Smoking ban to go before Ohio Supreme Court

Apr 8, 2011 Full story: Business First of Columbus 21,302

The Ohio Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to hear a Columbus-based case that challenges the constitutionality of the state's indoor smoking ban, the Dayton Daily News reports .

Full Story
Mr Manning

Westlake, OH

#24022 Jun 27, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
As a smoker for over 55 years I am still healthy. In fact most of the smokers I know are healthy, wish I could say the same for the non smokers.
Just curious.... How is Linda doing?
Mr Manning

Westlake, OH

#24023 Jun 27, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
No Smoking does not cause brain damage or many of the other things the drug companies say it does.
Will you please list your credentials that make you an expert on the subject? I am sorry, but I will trust a medical professional over a drug addicted junky ANY DAY.

You are the kind of idiot that would take his car to a Sushi Chef for an oil change if you think you would save a few bucks.

BTW.... I called you out on you saying you are not required by law to have a drivers license, that they were nu-Constitutional, yet YOU STILL HAVE ONE. Whenever you get backed against the wall, you pretend like you never said something when you get proven wrong. Remember 'I was injured in Nam'??? Remember 'Vic 20 was the first computer'???? All you do is talk what comes out of your dog's amd Nancy's a@@ and have NEVER ONCE backed up what you said. You just spew feces, and pretend like you never said it. GO ahead, ignore it again, and show the world what an idiot you are. Sorry mommy was too bust entertaining when you were young and never gave you any attention. Pretty sad, old ass man seeking attention on the internet because he did not get it as a kid. Speaking of which... He never got it as an adult either!
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24024 Jun 27, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how are YOU getting ready?
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow your own garden for one thing, be well armed and stock food an water. I live in Arizona and most in my area are preparing for our country to collapse.
If society is truly going to break down, maybe it would be a good idea for you and your neighbors to move out of the desert. The Southwest depends on receiving water from other parts of the country. If they decide to turn off the tap, your garden will die.
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
NASA says we can be hit with a solar flare like what happen in the 1800s. That would knock out all electrical. Also any country can knock out our electrical with an EMP attack.
Without electricity to run your air conditioning, most of Arizona will be very unpleasant in the summer months.(The high for Phoenix tomorrow is forecast to be 118 degrees.)
Frisbee

Renton, WA

#24027 Jun 28, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
I think this is because the opponents of smoking bans have mostly given up that fight, and moved on to new issues.
The losers lost, as they are wont to do. Most have whined themselves out.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24028 Jun 29, 2013
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>The losers lost, as they are wont to do. Most have whined themselves out.
they are stockpiling ammo instead of wasting their time talking anymore.

ever heard of losing a battle, but winning the war?

your loss is very near. 70% of the American population is done with this political BS.

you don't want to smoke.....great.

someone does.....great.

if a business posts smoking is permitted, then you have a decision to make.

there is no argument.

smoking bans are against my civil right.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24029 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>

your loss is very near.
When do you think we'll see some evidence of that? When the Ohio Supreme Court decided that the smoking ban was legal, that was the final nail in the coffin.

80% of Ohio residents don't smoke. How will you ever get a coalition of more than 50% to overturn the bans?

Even Kentucky is going for smoking bans in the metro areas now, and they are the smokiest state in the nation.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24030 Jun 29, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you think we'll see some evidence of that? When the Ohio Supreme Court decided that the smoking ban was legal, that was the final nail in the coffin.
80% of Ohio residents don't smoke. How will you ever get a coalition of more than 50% to overturn the bans?
Even Kentucky is going for smoking bans in the metro areas now, and they are the smokiest state in the nation.
a long line of civil right violations.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#24032 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Shitz wrote:
<quoted text>
a long line of civil right violations.
So are you going to get Martin Luther King to help you with your cause? Guess what slappy.... Your cause is as dead as he is. Matter of fact, not only is it dead, it is old news and it has decayed.

Move along slap nuts.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#24033 Jun 29, 2013
BTW... We know you can speak, but can you roll over, and play dead too?
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#24034 Jun 29, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
they are stockpiling ammo instead of wasting their time talking anymore.
your loss is very near. 70% of the American population is done with this political BS.
you don't want to smoke.....great.
someone does.....great.
if a business posts smoking is permitted, then you have a decision to make.
there is no argument.
smoking bans are against my civil right.
When I read your posts, I have a decision to make. Are you on drugs, or are your parents brother and sister?
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24035 Jun 29, 2013
Mr Manning wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you please list your credentials that make you an expert on the subject? I am sorry, but I will trust a medical professional over a drug addicted junky ANY DAY.
You are the kind of idiot that would take his car to a Sushi Chef for an oil change if you think you would save a few bucks.
BTW.... I called you out on you saying you are not required by law to have a drivers license, that they were nu-Constitutional, yet YOU STILL HAVE ONE. Whenever you get backed against the wall, you pretend like you never said something when you get proven wrong. Remember 'I was injured in Nam'??? Remember 'Vic 20 was the first computer'???? All you do is talk what comes out of your dog's amd Nancy's a@@ and have NEVER ONCE backed up what you said. You just spew feces, and pretend like you never said it. GO ahead, ignore it again, and show the world what an idiot you are. Sorry mommy was too bust entertaining when you were young and never gave you any attention. Pretty sad, old ass man seeking attention on the internet because he did not get it as a kid. Speaking of which... He never got it as an adult either!
Your first line that you trust your medical professional says you haven't a clue of what is going on. We have a very good doctor here that has changed the way he thinks because of all the tests he has run to show what they are telling him is wrong. My expertise comes from many years of experience and keeping my mind, ears and eyes open. Using common sense which most people no longer have. Why I am healthy and most people aren't. I have see very little disease when most people smoked and a lot of disease when most do not smoke. I see our food, water and air being poisoned by our government. 80% of package foods in the stores has poison in them. Vacnations that they have found live cancer virus in them an they have mercury in them among other things.

No you do not need a driver license to drive. I also explained what you had to do. Yes I still have one because I am to old and tired to fight the police. But i know many who do not an get by with it. Real freedom is not having the government making all your decisions. Real freedom as the founders intended was have government totally out of our life. They expected real Americans to stand on their own 2 feet and be responsible for their own actions.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24036 Jun 29, 2013
Mr Manning wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious.... How is Linda doing?
A lot better than you will be doing very soon
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24037 Jun 29, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If society is truly going to break down, maybe it would be a good idea for you and your neighbors to move out of the desert. The Southwest depends on receiving water from other parts of the country. If they decide to turn off the tap, your garden will die.
<quoted text>
Without electricity to run your air conditioning, most of Arizona will be very unpleasant in the summer months.(The high for Phoenix tomorrow is forecast to be 118 degrees.)
Actually there is plenty of water here. The Colorado river is just a few miles away. They are plenty of springs around. No we do not depend on getting our water from some place else. The water here comes from wells.
Did you know from burning wood you can get oil, gas and an propane.
I will get by just fine without electricity an I will stay cool an warm. I grew up without the modern day crap. I lived in houses without running water or electricity. I hunted and fished for my food when young and did not need a license to do so.

Today it is 113 and 22 miles away 123. Normal for this time of year. News makes it sound like it is the end of the world. Takes your mind off the important things
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24038 Jun 29, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is plenty of water here.
As Fibber McGee used to say: "That's pretty good, Johnny, but that ain't the way I heard it!"

"April 16, 2013 12:00 am • Tony Davis Arizona Daily Star

Another year of very low precipitation and snowpack in the Rocky Mountains has spurred another year of low runoff on the Colorado River - the 10th such year out of the past 14.

The low runoff means the Central Arizona Project - which provides Tucson drinking water - has a 35 percent chance of experiencing its first water shortage in history in 2016, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation officials say.

For 2013, April-July runoff into Lake Powell at the Utah border is expected to be 38 percent of normal. That would be the fourth- lowest such total since the gates on Powell closed in 1964, says the Colorado River Basin Forecast Center of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration."

http://azstarnet.com/news/science/environment...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24039 Jun 29, 2013
"...a mounting array of studies suggests that deepening drought will in coming decades drain the enormous reservoirs on the Colorado River that provide water for some 30 million people in the region.

Projected global warming trends will likely mean that in the long-term water users in seven western states can count on only 40 percent of the water in the Colorado River Basin. However, the region currently uses about 76 percent of the water in the system each year — roughly double the sustainable benchmark, according to a study by Arizona State University School of Life Sciences associate professor John Sabo, who also serves as director of research development in ASU’s Global Institute of Sustainability."

http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2012/sep/21...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24040 Jun 30, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you going to get Martin Luther King to help you with your cause? Guess what slappy.... Your cause is as dead as he is. Matter of fact, not only is it dead, it is old news and it has decayed.
Move along slap nuts.
it is far from over, and wimps like you easy to smash.
when people grow a pair, they throw you in the trash where you belong.
keep pushing..........you will be pushed off a cliff.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24041 Jun 30, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
When I read your posts, I have a decision to make. Are you on drugs, or are your parents brother and sister?
keep laughing.....others have decisions to make as well.

and I guarantee there is not a thing you can do about it but run your mouth.

action shuts your mouth.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24042 Jun 30, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
your loss is very near.
So, what does "near" mean to you? Within a year? Within 10 years? I don't see the smoking bans going away --- they seem to be expanding. The only thing that might change that is if large numbers of people started smoking again, and that seems very unlikely.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24043 Jun 30, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what does "near" mean to you? Within a year? Within 10 years? I don't see the smoking bans going away --- they seem to be expanding. The only thing that might change that is if large numbers of people started smoking again, and that seems very unlikely.
when you tell the owner of a building running a business they must ban customers, the owners may start banning those that attempt to enforce it.
Mr Jerry

Westlake, OH

#24044 Jun 30, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
when you tell the owner of a building running a business they must ban customers, the owners may start banning those that attempt to enforce it.
This is exactly the kind of thing that supports that article posted a while back that said smoking causes brain damage. It is obvious you are a heavy smoker. I seem to remember you talking out of your a&& a while back that you were going to the auto show and buying a new Corvette (paying cash none the less) directly to GM, and bypassing the dealer. I am sorry to inform you slappy, but your lies are just too far fetched. You can not see it, but everyone (with the possible exception of that other brain dead bafoon AssMac) can see it.
NEWSFLASH Slappy.... Owners can not ban a class of PEOPLE. That happened in the 40s and 50s. They **CAN** However ban actions of people. Let me break it down so even someone with your mental (in)capacity can understand.
A doctor can eat wherever he wants as long as he is not examining patients on the tables and bothering other people.
A drill Sargent can eat wherever he wants as long as he is not yelling orders at the staff or other patrons and bothering other people.
a band can eat wherever they want as long as they are not playing their instruments and bothering other people.
A nudist is allowed in to any restaurant he/she chooses, as long he/she is not nude and bothering other people.
A prostitute is allowed in any restaurant she want's provided she is not turning tricks on the table and bothering other people.
A minister is allowed in any restaurant he wishes, providing he does not get up and start preaching and bothering other people.
An alcoholic is allowed in any restaurant he wishes, as long as he is not drunk and bothering other people.
Andrew Dice Clay is allowed in any restaurant he chooses, as long as he is not using the language he uses on stage and bothering other people.
A Klansman is welcome is free to go in any restaurant they want, as long as they are not in a robe, and burning a cross and bothering other people.
A Basketball team can go into any restaurant they choose, as long as they do not throw a basketball around and act like fools and bothering other people.
A hunter can go into any restaurant he chooses as long as he does not use the saucers for skeet shooting and bothering other people.
A zoo keeper can go into any restaurant they choose as long as they do not bring their animals in and bothering other people.
A disc jockey can eat wherever he/she chooses, as they are not spinning records inside the restaurant and bothering other people.
A doctor can eat wherever he wants as long as he is not examining patients on the tables and bothering other people.
And guess what Slappy..... You are no different than anyone else. You (and your boyfriend AssMac) are allowed to eat at any restaurant you choose, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT SMOKE and bother other people.
Good thing restaurants do not ban gays, idiots, inbreeds, cry babies and whiners. You a holes would have NOWHERE to eat!!!
Sorry Hoss, but as usual, you made a fool of yourself when you opened your mouth. But please... Keep going. We love it when you cry babies bend over backwards to keep us entertained... FOR FREE!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boko Haram kidnaps 172 MORE women and girls!!! 7 min Texas Rose 10
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 16 min d pantz 9
COPS lives MATTER 24 min d pantz 5
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 29 min d pantz 341
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 46 min Pope Che Reagan C... 304
End of Life on Earth 2 hr Reality Speaks 11
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 3 hr Male 79
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Neutral Party 4,824
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:01 am PST

CBS Sports 5:01AM