Smoking ban to go before Ohio Supreme Court

Apr 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Business First of Columbus

The Ohio Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to hear a Columbus-based case that challenges the constitutionality of the state's indoor smoking ban, the Dayton Daily News reports .

Comments
21,221 - 21,240 of 21,309 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2013
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is plenty of water here.
As Fibber McGee used to say: "That's pretty good, Johnny, but that ain't the way I heard it!"

"April 16, 2013 12:00 am • Tony Davis Arizona Daily Star

Another year of very low precipitation and snowpack in the Rocky Mountains has spurred another year of low runoff on the Colorado River - the 10th such year out of the past 14.

The low runoff means the Central Arizona Project - which provides Tucson drinking water - has a 35 percent chance of experiencing its first water shortage in history in 2016, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation officials say.

For 2013, April-July runoff into Lake Powell at the Utah border is expected to be 38 percent of normal. That would be the fourth- lowest such total since the gates on Powell closed in 1964, says the Colorado River Basin Forecast Center of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration."

http://azstarnet.com/news/science/environment...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

"...a mounting array of studies suggests that deepening drought will in coming decades drain the enormous reservoirs on the Colorado River that provide water for some 30 million people in the region.

Projected global warming trends will likely mean that in the long-term water users in seven western states can count on only 40 percent of the water in the Colorado River Basin. However, the region currently uses about 76 percent of the water in the system each year — roughly double the sustainable benchmark, according to a study by Arizona State University School of Life Sciences associate professor John Sabo, who also serves as director of research development in ASU’s Global Institute of Sustainability."

http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2012/sep/21...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you going to get Martin Luther King to help you with your cause? Guess what slappy.... Your cause is as dead as he is. Matter of fact, not only is it dead, it is old news and it has decayed.
Move along slap nuts.
it is far from over, and wimps like you easy to smash.
when people grow a pair, they throw you in the trash where you belong.
keep pushing..........you will be pushed off a cliff.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
When I read your posts, I have a decision to make. Are you on drugs, or are your parents brother and sister?
keep laughing.....others have decisions to make as well.

and I guarantee there is not a thing you can do about it but run your mouth.

action shuts your mouth.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
ever heard of losing a battle, but winning the war?
your loss is very near.
So, what does "near" mean to you? Within a year? Within 10 years? I don't see the smoking bans going away --- they seem to be expanding. The only thing that might change that is if large numbers of people started smoking again, and that seems very unlikely.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what does "near" mean to you? Within a year? Within 10 years? I don't see the smoking bans going away --- they seem to be expanding. The only thing that might change that is if large numbers of people started smoking again, and that seems very unlikely.
when you tell the owner of a building running a business they must ban customers, the owners may start banning those that attempt to enforce it.
Mr Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
when you tell the owner of a building running a business they must ban customers, the owners may start banning those that attempt to enforce it.
This is exactly the kind of thing that supports that article posted a while back that said smoking causes brain damage. It is obvious you are a heavy smoker. I seem to remember you talking out of your a&& a while back that you were going to the auto show and buying a new Corvette (paying cash none the less) directly to GM, and bypassing the dealer. I am sorry to inform you slappy, but your lies are just too far fetched. You can not see it, but everyone (with the possible exception of that other brain dead bafoon AssMac) can see it.
NEWSFLASH Slappy.... Owners can not ban a class of PEOPLE. That happened in the 40s and 50s. They **CAN** However ban actions of people. Let me break it down so even someone with your mental (in)capacity can understand.
A doctor can eat wherever he wants as long as he is not examining patients on the tables and bothering other people.
A drill Sargent can eat wherever he wants as long as he is not yelling orders at the staff or other patrons and bothering other people.
a band can eat wherever they want as long as they are not playing their instruments and bothering other people.
A nudist is allowed in to any restaurant he/she chooses, as long he/she is not nude and bothering other people.
A prostitute is allowed in any restaurant she want's provided she is not turning tricks on the table and bothering other people.
A minister is allowed in any restaurant he wishes, providing he does not get up and start preaching and bothering other people.
An alcoholic is allowed in any restaurant he wishes, as long as he is not drunk and bothering other people.
Andrew Dice Clay is allowed in any restaurant he chooses, as long as he is not using the language he uses on stage and bothering other people.
A Klansman is welcome is free to go in any restaurant they want, as long as they are not in a robe, and burning a cross and bothering other people.
A Basketball team can go into any restaurant they choose, as long as they do not throw a basketball around and act like fools and bothering other people.
A hunter can go into any restaurant he chooses as long as he does not use the saucers for skeet shooting and bothering other people.
A zoo keeper can go into any restaurant they choose as long as they do not bring their animals in and bothering other people.
A disc jockey can eat wherever he/she chooses, as they are not spinning records inside the restaurant and bothering other people.
A doctor can eat wherever he wants as long as he is not examining patients on the tables and bothering other people.
And guess what Slappy..... You are no different than anyone else. You (and your boyfriend AssMac) are allowed to eat at any restaurant you choose, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT SMOKE and bother other people.
Good thing restaurants do not ban gays, idiots, inbreeds, cry babies and whiners. You a holes would have NOWHERE to eat!!!
Sorry Hoss, but as usual, you made a fool of yourself when you opened your mouth. But please... Keep going. We love it when you cry babies bend over backwards to keep us entertained... FOR FREE!!!!
Mr Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

So funny how smokers like AssHAt and that other idiot Reality Rolls Over makes fools of themselves and they can not see it, when the rest of the forum is getting free comedy. I know it is not fun to laugh at the mentally challenged, but I'm sorry.... They are just too funny. AssHat does not even realize the Constitution is spelled with a capital C!!! Yet he yells that everybody else knows nothing about it!!!! How funny is that!!!

Then you have that other idiot in Hagerstown Md, who isn't funny, he is just down right stupid.
Jerryisafairy

Boonsboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Ms Jerry wrote:
So funny how smokers like AssHAt and that other idiot Reality Rolls Over makes fools of themselves and they can not see it, when the rest of the forum is getting free comedy. I know it is not fun to laugh at the mentally challenged, but I'm sorry.... They are just too funny. AssHat does not even realize the Constitution is spelled with a capital C!!! Yet he yells that everybody else knows nothing about it!!!! How funny is that!!!
Then you have that other idiot in Hagerstown Md, who isn't funny, he is just down right stupid.
Once again Jerry points out that he is a mental midget.
JerryTakesExLax

Boonsboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

For Constitution!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mr Jerry wrote:
what is so funny, is your stupidity and lack of education will be your end.

Remember your 1st grade history lessons, and how the USA was formed.

What folks ran from back in the day, is 5 times worse today here in the USA.

what is funny is the size of the bullseye on your forehead.

your screaming little whiney azz is comedy at it's finest.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

ONCE AGAIN a smoker makes a total fool of himself!! TOO EASY!!!!!! I did not have to say a word!!! He did it on his own. I proved ONCE AGAIN that smokers think they have all the answers, but do not even know the question! TOO EASY!! Reality Speaks MY A%%!!!!! And they urinate in their panties when I post a link saying smoking causes brain damage!!!!
You have North Olmsted, confused with North RANDALL Jackazz!!! You have RANDALL PARK MALL confused with GREAT NORTHERN MALL JAckazz!!!
Great Northern was NEVER touted to be the largest mall in the world dummy.
Great Northern Mall (N. Olmsted, Ohio):
*HISTORY*
Originally, a small shopping center was opened by Saul Biskind in 1957 on what was a field of strawberries. A freestanding May Company Ohio store built to the East of the original plaza in the mid-1960s. The plaza contained a Sears (west end), Woolworths (center west), and a grocery store (east end) along with other stores. The mall was built attached to East end of the May Company building with J. C. Penney and Sears in 1976. The 1980s saw the opening of the Plaza South attached to the original strip (now renamed the Plaza), the 1986 addition of the award-winning South Court to the mall and the construction of two mid-level hotels, and several office facilities such as Corporate Center and Technology Park. These all served to feed customers into the Mall and Plazas--along with the strategic location at Lorain Avenue, Brookpark Road and Great Northern Boulevard next to the Interstate 480 freeway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westfield_Great_...
Randall Park Mall (North Randall, Ohio)
*HISTORY*
DeBartolo envisioned Randall Park as a "City within a City," with the mall, boasting 200 shops, three 14-story apartments, two 20-story office buildings and a performing arts center (intended to compete with the Front Row Theater). At the time of its opening, it was the "world's largest shopping center," although the title was short-lived. The mall's architect, Frank DeBartolo (Edward's younger brother), opened the mall with actress Dina Merrill in 1976. At the time of its opening, North Randall's population was 1,500 and the mall's employee population was 5,000.[2] The original department store anchors were Sears, JCPenney, May Company, Higbee's, and Horne's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Park_Mal...
Great Northern LOCATED IN NORTH OLMSTED is doing just fine thank you, and is a lot bigger now than it was 30 years ago. Randall Park Mall on the TOTALLY OPPOSITE SIDE OF TOWN, on the other hand, is not doing so good as it has since closed. What Anchor stores does Great Northern have currently??
Macy's (228,554 sq ft.)
Dillard's (214,653 sq ft.)
Sears (179,624 sq ft.)
J. C. Penney (165,428 sq ft.)
Dick's Sporting Goods (84,000 sq ft.)
By the way dummy.... N. Olmsted is in the far WEST suburbs of Cleveland. Randall Park Mall is in the far EAST suburbs of Cleveland. luckily there is a highway that connects the two, so it is pretty easy to get from one to the other, but even with the highway, they are 20.5 MILES APART.
So lets recap..... You made a complete fool out of yourself ONCE AGAIN, just like you are your boyfriend AssMac *LOVE* to do. What does Columbus have going for it??
"Move Over San Fran And NYC! Why Is Columbus Becoming America’s #1 Gay City?"
http://www.queerty.com/move-over-san-fran-and...
Did you have fun at the pride parade the weekend before the one that just past? I am sure you did.
To quote the words of the great Abraham Lincoln:
"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt".
As I stated in an earlier post, when I read your posts, I need to make a decision.... Are you on drugs, or are your parents brother and sister?
After reading your post, and watching you jump through hoops ONCE AGAIN to make a fool of yourself, I have to say both. But please. Do not let that stop you.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

I love the free entertainment you idiots provide. Please, keep it coming!
Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

BTW... Good job dummy!! Better tell your boyfriend to get his facts straight before he gives you false information to post on the internet.

You can also let your little boyfriend AssMac know that we have more bars and restaurants now, than we did 30 years ago, or even TEN years ago, shortly before the ban started.

Sorry to break your heart Shirley Temple. I hate to see a grown woman cry, even if she was born a man.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
what is so funny, is your stupidity and lack of education will be your end.
Ummm..... You were saying???
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
BTW... Good job dummy!! Better tell your boyfriend to get his facts straight before he gives you false information to post on the internet.
You can also let your little boyfriend AssMac know that we have more bars and restaurants now, than we did 30 years ago, or even TEN years ago, shortly before the ban started.
Sorry to break your heart Shirley Temple. I hate to see a grown woman cry, even if she was born a man.
sorry to burst your fantasy........

your city had the largest evacuation of population in the country.

please see the census as fact check.

so if all this new development has taken place, why have property values in Cleveland dropped more than anywhere else in Ohio except Youngstown?

need a fact check?

Please ask for one!
Lord Jerry Manning

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry to burst your fantasy........
your city had the largest evacuation of population in the country.
please see the census as fact check.
so if all this new development has taken place, why have property values in Cleveland dropped more than anywhere else in Ohio except Youngstown?
need a fact check?
Please ask for one!
Oh, now the little bitch has to change the subject because I made him look like a fool. Stay on the subject jackass. Get your tail out from between your legs. Quit hiding behind Mommy Assmac's skirt. You ran your mouth when you THOUGHT you were right, and just like mommy AssMAc, always change the subject when you get proven wrong.
Write 100 times, I was wrong, and I will not continue to spread false information on the internet, Mr. Manning SIR!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Lord Jerry Manning wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now the little bitch has to change the subject because I made him look like a fool. Stay on the subject jackass. Get your tail out from between your legs. Quit hiding behind Mommy Assmac's skirt. You ran your mouth when you THOUGHT you were right, and just like mommy AssMAc, always change the subject when you get proven wrong.
Write 100 times, I was wrong, and I will not continue to spread false information on the internet, Mr. Manning SIR!
does your fantasy include bubbles and cotton candy?

you are lord of the tattletale whiners brigade.

all your toy solders are special forces generals who are at your command.

your largest accomplishment in life is crying wolf, and someone listened.

is your girlfriend made by Firestone, or a Walmart chinese factory?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Lord Jerry Manning wrote:
<quoted text>
you are lord of the septic tank.
the subject is civil liberty.
you have been off topic for over 20,000 posts.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Again.... Avoiding the subject when you are backed into a corner and proven wrong, but ran your mouth like a $2 street walker when you THOUGHT you were right. Smokers are too funny. Big, dumb, inbreed idiots. Give them a rope, they will first try to smoke it, when they find out they can't, they will hang themselves with it.

Sorry dummy... Just like with the smoking ban, You lose. Well, I am at the Heathrow Airport, and I have a plane to board in 15 minutes. Such a shame, as I would love to see what kind of hole you will dig yourself into next. Oh well. Long flight ahead, but at least I can rest easy knowing that I made a fool of you, and you are back pedaling and avoiding the subject the way your kind always do. AssMac taught you well. Don't forget, I expect your writing assignment when I land. Dummy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus