Fundies R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#1025 Mar 28, 2014
Pappy wrote:
As usual, the queer cheerleaders provide nothing from a reputable source that defines the word "public"
Oh good, then you will now provide an authoritative definition and analysis of how "place of public accommodations" has been broadened as a concept over the years, as you now claim.

Or are you, more likely, just another mouthbreathing, bloviating, ignorant, uneducated, Fox News fabulist tee baggrz?(Yes.)

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1026 Mar 28, 2014
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you provide nothing from a reputable source that defines the word "public"; you instead offer the same tiresome deflection to PC definitions of "public accomodation" quoted from unreputable sources, typically a politician or public servant. You answer a question I never asked. Then you claim that you have answered my question, acting dumb.
You appear to believe that laws and regulations penned and approved by slimy politicians and public servants are reputable sources, a silly assumption on your part.
I think everyone here, aside from you, is talking about public accommodation.

If you're not, could you tell me in what context you're looking to place the word public, if not within the context of discrimination and public access?

You asked for the legal definition. I don't think it's going to be possible to provid eyou with an extra-legal legal definition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump Administration 20 min jonjedi 719
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 2 hr jonjedi 2,918
Disappearing threads 4 hr jonjedi 2
The Lost Art of Conversation 4 hr jonjedi 20
Breaking news....... 4 hr jonjedi 96
jonjedi 6 hr jonjedi 43
World Rankiings ? 6 hr jonjedi 3
Odds of Trump's impeachment 8 hr jonjedi 308

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages