Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in ...

Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

There are 1176 comments on the The Marion Star story from Mar 1, 2014, titled Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#866 Mar 24, 2014
Basta wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid,sorry but this is NOT a theocracy no matter how badly you want it to be ! This great nation is in fact a "Secular" nation that is ruled by our Constitution and NOT your 2,000 year old goat herders tale ! Fact is the Constitution trumps your fictitious bible so go into the church of your choice,shut and lock the doors and preach to the choir ! Those of us who believe differently than you don't want to hear your bible babble and that is our right as American citizens ! Your rights end where mine and others begin ! The ban in Michigan was and is Unconstitutional the same as the law in Ohio which will eventually be over turned as Unconstitutional mainly because it is unconstitutional as court case after court case come to the same decisions ! Constitution trumps bible,so sad for you,to bad for you,you don't have to like it but you will have to live with it ! Now go read the 14th amendment and learn something for once in your hateful bigoted life ! Glad I could help !
this is a Republic.

The majority in Ohio defined marriage with a Constitutional amendment.

Read the 2nd amendment.

The 2nd amendment is in place for rouge factions erasing what America was build upon.

hateful bigoted lives like yours pale to the 2nd amendment.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
d pantz

Akron, OH

#867 Mar 24, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are not. They have made a choice not to marry....
<quoted text>
I never said they did.
<quoted text>
Because they made a choice that has consequences. If one chooses not to marry, then they will not have the legal rights and protections of one who is married. Any variation in taxation, whether it is a windfall or a penalty, is based upon two individuals whose income is being considered jointly for purposes of taxation. This can result in a penalty where the married couple ends up in a higher tax bracket, or it can also lower the tax bracket if one spouse's earnings aren't very high.
Tell me, how do you propose that such taxation should be handled in the case of a single individual reporting a single income?
Your argument is patently absurd.
Adults realize that decisions have consequences, and if you want the benefits of marriage, you will have to get married. I can't believe that anyone over the age of 6 would require an explaination of such a concept.
<quoted text>
No, because they choose not to marry, and that choice has consequences.
This is like talking to a rock.
so don't think they deserve it? Wow. That was like talking to a rock.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
d pantz

Akron, OH

#868 Mar 24, 2014
Basta wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid,sorry but this is NOT a theocracy no matter how badly you want it to be ! This great nation is in fact a "Secular" nation that is ruled by our Constitution and NOT your 2,000 year old goat herders tale ! Fact is the Constitution trumps your fictitious bible so go into the church of your choice,shut and lock the doors and preach to the choir ! Those of us who believe differently than you don't want to hear your bible babble and that is our right as American citizens ! Your rights end where mine and others begin ! The ban in Michigan was and is Unconstitutional the same as the law in Ohio which will eventually be over turned as Unconstitutional mainly because it is unconstitutional as court case after court case come to the same decisions ! Constitution trumps bible,so sad for you,to bad for you,you don't have to like it but you will have to live with it ! Now go read the 14th amendment and learn something for once in your hateful bigoted life ! Glad I could help !
which is why the government shouldn't have laws establishing the silly belief of marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scheherazade

Columbus, OH

#870 Mar 24, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>The 2nd amendment is in place for rouge factions erasing what America was build upon.
LMFAO !!!!! rouge....I [blush]
d pantz

Akron, OH

#871 Mar 24, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't destroy whole cities for folks being gay, either. Did you READ the Bible?
did you? Its full of contradictions! Funny how you seem to think its useful to push the agenda. Thought you guys were better than the "fundies" ...
d pantz

Akron, OH

#872 Mar 24, 2014
Basta wrote:
<quoted text>
hey . No one said we live in a theocracy. Its not a secular nation. Freedom of religion is duly noted in our nations foundation!
sec·u·lar /&#712;seky&#601;l &#601;r/

adjective denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#873 Mar 24, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a Republic.
The majority in Ohio defined marriage with a Constitutional amendment.
Oh? And what was its definition before that?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#874 Mar 24, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a clown!If he was a Muslim, he would not approve of you! What do Muslims do to homosexuals?
If you had two brain cells to rub together, I'd be concerned.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#875 Mar 24, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just an idiot and you know what they say, "You cannot argue with an idiot". So see ya later idiot!
Bye. Come back when you can prove your paranoid delusions.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#876 Mar 24, 2014
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Our laws should not support sin. Homosexuality is a sin. Two men or two women do not make a family. They make a Sodom and Gomorrah.
No one is required to accept your silly concept of sin.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#877 Mar 24, 2014
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not destroy whole cities for covetousness or taking His name in vain. That should tell you something about how He views the sin of sodomy.
What your invisible friend thinks is irrelevant.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#878 Mar 24, 2014
Mary wrote:
Our laws should not support sin. Homosexuality is a sin. Two men or two women do not make a family. They make a Sodom and Gomorrah.
Duke for Mayor wrote:
You know why, sin.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."
Sin is subjective. What you believe is sinful, I may not believe is sinful. Would you care to live under Sharia law? I would hazard a guess that you would not. One of the reasons that congress is enjoined from making laws respecting the establishment of religion, which the US Supreme Court has held applies also to state and municipal governments, is to preserve free exercise of the religion of your choosing.

No fear, though. You already have an immediate remedy to legislation that might promote behavior you see as sinful. Don't participate.

Do you see how easy that was?
d pantz wrote:
so don't think they deserve it? Wow. That was like talking to a rock.
Awwwwww, how cute. It parrots back.

Congratulations, d pantz, you made a post that offered no argument whatsoever, and replied using the same insult. Apparently, in addition to your lack of logic and reasoning skills, you are also in articulate. Well played.
World Without War

Wigan, UK

#879 Mar 24, 2014
let folk love and marry whoever loves them it is old news to be anti gay it has nowhere to go in the world of 2014 live and let y`all
Pappy

Mason, OH

#880 Mar 24, 2014
Here's a good article explaining the rise of multi-drug resistance tuberculosis in people that are co-infected with HIV:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/...

"Alarming New Data Shows TB-HIV Co-infection A Bigger Threat

The TB-HIV co-infection crisis is twice as big as previously thought, the new WHO figures show. In 2007, there were at least 1.37 million cases of HIV-positive TB—or nearly 15 percent of the total incident cases. That's double the previous WHO estimates.

"A global health catastrophe is unfolding," said Gerald Friedland, a professor of Medicine, Epidemiology and Public Health at Yale University School of Medicine and a leading expert on the emerging threat.

In addition, the WHO data shows that drug-resistant TB is on the rise. There were more than 500,000 cases of MDR-TB in 2007, the WHO reported. And by the end of 2008, at least 55 countries and territories had identified at least one case of extensively drug-resistant TB.

In light of the new WHO figures and increasing concern about the threat of drug-resistant TB, leading physicians and scientists are urging the Obama administration to triple the U.S. donation to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and to dramatically ramp up the U.S.'s own vastly-underfunded global TB programs."

comment: CDC data indcates conclusively that the 3 top subroups generating new HIV infections inside the US are white male queers, black male queers, and hispanic male queers.

Queers are incubating and spreading multi-drug resistant tuberculosis. In doing so, they are adding a extra burden on the US taxpayer, in terms of a highly transmissable deadly sickness and increased outlays for finding yet another cure.

In anticipation of this epidemic health problem, Obama invented the ACA that forces all taxpayers to buy insurance plans that cover HIV infections and AIDS health care therapies.
FundiesGotProble mz

Philadelphia, PA

#881 Mar 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW) expressed its disappointment that Irena Sendler had not yet been honored with a Nobel Prize:
IFSW sends congratulations to Al Gore
You should probably immolate yourself on their front sidewalk in protest.
FundiesGotProble mz

Philadelphia, PA

#882 Mar 24, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a clown!If he was a Muslim, he would not approve of you! What do Muslims do to homosexuals?
Hey sub literate tee baggrz, radical muslims would do what xstain fundies would do if fundie xstains could get away with it.

They're almost exactly the same, Birther.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#883 Mar 24, 2014
Basta wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup Bill you silly jackass!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#884 Mar 24, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had two brain cells to rub together, I'd be concerned.
Another great argument from the peanut gallery.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#885 Mar 24, 2014
FundiesGotProblemz wrote:
<quoted text>
You should probably immolate yourself on their front sidewalk in protest.
My point is a slide show on global warming is not more deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize than Irena Sendler was. She saved at least 2500 children from death and was imprisoned, sentenced to death, tortured and beaten for it. Both arms and legs broken. Meanwhile Al showed us styrofoam icebergs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FundiesGotProble mz

Philadelphia, PA

#886 Mar 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is a slide show on global warming
Red searing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ya just can't make this stuff up 3 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 21
ISIS? How About Psychopathic Football Players ... 4 hr UTrashy 17
Democraps....the party of rape 10 hr UTrashy 21
Donald Trump Big Liar 12 hr d pants 14
News Chili And Wing Cook Off Set For Saturday On Mir... 16 hr Annalisa 3
Men in the Girls Bathroom Sun UTrashy 400
News Joe Biden's Columbus destination: Jeni's Ice Cream Sun Three Psyche 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages