Dangerous Wind Chills Continue, Snow Possible Tuesday Morning

Jan 27, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBNS

Your Doppler 10 Forecast This Evening: Cloudy skies with flurries. Low 12. Tonight: Snow likely after midnight.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
They cannot kill a Spook

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

It is winter aka "climate change to the idiots ". Cold and snow are normal. Bring on the cold and snow..

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

When's it REALLY going to get cold?
They cannot kill a Spook

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
When's it REALLY going to get cold?
It isn't too cold at my place now. Only minus 3 right now
d pantz

Converse, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Lmao! From Texas! Awwww! Its cold all the way down here too tomorrow! 27 degrees tomorrow night! At least it was 78 on Sunday. And I usually get home sick when I travel! Really though, everybody..... hope you stay safe and warm.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't too cold at my place now. Only minus 3 right now
When I worked outside in this rubbish, we knew we were going to battle with tools when it was 17 or less. It almost became a guideline of going. There was also another factor that drew the line...Wind. If I remember right, it was no more than 10mph at 20.
For the past few weeks I've been bailing out people I know with problems due to this cold streak. It has been one problem after the other in breakdowns, home repairs and business snags.
I can't wait until it gets over 32 to get stuff done on my schedule.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

Put on a hat and some mittens and go to school. Pansy society, it's cold, it's winter stop your kvetching. Closing schools yesterday and today silly. I am woman; walked my dog with no coat on this morning, not that bad, hear me roar.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

GlitterSucks wrote:
Put on a hat and some mittens and go to school. Pansy society, it's cold, it's winter stop your kvetching. Closing schools yesterday and today silly. I am woman; walked my dog with no coat on this morning, not that bad, hear me roar.
Hi Glitter, good to hear from you!
I wanted to ask you ....where are you from?
Wickliffe? If so, I used to live there when I was little.
Stay warm and fuzzy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Glitter, good to hear from you!
I wanted to ask you ....where are you from?
Wickliffe? If so, I used to live there when I was little.
Stay warm and fuzzy
Go Blue Devils.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Blue Devils.
YES!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

Kent schools were open yesterday, closed today.
11 below zero at 8:30 this morning. No rational reason to send kids, especially the ones that walk, to school today.

Brrrr.

woof

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

GlitterSucks wrote:
Hi Glitter. Back in the day, 1970's, there had to be more than a foot of snow on the ground before they closed schools. These wimps now freak out over 2 inches. These news channels now act like it's the end of the world every time it snows. I have 7 below here right now with 2 feet on the ground and at least 3 foot drifts all over.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

People too stupid to respect the weather deserve all the weather-related Darwinian misfortune that comes their way.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.html...

Columbus makes national weather news

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Glitter. Back in the day, 1970's, there had to be more than a foot of snow on the ground before they closed schools. These wimps now freak out over 2 inches. These news channels now act like it's the end of the world every time it snows. I have 7 below here right now with 2 feet on the ground and at least 3 foot drifts all over.
True Dave. If there is a cloud in the sky...egad. I got up yesterday and when I saw LG's school closed looked out the window, nothing to warrant that. School closed again today, huh? Big whip, it's cold, bundle up.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>True Dave. If there is a cloud in the sky...egad. I got up yesterday and when I saw LG's school closed looked out the window, nothing to warrant that. School closed again today, huh? Big whip, it's cold, bundle up.
Ah, yes! Another harty Lass! Let the winter wind whips, we're made of sturdier stuff!

I was just mentioning our long ago cat fight over Dave on another thread. Then thought how ironic it was to call it a 'cat' fight. Good to hear from you, Glit.
They cannot kill a Spook

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

GlitterSucks wrote:
Was the skunk chasing you again? That would be funny to see a snow frosted skunk chasing you and your dog.
They cannot kill a Spook

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
11 below zero at 8:30 this morning. No rational reason to send kids, especially the ones that walk, to school today.
Brrrr.
woof
I was out checking wells last night. It did not hurt me. Those kids should have coats gloves and insulated boots. If not then their parents should be stripped and tossed into a snow bank and then sprayed with water.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Duke for Mayor wrote:
Brrrr.
woof
all the more reason to close schools winter months, and have online classes via Skype or such.

No rational reason to pay for closed buildings, and continuation of groundskeeping when nobody is there.

What about the argument kids starve without school breakfast and lunch? How will they survive a school closing?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
all the more reason to close schools winter months, and have online classes via Skype or such.
No rational reason to pay for closed buildings, and continuation of groundskeeping when nobody is there.
What about the argument kids starve without school breakfast and lunch? How will they survive a school closing?
Some jurisdictions are adding dinner to the "free" menu.
Bunkbeds are sure to be next.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they'll have to break out the blizzard bags AKA Mt. Dew and Twinkies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min ino 29,386
Do You Agree With GOP Plan To Abolish Social Se... 35 min d pantz 22
palin: americans will support impeachment if...... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 42
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 1 hr Duke for Mayor 16
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 2 hr Curmudgeon 844
Franklin County Looking At Probation Officer Co... 3 hr They cannot kill a Spook 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Neutral Party 2,916
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••