Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in ...

Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

There are 1159 comments on the The Marion Star story from Mar 1, 2014, titled Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#678 Mar 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason AIDS is more commonly a problem for third-world heterosexuals: STANDARD OF LIVING
What do you mean? lack of condoms? mosquitoes? what? What is your evidence?
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#679 Mar 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the forest.
Same-sex behaviors only ever result in a biological dead-end.
The unchanging laws of Nature can be so intolerant.
Hey mongoloid, if you're not mistaken in your bigoted horsesht the why are there still gay people running around?

I mean, a "biological dead end" would suggest extinction.

That hasn't happened.

Why not? Git ur best talibangelical scientists to hewlp u.
Basta

Dublin, CA

#680 Mar 20, 2014
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm mad cause you won't stay away from young little boys.
And you can't stay away from the little girls you human POS ! 1 out of every 5 girls are molested in their youth,why are you doing that ? Funny you slimy bigots never bring up that the vast majority of molestations are little girls,why is that liar ?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#681 Mar 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape is a behavior. Like same-sex behaviors.
And it has no genetic link either.
Implications? LMAO at the irony within your posts.
The implication is that whatever homosexuality is (inborn, chosen), so is heterosexuality. So let me ask you. When did you decide to become a heterosexual?
justme

United States

#682 Mar 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>Do you read your own links?
Take it up with the CDC.

From your link:

"Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) of all races and ethnicities remain the population most profoundly affected by HIV.

In 2010, the estimated number of new HIV infections among MSM was 29,800, a significant 12% increase from the 26,700 new infections among MSM in 2008.

Although MSM represent about 4% of the male population in the United States, in 2010, MSM accounted for 78% of new HIV infections among males and 63% of all new infections. MSM accounted for 52% of all people living with HIV infection in 2009, the most recent year these data are available.

In 2010, white MSM continued to account for the largest number of new HIV infections (11,200), by transmission category, followed closely by black MSM (10,600).

The estimated number of new HIV infections was greatest among MSM in the youngest age group. In 2010, the greatest number of new HIV infections (4,800) among MSM occurred in young black/African American MSM aged 13–24. Young black MSM accounted for 45% of new HIV infections among black MSM and 55% of new HIV infections among young MSM overall."
Yes, I said I was a HUMAN disease. You do seem to be able to read, just not able to read what other people write. You said it was a homosexual disease, anyone can get HIV. It's people like you that think they can't get it that spread it.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#683 Mar 21, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
No Cletus, your fundie beliefs about the age of the earth has everything to do with your inability to grasp basic genetics.
You somehow tried to avoid answering the simple question: If same sex behavior is a dead end, as you confabulated, then why haven't lgbt died out?
You can answer that now. I'm sure the other azzhat fundie can refer you to his new hom skool teechur to hewlp u come up with some reply or other.
You pos. Never forget that you bigots are educated society's trash now.
are you sure a "fundi" isn't somebody who disagrees with you that a marriage license isn't a contract? Lmao
d pantz

Akron, OH

#684 Mar 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter? They both should be watching their speedometer. I am not fond of progressivity in taxes or anything else, and the flat tax is progressive in my book. If you want equal rights you should have equal responsibility.
how is one person paying 10 percent of their weekly income "equal" to another paying 70percent?

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#685 Mar 21, 2014
d pantz wrote:
are you sure a "fundi" isn't somebody who disagrees with you that a marriage license isn't a contract? Lmao
Nope, just an idiot who doesn't understand the law.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#686 Mar 21, 2014
<quoted text>
The differences you are making up have nothing to do with the issue under discussion.
You are trolling by trying to say that the government does not regulate marriage. You're a crackpot.
Your last post about the side issue clearly contradicted itself even on its own addled terms, as I pointed out.
But again, since you've changed tack, we can all assume you recognize that "marriage" is something the government regulates, not some notary and not some mullah. That's the point, you stupid pos.
lmao. MELTDOWN!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#687 Mar 21, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, on the continent of Africa and throughout other populous third-world nations, HIV/AIDS is transmitted to heterosexuals [namely infant/virgin girls] by unprotected, vaginal...RAPE.
Take it up with the scientists in Africa.
http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2002/april/v...
Trying to figure out what this might have to do with marriage. Is the argument that legal marriage will increase the incidence of HIV? Or increase rape?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#690 Mar 21, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
it also is disproportionally affects those who pay them.
all you want to do is rant about equal rights, and then change your mind about what you really meant.
equality is inclusive....you can't pick extra's out for yourself.
according to you we are doing that now, and just admitted you knew discrimination has been occurring for a long time.
re-defining words disproportionally affects the vast majority of married people in the world.
Your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Try English next time.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#691 Mar 21, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> how is one person paying 10 percent of their weekly income "equal" to another paying 70percent?
No one is paying 70% of their income in taxes.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#692 Mar 21, 2014
<quoted text>
The differences you are making up have nothing to do with the issue under discussion.
You are trolling by trying to say that the government does not regulate marriage. You're a crackpot.
no one here ever said the government doesn't regulate legal marriage. You're insane and you don't even know what your arguing about.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#693 Mar 21, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just an idiot who doesn't understand the law.
so because I say a marriage license isn't a contract , I'm an idiot who doesn't understand the law?
Here is what boy genius posted: dpantz wrote:[quoted text ]contracts not licenses. You can't read. BTW notary's aren't restricted to real estate offices.

Fundies R Mentally ill wrote

"Hey pos, whatever you're raving about you're not talking about marriage licenses, which are contracts enforced by the government.[ end quoted text]
d pantz

Akron, OH

#694 Mar 21, 2014
look up "marriage license" and let me know if its defined as a "contract enforced by the government". http://thelawdictionary.org/marriage-license/
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#695 Mar 21, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> so because I say a marriage license isn't a contract , I'm an idiot who doesn't understand the law?
Here is what boy genius posted: dpantz wrote:[quoted text ]contracts not licenses. You can't read. BTW notary's aren't restricted to real estate offices.
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote
"Hey pos, whatever you're raving about you're not talking about marriage licenses, which are contracts enforced by the government.[ end quoted text]
I'm glad you have come around. Just 9 days ago you were all,
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> talk about the "the Dunning-Kruger effect". I post a link that clearly proves a marriage license is a 3 way contract with the state, and you're still name calling. You were wrong ,and if not prove it.
and
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> duke said marriage is a contract not a license. A marriage license IS A CONTRACT! There I explained it. You can't prove that a marriage license isn't a contract because it is. Duke was full of it and there is nothing else to "explain". Bye.
http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T8VD1M3BE...
d pantz

Akron, OH

#696 Mar 21, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
yep. And you can't follow a conversation so you shouldn't try to chime in.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#697 Mar 21, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
hey O foolish one..........look at income tax rates prior to the 80's back to the 40's.

90% income tax was the highest bracket at one point.

how is that for equality?

and in 2013 less than half the country will pay income tax.

how is that for equality?

taxes effect half the country, and your rant about 2% of it.

Can we work out the tax thingy 1st, then discuss wedding plans?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#698 Mar 21, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> yep. And you can't follow a conversation so you shouldn't try to chime in.
Look who's talking, Miss Flip-Flop.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#699 Mar 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you have come around. Just 9 days ago you were all,
<quoted text>and
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T8VD1M3BE...
you mean two days after your buddy insisted this:
| Friday Mar 7 Pencil Sharpener wrote: <quoted text> You are wrongly conflating medieval marraige with modern marriage. Medieval marriage was a private contract between families. Modern marriage is a public license, where government is involved. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_license History "For most of Western history,marriage was a private contract between two families. Until the 16th-century, Christian churches accepted the validity of a marriage on the basis of a couple’s declarations. If two people claimed that they had exchanged marital vows—even without witnesses—the Catholic Church accepted that they were validly married.'
Duke for Mayor wrote:
No, I am not. Marriage is a legally binding contract.

woof
[End quoted text]
Just going by what the "lawyer" insisted . Lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-doctor shot in home invasion dies 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1
News Ex-doctor charged in pill mill scheme dies afte... 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Military Coup Has Seized Control of America's M... 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 5 hr Mojo Risen 234
A taste of their own 5 hr They cannot kill ... 266
Russia Investigation 6 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 19
Health Care/The Wall 7 hr Male 106

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages