Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

There are 20 comments on the Mar 1, 2014, The Marion Star story titled Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

d pantz

Akron, OH

#590 Mar 20, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Flat tax isn't fair. it taxes a percentage, not a dollar amount (per capita).
think of it this way. Two people get a speeding ticket in a school zone. One makes 60 grand a year and the other 20. Who do you think is going to watch their speedometer more? The person who can afford to pay that fine multiplied times 8 or the person who has to eat spaghetti for a month and can't afford a birthday gift for their kid because the punk azzes just stole more than half their weekly income and that's fair?
d pantz

Akron, OH

#591 Mar 20, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't address the question of what controlling authority oversees such agreements...or marriage...which is a legal contract.
Obviously it's the government.
Not mullahs.
Your supposed argument is that the government is not involved in marriage or should not be. So again, who would adjudicate prenups or divorces or marriages in your troll, I mean, scheme?
You can answer this time, Rizzo.
this is just sad.
Whoever you want and I don't have to worry about it because we are all treated equally.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#592 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
That doesn't address the question of what controlling authority oversees such agreements...or marriage...which is a legal contract.
Obviously it's the government.
Not mullahs.
Your supposed argument is that the government is not involved in marriage or should not be. So again, who would adjudicate prenups or divorces or marriages in your troll, I mean, scheme?
You can answer this time, Rizzo.
whatever. As long as I'm not paying more than you because you believe you need to get married.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#593 Mar 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
That Mother Nature is one hell of an intolerant bigot.
You must be referencing the fact that the overwhelming percentage of AIDS cases have struck heterosexuals again.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#594 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> actually all I was doing was arguing that a license and a contract are two serarate things! ;)
No, you haven't been arguing that. You've been trying to say that the government has nothing to do with marriage, for which a couple gets a license from the government. Or should not have anything to do with granting and enforcing and dissolving marriages.

But if you want to just state that you know the government oversees marriage in this country then fine, troll.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#595 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text>actually all I was doing was arguing that a license and a contract are two serarate things! ;)
No, it's not. My driver's license is a contract with the state. It says I have done everything I am supposed to do to be legal to drive, and this is rediculous.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#596 Mar 20, 2014
I disagree that "marriage is a contract." Its not just a contract, its more than that to people who get married.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#597 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> this is just sad.
Whoever you want and I don't have to worry about it because we are all treated equally.
Obviously that avoids the simple matter of the government's overseeing marriages and divorces.

I think bigots who discriminate should be treated as less than, as criminals, incidentally.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#598 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>I forget if you're one of the moron talibangelicals or some mormon whatever, but I do enjoy calling the evilgelicals out on their bigotries, anti rationality, waning theocratic aspirations. The filth.

And by the way, whether the sky is blue or pink on a given day is not a matter of opinion, either.
I'm the moron that isn't arguing with this "pants" guy anymore. By pink or blue I mean I'm looking at the sky and can clearly see what color it is, just like I can clearly tell whether or not a marriage is legal and the legal contract is by the government.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#599 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
You must be referencing the fact that the overwhelming percentage of AIDS cases have struck heterosexuals again.
You missed the forest.

Same-sex behaviors only ever result in a biological dead-end.
The unchanging laws of Nature can be so intolerant.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#600 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
probably because a lot of people seem to think you have to be gay to get it. Why? I don't know but its silly. That being said http://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/news/epide... statistically in the united states, HIV is on the rise everywhere. No decline in the risk for gay men my friend.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#601 Mar 20, 2014
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the moron that isn't arguing with this "pants" guy anymore. By pink or blue I mean I'm looking at the sky and can clearly see what color it is, just like I can clearly tell whether or not a marriage is legal and the legal contract is by the government.
then thou need to argue with thyself. You're pally wally said a marriage license is a contract. That was the whole argument. While it does have many of the same elements, its still a license and not a contract and the definition of "marriage" legal or otherwise is questionable...... agree???
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#602 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> probably because a lot of people seem to think you have to be gay to get it. Why? I don't know but its silly. That being said http://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/news/epide... statistically in the united states, HIV is on the rise everywhere. No decline in the risk for gay men my friend.
Again, that completely avoided the content of my post.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#603 Mar 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the forest.
Same-sex behaviors only ever result in a biological dead-end.
The unchanging laws of Nature can be so intolerant.
You don't understand how traits are passed from one generation to the next, Jethro, and jaysus himself could not explain it to you.

A person who does not evidence a particular trait can still in many, many instances pass that trait along.

But why are you raising this flawed argument that you don't grasp in the first place? You don't "believe in" the Theory of Evolution to start with. You stupid rube.

And anyway, it's sexually sick, uneducated homophobes who are dying out from educated countries. LGBT people and lgbt allies are making tremendous strides.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#604 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
You don't understand how traits are passed from one generation to the next, Jethro, and jaysus himself could not explain it to you.
A person who does not evidence a particular trait can still in many, many instances pass that trait along.
But why are you raising this flawed argument that you don't grasp in the first place? You don't "believe in" the Theory of Evolution to start with. You stupid rube.
And anyway, it's sexually sick, uneducated homophobes who are dying out from educated countries. LGBT people and lgbt allies are making tremendous strides.
Let me simplify the concept for you, ace.

Please provide an example where two members of the same sex naturally conceived and birthed a joint biological child.

I'll wait.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#605 Mar 20, 2014
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not. My driver's license is a contract with the state. It says I have done everything I am supposed to do to be legal to drive, and this is rediculous.
your drivers license makes it legal for you to drive where without it its illegal. Though I'm not arguing that you have to meet requirements to to get it.
You spelled "ridiculous" wrong.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#606 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Again, that completely avoided the content of my post.
that's because it never had any "content" that was relevant to reality.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#607 Mar 20, 2014
3 hrs ago dpantz wrote:[quoted text ]contracts not licenses. You can't read. BTW notary's aren't restricted to real estate offices.

Fundies R Mentally ill wrote

"Hey pos, whatever you're raving about you're not talking about marriage licenses, which are contracts enforced by the government.
[ end quoted text]
d pantz

Akron, OH

#609 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz

Akron, OH

#610 Mar 20, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iran seizes US cargo ship 7 min Reality Speaks 7
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 21 min Pope Che Reagan C... 6,236
Freddie Gray riots in Baltimore 27 min Zang 85
Stop posting FACTS about Baltimore, people 50 min hmm 1
The great agitator Al Sharpton's coming to Balt... 51 min bahahaha 1
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 52 min Pope Che Reagan C... 219
Hillary Clinton 2016? (Apr '13) 55 min Bushido Brown 156
Ohio High School cancels Muslim Day celebration... 1 hr d pantz 142
BizzyBee HAS LEFT THIS FORUM…..FOR GOOD! 22 hr Learn to read 107
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]