Smoking ban to go before Ohio Supreme Court

Apr 8, 2011 Full story: Business First of Columbus 21,302

The Ohio Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to hear a Columbus-based case that challenges the constitutionality of the state's indoor smoking ban, the Dayton Daily News reports .

Full Story
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#23999 Jun 18, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so when they do not cook their meat to a certain temp, and you get sick because of it, or when they do not keep their meat stored at a certain temp and you puke your brains out, or get an infection (in your case yeast) from sitting on their filthy toilet, or you die in an electrical fire because the owner did his own wiring to save money, just remember that YOU were the one that said the owner should e able to DICTATE their own policies.
So some old drunk (like Azmac) owns a car is he allowed to dictate his own policies too?? Can he drive it drunk, or run red lights and go 90 through a school zone just because he as the owner 'sees fit' to do what he wants??
Sorry swami, but your turban is on to tight. Get a clue.
WOW did you show off your ignorance. You show that you know nothing about the constitution or our history. What a dumb ass. Learn what real freedom is. I lived in a free country when I was young. Today this country is not free. China and Russia the people have the very same freedoms you have. NONE. Going to a movie or to a ball game is not freedom. Today you have to ask permission from the government to do most every thing. Want to add a patio to your house get the government's permission. Want to get married get the government's permission.Want to drive get the government's permission. Want a job get the government's permission. Open a business and the government will tell you how to run it.The list goes on. Soon the government will make the decision if you live or die when you get sick, that is in Obamacare. They will have access to you bank account. Now the are pushing the real ID card. You will need it to do any thing and it will have all the information about you on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24000 Jun 18, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Some of the comments by anti smokers reveal a contempt for the constitution and the rights of others.
Back in 2008, a conservative judge (who is also a Constitutional scholar) ruled that smoking bans do not violate the Ohio or U.S. Constitution, because there is no "right to smoke."

"The Ohio law banning smoking in public places is constitutional, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas Judge Fred Nelson ruled Friday.

The law, passed by voters in November 2006 as Issue 5, was challenged by the Buckeye Liquor Permit Holders, which sued the Ohio Department of Health. The group claimed the law was vague and violated due process.

"This court concluded that neither the Constitution of the United States nor the Ohio Constitution creates a fundamental right to smoke in public," Nelson said in his ruling."

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories...

Since: Jun 13

Lumbini, Nepal

#24002 Jun 19, 2013
i think it best idea
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#24004 Jun 20, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW did you show off your ignorance. You show that you know nothing about the constitution or our history. What a dumb ass. Learn what real freedom is. I lived in a free country when I was young. Today this country is not free. China and Russia the people have the very same freedoms you have. NONE. Going to a movie or to a ball game is not freedom. Today you have to ask permission from the government to do most every thing. Want to add a patio to your house get the government's permission. Want to get married get the government's permission.Want to drive get the government's permission. Want a job get the government's permission. Open a business and the government will tell you how to run it.The list goes on. Soon the government will make the decision if you live or die when you get sick, that is in Obamacare. They will have access to you bank account. Now the are pushing the real ID card. You will need it to do any thing and it will have all the information about you on it.
Only dumb ass was your parents for giving birth to a jackass. Two drug addicted, drunk, Irish idiots. I will tell you for the last time AssMunch. I do what I want. I want to tell you to suck my d1ck, I do it. I want to sprinkle Jizz on Nancy, I do it. Just to show you what a complete and udder jackass you are, you have ALWAYS had to get the governments permission to get married, Yet you say in your day it was a free country. It is to prevent idiots like you from marring your mom or sister.

You mentioned in a previous post that the government can not make you get a drivers license, and you can legally drive without it, yet YOU HAVE ONE!!!! Surprised your drunk ass still can hold on to it, but that is another issue. So tell me Mr. Hypocrite.... Why do you have a drivers license if you keep talking crap about not needing one. Put up OR SHUT UP!!!!

As usual you will not give a straight answer, you will ignore this thread as you always do, like when you claimed you were injured in Nam, and then said you never said it. I hope a REAL Nam vet cleans your clock, then whips your ass for not knowing what time it is. Go change Nancy's water dish so she stops shining. I hate animal cruelty.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#24005 Jun 21, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Dummy.... Pay attention.

http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/hea...
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24006 Jun 22, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in 2008, a conservative judge (who is also a Constitutional scholar) ruled that smoking bans do not violate the Ohio or U.S. Constitution, because there is no "right to smoke."
"The Ohio law banning smoking in public places is constitutional, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas Judge Fred Nelson ruled Friday.
The law, passed by voters in November 2006 as Issue 5, was challenged by the Buckeye Liquor Permit Holders, which sued the Ohio Department of Health. The group claimed the law was vague and violated due process.
"This court concluded that neither the Constitution of the United States nor the Ohio Constitution creates a fundamental right to smoke in public," Nelson said in his ruling."
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories...
Most judges are corrupt today. Only a handful that do the right things.We had a constitutional judge killed here in AZ because he was doing the right things.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24007 Jun 22, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Junk. Maybe you should start smoking, it might improve your brain. Right now you comments show you to be ignorant and a low life.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#24008 Jun 23, 2013
I can't believe this is still at the top of the smoking threads.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24010 Jun 23, 2013
Hugh Jass wrote:
I can't believe this is still at the top of the smoking threads.
Hugh, I know you been around here for a long while, and the real problem is that the Topix smoking forums are dead. There used to be plenty of active discussions, just a few years ago. Now the remaining ones are barely active, mostly kept going as insult fests unrelated to the original topic.

I think this is because the opponents of smoking bans have mostly given up that fight, and moved on to new issues.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24011 Jun 25, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh, I know you been around here for a long while, and the real problem is that the Topix smoking forums are dead. There used to be plenty of active discussions, just a few years ago. Now the remaining ones are barely active, mostly kept going as insult fests unrelated to the original topic.
I think this is because the opponents of smoking bans have mostly given up that fight, and moved on to new issues.
Yes you are right. I have moved on to help restore our constitution and freedom. Smoking bans did their job of helping destroy property rights. Now it time to get ready for the this country to fall. Obama is working very hard at destroying it.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24012 Jun 25, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it time to get ready for the this country to fall.
So, how are YOU getting ready? For the sake of my younger friends, I hope you're wrong.

I think you are old enough to remember when we were on the brink of nuclear war. Many folks thought that war was a certainty, and that it would happen very soon. My uncle built a fallout shelter in his basement. Kids were taught in school to "duck and cover" when the H-bombs were dropped.

And yet, here we are, 50 years later. That war never happened. Maybe things now aren't as bad as you fear.
Larry Limpdick

Netherlands

#24013 Jun 26, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how are YOU getting ready? For the sake of my younger friends, I hope you're wrong.
The mate is selling tin foil hats on eBAy. That is his dentition of "getting ready". I am going to start calling him Henny Penny. He thinks the bloody sky is falling. The man is insane.
Larry Limpdick

Netherlands

#24014 Jun 26, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is funny.
Roland

Valley City, OH

#24015 Jun 26, 2013
Wonder what Linda B has to say about all this now? Oh wait, she is saying nothing since she is dead. No more boney finger typing for her. I am sure her lawn chair beside the dumpster is being warm though.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24016 Jun 26, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are old enough to remember when we were on the brink of nuclear war. Many folks thought that war was a certainty, and that it would happen very soon. My uncle built a fallout shelter in his basement. Kids were taught in school to "duck and cover" when the H-bombs were dropped.
And yet, here we are, 50 years later. That war never happened. Maybe things now aren't as bad as you fear.
Look at history it tells the future. The dollar will crash an soon. Obama is working hard to start WW3. The pot is about to boil over. Every thing Obama is doing is destroying this country. Obama beat out Bush for being the worse president in history. Your air water and food are being poisoned. Cancer and other diseases are increasing everyday. The weather is destroying crops as is the government. A food shortage is coming soon or prices will be sky high, most likely both. Just to much to put in here why this country is about to fall. Yes I hope I am wrong also. I know you do not hear near what I hear that is going on.

Yes I remember the 50s and payed no attention to the rumors of an atomic war. Today things are a lot different.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24017 Jun 26, 2013
Larry Limpdick wrote:
<quoted text>
The mate is selling tin foil hats on eBAy. That is his dentition of "getting ready". I am going to start calling him Henny Penny. He thinks the bloody sky is falling. The man is insane.
Sorry you dont know the constitution or our history. Sorry you do not keep up with what is going on. You are one who is helping to destroy this country by being ignorant of what is happening.
Larry Limpdick

Netherlands

#24018 Jun 26, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you dont know the constitution or our history. Sorry you do not keep up with what is going on. You are one who is helping to destroy this country by being ignorant of what is happening.
Will someone please enlighten this poor confused sole as to where I am located? He seems to think I am in America. You are correct, I may not know a lot about your Constitution, but I do now it would be spelled with a capital C. The mate who posted that article about smoking causing brain damage was correct. You are a prime example. Carry on. Funny how you seem to tell everybody how stupid they are, and you can not even get the simple stuff right. Silly Americans.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24019 Jun 26, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at history it tells the future. The dollar will crash an soon. Obama is working hard to start WW3. The pot is about to boil over.
You never answered my question. You keep telling folks they have to get ready for all this bad stuff.
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how are YOU getting ready?
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24020 Jun 27, 2013
Larry Limpdick wrote:
<quoted text>
Will someone please enlighten this poor confused sole as to where I am located? He seems to think I am in America. You are correct, I may not know a lot about your Constitution, but I do now it would be spelled with a capital C. The mate who posted that article about smoking causing brain damage was correct. You are a prime example. Carry on. Funny how you seem to tell everybody how stupid they are, and you can not even get the simple stuff right. Silly Americans.
That seems all you people really have is to gripe about grammar. No Smoking does not cause brain damage or many of the other things the drug companies say it does. They are killing you with the poisons they put in vaccinations and there drugs. They are part of the system to kill off 80% of the world population and start a one world government with you ( if you live ) as a slave. They have said so but people like you do not believe even when you hear it out of their mouth. All of what is going on in the world is being done by the elite orders. The elite own the food, drugs, banks, media, oil and most of the governments. The elite have built safe places to survive with our money. The enemy of free people is the elite. Obama is a puppet of the elite as are most leaders around the world. Funny when I grew up in the 50s very few of the diseases of today were around and almost all smoked. Only knew one person with cancer and it was a bone cancer.Diabetes never heard of it until the late 60s when pollution got so bad. No one i knew ever had allergies. Now almost everyone has some major disease. As a smoker for over 55 years I am still healthy. In fact most of the smokers I know are healthy, wish I could say the same for the non smokers.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24021 Jun 27, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered my question. You keep telling folks they have to get ready for all this bad stuff.
<quoted text>
Grow your own garden for one thing, be well armed and stock food an water. I live in Arizona and most in my area are preparing for our country to collapse. The dollar will die an soon that is a fact. Printing money out of thin air and you can only go into debt so far before it all comes crashing down. We have nothing that backs our dollar. I think we are just about the only big country that is NOT buying gold and sliver. China owns most all types of metal now. China has most of the worlds manufacturing an more going to them all the time. An economic collapse is for certain and could happen any day. When I was in Korea years back it was 650 Won to the dollar. that means what cost us a dollar would cost them 650 of their dollars. You can expect prices here to go sky high soon when our dollar crashes.
NASA says we can be hit with a solar flare like what happen in the 1800s. That would knock out all electrical. Also any country can knock out our electrical with an EMP attack. WW3 is just around the corner. Our food supply every where is being destroyed. Much to watch for an prepare for. I just built my own EMP container.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 32 min They cannot kill ... 4,968
COPS lives MATTER 33 min Pope Che Reagan C... 226
Critics ignore benefits of cameras 55 min They cannot kill ... 10
African American Male Initiative seeks to help ... 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 20
Who do you side with in New York and why? 2 hr d pantz 27
Mana s Skeleton Found In Woods In Central Ohio 2 hr Big Johnson 1
Where will Glitter be spending the holidays? 3 hr juan 3
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:30 am PST

CBS Sports 6:30AM
Browns' frustrations over Josh Gordon, Johnny Manziel growing
NBC Sports 6:52 AM
Report: Manziel's Friday night party led to players' Saturday tardies
NBC Sports 8:25 AM
Justin Gilbert expected to be inactive after showing late to Saturday night meeting
NBC Sports 8:48 AM
Week 17 early inactives
NFL 8:58 AM
Justin Gilbert inactive after being late to meeting