Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in ...

Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

There are 1159 comments on the The Marion Star story from Mar 1, 2014, titled Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

Goo Goo Ga Ga Binky

Huntington, MA

#399 Mar 19, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
Scratch a homophobe, find a racist. And vice versa.
Actually, you rube, social scientists and psychologists have empirically tested that one form of bigotry correlates very strongly with other sorts of bigotries.
Bigots are almost always multi purpose bigots.
Now, I know because you are so stupid and backwards that you won't understand what any of that means. You filth.
There's my little coward who couldn't answer my assertion over on the other board because it is incapable. Just look at its little infantile hissy fits on topix. Wittle baby.....
d pantz

Akron, OH

#400 Mar 19, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How does government stay out of a legal contract?
by not licensing it for fiscal benefits.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#401 Mar 19, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You are kidding, right?
no. Then they only have to worry about it if the "contract" (I'm sure that's all a marriage is to you) unless its broken. Like a normal contract. You know they have those, right. Contracts that require no license? Really a marriage doesn't require one.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#402 Mar 19, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Drinking this early in the day?
nope just sayn, you have the equal opportunity to marry the opposite sex. If you don't want to, you want special rights. If I don't want to , that's just too bad. Right? Not because I'm gay but because I'm different. Because of a choice I make based on what I believe, its okay to dump that same burden on me.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#403 Mar 19, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract.
its more than that but if you wanna go by the legal definition we can. Go ahead, you know the rest. The "man and woman" part?
d pantz

Akron, OH

#404 Mar 19, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant filth, lgbt rights have been advancing at an increasing rate, particularly over the past decade.
It's sexually sick homophobes who now have to remain in the closet. It's a complete turnaround.
how can you be a homophobe if gay? Why would you think someone would be that confused? Is it because your confused sometimes yourself? Every straight person I know doesn't question their sexuality one bit.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#405 Mar 19, 2014
lides wrote:
a poll from Quinnipiac University? Probably not accurate.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#406 Mar 19, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays marrying do not affect anybody's right to procreate. Try again.
excuse me......the government taxes married differently because trophy's are going to need to attend school..

you try again, because your lame attempt failed again.

sorry.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#407 Mar 19, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a 22 year old gay man and i love black men and they love me we have sax all the time you can't do shit just saying you need to grow the
will you live long enough to see 30 is the real question.

Nobody needs to do shut, because you are doing it for them.

I suggest you wake up and try living longer.

However if 22 is as far as you want to travel, then plenty will agree with you.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#409 Mar 19, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>What? Tolerate being second class just to make you feel 'special?' No thanks.
We are citizens of this country just like you. If you think CUs are so great YOU get one.
which is why the government needs to stay out of marriage.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#410 Mar 19, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
And even using your definition, it isn't an extra right in the sense that it won't be a right that you do not also have. So your extra right claim fails all the way around.
excuse me.....you are fantasizing again.

you have exactly the same rights as any American Citizen, and you want extra rights no matter your spin.

there is no debate.....you lose.

If you want a legal relationship with a same sex partner, then form an LLC.

If you want to argue and try force, then expect heels dug in fighting you 25 to 1. You are the single warrior against 25.

Tired of the spin and lies and distortion........pop culture will not change the face of America, and the next POTUS will bring back respect for society and country, or America fails.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#411 Mar 19, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've asked this question of other gay marriage opponents with no response. Perhaps you will be different...
How does gay marriage impact your life or your marriage?
Thanks for replying.
because marriage is a religious ceremony before God, and a pledge to raise a family in Gods honor.

so re-defining the word marriage, impacts every single married person, and is against the religion of over 70% of American citizens.

Hope I answered your specific question for you, and if not please ask more questions.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Amherst, MA

#412 Mar 19, 2014
Go to Unsavoryagents.com to find one of the most brilliants artworks of our President. On the Obama drop down tab click on the "Joker-Cope" art piece by Sabo. The whole page contains various works by this artist that the left cost would rather see go away. It's hilarious and artful.
It drives liberals insane......

:o)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#413 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
because marriage is a religious ceremony before God, and a pledge to raise a family in Gods honor.
so re-defining the word marriage, impacts every single married person, and is against the religion of over 70% of American citizens.
Hope I answered your specific question for you, and if not please ask more questions.
Marriage is a legal contract between two people administered by the government.

Your religion - all religions - are irrelevant to marriage law.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#414 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
We should change the law to prohibit atheists from getting married then, eh Walter?
Crazy Eights

Hinsdale, MA

#415 Mar 19, 2014
Leave these pigs to their own devices til they destroy themselves.
Just leave children out of it.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#416 Mar 19, 2014
d pantz wrote:
a poll from Quinnipiac University? Probably not accurate.
I notice that you do not take steps to prove that assertion. It is one thing to make an assumption, it is another thing entirely to offer proof of one's assertions.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#417 Mar 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery has been around since the first tribe conquered its neighbor.
It was an entrenched institution at the founding of this nation...and, unsurprisingly, continues in various parts of our globe even today.
Still, our framers recognized it as contradictory to our moral principles, and in need of gradual abolition. By example, many freed their slaves upon their deaths. In fact, our nation continued in this vein up until abolition in 1864.
There is no doubt the timeline would have stretched somewhat longer had the South controlled the House from inception.
But, knowledge is wasted on you.
You failed freshman Biology.
So the founders took 100 years to abolish slavery? Wow! How long did they live?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#418 Mar 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract. No license = not legally married. You can have 500 church weddings. No license from the state, not legally married.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#419 Mar 19, 2014
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Queer marriage equivocates and elevates hedonism over child raising.
More straight people will see it for what it really is, and will cease to apply for a marriage license because a marriage license has now become a symbol of queer monkey-style trashiness.
Have any data to back up that lie? Of course not.

If you have to make up lies to prove your point, you have already lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PRESIDENT Trump: 'The United States will not be... 5 min They cannot kill ... 46
Donald Trump absolute failure 18 min lol 6
Democrats are Not for Open Borders, but 31 min Vote4 Democrats 1
Trumps world crumbles around him 2 hr Enter Username 4
Disgraced President Trump 2 hr Enter Username 28
The separation of migrant children from their p... 2 hr Chuck Schumer 104
Trump Cult 3 hr White Fangs 146

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages