Smoking ban to go before Ohio Supreme Court

Apr 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Business First of Columbus

The Ohio Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to hear a Columbus-based case that challenges the constitutionality of the state's indoor smoking ban, the Dayton Daily News reports .

Comments
21,181 - 21,200 of 21,309 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Some of the comments by anti smokers reveal a contempt for the constitution and the rights of others. Just for the record I am a non smoker but believe businesses should have the right to dictate their own policies based on market forces.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Thought machine, azmac. Thought machine.

I know what's going on in your mind. I'm considering selling it to the NSA.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

dpx55 wrote:
Thought machine, azmac. Thought machine.
I know what's going on in your mind. I'm considering selling it to the NSA.
Did you know you can now be arrested for a thought crime. Already happening. Did you know you can be arrested for doing nothing an jailed forever or killed with no trial, already been done. Did you know the cops an beat you up for no reason. Being done almost everyday now. People like you helped make it happen
Big Bad Govie

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know you can now be arrested for a thought crime. Already happening. Did you know you can be arrested for doing nothing an jailed forever or killed with no trial, already been done. Did you know the cops an beat you up for no reason. Being done almost everyday now. People like you helped make it happen
Not to Paranoid are you azmac? WOW!! Go hide in your home bomb shelter. We will tell you when you can come out. Quick, I hear footsteps in your back yard!!! Run Azmac Run.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Big Bad Govie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to Paranoid are you azmac? WOW!! Go hide in your home bomb shelter. We will tell you when you can come out. Quick, I hear footsteps in your back yard!!! Run Azmac Run.
He is off his meds again. Next he will tell you there are no bars or restaurants in the world. At the rate he said they are closing, we the last one should have closed years ago. The REAL story is we have more now than we did 7 years ago when the smoking ban began. ASSmunch never got any attention as a kid and is just looking for it on here now. It is best to just ignore the old senile, old mound of monkey crap.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Some of the comments by anti smokers reveal a contempt for the constitution and the rights of others. Just for the record I am a non smoker but believe businesses should have the right to dictate their own policies based on market forces.
OK, so when they do not cook their meat to a certain temp, and you get sick because of it, or when they do not keep their meat stored at a certain temp and you puke your brains out, or get an infection (in your case yeast) from sitting on their filthy toilet, or you die in an electrical fire because the owner did his own wiring to save money, just remember that YOU were the one that said the owner should e able to DICTATE their own policies.

So some old drunk (like Azmac) owns a car is he allowed to dictate his own policies too?? Can he drive it drunk, or run red lights and go 90 through a school zone just because he as the owner 'sees fit' to do what he wants??

Sorry swami, but your turban is on to tight. Get a clue.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

I see you people hide your head in the sand as all I posted has been in the news. Most likely even here in topix.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so when they do not cook their meat to a certain temp, and you get sick because of it, or when they do not keep their meat stored at a certain temp and you puke your brains out, or get an infection (in your case yeast) from sitting on their filthy toilet, or you die in an electrical fire because the owner did his own wiring to save money, just remember that YOU were the one that said the owner should e able to DICTATE their own policies.
So some old drunk (like Azmac) owns a car is he allowed to dictate his own policies too?? Can he drive it drunk, or run red lights and go 90 through a school zone just because he as the owner 'sees fit' to do what he wants??
Sorry swami, but your turban is on to tight. Get a clue.
WOW did you show off your ignorance. You show that you know nothing about the constitution or our history. What a dumb ass. Learn what real freedom is. I lived in a free country when I was young. Today this country is not free. China and Russia the people have the very same freedoms you have. NONE. Going to a movie or to a ball game is not freedom. Today you have to ask permission from the government to do most every thing. Want to add a patio to your house get the government's permission. Want to get married get the government's permission.Want to drive get the government's permission. Want a job get the government's permission. Open a business and the government will tell you how to run it.The list goes on. Soon the government will make the decision if you live or die when you get sick, that is in Obamacare. They will have access to you bank account. Now the are pushing the real ID card. You will need it to do any thing and it will have all the information about you on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Some of the comments by anti smokers reveal a contempt for the constitution and the rights of others.
Back in 2008, a conservative judge (who is also a Constitutional scholar) ruled that smoking bans do not violate the Ohio or U.S. Constitution, because there is no "right to smoke."

"The Ohio law banning smoking in public places is constitutional, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas Judge Fred Nelson ruled Friday.

The law, passed by voters in November 2006 as Issue 5, was challenged by the Buckeye Liquor Permit Holders, which sued the Ohio Department of Health. The group claimed the law was vague and violated due process.

"This court concluded that neither the Constitution of the United States nor the Ohio Constitution creates a fundamental right to smoke in public," Nelson said in his ruling."

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories...

Since: Jun 13

Lumbini, Nepal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

i think it best idea
Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW did you show off your ignorance. You show that you know nothing about the constitution or our history. What a dumb ass. Learn what real freedom is. I lived in a free country when I was young. Today this country is not free. China and Russia the people have the very same freedoms you have. NONE. Going to a movie or to a ball game is not freedom. Today you have to ask permission from the government to do most every thing. Want to add a patio to your house get the government's permission. Want to get married get the government's permission.Want to drive get the government's permission. Want a job get the government's permission. Open a business and the government will tell you how to run it.The list goes on. Soon the government will make the decision if you live or die when you get sick, that is in Obamacare. They will have access to you bank account. Now the are pushing the real ID card. You will need it to do any thing and it will have all the information about you on it.
Only dumb ass was your parents for giving birth to a jackass. Two drug addicted, drunk, Irish idiots. I will tell you for the last time AssMunch. I do what I want. I want to tell you to suck my d1ck, I do it. I want to sprinkle Jizz on Nancy, I do it. Just to show you what a complete and udder jackass you are, you have ALWAYS had to get the governments permission to get married, Yet you say in your day it was a free country. It is to prevent idiots like you from marring your mom or sister.

You mentioned in a previous post that the government can not make you get a drivers license, and you can legally drive without it, yet YOU HAVE ONE!!!! Surprised your drunk ass still can hold on to it, but that is another issue. So tell me Mr. Hypocrite.... Why do you have a drivers license if you keep talking crap about not needing one. Put up OR SHUT UP!!!!

As usual you will not give a straight answer, you will ignore this thread as you always do, like when you claimed you were injured in Nam, and then said you never said it. I hope a REAL Nam vet cleans your clock, then whips your ass for not knowing what time it is. Go change Nancy's water dish so she stops shining. I hate animal cruelty.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Dummy.... Pay attention.

http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/hea...
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in 2008, a conservative judge (who is also a Constitutional scholar) ruled that smoking bans do not violate the Ohio or U.S. Constitution, because there is no "right to smoke."
"The Ohio law banning smoking in public places is constitutional, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas Judge Fred Nelson ruled Friday.
The law, passed by voters in November 2006 as Issue 5, was challenged by the Buckeye Liquor Permit Holders, which sued the Ohio Department of Health. The group claimed the law was vague and violated due process.
"This court concluded that neither the Constitution of the United States nor the Ohio Constitution creates a fundamental right to smoke in public," Nelson said in his ruling."
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories...
Most judges are corrupt today. Only a handful that do the right things.We had a constitutional judge killed here in AZ because he was doing the right things.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Junk. Maybe you should start smoking, it might improve your brain. Right now you comments show you to be ignorant and a low life.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

I can't believe this is still at the top of the smoking threads.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Jass wrote:
I can't believe this is still at the top of the smoking threads.
Hugh, I know you been around here for a long while, and the real problem is that the Topix smoking forums are dead. There used to be plenty of active discussions, just a few years ago. Now the remaining ones are barely active, mostly kept going as insult fests unrelated to the original topic.

I think this is because the opponents of smoking bans have mostly given up that fight, and moved on to new issues.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh, I know you been around here for a long while, and the real problem is that the Topix smoking forums are dead. There used to be plenty of active discussions, just a few years ago. Now the remaining ones are barely active, mostly kept going as insult fests unrelated to the original topic.
I think this is because the opponents of smoking bans have mostly given up that fight, and moved on to new issues.
Yes you are right. I have moved on to help restore our constitution and freedom. Smoking bans did their job of helping destroy property rights. Now it time to get ready for the this country to fall. Obama is working very hard at destroying it.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it time to get ready for the this country to fall.
So, how are YOU getting ready? For the sake of my younger friends, I hope you're wrong.

I think you are old enough to remember when we were on the brink of nuclear war. Many folks thought that war was a certainty, and that it would happen very soon. My uncle built a fallout shelter in his basement. Kids were taught in school to "duck and cover" when the H-bombs were dropped.

And yet, here we are, 50 years later. That war never happened. Maybe things now aren't as bad as you fear.
Larry Limpdick

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how are YOU getting ready? For the sake of my younger friends, I hope you're wrong.
The mate is selling tin foil hats on eBAy. That is his dentition of "getting ready". I am going to start calling him Henny Penny. He thinks the bloody sky is falling. The man is insane.
Larry Limpdick

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr Big Johnson 30
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 30,233
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 2 hr Neutral Party 225
When Will Obama DIE? 4 hr Get Gone 3
Debate: Ferguson - Columbus, OH 7 hr They cannot kill ... 66
ISIS beheads James Foley 9 hr Free Pizza 4 U 89
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 10 hr Neutral Party 3,113

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus