Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in ...

Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

There are 1159 comments on the The Marion Star story from Mar 1, 2014, titled Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#442 Mar 19, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated:
"Marriage is a legal contract between two people administered by the government.
Your religion - all religions - are irrelevant to marriage law."
And you asked..."according to whom?"
According to the law, genius.
Or, to put it in terms that even you can understand:
Please name ONE religious requirement for marriage. Any one will do.
We'll wait.
what law?

prior to the nanny states of America ever being born, church's for 1000's of years performed wedding ceremonies.

and the definition of marriage is the union of man and woman before God.

so now go off on your tangent of being an atheist, and how you need extra rights.

Or after your ilk re-defined marriage of thousands of years, it no longer matters.
Pappy

Mason, OH

#443 Mar 19, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're flat out mad. Contracts are overseen by courts, obviously.
Perhaps you don't realize the judiciary is part of the government.
You fundies are crazy beyond belief. It's astonishing these freeeks can turn appliances on and off, let alone get through the sixth grade in school
Cool your heals, dingdong. You don't know contract law.

The arbitration of a contract is normally performed by the arbiter enumerated in the contact. No one can designate the government as the arbiter of a private contract. It is not legal to obligate the government and it's resources in a private contract.

Judicial activists have allowed civil courts to arbitrate marriages when there is no written contract, because unwritten marriage contracts are a common occurance. This should never happen, but like sh!t happening it does. Oral contracts are by default frivolous.

The government can get involved only if one of the parties files a civil lawsuit, contesting the private arbitration. Frivolous lawsuits are common in civil courts. A government can refuse to arbitrate a marriage contract dispute. The loser typically pays court costs.
Obama the Drama Queen

Cummington, MA

#444 Mar 19, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't a theocracy. You don't get the government rights and responsibilities of marriage because some sexually addled, anti rational, fundamentalist con artist weds you.
Government benefits means government oversight, you deranged pos bigot.
You stupid moron! This is a theocracy! It's called Judaism! Some would say Judaic Christian but that's ridiculous since many Christians want NOTHING to do in the Mideast! Why the hell do you think we've been in the Mideast for so GD long! Israel! What a fool you are!
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#445 Mar 19, 2014
Only fudge pack'n that should take place is boxing up candy at places like Anthony Thomas. All others should be exterminated.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#446 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
according to whom?
you?
prior to the United States Government ever being a blink in the founding fathers eyes, church's have been performing marriage ceremonies.
what are you.....19?
and your name...just think....I ask you when you are going to start thinking.
...and marriage was around a long time BEFORE your silly church.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#447 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
show me in writing the separation of church and state.
my copy of the constitution is missing it.
help an uninformed guy out please.
OH puh-leez! Stop being ridiculous.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#448 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
another fantasy.
better chance for jail than the oval office.
Out of touch with reality, are you? Hillary is unbeatable.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#449 Mar 19, 2014
Obama the Drama Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid moron! This is a theocracy! It's called Judaism! Some would say Judaic Christian but that's ridiculous since many Christians want NOTHING to do in the Mideast! Why the hell do you think we've been in the Mideast for so GD long! Israel! What a fool you are!
Wack-a-doodle-do.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#450 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
well prior to the nanny state US government getting their filthy greedy hands on everything, and even being recognized as a country......church's performed all wedding ceremonies.
And by definition..........marriage is the union of man and women before God.
then liberals wrote new definitions.
you want the real definition of marriage defined by thousands of years of history, or your fantasy crusade of 20 years?
and you think you can outwit......how hysterical you are.
In other words - as I stated - religion is completely irrelevant to marriage law.

Yeah...we know.

Feel free to join us in the 21st Century at your leisure....

PS - "by definition" marriage is the union of a man woman before god?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#451 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and the definition of marriage is the union of man and woman before God..
No, sadsack, its really not.
Pappy

Mason, OH

#452 Mar 19, 2014
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool your heals, dingdong. You don't know contract law.
The arbitration of a contract is normally performed by the arbiter enumerated in the contact. No one can designate the government as the arbiter of a private contract. It is not legal to obligate the government and it's resources in a private contract.
Judicial activists have allowed civil courts to arbitrate marriages when there is no written contract, because unwritten marriage contracts are a common occurance. This should never happen, but like sh!t happening it does. Oral contracts are by default frivolous.
The government can get involved only if one of the parties files a civil lawsuit, contesting the private arbitration. Frivolous lawsuits are common in civil courts. A government can refuse to arbitrate a marriage contract dispute. The loser typically pays court costs.
I should add that when a party files a civil lawsuit, it is merely a petition requesting government to intervene in a private contract. Government can refuse the petition readily, and does so frequently. There is no legal obligation of a government court to execute a petition for contract arbitration.

If dingdongs were to petition a court to arbitrate a private contract, and their contract says the government is obligated to arbitrate their contract, not only would the lawsuit be thrown out as frivolous, the dingdong would most likely be ordered to pay court cost. Knowing that there are many hysterical dingdongs in the world, they would probably be thrown in jail for contempt of court antics.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#453 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
according to whom?
you?
prior to the United States Government ever being a blink in the founding fathers eyes, church's have been performing marriage ceremonies.
what are you.....19?
and your name...just think....I ask you when you are going to start thinking.
According to the State of Ohio and the US Constitution.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#454 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and stupid had to chime in above proving lack of substance again.
your law is 225 years old. Prior to this new law....how was marriage handled by atheists?
Ohio has a law, and you demand it be changed. The law in Ohio was voted on for a State Constitutional amendment.
you do not like it.....we get it.
you like laws passed by politicians who don't even read them.
What possible relevance does the law prior to the existence of the US and Ohio have to do with this discussion?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#455 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
well prior to the nanny state US government getting their filthy greedy hands on everything, and even being recognized as a country......
Spoken like a true patriot.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#456 Mar 19, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a 22 year old gay man and i love black men and they love me we have sax all the time you can't do shit just saying you need to grow the
Bill Clinton played the sax. Do you know him?

Planet Earth

#457 Mar 19, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> nope just sayn, you have the equal opportunity to marry the opposite sex. If you don't want to, you want special rights.
Nope, he doesn't want any right that you will not also have.

Planet Earth

#458 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me......the government taxes married differently because trophy's are going to need to attend school..
The government taxes marrieds differently than singles whether they have children or not.

and

You are given an exemption for children, whether you are married or not.

The two are completely disconnected. You failed.

Planet Earth

#459 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me.....you are fantasizing again.
you have exactly the same rights as any American Citizen, and you want extra rights no matter your spin.
It's not an extra right. You would have it too.
Traditional Family Man

Bladensburg, MD

#460 Mar 19, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not an extra right. You would have it too.
Still an extra right, no matter who has it. But it's only a right they benefits gays. A special right.
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#461 Mar 19, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an extra right. You would have it too.
Where is the suport for multiple wives?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Will Men Come Forward? 1 hr OpinionSmackdown 26
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 7 hr d pants 1,411
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 7 hr Pam 17
DID SOMEONE STUFF Serious Lady's BIRD THIS THAN... 7 hr BizzyBee got DOXXED 3
News Delay in Muslims' citizenship leads to lawsuits 7 hr Ebola For You 2
TESLA: Electric Truckerland 🚛 7 hr Elon Musk for GOD... 34
MS-13 victim was stabbed 100 times, decapitated... 9 hr They cannot kill ... 6

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance