Tea Party is no more

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 8, 2012
In Tuesday's election, of 12 tea party representatives elected to Congress in 2010, 10 were defeated and Michele "Loon" Bachmann just barely retained her seat.

It's time to face the facts. Far-right wing conservatism is a psychological disease. It lives in fantasy, it does not work, and it is time for those who believe in it to change their ways.

Just like an alcoholic who keeps drinking, disaster is the only outcome.

It is time for an intervention, and those of us who have responsible ideas now have to do their best to get those who are in this irresponsible tea party to change.

No doubt, those tea-partiers who inhabit Topix will respond angrily. Denial of your condition is indeed the confirming action that you have this disease.

Your program DOES NOT WORK!!! The election repudiated you! There is no shame in realizing you need to change, that everything you believed in is wrong. You then need to take the next step and change your thinking.

Adherence to ideology is always a trip over the cliff. Pragmatic problem solving is the only thing that works on a consistent basis. Following any dogma is only another form of slavery. Some of you rant on and on about the need to constantly defend your personal freedom, all the while you are chained hand and foot to ideology and proudly defend it! Absolute zaniness!

Hopefully this message will get through to those of you who are so obviously in need of help. There are people who have demonstrated some degree of intelligence, but the full range is untapped because of this slavish devotion to a failed "philosophy". Others are simply too stupid, and proud of it, to be saved.

I write this post as an attempt to help those who so obviously need it, but are afraid of the consequences. Change is always hard, but it need not be feared. Come join the rest of responsible and competent society as we work to solve the very pressing problems that face this country, in a spirit of compromise and cooperation.

Cleavon Little

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Sterling's. Dumbest. Post. Ever.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 11, 2012
It is quite clear reading threads over the last several days that the wingnuts are unrepentant, that they will not change their ways. The loony conspiracy theories continue to be fomented, the denial of reality continues unabated.

Due to being vindicated at the polls, I will be scaling way back on comments on these boards. I am not going to waste any more time debating lunatics who revel in wallowing in their own bile. There is more to life than being P.O.'d all the time, you all want to rant and rave, have at it. I will still read threads and post from time to time, they are an addition to my reading of the Sunday comics, only not quite as funny. But when I need a little lift by seeing just how much worse all of you are in life, I will check in. I may even start some threads of a non-political nature.

So have at it, wingnuts, keep spouting your ridiculous points, your wacky conspiracy theories, your laughably and woefully inaccurate polls. I will be enjoying life. You all will continue to be the total losers you are.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#5 Nov 11, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
Sterling's. Dumbest. Post. Ever.
Your. Blind. Rage. Is. Hilarious.

Cleavon Little

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#6 Nov 11, 2012
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your. Blind. Rage. Is. Hilarious.
Not blind rage, wee man...determined resolve.
Oliver

Springfield, OH

#7 Nov 12, 2012
Kemosahbe wrote:
In Tuesday's election, of 12 tea party representatives elected to Congress in 2010, 10 were defeated and Michele "Loon" Bachmann just barely retained her seat.
It's time to face the facts. Far-right wing conservatism is a psychological disease. It lives in fantasy, it does not work, and it is time for those who believe in it to change their ways.
Just like an alcoholic who keeps drinking, disaster is the only outcome.
It is time for an intervention, and those of us who have responsible ideas now have to do their best to get those who are in this irresponsible tea party to change.
No doubt, those tea-partiers who inhabit Topix will respond angrily. Denial of your condition is indeed the confirming action that you have this disease.
Your program DOES NOT WORK!!! The election repudiated you! There is no shame in realizing you need to change, that everything you believed in is wrong. You then need to take the next step and change your thinking.
Adherence to ideology is always a trip over the cliff. Pragmatic problem solving is the only thing that works on a consistent basis. Following any dogma is only another form of slavery. Some of you rant on and on about the need to constantly defend your personal freedom, all the while you are chained hand and foot to ideology and proudly defend it! Absolute zaniness!
Hopefully this message will get through to those of you who are so obviously in need of help. There are people who have demonstrated some degree of intelligence, but the full range is untapped because of this slavish devotion to a failed "philosophy". Others are simply too stupid, and proud of it, to be saved.
I write this post as an attempt to help those who so obviously need it, but are afraid of the consequences. Change is always hard, but it need not be feared. Come join the rest of responsible and competent society as we work to solve the very pressing problems that face this country, in a spirit of compromise and cooperation.
History repudiates you, communism did not work in China or the Soviet Union and it will not work here.

At some point White Males will tire of having their wealth confiscated and your parasite base will collapse into Somalia, Haiti, Sudan, Zimbabwe or Detroit.
Karl

Brunswick, OH

#8 Nov 12, 2012
Oliver wrote:
<quoted text>
History repudiates you, communism did not work in China or the Soviet Union and it will not work here.
At some point White Males will tire of having their wealth confiscated and your parasite base will collapse into Somalia, Haiti, Sudan, Zimbabwe or Detroit.
Coming soon...
The South will rise again...

Look at whitehouse.gov petitions

I told you it would happen. Texas has 15K and growing demanding independence.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 12, 2012
The Dems are on the field all dressed for the game; but the ball is hocked at the pawn shop.

They will be playing with themselves.

Govt shutdown on the way; and the debt ceiling is the ceiling.

The great leadership in Washington has not informed the populace as to the 2013 tax rate.

Do you suppose that businesses all across the land are holding up on hiring?

wonder why?
Karl

Brunswick, OH

#10 Nov 12, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
The Dems are on the field all dressed for the game; but the ball is hocked at the pawn shop.
They will be playing with themselves.
Govt shutdown on the way; and the debt ceiling is the ceiling.
The great leadership in Washington has not informed the populace as to the 2013 tax rate.
Do you suppose that businesses all across the land are holding up on hiring?
wonder why?


Disco inferno...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary's speech.. 28 min UTrashy 103
Why the British left EU 52 min Zeeba 1
Tad Lincoln and Northeast Ohio 1 hr Meherewv 1
News Columbus man pleads guilty to trespassing and a... 1 hr UTrashy 10
Puffy's Roofing Nail Emporium 1 hr UTrashy 22
News Dalon Smoot 5 hr d pants 3
British vote to leave EU - Stock Markets rocked 5 hr d pants 17
Is Donald Trump Campaign Falling Apart? 13 hr Go Blue Forever 84
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages