301 - 316 of 316 Comments Last updated Jan 6, 2014
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#306 Dec 12, 2011
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what other reporting agencies were saying early this morning. They reported he escaped by asking to wash up, went into the jungle, survived for 2 days, and he finally found a village.
This morning also heard Paterno broke his pelvis, next show it was his hip, next show pelvis.
Imagine that, different stories pending on what channel you happen to be on or what paper you're reading.
The child is safe, isn't that what matters?
I probably posted an early version of the story. Instead of recognizing that and posting a more updated version, the poster decided to jump my behind for spinning a story. Sorry, but if someone jumps on me wrongly I usually jump back.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#307 Dec 12, 2011
tip wrote:
<quoted text>
In Catholic teaching as well as in Protestant teaching, nothing can overrule or contradict Scripture -- not pope, council or great theologian.
The Scriptures, as a whole, are foundational for faith in Christ.
Anyone who does not approach the Scripture with fear of the Lord either does not know what the Scriptures are, or does not know who the Lord is.
Where the women come from who married Adam and Eve's sons?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#308 Dec 13, 2011
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't waste my time with this crap.
Why are you protestants so fixated on paper and written words?
it is only God's word.

do you take everything so casual?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#309 Dec 13, 2011
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not fixated on a book. Some see all the Protestant fixation and automatically assume they should be, but we aren't fixated on it.
I've never read the bible, nor do I think I'm missing anything by not having read it. I tried, but after the first few pages I decided I had better things to do.
Bottom line: Mind your family, don't cheat, don't kill, don't rape, don't be jealous of what others have and don't steal and that's about all you need to know.
you have a portion of life rules; but not having faith in Jesus Christ as your savior, has your life ending at death on earth.
FKA Reader

Columbus, OH

#310 Dec 13, 2011
tip wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex is determined at fertilization.
That's REALITY.
The newly-coined phrase "sexual identity" relates to one's feelings about their actual sex.
FEELINGS ARE NOT REALITY.
Well, actually, sex, meaning the physical manifestation that you are referring to, is a bit more complicated than that. Based on the chromosomes the developing fetus at some point emits hormones (I believe that is the mechanism) that influence the development of the physical characteristics. Most of the time this results in a clearly defined male or female. However, the physical differentiation is not always so clear and there are a certain number of babies born with either dual systems or undifferentiated systems and the like.

There was a time when physicians followed your belief that gender follows the physical and set about "fixing" this folks in the middle. Typically they were made over as girls, as this surgery was simpler. The difficulty is that as these children grew up, they didn't all become "girls" and "women" as one might expect. Some grew up with a profound sense of maleness, living through profoundly unhappy childhoods of feeling out of place. Currently we can do DNA testing that might have averted the problem for some of them. That is if they were confirmed at birth as having female DNA.

But what has also been learned from their experience is that there is such a thing as "gender sense," (which has nothing to do with "feelings" ie, emotions) that communicates to a person all kinds of things about who they are and how they fit into the world. It is difficult for most to understand because for most it is part and parcel of their physical being. However, the point at which it develops in utero is apparently different from the point at which sex is physically differentiated--and may on occasion no match the physical differentiation.

We also know--again from some profoundly wrong assumptions that really screwed around with the lives of some helpless kids--that this gender sense is not simply the result of socialization. Attempts at socializing children into the opposited gender (again--from some of the attempts at "fixing up" gender-mixed physical presentations, as well as some attempts to train "gayness" out of "sissy boys") failed miserably and ruined lives.
FKA Reader

Columbus, OH

#311 Dec 13, 2011
tip wrote:
<quoted text>
When feelings do not match reality, a psychological problem exists.
Not necessarily. Ever fly an airplane? Cardinal rule is to trust your instruments. Feelings (and these are physical feelings) are easily confused in certain circumstances where the unexpected occurs. When you fly through a cloud you lose sight of the horizon and your body's sense of which way is "up" may be seriously distorted. Not a psychological problem. The physical markers are simply missing.
GlitterSucks

Columbus, OH

#312 Dec 13, 2011
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think you would cringe and run from weirdo's; and I would yell run Glitter run!!!!
You wouldn't help me? Just cheer me on to fun faster making me feel like Forest Gump, thanks a bunch.
FKA Reader

Columbus, OH

#313 Dec 13, 2011
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd still rather spend my time reading political blogs or the Wall Street Journal.
There's plenty of politics (and economics) in the Bible. That's why the folks who only go after the literal meaning of the (many times translated) words are missing out on so much--in my opinion.

It's also helpful to know how to counter when folks are misquoting or misapplying (like Michelle Bachman did recently when she picked out "let he who does not work not eat," which doesn't refer to an approach to caring for the poor or infirm--but rather a recommendation for the church leaders, who might be tempted to see their work as more important than the physical work of the community).

But, there's lots more there than the selected commandments that you have picked out as the essense of belief.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#314 Dec 13, 2011
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
There's plenty of politics (and economics) in the Bible. That's why the folks who only go after the literal meaning of the (many times translated) words are missing out on so much--in my opinion.
It's also helpful to know how to counter when folks are misquoting or misapplying (like Michelle Bachman did recently when she picked out "let he who does not work not eat," which doesn't refer to an approach to caring for the poor or infirm--but rather a recommendation for the church leaders, who might be tempted to see their work as more important than the physical work of the community).
But, there's lots more there than the selected commandments that you have picked out as the essense of belief.
First, I find that women are generally more interested in religion than men. Second, I look at religion like most else in life. I don't have to be a mechanical engineer to appreciate my car, and I don't have to know the inner workings of my flat screen TV to appreciate the picture. If it interests you, more power to you. But at the end of the day, people generally spend extracurricular time pursuing something they have a passion for.

I like the church and all, and I spend many hours volunteering there, but that doesn't mean I want to waste a lot of time reading a 2,000 year old user manual.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#315 Dec 13, 2011
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, sex, meaning the physical manifestation that you are referring to, is a bit more complicated than that. Based on the chromosomes the developing fetus at some point emits hormones (I believe that is the mechanism) that influence the development of the physical characteristics. Most of the time this results in a clearly defined male or female. However, the physical differentiation is not always so clear and there are a certain number of babies born with either dual systems or undifferentiated systems and the like.
There was a time when physicians followed your belief that gender follows the physical and set about "fixing" this folks in the middle. Typically they were made over as girls, as this surgery was simpler. The difficulty is that as these children grew up, they didn't all become "girls" and "women" as one might expect. Some grew up with a profound sense of maleness, living through profoundly unhappy childhoods of feeling out of place. Currently we can do DNA testing that might have averted the problem for some of them. That is if they were confirmed at birth as having female DNA.
But what has also been learned from their experience is that there is such a thing as "gender sense," (which has nothing to do with "feelings" ie, emotions) that communicates to a person all kinds of things about who they are and how they fit into the world. It is difficult for most to understand because for most it is part and parcel of their physical being. However, the point at which it develops in utero is apparently different from the point at which sex is physically differentiated--and may on occasion no match the physical differentiation.
We also know--again from some profoundly wrong assumptions that really screwed around with the lives of some helpless kids--that this gender sense is not simply the result of socialization. Attempts at socializing children into the opposited gender (again--from some of the attempts at "fixing up" gender-mixed physical presentations, as well as some attempts to train "gayness" out of "sissy boys") failed miserably and ruined lives.
based on above theory.....hospitals need to start kennel law.

that law is if you don't know...drown it.

don't screw up the gene pool.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#316 Dec 13, 2011
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't help me? Just cheer me on to fun faster making me feel like Forest Gump, thanks a bunch.
I would have been on the other side of the store, in the mens dressing room!!!!!

Yes.....If we were near each other, I would aide you into safety.

otherwise....run Glitter run!!!!!!!!!!
Good Grief

Dallas, TX

#318 Oct 15, 2012
There is nothing to discuss here.
A man has no business in a women's dressing room. Period.
A skirt, blouse and makeup does not a woman make.
betty

Strongsville, OH

#319 Jan 6, 2014
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I would mind my own business too, i.e. I wouldn't complain to management. The continual stories of how far people are trying to cross the line is getting old.
If you work at Target, ring up pork, it's your job. If you have a penis, go to the dressing room marked "men" and bring your dress with you.
I have a penis, and I haven't used men' room in years... if I passed by u in the bathroom you wouldn't even know. HELL, ive probably BEEN in the room with you..you just didn't know! lol.(I lived in Columbus less than a year ago.) sooo....UP YOURS!

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#320 Jan 6, 2014
The cross-dressing knucklehead should buy on line.

BOYCOTT Macy's and let the liberals support the stupid store! I will never shop at the dump! Put them out of business!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#321 Jan 6, 2014
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a penis, and I haven't used men' room in years... if I passed by u in the bathroom you wouldn't even know. HELL, ive probably BEEN in the room with you..you just didn't know! lol.(I lived in Columbus less than a year ago.) sooo....UP YOURS!

Damned freaks.
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#322 Jan 6, 2014
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to say that he really isn't some perv trying to sneak a peek and posing.
This is exactly how you right wingers think and process information. You come up with what-if scenarios to support your regressive thinking. What if you'd just get over yourself and realize that not only is it unlikely that any "perv" would go to the extent that this person did in order to have access to a safe, comfortable place but that it's even MORE unlikely for anyone to go to any lengths to get a gander of you ???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 38 min grow up 2,289
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 103
welfare nation 1 hr Duke for Mayor 9
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 1 hr d pantz 263
RIP Joan Rivers 1 hr BizzyBee 16
Obama visits his "birth" state. 1 hr d pantz 1
We can't afford a war in Syria 1 hr d pantz 1
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000