Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in ...

Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

There are 1159 comments on the The Marion Star story from Mar 1, 2014, titled Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

d pantz

Akron, OH

#255 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what the clowns on the courts think? Bunch of liberal lunatics. Like I said, the democrats do not want your blood just your money. They mock you, like Alec Baldwin, always have and always will. It doesn't matter if a bunch of libs tell you that what you are doing is normal, now does it? Read the bible, God loves you but not what you do. Time on earth is short, remember that. You have the right to do what you want and I have the right to say it is wrong, whether you like it or not. Call it whatever you want. You are an evil nasty person full of hatred, sin and rage. Stay away from my family!
Go over to Russia and talk to Putin, you coward! Better yet, the Middle East!
they think equal protection is just for them and not for anybody else who turns down their opportunity to marry the opposite sex for whatever reason (some people are straight, they just don't believe in sanctity.)

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#256 Mar 18, 2014
Another killer disease striking homosexuals
Published: 04/15/2013 at 2:31 PM
“Gay” sex is becoming even more dangerous.

Health officials are warning sexually active “gay” men about an outbreak of potentially deadly bacterial meningitis in Los Angeles and New York.

The disease has infected 22 people in New York and caused seven deaths since 2010. Health officials in Los Angeles are testing to see if the strain infecting “gay” men there is the same one hitting New York.

The AIDS Healthcare Foundation began offering free meningitis vaccines today after a “gay” man from West Hollywood was declared brain dead on Friday.

Thirty-three-year-old lawyer Brett Shaad died within a week of feeling sick.

Authorities suspect he was exposed to bacterial meningitis at a party in Palm Springs the weekend of March 30 that attracts “gay” revelers from across the country.

The New York Daily News is calling the disease an STD threat, even though the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not classify bacterial meningitis as a sexually transmitted disease.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/anotherkiller-dise...

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#257 Mar 18, 2014
Health Risks of the Homosexual Lifestyle

The current media portrayal of gay and lesbian relationships is that they are as healthy, stable and loving as heterosexual marriages — or even more so.1 Medical associations are promoting somewhat similar messages.2 Sexual relationships between members of the same sex, however, expose gays, lesbians and bisexuals to extreme risks of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), physical injuries, mental disorders and even a shortened life span. There are five major distinctions between gay and heterosexual relationships, with specific medical consequences. They are:

Levels of Promiscuity read more

Similar extremes of promiscuity have not been documented among lesbians. However, an Australian study found that 93 percent of lesbians reported having had sex with men, and lesbians were 4.5 times more likely than heterosexual women to have had more than 50 lifetime male sex partners. Any degree of sexual promiscuity carries the risk of contracting STDs.

Physical Health read more

Male Homosexual Behavior
Female Homosexual Behavior

Common sexual practices among gay men lead to numerous STDs and physical injuries, some of which are virtually unknown in the heterosexual population. Lesbians are also at higher risk for STDs. In addition to diseases that may be transmitted during lesbian sex, a study at an Australian STD clinic found that lesbians were three to four times more likely than heterosexual women to have sex with men who were high-risk for HIV.

Mental Health read more

It is well established that there are high rates of psychiatric illnesses, including depression, drug abuse, and suicide attempts, among gays and lesbians. This is true even in the Netherlands, where gay, lesbian and bisexual (GLB) relationships are far more socially acceptable than in the U.S. Depression and drug abuse are strongly associated with risky sexual practices that lead to serious medical problems.

Life Span read more

The only epidemiological study to date on the life span of gay men concluded that gay and bisexual men lose up to 20 years of life expectancy.

Monogamy read more

Monogamy, meaning long-term sexual fidelity, is rare in GLB relationships, particularly among gay men. One study reported that 66 percent of gay couples reported sex outside the relationship within the first year, and nearly 90 percent if the relationship lasted five years.

Other Health Risks read more

In Summary
It is clear that there are serious medical consequences to same-sex behavior. Identification with a GLB community appears to lead to an increase in promiscuity, which in turn leads to a myriad of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and even early death. Youth should be warned of the undeniable health risks associated with a homosexual lifestyle.

*Adapted from Dr. John R. Diggs, Jr.,“The Health Risks of Gay Sex.” Corporate Resource Council (2002).(accessed 1/30/13)

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#258 Mar 18, 2014
Wanted to make sure you viewed this! Hope you have good life insurance!

Life Span

The only epidemiological study to date on the life span of gay men concluded that gay and bisexual men lose up to 20 years of life expectancy.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#259 Mar 18, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
You fundie azzwipes don't believe in Evolution.
You don't understand how traits are passed along.
And you inadvertently indicated that you think variations in sexual orientation have a genetic basis, you stupid rube.
you evolved into a joke, and America is laughing.

stupid is fanning flames in a nation that has been deliberately divided to create diversions.

When you fan enough to burst into flames, then you won't need to worry about marriage.

you stupid antagonizers are going to reap what you sow.

PS: St Patrick introduced Christianity to the Irish, and why the day is celebrated. Christian religion forbids same sex behavior. Forbidding gay squad marching in St Patricks day parade is being consistent with the religion.

You need to keep being very vocal, militant, and continue rubbing peoples faces in your unmoral behavior.

It is just a matter of time before it explodes.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#260 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what the clowns on the courts think? Bunch of liberal lunatics. Like I said, the democrats do not want your blood just your money. They mock you, like Alec Baldwin, always have and always will. It doesn't matter if a bunch of libs tell you that what you are doing is normal, now does it? Read the bible, God loves you but not what you do. Time on earth is short, remember that. You have the right to do what you want and I have the right to say it is wrong, whether you like it or not. Call it whatever you want. You are an evil nasty person full of hatred, sin and rage. Stay away from my family!
Go over to Russia and talk to Putin, you coward! Better yet, the Middle East!
Your particular religion is irrelevant to marriage law.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#261 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
Another killer disease striking homosexuals
Published: 04/15/2013 at 2:31 PM
“Gay” sex is becoming even more dangerous.
Health officials are warning sexually active “gay” men about an outbreak of potentially deadly bacterial meningitis in Los Angeles and New York.
The disease has infected 22 people in New York and caused seven deaths since 2010. Health officials in Los Angeles are testing to see if the strain infecting “gay” men there is the same one hitting New York.
The AIDS Healthcare Foundation began offering free meningitis vaccines today after a “gay” man from West Hollywood was declared brain dead on Friday.
Thirty-three-year-old lawyer Brett Shaad died within a week of feeling sick.
Authorities suspect he was exposed to bacterial meningitis at a party in Palm Springs the weekend of March 30 that attracts “gay” revelers from across the country.
The New York Daily News is calling the disease an STD threat, even though the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not classify bacterial meningitis as a sexually transmitted disease.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/anotherkiller-dise...
LOL...World Nut Daily?

Next

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#262 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
Health Risks of the Homosexual Lifestyle
The current media portrayal of gay and lesbian relationships is that they are as healthy, stable and loving as heterosexual marriages — or even more so.1 Medical associations are promoting somewhat similar messages.2 Sexual relationships between members of the same sex, however, expose gays, lesbians and bisexuals to extreme risks of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), physical injuries, mental disorders and even a shortened life span. There are five major distinctions between gay and heterosexual relationships, with specific medical consequences. They are:
Levels of Promiscuity read more
Similar extremes of promiscuity have not been documented among lesbians. However, an Australian study found that 93 percent of lesbians reported having had sex with men, and lesbians were 4.5 times more likely than heterosexual women to have had more than 50 lifetime male sex partners. Any degree of sexual promiscuity carries the risk of contracting STDs.
Physical Health read more
Male Homosexual Behavior
Female Homosexual Behavior
Common sexual practices among gay men lead to numerous STDs and physical injuries, some of which are virtually unknown in the heterosexual population. Lesbians are also at higher risk for STDs. In addition to diseases that may be transmitted during lesbian sex, a study at an Australian STD clinic found that lesbians were three to four times more likely than heterosexual women to have sex with men who were high-risk for HIV.
Mental Health read more
It is well established that there are high rates of psychiatric illnesses, including depression, drug abuse, and suicide attempts, among gays and lesbians. This is true even in the Netherlands, where gay, lesbian and bisexual (GLB) relationships are far more socially acceptable than in the U.S. Depression and drug abuse are strongly associated with risky sexual practices that lead to serious medical problems.
Life Span read more
The only epidemiological study to date on the life span of gay men concluded that gay and bisexual men lose up to 20 years of life expectancy.
Monogamy read more
Monogamy, meaning long-term sexual fidelity, is rare in GLB relationships, particularly among gay men. One study reported that 66 percent of gay couples reported sex outside the relationship within the first year, and nearly 90 percent if the relationship lasted five years.
Other Health Risks read more
In Summary
It is clear that there are serious medical consequences to same-sex behavior. Identification with a GLB community appears to lead to an increase in promiscuity, which in turn leads to a myriad of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and even early death. Youth should be warned of the undeniable health risks associated with a homosexual lifestyle.
*Adapted from Dr. John R. Diggs, Jr.,“The Health Risks of Gay Sex.” Corporate Resource Council (2002).(accessed 1/30/13)
LOL...A study from 11 years ago that you're trying to pass off as new?

Next.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#263 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you evolved into a joke, and America is laughing.
stupid is fanning flames in a nation that has been deliberately divided to create diversions.
When you fan enough to burst into flames, then you won't need to worry about marriage.
you stupid antagonizers are going to reap what you sow.
PS: St Patrick introduced Christianity to the Irish, and why the day is celebrated. Christian religion forbids same sex behavior. Forbidding gay squad marching in St Patricks day parade is being consistent with the religion.
You need to keep being very vocal, militant, and continue rubbing peoples faces in your unmoral behavior.
It is just a matter of time before it explodes.
Awww...you seem a little bitter over there on the wrong side of history...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#264 Mar 18, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> which is why they should stay out of marriage all together.
winner....winner chicken dinner.

the government has no business in marriage period, and forcing churches to go against religion by government law will start a revolt.

who wins?

I say no one.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#265 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
Wanted to make sure you viewed this! Hope you have good life insurance!
Life Span
The only epidemiological study to date on the life span of gay men concluded that gay and bisexual men lose up to 20 years of life expectancy.
And marriage is the cause? Are you really arguing that if gay men can legally marry in Ohio, that this will lead to their early deaths from monogamy?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#266 Mar 18, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww...you seem a little bitter over there on the wrong side of history...
excuse me mathematician......I am in the 95%, and you say I am on the wrong side.

pardon me while I laugh.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#267 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what the clowns on the courts think? Bunch of liberal lunatics......t!
Including all those put in place by Republicans?

Really, if you don't like that we have three branches of government, and that one of the high court's responsibilities is to determine the Constitutionality of laws, then why do you live in America?

If you don't like the basic US system, you should probably fine another country that fits you a bit better.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#268 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
winner....winner chicken dinner.
the government has no business in marriage period, and forcing churches to go against religion by government law will start a revolt.
who wins?
I say no one.
No church is forced to marry any couple they disapprove of. And many churches choose to marry gay folks.

So, who will be "revolting"?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#269 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
Another killer disease striking homosexuals
Published: 04/15/2013 at 2:31 PM
“Gay” sex is becoming even more dangerous.
........
Why is your mind filled with gay men having sex, when the topic is marriage? You have to know that most straight men just don't have that problem. Why would they?

So, do you think that legalizing marriage for all gay folks will cause gay men to have MORE unprotected sex with strangers? Is that the argument you are making?

Can you show any statistics to prove this odd claim?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#270 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
Another killer disease striking homosexuals
Published: 04/15/2013 at 2:31 PM
“Gay” sex is becoming even more dangerous.
Health officials are warning sexually active “gay” men about an outbreak of potentially deadly bacterial meningitis in Los Angeles and New York.
The disease has infected 22 people in New York and caused seven deaths since 2010. Health officials in Los Angeles are testing to see if the strain infecting “gay” men there is the same one hitting New York.
The AIDS Healthcare Foundation began offering free meningitis vaccines today after a “gay” man from West Hollywood was declared brain dead on Friday.
Thirty-three-year-old lawyer Brett Shaad died within a week of feeling sick.
Authorities suspect he was exposed to bacterial meningitis at a party in Palm Springs the weekend of March 30 that attracts “gay” revelers from across the country.
The New York Daily News is calling the disease an STD threat, even though the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not classify bacterial meningitis as a sexually transmitted disease.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/anotherkiller-dise...
What are YOU so worried about, unless you are opening your legs for strangers. That story was unfortunate, but you will note it was nearly a year ago and so far I have not read of ONE more guy who caught whatever that infection was. I'm thinking it was some anomaly and he may have had some underlying illness before any of that happened to him. Believe me, if gay men were dropping like flies from that terrible illness, we would have been hearing about it constantly on the local and national news.

Gosh, Chicken Little, PARANOID much?

STOP having indiscriminate sex with strangers and you'll be just FINE.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#271 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
Health Risks of the Homosexual Lifestyle
The current media portrayal of gay and lesbian relationships is that they are as healthy, stable and loving as heterosexual marriages — or even more so.1 Medical associations are promoting somewhat similar messages.2 Sexual relationships between members of the same sex, however, expose gays, lesbians and bisexuals to extreme risks of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), physical injuries, mental disorders and even a shortened life span. There are five major distinctions between gay and heterosexual relationships, with specific medical consequences. They are:
Levels of Promiscuity read more
Similar extremes of promiscuity have not been documented among lesbians. However, an Australian study found that 93 percent of lesbians reported having had sex with men, and lesbians were 4.5 times more likely than heterosexual women to have had more than 50 lifetime male sex partners. Any degree of sexual promiscuity carries the risk of contracting STDs.
Physical Health read more
Male Homosexual Behavior
Female Homosexual Behavior
Common sexual practices among gay men lead to numerous STDs and physical injuries, some of which are virtually unknown in the heterosexual population. Lesbians are also at higher risk for STDs. In addition to diseases that may be transmitted during lesbian sex, a study at an Australian STD clinic found that lesbians were three to four times more likely than heterosexual women to have sex with men who were high-risk for HIV.
Mental Health read more
It is well established that there are high rates of psychiatric illnesses, including depression, drug abuse, and suicide attempts, among gays and lesbians. This is true even in the Netherlands, where gay, lesbian and bisexual (GLB) relationships are far more socially acceptable than in the U.S. Depression and drug abuse are strongly associated with risky sexual practices that lead to serious medical problems.
Life Span read more
The only epidemiological study to date on the life span of gay men concluded that gay and bisexual men lose up to 20 years of life expectancy.
Monogamy read more
Monogamy, meaning long-term sexual fidelity, is rare in GLB relationships, particularly among gay men. One study reported that 66 percent of gay couples reported sex outside the relationship within the first year, and nearly 90 percent if the relationship lasted five years.
Other Health Risks read more
In Summary
It is clear that there are serious medical consequences to same-sex behavior. Identification with a GLB community appears to lead to an increase in promiscuity, which in turn leads to a myriad of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and even early death. Youth should be warned of the undeniable health risks associated with a homosexual lifestyle.
*Adapted from Dr. John R. Diggs, Jr.,“The Health Risks of Gay Sex.” Corporate Resource Council (2002).(accessed 1/30/13)
You certainly are worried about the problems of promiscuity. I wonder why?

Corporate Resource Council 2002? Gee, really up to date, aren't you? I just read on line that gasoline went for $1.36 a gallon in 2002!!! Iraq may have had weapons of mass destruction and the USA was going to invade them to prevent a "mushroom cloud" in New York City...George W. Bush, president then.

The top TV shows? "Friends", "The West Wing" "George Lopez". I guess those are not current anymore, like your stats.

STOP having indiscriminate sex with strangers and you have nothing to worry about.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#272 Mar 18, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is your mind filled with gay men having sex, when the topic is marriage? You have to know that most straight men just don't have that problem. Why would they?
So, do you think that legalizing marriage for all gay folks will cause gay men to have MORE unprotected sex with strangers? Is that the argument you are making?
Can you show any statistics to prove this odd claim?
This is how the oppressor keeps down the oppressed. It's been that way since history began.

Those on top of the heap get nervous when someone else tries to climb the ladder. In other days they accused the blacks of being sexually immoral and promiscuous. They accused the Irish of being promiscuous when they began immigrating to the USA. They used to accuse Jews of all sort of hideous behavior, look to Germany.

Now they are accusing LGBT of being out of control to keep their shaky seat at the party safe. Guess what, there is room for EVERYONE at the table. Not just up tight hetero white people.
Pappy

Mason, OH

#273 Mar 18, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Including all those put in place by Republicans?
Really, if you don't like that we have three branches of government, and that one of the high court's responsibilities is to determine the Constitutionality of laws, then why do you live in America?
If you don't like the basic US system, you should probably fine another country that fits you a bit better.
US constitution says the people correctly decide what is a right, as stated in the 9th and 10th amendments. The people's government is local government, not fedov or stategov.

Activist judges in the 2-party system have stolen the people's law-making power, because of people like you that lust for diversity (victim cult) national socialism.

Your highly irrational insistence that a arsehole and a tongue are sex organs indicates you as not to be taken seriously. All you have here are word games to fool the uninformed.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#274 Mar 18, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Offer a democrat your blood, they won't take it!
If they did by mistake, you would be charged with murder and their family would take all of your silly possessions.
Offer Alec Baldwin your blood!
You so crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question for Spook 48 min sidekick 7
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 3 hr GODSTRONG 435
Sharyl Attkisson, fmr WBNS 10TV and CBS Reporter 4 hr 404 not found 4
Times of Special/Independent Counsel Investigat... 5 hr Let Freedom Ring 16
NO lying about the Harry, Meghan Wedding 5 hr 404 not found 14
How about that Nobel Peace Prize 5 hr Let Freedom Ring 9
Sean Hannity 5 hr Let Freedom Ring 656

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages