Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

Natalie Johnson claims she saw the young man walk out of the women’s fitting room and politely told him that he could not go back in because it was for women only. The cross-dressing young man claimed that he is a “female.” Johnson said that he was wearing make-up and girl’s clothing, but clearly he was a male. The cross-dresser was accompanied by five other individuals. The group argued with expletives that Macy’s is LGBT-friendly, to which Johnson replied that Macy’s is also non-discriminatory toward religion, and that it would go against her religious beliefs to lie that he was a woman or compromise with homosexuality. The group then demanded to speak with a manager.
When Johnson was confronted by her employer, she explained that she could not allow a male to change in a female’s fitting room. Johnson’s boss referred her to Macy’s LGBT policy which allows “transgender” people to change in any dressing room they want. However, Johnson pointed out that the same policy also protects against religious discrimination and, in this case, it protects her right to her beliefs that were being violated. The manager demanded that she comply with the LGBT policies or lose her job. Johnson refused to go against her sincerely held religious beliefs and was terminated from her job.
GlitterSucks

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Do you have a link?

“Not insane-mom had me tested”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

GlitterSucks wrote:
Do you have a link?
Glitter, here's one:
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.asp...
Labia Majora

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

Good for Macy's!! Transgender people using fitting rooms does NOT compromise her religious beliefs at all. What a stupid (out of work) bitch.
GlitterSucks

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Glitter, here's one:
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.asp...
Thanks, I have to gather my thoughts before I comment.
hey now

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

Macy's presumably asks the real women customers if they mind getting undressed in close proximity to males? or does macy's desire to aquiesce to a deviant minority trump the majority of macy's female customers' need to know if men are undressing with men? Gotta be a filthy progressive behind Macy's policy making for sure.
hey now

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

should read:
female customers' need to know if men are undressing with THEM?
GlitterSucks

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

Labia Majora wrote:
Good for Macy's!! Transgender people using fitting rooms does NOT compromise her religious beliefs at all. What a stupid (out of work) bitch.
Then Macy's needs to offer a women's room, a men's room, and a unisex room, just as some establishments offer for restrooms. I know I would be taken aback if I saw a male come out of the dressing room next to me. I'll admit, I have used the men's bathroom at a concert before, shorter line. Hubby always goes in before me, assesses the situation and informs them, Glitter is coming.

When you go in a dressing room, labeled "women", I'm not expecting to see someone with a package in a dress.
GlitterSucks

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

hey now wrote:
Macy's presumably asks the real women customers if they mind getting undressed in close proximity to males? or does macy's desire to aquiesce to a deviant minority trump the majority of macy's female customers' need to know if men are undressing with men? Gotta be a filthy progressive behind Macy's policy making for sure.
Macy's is one of Little Glitter's favorite places to shop, it makes her feel special. This kind of usurps my job as a parent as to what I expose her to. I don't shelter her, but, my call not Macy's management.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

Well, there's another place I won't shop. Political Correctness will be the downfall of business.

Got to go. Have to send email to Macy's advising them to cancel our accounts.
GlitterSucks

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

hey now wrote:
I rarely agree with you, but on this one I'm shaking my head with you.

The worst thing I can try on is a bathing suit, I don't know many women that relish finding a new suit. Of course I take hubby, I need his opinion. He doesn't come in the dressing room with me; I have to walk my ass out of the dressing room, for all shoppers to see and judge me, so I can get his opinion. This is just wrong-o.

What's to say that he really isn't some perv trying to sneak a peek and posing.
ODNR LIES

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Macy's is one of Little Glitter's favorite places to shop, it makes her feel special. This kind of usurps my job as a parent as to what I expose her to. I don't shelter her, but, my call not Macy's management.
No No No No, Silly. The greater the number of times your child is exposed to deviancy without your permission --or better yet in the face of your direct refusal of such--the better our progressive society functions. After all the public schools have been doing this type of things for quite a while now. So relax, they'll take your daughter for an abortion without your consent and tell you to pound sand...
FKA Reader

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

I browsed around to see if there if there was any additional information. Apparently the sole source at this point is the press release from Liberty Counsel--representing the woman who was either fired, or elected to leave rather than stop telling transgendered persons that they can't change clothes in the dressing room.

While poking around, I did discover, in an unrelated item that Macy's recently enforced a policy that the door slats in their changing rooms point down from the inside--so that those on the outside cannot see in through the cracks. So--we are talking about an area with a number of little booths having doors.

If anyone has been to Aeropostale, they don't distinguish between male and female dressing rooms--and they all open right out onto the floor.

Trangendered people are an incredibly small slice of the total population. Nonetheless, I have known a few folks. And the reality is that frequently just walking around in public can be dangerous, and going to the bathroom or trying on clothes can be more so. In an informal survey I conducted when the McDonald's bathroom beating was in the news, I got the clear response that of the two transwomen I was talking to, they would NEVER dare go into the men's room while in drag. In short, they might never come out.

Now, whatever you might think about right or wrong, people have a basic right to go to the bathroom safely--or try on clothes safely.

So I wonder--which of the he-men out there are willing to say that they can be counted on to step in when a transwoman in drag is being beaten in the mens room?
GlitterSucks

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

ODNR LIES wrote:
<quoted text>No No No No, Silly. The greater the number of times your child is exposed to deviancy without your permission --or better yet in the face of your direct refusal of such--the better our progressive society functions. After all the public schools have been doing this type of things for quite a while now. So relax, they'll take your daughter for an abortion without your consent and tell you to pound sand...
I expose her to enough deviancy all on my own.

Also, as for the abortion comment, you don't know the relationship I have with my children nor how we raise them. Inappropriate, STFU.
Labia Majora

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

As a woman, I've been in many dressing rooms. Since every dressing room I've been in has doors and walls, I don't who is getting changed next to me. They can't see me and I can't see them. If I walk out of the fitting room and a male walks out of the fitting room next to me, it wouldn't matter. What could they possibly have seen? If I walk out in a swimsuit big deal, what does it matter if anyone sees me in it at a store or on the beach?
This uppity morons religious beliefs have nothing to do with where a transgendered person feels like trying on clothing. She was simply using this as an excuse to be a bitch.
Labia Majora

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Then Macy's needs to offer a women's room, a men's room, and a unisex room, just as some establishments offer for restrooms. I know I would be taken aback if I saw a male come out of the dressing room next to me. I'll admit, I have used the men's bathroom at a concert before, shorter line. Hubby always goes in before me, assesses the situation and informs them, Glitter is coming.

When you go in a dressing room, labeled "women", I'm not expecting to see someone with a package in a dress.
I agree with you about the unisex bathroom.
What's the big deal about seeing a "package" in a dress? Haha! I don't think my eyes would even go that way if I saw what I thought was a male in a dress. I'd mind my own business, move on, and probably be mad that this person looked better in the dress than I would!
FKA Reader

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

Labia Majora wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the big deal about seeing a "package" in a dress? Haha! I don't think my eyes would even go that way if I saw what I thought was a male in a dress. I'd mind my own business, move on, and probably be mad that this person looked better in the dress than I would!
Doesn't anyone else ever watch RuPaul?

You won't even see a "package."

It's "tucked."
FKA Reader

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

BTW--the article (or one of them) had at the bottom a tagline about how the Macy's parade was becoming a hotbed of transexualism. Why? Well, when you follow the link, you discover that it was because the character of Edna Turnblad from Hairspray on Broadway (played by Harvey Fierstein on Broadway, but John Travolta in the movie) was in the parade in 2003 dressed as Mrs. Claus on a float.
Neither fish nor fowl

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I rarely agree with you, but on this one I'm shaking my head with you.
The worst thing I can try on is a bathing suit, I don't know many women that relish finding a new suit. Of course I take hubby, I need his opinion. He doesn't come in the dressing room with me; I have to walk my ass out of the dressing room, for all shoppers to see and judge me, so I can get his opinion. This is just wrong-o.
What's to say that he really isn't some perv trying to sneak a peek and posing.
The worst thing I can try on is a bathing suit, I don't know many women that relish finding a new suit. Of course I take hubby, I need his opinion.

So you can't make this decision yourself? I thought you were more "empowered" than that.

I have to walk my ass out of the dressing room, for all shoppers to see and judge me, so I can get his opinion.

Typical Exhibitionist excuse!(Because you enjoy all the attention)
You sound like a frustrated wannabe stripper.
GlitterSucks

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Judged:

Labia Majora wrote:
<quoted text>
I would mind my own business too, i.e. I wouldn't complain to management. The continual stories of how far people are trying to cross the line is getting old.

If you work at Target, ring up pork, it's your job. If you have a penis, go to the dressing room marked "men" and bring your dress with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of316
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hillary for President 17 min Pale Rider 16
Dinner with Michelle or golf with Barack? 54 min TonyD2 13
BundyFest 2014 59 min TonyD2 5
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 1 hr TonyD2 329
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 4 hr Student of PCA 2,009
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 5 hr ajd 2,670
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr xxxrayted 25,369
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance