Things of Interest?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pale Rider

Liberty, KY

#1 May 5, 2014
One of the very good threads started is by Serious Lady on things you don't know about me. Bizzy Bee starts good threads too.

How about a thread for things that you like, or a recipe, or my question.

Bird Feeder?

A Bird Feeder you have that keeps Black Bird out. Does it have a screen around a tube feeder, that allows smaller birds to fly in to feed?

I like old barns, log cabins, covered bridges to photograph? Do you know where some are?

How about barns with Mail Pouch on them? Things to photograph.
I Like Bees

Blacklick, OH

#2 May 6, 2014
I like bees.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#3 May 6, 2014
Pale Rider wrote:
One of the very good threads started is by Serious Lady on things you don't know about me. Bizzy Bee starts good threads too.
Bird Feeder?
A Bird Feeder you have that keeps Black Bird out. Does it have a screen around a tube feeder, that allows smaller birds to fly in to feed?
I like old barns, log cabins, covered bridges to photograph? Do you know where some are?
I haven't seen any good painted barns for awhile. As for.bridges most arouns me have been moved to parks and replaced with steel and concrete bridges except for one. That one is by an old mill it is along Lithopolis road in Fairfield County. It is not ised for traffic but still in its original place for.people to.walk through and photograph.

Keeping Blackbirds out? If you mean those Grackles, it is tough. My cats though will hide in the flowers and watch their cat food so that those birds don't steal it. One cat wi sit and when a bird lands she sprngs on it. As for bird feeders keeping out black birds would probably keep out Jays woodpeckers and Cardinals too. I put out thistle and small sun flower seed and really haven't had a problem. The Grackles seem to go for cat food more but at the cost of their lives or at least some.feathers.
I Like Grackles

Blacklick, OH

#4 May 6, 2014
I like grackles.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#5 May 6, 2014
I Like Grackles wrote:
I like grackles.
My cats like them too.... as snacks and toys.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 May 6, 2014
I don't know of any feeders, beyond hummingbird feeders, that blackbirds cannot feed from. Why don't you want them? They eat mosquitos and other insects. I get them in much more abundance when the weather is bad. Otherwise they stick to the ponds that are close. I like the red winged black birds and the cow birds. It's useless to be selective with nature. Every creature has a purpose is the way I figure.
I Like Coyotes

Blacklick, OH

#7 May 6, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
My cats like them too.... as snacks and toys.
Coyotes like cats for the same reasons.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8 May 6, 2014
I Like Coyotes wrote:
<quoted text>
Deer slugs are attracted to coyotes.
At least that's the case on my properties.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#9 May 6, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Deer slugs are attracted to coyotes.
At least that's the case on my properties.
So is the bullets from my. 243
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#10 May 6, 2014
I Like Coyotes wrote:
<quoted text>
My skunk likes cats he protects them. Coyotes on the other hand he and his fellow skunk army spray them. Coyotes run like scalded dogs when the skunks attack.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#11 May 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="Seriouslady" . Every creature has a purpose is the way I figure.[/QUOTE]

Explain Obama, and Eric Holder? Other than swinging from a noose I don't see any purpose for them.

Location hidden

#12 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Explain Obama, and Eric Holder? Other than swinging from a noose I don't see any purpose for them.
LMAO You got me! Maybe when their take-over-the-world-at-any-cos t-and-leave-it-in-ruins evilness becomes fully apparent, folks will not vote for another lib for a century???

I got on here to give you this info. from my landscaper. Two online nurserys he uses. Both places will ship, but Cold Stream Farm is less expensive. Both have both Osage Orange and Hawthorns. The other is Nature Hills Nursery - 888-864-7663.

What I did not know is that Osage Orange trees come in male and female, like hollys, and you will need one of both to attain blooms and hedge apples.

I'm ordering a couple pecan trees for my yard. The deer love pecans. Peachs for the skunks. And two thornless Hawthorns because I like the look of them.

Location hidden

#13 May 6, 2014
I Like Coyotes wrote:
<quoted text>
Coyotes can't climb trees. Cat wins.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#14 May 6, 2014
Pale Rider wrote:
Bird Feeder?
Google covered bridges in Ohio....there are so many in Eastern Ohio.
I did have one pic I took with a guy fly fishing in the stream next to the covered bridge, and it was beautiful and I can't find it in my computer. I lost it!
I have a folder with all listed and directions. I'll try to find the site.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#15 May 6, 2014
Pale Rider wrote:
Bird Feeder?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ohio_cov...
Love this site......

Location hidden

#16 May 6, 2014
What happened to my "Things you don't know about me..." thread?

Someone been naughty?
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#17 May 6, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
What happened to my "Things you don't know about me..." thread?
Someone been naughty?
Not that I saw.

Thanks for the info. Local pizza shop had there cable tv drop line stole last night. I suggested going to the polls and get an Obama voter type and nail them to the side of the building as a warning.

It was primary day in Ohio today

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#18 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Not that I saw.
Thanks for the info. Local pizza shop had there cable tv drop line stole last night. I suggested going to the polls and get an Obama voter type and nail them to the side of the building as a warning.
It was primary day in Ohio today
I am so sick of what that f'kr is doing to the U.S. I cant stand it anymore.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#19 May 6, 2014
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> I am so sick of what that f'kr is doing to the U.S. I cant stand it anymore.
That is why have bunkers. Chance favors the prepared.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#20 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
That is why have bunkers. Chance favors the prepared.
I had a really bad day today due to total idiots, but I feel so much better now that I killed a koon that was growling at my neighbors cat who was just here to get some food since they cant seem to care enough to feed him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls what your dirtiest fantasy? 12 min Reality Speaks 10
Donald Trump Administration 16 min Reality Speaks 794
I love Shopping KMart, Sears, Meijer.Where Do y... 1 hr Reality Speaks 68
Worlds fastest growing religion is..... 1 hr Reality Speaks 246
Trump and Pence losing popularity 1 hr Reality Speaks 41
Middle Class will now be paying for the wall. 3 hr Shadow_Hunter 3
Jerry Sandusky’s Son Charged 3 hr They cannot kill ... 9
Does anyone know why Yolanda Harris is leaving ... 4 hr Ckm 123

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web