Smoking ban to go before Ohio Supreme Court

There are 21294 comments on the Business First of Columbus story from Apr 8, 2011, titled Smoking ban to go before Ohio Supreme Court. In it, Business First of Columbus reports that:

The Ohio Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to hear a Columbus-based case that challenges the constitutionality of the state's indoor smoking ban, the Dayton Daily News reports .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business First of Columbus.

thebuzz

Carmel, IN

#23972 May 2, 2013
LivUrOwnLyfe wrote:
Let the owner determine whether he/she wants to allow smoke. Those who don't want to be around it can steer clear of those who allow it.
As much as I abhor government interference, I have to side with the libs on this one. We can't allow restaurants to let cockroaches and vermin crawl on the food for health reasons. It's not about your choosing a cleaner restaurant or by allowing the filthy one to continue on without consequence. Second hand smoking is a health issue. Children who are in public places are not able to remove themselves from teratogenic airspaces. Second hand smoke kills. If you don't believe me, try burning cigs in an aquarium next to a plant. It won't take long for the plant to die. There will be sticky tar all over the sides. Imagine that in a baby's lungs. It sickens me.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#23976 May 12, 2013
Azmac, I still have the mind control machine. I know what you're thinking.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#23979 May 21, 2013
dpx55 wrote:
Azmac, I still have the mind control machine. I know what you're thinking.
Me too... How big of a dummy Azmac is..... Need proof?

http://www.topix.com/health/smoking/2013/05/s...
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#23984 May 25, 2013
thebuzz wrote:
<quoted text> As much as I abhor government interference, I have to side with the libs on this one. We can't allow restaurants to let cockroaches and vermin crawl on the food for health reasons. It's not about your choosing a cleaner restaurant or by allowing the filthy one to continue on without consequence. Second hand smoking is a health issue. Children who are in public places are not able to remove themselves from teratogenic airspaces. Second hand smoke kills. If you don't believe me, try burning cigs in an aquarium next to a plant. It won't take long for the plant to die. There will be sticky tar all over the sides. Imagine that in a baby's lungs. It sickens me.
It is the right of the business owner to run his business as he wants to. It is the right of the customer not to use that business if he does not like the way the owner runs that business. Worked very well for over 150 years. People do not need a government to tell them a place is dirty unless you are ignorant like jerry. Why thousands of business have went out of business since the smoking bans have started. Many smokers no longer use the business. Smoking bans have led to the destruction of property rights. Why today they can jail you or kill you with no trial. They can take your property any time they want. They can enter your property without a warrant. The government now owns the people and property and can do as the please with you. Just read the executive orders.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#23985 May 25, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too... How big of a dummy Azmac is..... Need proof?
http://www.topix.com/health/smoking/2013/05/s...
I bet you support Obama an his killing babies and women with his drones. I bet you support all the medical taken away from the disable vets. Did you know 20,000 a month die for the lack of care. This is what you support.
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#23986 May 25, 2013
Some of the comments by anti smokers reveal a contempt for the constitution and the rights of others. Just for the record I am a non smoker but believe businesses should have the right to dictate their own policies based on market forces.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#23991 Jun 14, 2013
Thought machine, azmac. Thought machine.

I know what's going on in your mind. I'm considering selling it to the NSA.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#23993 Jun 18, 2013
dpx55 wrote:
Thought machine, azmac. Thought machine.
I know what's going on in your mind. I'm considering selling it to the NSA.
Did you know you can now be arrested for a thought crime. Already happening. Did you know you can be arrested for doing nothing an jailed forever or killed with no trial, already been done. Did you know the cops an beat you up for no reason. Being done almost everyday now. People like you helped make it happen
Big Bad Govie

Atlanta, GA

#23994 Jun 18, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know you can now be arrested for a thought crime. Already happening. Did you know you can be arrested for doing nothing an jailed forever or killed with no trial, already been done. Did you know the cops an beat you up for no reason. Being done almost everyday now. People like you helped make it happen
Not to Paranoid are you azmac? WOW!! Go hide in your home bomb shelter. We will tell you when you can come out. Quick, I hear footsteps in your back yard!!! Run Azmac Run.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#23995 Jun 18, 2013
Big Bad Govie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to Paranoid are you azmac? WOW!! Go hide in your home bomb shelter. We will tell you when you can come out. Quick, I hear footsteps in your back yard!!! Run Azmac Run.
He is off his meds again. Next he will tell you there are no bars or restaurants in the world. At the rate he said they are closing, we the last one should have closed years ago. The REAL story is we have more now than we did 7 years ago when the smoking ban began. ASSmunch never got any attention as a kid and is just looking for it on here now. It is best to just ignore the old senile, old mound of monkey crap.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#23996 Jun 18, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Some of the comments by anti smokers reveal a contempt for the constitution and the rights of others. Just for the record I am a non smoker but believe businesses should have the right to dictate their own policies based on market forces.
OK, so when they do not cook their meat to a certain temp, and you get sick because of it, or when they do not keep their meat stored at a certain temp and you puke your brains out, or get an infection (in your case yeast) from sitting on their filthy toilet, or you die in an electrical fire because the owner did his own wiring to save money, just remember that YOU were the one that said the owner should e able to DICTATE their own policies.

So some old drunk (like Azmac) owns a car is he allowed to dictate his own policies too?? Can he drive it drunk, or run red lights and go 90 through a school zone just because he as the owner 'sees fit' to do what he wants??

Sorry swami, but your turban is on to tight. Get a clue.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#23998 Jun 18, 2013
I see you people hide your head in the sand as all I posted has been in the news. Most likely even here in topix.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#23999 Jun 18, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so when they do not cook their meat to a certain temp, and you get sick because of it, or when they do not keep their meat stored at a certain temp and you puke your brains out, or get an infection (in your case yeast) from sitting on their filthy toilet, or you die in an electrical fire because the owner did his own wiring to save money, just remember that YOU were the one that said the owner should e able to DICTATE their own policies.
So some old drunk (like Azmac) owns a car is he allowed to dictate his own policies too?? Can he drive it drunk, or run red lights and go 90 through a school zone just because he as the owner 'sees fit' to do what he wants??
Sorry swami, but your turban is on to tight. Get a clue.
WOW did you show off your ignorance. You show that you know nothing about the constitution or our history. What a dumb ass. Learn what real freedom is. I lived in a free country when I was young. Today this country is not free. China and Russia the people have the very same freedoms you have. NONE. Going to a movie or to a ball game is not freedom. Today you have to ask permission from the government to do most every thing. Want to add a patio to your house get the government's permission. Want to get married get the government's permission.Want to drive get the government's permission. Want a job get the government's permission. Open a business and the government will tell you how to run it.The list goes on. Soon the government will make the decision if you live or die when you get sick, that is in Obamacare. They will have access to you bank account. Now the are pushing the real ID card. You will need it to do any thing and it will have all the information about you on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#24000 Jun 18, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Some of the comments by anti smokers reveal a contempt for the constitution and the rights of others.
Back in 2008, a conservative judge (who is also a Constitutional scholar) ruled that smoking bans do not violate the Ohio or U.S. Constitution, because there is no "right to smoke."

"The Ohio law banning smoking in public places is constitutional, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas Judge Fred Nelson ruled Friday.

The law, passed by voters in November 2006 as Issue 5, was challenged by the Buckeye Liquor Permit Holders, which sued the Ohio Department of Health. The group claimed the law was vague and violated due process.

"This court concluded that neither the Constitution of the United States nor the Ohio Constitution creates a fundamental right to smoke in public," Nelson said in his ruling."

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories...

Since: Jun 13

Lumbini, Nepal

#24002 Jun 19, 2013
i think it best idea
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#24004 Jun 20, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW did you show off your ignorance. You show that you know nothing about the constitution or our history. What a dumb ass. Learn what real freedom is. I lived in a free country when I was young. Today this country is not free. China and Russia the people have the very same freedoms you have. NONE. Going to a movie or to a ball game is not freedom. Today you have to ask permission from the government to do most every thing. Want to add a patio to your house get the government's permission. Want to get married get the government's permission.Want to drive get the government's permission. Want a job get the government's permission. Open a business and the government will tell you how to run it.The list goes on. Soon the government will make the decision if you live or die when you get sick, that is in Obamacare. They will have access to you bank account. Now the are pushing the real ID card. You will need it to do any thing and it will have all the information about you on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Only dumb ass was your parents for giving birth to a jackass. Two drug addicted, drunk, Irish idiots. I will tell you for the last time AssMunch. I do what I want. I want to tell you to suck my d1ck, I do it. I want to sprinkle Jizz on Nancy, I do it. Just to show you what a complete and udder jackass you are, you have ALWAYS had to get the governments permission to get married, Yet you say in your day it was a free country. It is to prevent idiots like you from marring your mom or sister.

You mentioned in a previous post that the government can not make you get a drivers license, and you can legally drive without it, yet YOU HAVE ONE!!!! Surprised your drunk ass still can hold on to it, but that is another issue. So tell me Mr. Hypocrite.... Why do you have a drivers license if you keep talking crap about not needing one. Put up OR SHUT UP!!!!

As usual you will not give a straight answer, you will ignore this thread as you always do, like when you claimed you were injured in Nam, and then said you never said it. I hope a REAL Nam vet cleans your clock, then whips your ass for not knowing what time it is. Go change Nancy's water dish so she stops shining. I hate animal cruelty.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#24005 Jun 21, 2013
azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW did you show off your ignorance. You show that you know nothing about the constitution or our history. What a dumb ass. Learn what real freedom is. I lived in a free country when I was young. Today this country is not free. China and Russia the people have the very same freedoms you have. NONE. Going to a movie or to a ball game is not freedom. Today you have to ask permission from the government to do most every thing. Want to add a patio to your house get the government's permission. Want to get married get the government's permission.Want to drive get the government's permission. Want a job get the government's permission. Open a business and the government will tell you how to run it.The list goes on. Soon the government will make the decision if you live or die when you get sick, that is in Obamacare. They will have access to you bank account. Now the are pushing the real ID card. You will need it to do any thing and it will have all the information about you on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Here Dummy.... Pay attention.

http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/hea...
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24006 Jun 22, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in 2008, a conservative judge (who is also a Constitutional scholar) ruled that smoking bans do not violate the Ohio or U.S. Constitution, because there is no "right to smoke."
"The Ohio law banning smoking in public places is constitutional, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas Judge Fred Nelson ruled Friday.
The law, passed by voters in November 2006 as Issue 5, was challenged by the Buckeye Liquor Permit Holders, which sued the Ohio Department of Health. The group claimed the law was vague and violated due process.
"This court concluded that neither the Constitution of the United States nor the Ohio Constitution creates a fundamental right to smoke in public," Nelson said in his ruling."
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories...
Most judges are corrupt today. Only a handful that do the right things.We had a constitutional judge killed here in AZ because he was doing the right things.
azmac

Golden Valley, AZ

#24007 Jun 22, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Dummy.... Pay attention.
http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/hea...
Junk. Maybe you should start smoking, it might improve your brain. Right now you comments show you to be ignorant and a low life.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#24008 Jun 23, 2013
I can't believe this is still at the top of the smoking threads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brelo not guilty 20 min BizzyBee 17
Worst President in History 31 min Male 144
News Jeni's Scoop Shops Reopen After Listeria Scare 1 hr Big Johnson 1
News Police officer's estimate good enough for speed... (Jun '10) 1 hr ty Ree 330
Black Crime is out of control. 1 hr BoneYard 65
Hillary gets fingered by Obama 8 hr Gilda 7
Cleveland Cop Found NOT GUILTY In Deadly 2012 S... 8 hr They cannot kill ... 3
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]