Tim Oldfield - Potter's House Church of God

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wilderness Voice

Farmington, MI

#1 Sep 7, 2013
Many believe that a man's ability to quote scripture indicates his devotion to God. Let's remember that Satan was able to quote (miss-quote) scriptures when Jesus was tempted for 40 days. I have heard Tim Oldfield teach false doctrine. I have heard him teach the teachings of Benny Hinn and other teachers who belong to the charismatic movement of the last 30 years.

The main teaching used is the doctrine of Jesus, after his death on the cross, becoming a lost soul in Hell and in need of redemption. They teach that Jesus fought Satan in Hell and took back the keys to death, Hell and the grave. Any student of the Bible will know that Satan has not spent one moment in Hell since his exile from Heaven. He was cast down to the earth and the Bible states the Devil has been on the earth, not Hell, ever since that time. This is an example of Tim Oldfield teaching false doctrine although he is capable of quoting many scriptures.

Teaching Jesus became a sinner in need of redemption changes ďthe glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man.Ē(Romans 1:23)

Jesus was God and was not capable of sinning. This was proved while being tempted of Satan for 40 days. This was proved as he fulfilled the Old Testament as He was dying on the cross. The result of teaching Jesus became a lost sinner in need of salvation are many mega-churches that have to restrictions or respect for the sanctuary that was made for God. Our sanctuaries should have the same respect and reverence as those built by Moses after he led the chosen people out of Egypt.

The sanctuaries in the mega-churches allow you to come in, not in your best before God, but in anything type of apparel that YOU feel comfortable wearing. Letís look at the apparel God required of his priest in Exodus and Deuteronomy. Letís look at the reverence God expects from His people toward Him. Does He require you to come in shorts and sandals? Does HE feel itís okay to drink coffee in His sanctuary?

A thorough study of His Word will show you that God has requirements. Shame on Tim Oldfield and the many other teachers who have studied Godís Word but have decided to show THEIR interpretation in order to fill the seats in THEIR churches. What good is a large church, filled to capacity, if it is not teaching Bible truths?
Reynoldsburger No Onion

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Sep 7, 2013
Benny Hinn?

I prefer Benihana @ Polaris!!
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#3 Sep 7, 2013
Wilderness Voice wrote:
Many believe that a man's ability to quote scripture indicates his devotion to God. Let's remember that Satan was able to quote (miss-quote) scriptures when Jesus was tempted for 40 days. I have heard Tim Oldfield teach false doctrine. I have heard him teach the teachings of Benny Hinn and other teachers who belong to the charismatic movement of the last 30 years.
The main teaching used is the doctrine of Jesus, after his death on the cross, becoming a lost soul in Hell and in need of redemption. They teach that Jesus fought Satan in Hell and took back the keys to death, Hell and the grave. Any student of the Bible will know that Satan has not spent one moment in Hell since his exile from Heaven. He was cast down to the earth and the Bible states the Devil has been on the earth, not Hell, ever since that time. This is an example of Tim Oldfield teaching false doctrine although he is capable of quoting many scriptures.
Teaching Jesus became a sinner in need of redemption changes ďthe glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man.Ē(Romans 1:23)
Jesus was God and was not capable of sinning. This was proved while being tempted of Satan for 40 days. This was proved as he fulfilled the Old Testament as He was dying on the cross. The result of teaching Jesus became a lost sinner in need of salvation are many mega-churches that have to restrictions or respect for the sanctuary that was made for God. Our sanctuaries should have the same respect and reverence as those built by Moses after he led the chosen people out of Egypt.
The sanctuaries in the mega-churches allow you to come in, not in your best before God, but in anything type of apparel that YOU feel comfortable wearing. Letís look at the apparel God required of his priest in Exodus and Deuteronomy. Letís look at the reverence God expects from His people toward Him. Does He require you to come in shorts and sandals? Does HE feel itís okay to drink coffee in His sanctuary?
A thorough study of His Word will show you that God has requirements. Shame on Tim Oldfield and the many other teachers who have studied Godís Word but have decided to show THEIR interpretation in order to fill the seats in THEIR churches. What good is a large church, filled to capacity, if it is not teaching Bible truths?
I hold on to my wallet when I drive by one of those mega-church complexes.
mmm hmmm

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 7, 2013
My husband and I went there several times years ago. One time while we were there they didn't pass the collection plate, they passed a bucket! then they went into a room and counted the money and came back out and said they didn't get enough money, then they passed the BUCKET again! My husband looked at me and said 'let's get the hell out of here'. We never did go back.

I believe a lot of these mega church's are a racket. Look at what they drive and own and how they dress, it's a pretty good indication of where the money is going. You have to be very careful in choosing a church there are many wolves in sheep's clothing. Jesus wore a simple garment and sandals and didn't charge anyone, he didn't pass the BUCKET or collection plate.
Mister - Mister

United States

#5 Sep 7, 2013
Tim Oldfield employs his entire family through that church and people, who have little, go there and give up their money so the Oldfields don't have to work; Tim, Becky and their children. None of them have to work a real job like all of us.
Reynoldsburger No Onion

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 Sep 7, 2013
Mister - Mister wrote:
Tim Oldfield employs his entire family through that church and people, who have little, go there and give up their money so the Oldfields don't have to work; Tim, Becky and their children. None of them have to work a real job like all of us.
waah... start your own church... or government.
mmm hmmm

Columbus, OH

#7 Sep 7, 2013
Mister - Mister wrote:
they used to send out letters to the congregation reminding them of family members(their family's) birthday's and such in case you wanted to send them a birthday present or Christmas present...as if the BUCKET wasn't enough. I won't tell you what my husband said.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#8 Sep 7, 2013
mmm hmmm wrote:
<quoted text> they used to send out letters to the congregation reminding them of family members(their family's) birthday's and such in case you wanted to send them a birthday present or Christmas present...as if the BUCKET wasn't enough. I won't tell you what my husband said.
They sure seem like Rock'n Rod Parsley.
Your funny

Osprey, FL

#9 Nov 23, 2013
Wilderness Voice wrote:
So how many churches have you pastored??? I have been around Oldfield and he is who he says he is.... Period it's sad that you would have to post online to get your voice heard. Try preaching and see what comes against you
tam0105

Columbus, OH

#10 Dec 18, 2013
A lot of these comments are opinions and not the truth. I have been a member of a very small church and a very large church, the Potters house is not about NUMBERS! It's truly a place where broken vessels are made new. Haters gonna hate, so Pastor Tim Oldfield is obviously doing something right. Those that truly know Jesus will all be together in Heaven one day. Why talk bad about people especially a man of God.
Larry

United States

#11 Dec 31, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
I hold on to my wallet when I drive by one of those mega-church complexes.
I go to the potters house and your comments couldn't be farther than the truth. Pastor Oldfield is not a false teacher you have taken his comments out of content and the story about passing the offering twice did not happen.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#12 Jan 1, 2014
Churches are where zombies who want an emotional high and to be indoctrinated with a false Roman created deity. There was no historical Jesus, in fact, that name didn't even exist until 400 years ago! The NT was written in GREEK! When did the Jews ever speak Greek in Judea? You stupid Christians are too brainwashed and frightened to research outside of your "doctrines" to learn the truth. Jesus DID NOT exist, no walking on water, no walking in a desert for 40 days without water or food, no division of two fish to feed 5,000 people! Are you people that docile, I guess you are, because you're waiting on a Allegorical figure to come save you from your sins that you commit 6 1/2 days a week. I said six and a half became you only are partially" holy" a half a day on Sunday.

Outside of the four gospels and the false Apostle Paul's books, THERE IS NO HISTORICAL EVIDENCE of a man name Jesus in ANY writtings of the 1,2,3,4,5th centuries. Not until the King James bible from 1604-1611, is there a mention of a Jesus. Prove me wrong!

Churches are RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS, who have doctrinal statements of what each INDIVIDUAL CHURCH will teach and what they will not teach, in their Pulpits! Prove it wrong! Everyone who's become a member of a church gets a booklet of what DOCTRINAL TEACHINGS they're going to receive and a church statement! Prove me wrong!

All of your money is going to SUPPORT THE PASTOR, BISHOP, PREACHER and their staff and families...period! The rest is for bills, mortgage on the building, etc. Prove me wrong!
Churches are Religious Corporations! There will be NO RAPTURE, OR NO RETURN IN THE CLOUDS.
THE SUN is what is really what the church is worshipping Son/ Sun

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/jesussu...
the happy gardener

Dublin, OH

#13 Jan 22, 2014
Mister - Mister wrote:
The Potter's House is nothing more than a religious ponsi scheme. Tim Oldfield builds up his corporate church impire by appointing young "leaders" into positions of authority, empowering them with a false sense of spirituality as they "walk into their destiny". All these subgroups under him push him up higher and higher. Tim Oldfield could care less about what doctrine these misfit self annointed leaders are teaching.
Jeremy

Columbus, OH

#14 Feb 16, 2014
"mmm hmm" speaks partial truths. We have gotten letters in the mail for Pastor Appreciation month and/or Christmas from the elder board. To my knowledge, Pastor Oldfield hasn't requested this or even had any foreknowledge. If you don't want to give...then don't!

However, the second offering story is a complete farce. That NEVER happened. I''ve heard this same story floating around in other church circles as well. Pure lies.

It's not about the money there. I've only heard him preach one series on tithing the whole time I've attended the church.

"Haters gon' hate". Oh well! I love my church. And Pastor and Becky Oldfield are as genuine as they come.

If you disagree...feel free to look up their home on the Franklin County Auditor's webpage. Then compare it to Rod Parsley's home.

Who's really in this for the money?
Melchizidek

Columbus, OH

#15 Feb 16, 2014
Jeremy wrote:
"mmm hmm" speaks partial truths. We have gotten letters in the mail for Pastor Appreciation month and/or Christmas from the elder board. To my knowledge, Pastor Oldfield hasn't requested this or even had any foreknowledge. If you don't want to give...then don't!

However, the second offering story is a complete farce. That NEVER happened. I''ve heard this same story floating around in other church circles as well. Pure lies.

It's not about the money there. I've only heard him preach one series on tithing the whole time I've attended the church.

"Haters gon' hate". Oh well! I love my church. And Pastor and Becky Oldfield are as genuine as they come.

If you disagree...feel free to look up their home on the Franklin County Auditor's webpage. Then compare it to Rod Parsley's home.

Who's really in this for the money?
All churches are about money. Don't be naive.
Jeremy

Columbus, OH

#16 Feb 16, 2014
Melchizidek wrote:
<quoted text>
All churches are about money. Don't be naive.
Golly...you must be a busy person to have been to EVERY church! Wish I had the time!
Melchezidek

United States

#17 Feb 17, 2014
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>Golly...you must be a busy person to have been to EVERY church! Wish I had the time!
There you go. Trying to be funny to cover for your sheep mentality. A slave to the dogma of mega money factories. False preachers stand before you and fleece you and you don't even know it.
For your enjoyment

Columbus, OH

#18 Feb 17, 2014
Misty__J

Columbus, OH

#19 Apr 24, 2014
I am sick to my stomach!!

Stumbled on this accidentally. This is MY pastor you are talking about and his precious family. BUT, more than that they are children of God!

Shame on you!

The offering bucket never, EVER, EVER happened!
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#20 Apr 24, 2014
Misty__J wrote:
I am sick to my stomach!!
Stumbled on this accidentally. This is MY pastor you are talking about and his precious family. BUT, more than that they are children of God!
Shame on you!
The offering bucket never, EVER, EVER happened!
Your one never and two evers make me think otherwise. But it doesn't matter. You're not Roman Catholic so you're wasting you time, breath and money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Male 4,586
Catman Dave how are the Cats and everyone eles'... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 5
WTVN Radio Legend Bob Conners Dies 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr Nice Try 2,517
Ronald Reagan gave blanket amnesty to 3 million... 2 hr d pantz 24
impeachment 2 hr d pantz 70
Grade changer pleads to felony in Columbus scho... 3 hr They cannot kill ... 4
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News