Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

Mar 1, 2014 Full story: The Marion Star 1,177

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Read more

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#548 Mar 20, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you can't look away.
BTW, for a homophobic closet case, you used "beard" incorrectly here.
Correct usage:

The photographer captured the shot of an awkward Barack kissing his beard, Michelle, for the cameras.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#549 Mar 20, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone's been guzzling the kool aid.
A flat tax is HARDLY fair, you idiot.
Yeah! Everybody taxed equally isn't fair! Wait, what!??
d pantz

Akron, OH

#550 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
You go to a marriage clerk of the state and get a marriage license. Not to some notary at a real estate office.
Next troll.
we were on contract law, dummy. Not marriage license. You have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#551 Mar 20, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I pay a higher rate than others when I receive no greater services of any particular level of government? The Feds son't do more for me, in fact much less than they do for a welfare cumdumpsteret.
its only unfair when it happens to them. You deserve it because you're "different" if you don't agree you're a "bigot".

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#552 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> we were on contract law, dummy. Not marriage license. You have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old.
Homosexuals suffer from arrested development.
Hence, their ignorance on the natural use of their standard equipment.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#553 Mar 20, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
If you make more, you can afford to pay more.
and if you're single you can afford to pay more?? What? You can still have a flat percentage rate based on income.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#554 Mar 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct usage:
The photographer captured the shot of an awkward Barack kissing his beard, Michelle, for the cameras.
Same non stop, homosexual obsession from the homophobic closet case fundies as I was just remarking upon. In that sense, it sure is the "correct" usage, as in "revealing."
d pantz

Akron, OH

#555 Mar 20, 2014
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize, by definition, legal is something issued by the government. You break a law, you break a law issued by a city, state, or federal government. A legal contract HAS to be honored by the government, if it didn't you wouldn't need a lawyer and the court system for a divorce. My brother got married in a church, he was divorced in a court, LEGAL contract, see how that works?
yes I do. But you can't be legally classified as married/divorced in Ohio with just a contract, you also need the license but technically you could make a marriage contract without it. Just not legally honored as such (subject to Ohio marriage and divorce law.).
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#556 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> we were on contract law, dummy. Not marriage license. You have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old.
That's the point, you disordered ramblings about contract law have nothing to do with either contract law or with the topic under discussion - marriage licenses. Which are granted by the government, not by some con artist, bigot pastor, or whatever filth you think should be controlling marriage.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#557 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're crazy.
Because the nuts arguing that government should not be involved in marriage licenses granting government benefits don't want marriages handled by six year old Girl Scouts. They want marriages handled by clergy of various sorts.
But again, no matter how difficult simple definitions for talibangelicals to understand and accept, this is not a theocracy. We do not let clergy enact bestow government benefits on couples. Clergy may have an ancillary role in marriage, symbolic, but anyone may marry without clergy. The religious component of marriage is purely optional. The license, the state recognition, is not.
No one is really confused about this. You're really just arguing your fantasy polygamy troll again.
so if the government didn't honor the belief that
couples should get married, that makes us a theocracy.... how?
Your reply above just gives more reasons why they should stay out of it.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#558 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
You go to a marriage clerk of the state and get a marriage license. Not to some notary at a real estate office.
Next troll.
contracts not licenses. You can't read. BTW notarys aren't restricted to real estate offices.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#559 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
That's the point, you disordered ramblings about contract law have nothing to do with either contract law or with the topic under discussion - marriage licenses. Which are granted by the government, not by some con artist, bigot pastor, or whatever filth you think should be controlling marriage.
you're the one who insisted "marriage is a contract". Though you leave out the rest of the legal definition at your convenience.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#560 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> contracts not licenses. You can't read. BTW notarys aren't restricted to real estate offices.
Hey pos, whatever you're raving about you're not talking about marriage licenses, which are contracts enforced by the government.

Not by some mullah.

Or if the government is not overseeing these marriages, which are contracts, then what authority or whom do you think in your trolling, stupid mind will be overseeing them?

You said something about going to a notary. I said you can't go get married by a notary at a real estate office. The fact that you can find notaries elsewhere has nothing to do with ridiculing your stupid trolling statement.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#561 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
you're the one who insisted "marriage is a contract, not me. ROTFLMAO. You're right though its more than that to many people like yourself who want equal marriages.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#562 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Hey pos, whatever you're raving about you're not talking about marriage licenses, which are contracts enforced by the government.
two lawyers that post here would strongly disagree with that statement.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#563 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> how can you be a homophobe if gay? Why would you think someone would be that confused? Is it because your confused sometimes yourself? Every straight person I know doesn't question their sexuality one bit.
You know very little about the mind, do you? Usually what annoys people the MOST failings they fear about their own life. Think about it.

Internalized homophobia is a true soul killer. Many guys and gals were raised by homophobic parents and they fight their own brain for their whole lives to deny who they really are. It's quite sad, actually.

And, Cletus, I've not questioned my sexuality since I was 19 years old. I know who I am to and to deny would be idiotic and self defeating.

Anyway, I would think you hets would APPROVE of less competition for the LADIES. When I was younger I was quite a catch, if I do say so, a LONG time ago, alas, and having me NOT panting over girls gave you guys the inside track.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#564 Mar 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals suffer from arrested development.
Hence, their ignorance on the natural use of their standard equipment.
Noooo, my "standard equipment" works PERFECTLY well, thank you for worrying so much. The dick wants what the dick wants. All ITS job is is to make the owner happy. Same with the vagina.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#565 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> you're the one
Hey troll, you dun fergit to say who you think does or will perform and dissolve marriages under your unknown, insane scheme...if not mullahs.

You can reply when you have something to say.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#566 Mar 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> two lawyers that post here would strongly disagree with that statement.
There's no lawyers here, no lawyers disagree that the government oversees marriage, a contract for which you get license.

Make things up better now.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#567 Mar 20, 2014
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>You know very little about the mind, do you? Usually what annoys people the MOST failings they fear about their own life. Think about it.
Internalized homophobia is a true soul killer. Many guys and gals were raised by homophobic parents and they fight their own brain for their whole lives to deny who they really are. It's quite sad, actually.
And, Cletus, I've not questioned my sexuality since I was 19 years old. I know who I am to and to deny would be idiotic and self defeating.
Anyway, I would think you hets would APPROVE of less competition for the LADIES. When I was younger I was quite a catch, if I do say so, a LONG time ago, alas, and having me NOT panting over girls gave you guys the inside track.
Why are you earnestly explaining things to the troll, Rizzo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Christ King of Kings Lord of Lord's 11 min Jesus Truth 45
Is a Lapdance Prostitution? 15 min No Way 21
Bibi the Hypocrite 40 min Ecossais 64
Where has BizzyBee, Pale Rider, Catman, been 41 min RU_Kiddingme 8
America a Christian Nation? You Betcha. (Jun '14) 1 hr d pantz 62
Black Nebraska senator compares police to ISIS 1 hr d pantz 33
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr d pantz 6,032
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web