What's in YOUR recipe box for Fall?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#44 Oct 8, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Potato soup sounds delicious, especially this time of the year.
As soon as it gets cooler, my thoughts go to comfort foods, reading and crocheting.
What,kind of Potato do you use and you bake whole first.
Sounds yummy
Yep, bake whole then cut up into chunks of preferred size. Usually just an Idaho spud. Frou-frou fingerling potatoes and the like are usually slimy. LOL

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

Since: Apr 10

IS APPALLING!

#45 Oct 8, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, bake whole then cut up into chunks of preferred size. Usually just an Idaho spud. Frou-frou fingerling potatoes and the like are usually slimy. LOL
Do you use milk, or half and half!?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#46 Oct 8, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you use milk, or half and half!?
2% milk. Gotta watch that fat and cholesterol!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#47 Oct 8, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
2% milk. Gotta watch that fat and cholesterol!
Real cream. Real butter. No substitutes.
Eat what you like and die like a man.

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

Since: Apr 10

IS APPALLING!

#48 Oct 8, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
2% milk. Gotta watch that fat and cholesterol!
Yes! I just had that checked...mine was 188 with Lipitor. I'm not a medicine person but that and my BP med is all I take.
Thanks

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#49 Oct 8, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Real cream. Real butter. No substitutes.
Eat what you like and die like a man.
Mrs. rowdy says she wants me around for a bit longer. Gotta keep her happy!
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#50 Oct 8, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, spook!
Believe it or not, I went deer hunting once... Rifle.....couldn't do it......poor Bambi!
Loved skeet shooting. I was pretty good too. Lol
Do you take the deer to a butcher or do it yourself?
Do it all myself. I have a cooler room with the equipment. Don't lke to have deer processed by anyone but us.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#51 Oct 8, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Real cream. Real butter. No substitutes.
Eat what you like and die like a man.
Real butter is better than that fake crap. Even birds are smart enough not to that shit

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#52 Oct 8, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! I just had that checked...mine was 188 with Lipitor. I'm not a medicine person but that and my BP med is all I take.
Thanks
About 15 years ago, I had a CBC done, found out my cholesterol was 311. I made an appointment with my family doc to start getting it under control. Surprise, surprise, I never made it to that appointment, instead taking a helicopter ride to Drs. North.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#53 Oct 8, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
About 15 years ago, I had a CBC done, found out my cholesterol was 311. I made an appointment with my family doc to start getting it under control. Surprise, surprise, I never made it to that appointment, instead taking a helicopter ride to Drs. North.
Didn't they say walking would be better for your heart health?
Just kidding...glad you pulled through.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#54 Oct 8, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Real cream. Real butter. No substitutes.
Eat what you like and die like a man.
And fry everything in either lard or bacon grease.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#55 Oct 8, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
And fry everything in either lard or bacon grease.
...retaining some bacon grease for your hollow points.
animal control

Marengo, OH

#56 Oct 8, 2013
my apples r purtey awesome diss year, have a crate ovim' in the fridge and I EAT 1 a day...some cider also (available @ aldi 4 only $2.99gal)

did my veg/bean/beef gumbo diss mornin', burnt my tounge a littl'

next month, i'll start doin' turkey stuff...like turkey and dirty rice...turkey shred sandwich's..

then in December I do my salt cured ham creations

no charge

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#57 Oct 8, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't they say walking would be better for your heart health?
Just kidding...glad you pulled through.
I went through this sh!t twice. Two episodes, four heart caths and five stents later we were able to settle on a routine of meds. I have runaway cholesterol that isn't controlled well by medication. But enough about me, what are your numbers? Not bitching at you, just don't want anyone else to go through what I did.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#58 Oct 8, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I went through this sh!t twice. Two episodes, four heart caths and five stents later we were able to settle on a routine of meds. I have runaway cholesterol that isn't controlled well by medication. But enough about me, what are your numbers? Not bitching at you, just don't want anyone else to go through what I did.
I know others who have experienced the same.
Neither diet nor meds are enough. Stinks.

I have no idea what my numbers are, as I only get to the doctor about once every 7 years or so -- has to be a pretty bad case of poison ivy or pneumonia to get me there.

Now that Obamacare has arrived, I do not expect to go at all.

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

Since: Apr 10

IS APPALLING!

#59 Oct 8, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
About 15 years ago, I had a CBC done, found out my cholesterol was 311. I made an appointment with my family doc to start getting it under control. Surprise, surprise, I never made it to that appointment, instead taking a helicopter ride to Drs. North.
OMG! You really need to watch. So happy you're stabilized now!=~}
Getting on the right meds sometimes takes a while.

Well, I had a count of 385 ....I manufacture cholesterol and to get it to 188, I watch carbs big time, and just taste the fattening stuff, like desserts etc. I don't eat a lot of red meat.
It's hell getting old, isn't it! Lol
Just make it a day to day thing....everyday is a gift!
There is one thing though...I use real butter and once or twice a year, real whipping cream.
That's a treat!

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

Since: Apr 10

IS APPALLING!

#60 Oct 8, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Do it all myself. I have a cooler room with the equipment. Don't lke to have deer processed by anyone but us.
Did you ever get a deer with a rack?
What do you do (I hate to ask this) with the skin/fur?
Can't say I don't blame you for wanting to do it yourself. You get to keep everything.
I'm impressed Spook!

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

Since: Apr 10

IS APPALLING!

#61 Oct 8, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I know others who have experienced the same.
Neither diet nor meds are enough. Stinks.
I have no idea what my numbers are, as I only get to the doctor about once every 7 years or so -- has to be a pretty bad case of poison ivy or pneumonia to get me there.
Now that Obamacare has arrived, I do not expect to go at all.
Not good, tip!
Although I have to say, I have to be laid up bad to consider going!
LOL
Worse for me....the dreaded DENTIST!
I nearly rip the arms off the chair.....lol
When I was a little girl! the drill slipped and made a hole under my tongue....that about did it for me for life.
U g h

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#62 Oct 8, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! You really need to watch. So happy you're stabilized now!=~}
Getting on the right meds sometimes takes a while.
Well, I had a count of 385 ....I manufacture cholesterol and to get it to 188, I watch carbs big time, and just taste the fattening stuff, like desserts etc. I don't eat a lot of red meat.
It's hell getting old, isn't it! Lol
Just make it a day to day thing....everyday is a gift!
There is one thing though...I use real butter and once or twice a year, real whipping cream.
That's a treat!
LOL yes it is hell! Mrs. rowdy had some half and half left over from a recipe a couple of weeks ago. I added it to my daily home made iced mocha just to use it up. It was like trying to drink paint or something. Yuck!

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

Since: Apr 10

IS APPALLING!

#63 Oct 8, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. rowdy says she wants me around for a bit longer. Gotta keep her happy!
Just shopped and made beef soup! Yummers!!!!!
When making soups and or stews, do you skim the fat out? I always put it in frig and it congeals and is easier to scoop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White students disproportionately use Ohio scho... 25 min Kentucky Fried Ch... 14
No Life, But Topix. 2 hr d pants 29
News Lobbyist pleads guilty to federal corruption ch... (Dec '13) 3 hr Federal Contractor 63
News Bob Evans tests investors' patience as sales co... 3 hr safesnoun 14
Joe Speakman is a meth head 4 hr Jtr 1
Should the GOP cut its loses? 6 hr MarkJ- 986
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 6 hr Former Xenoid 1,360

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages