Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/13/world/europ...

"But perhaps the most important ingredient is the dehumanization of the victims, said David Livingstone Smith, professor of philosophy at the University of New England and author of “Less Than Human: Why We Demean, Enslave, and Exterminate Others.”

“Thinking about your enemies in subhuman categories is a way of creating a mental distance, of excluding them from the human family,” he said.“It makes murder not just permissive but obligatory. We should kill vermin or predators.”"

woof

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning, Duke
Violence concerning religion has gone on since the beginning of time, unfortunately.
If only we can just respect others beliefs and move on.
Sadly, some religions, by some groups, are misinterpreted to suit one's own agenda, imposing havoc on those who don't comply with their beliefs.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
Good Morning, Duke
Violence concerning religion has gone on since the beginning of time, unfortunately.
Sadly, some religions, by some groups, are misinterpreted to suit one's own agenda, imposing havoc on those who don't comply with their beliefs.
Good Morning BB

woof
They cannot kill a Spook

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10 /13/world/europe/behind-flurry -of-killing-potency-of-hate.ht ml?hp&_r=0
"But perhaps the most important ingredient is the dehumanization of the victims, said David Livingstone Smith, professor of philosophy at the University of New England and author of “Less Than Human: Why We Demean, Enslave, and Exterminate Others.”
“Thinking about your enemies in subhuman categories is a way of creating a mental distance, of excluding them from the human family,” he said.“It makes murder not just permissive but obligatory. We should kill vermin or predators.”"
woof
I don't always dehumanize enemies. Sometimes it is them or me ( or mine ) and I always choose me and mine. Now when it comes to skinnys or beaners they are defective, no need to polish a turd just flush it.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
Good Morning, Duke
Except for "Muzzies" and their rugs, right? No respect for them.
Team Watch

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You said muzzles and no respect, not me.
I said SOME, didn't I?
I don't use those slurs, and you know it.
And a good morning to you too, Che
They cannot kill a Spook

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Team Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
I said SOME, didn't I?
Two names?
Good sfternoon
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Team Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
I said SOME, didn't I?
Yes you do, "Team Watch." You had an entire thread devoted to slurring every single Muslim on the Earth.
Infidel

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

I guess when Muslims do it its ok...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

BTw, the comments at the end of the NYT article are quite interesting reading.

Happy Sunday, all.

woof

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally don't the slightest problem with rugs Neville.

Islamic Fundamentalists? err yep now there is a problem.

Neville Chamberlain 30 September, 1938

"My good friends, for the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour.
I believe it is peace for our time...
Go home and get a nice quiet sleep."

see Winston Churchill's response below
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nuke Mecca

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you do, "Team Watch." You had an entire thread devoted to slurring every single Muslim on the Earth.
And?

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Comment #1, from a shrink:

"I might add that most therapists are much more comfortable doing therapy with victims. But if we take seriously the goal of preventing violence, we should devote as much energy to perpetrators as to victims."

Yep. So is Dukie telling us these extremist Muzzies need heavy duty meds or that we need to extra vigilant with extremists and do as Churchill states: learn to say the word NO?

"Alexander the Great remarked that the people of Asia were slaves because they had not learned to pronounce the word "No." "
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
"I might add that most therapists are much more comfortable doing therapy with victims. But if we take seriously the goal of preventing violence, we should devote as much energy to perpetrators as to victims."
Yep. So is Dukie telling us these extremist Muzzies need heavy duty meds or that we need to extra vigilant with extremists and do as Churchill states: learn to say the word NO?
"Alexander the Great remarked that the people of Asia were slaves because they had not learned to pronounce the word "No." "
What do we need to say "No" to that we haven't already?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
I said the comments were interesting reading.

That's what I said. I believe there are over 267 comments attached to that article as of this moment, yet you latch on to one in particular and attempt to ascribe it as being something I would agree with.

Very Interesting tactic you have there.

woof

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What do we need to say "No" to that we haven't already?
http://rt.com/usa/obama-terrorist-arms-supply...

Yes...... we can: Obama waives anti-terrorism provisions to arm Syrian rebels

The Obama administration waived provisions of a federal law which ban the supply of weapons and money to terrorists. The move is opening doors to supplying Syrian opposition with protection from chemical weapons.

The Arms Export Control Act (AECA) allows the US president to waive provisions in Sections 40 and 40A, which forbid providing munitions, credit and licenses to countries supporting acts of terrorism. But those prohibitions can be waived "if the President determines that the transaction is essential to the national security interests of the United States."

The Syrian opposition groups are increasingly dominated by radical Islamists, many of them foreign fighters who, the UN says, are involved in numerous crimes committed in Syria. According to estimates of defense consultancy IHS Jane's, more than a half of the forces fighting to topple President Bashar Assad government are jihadists. The US explicitly listed Al-Nusra Front, a powerful Al-Qaeda-linked part of the Syrian opposition, as a terrorist organization.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
Not to mention the fact that you have completely misconstrued that comment that you are referring to in the NYT.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Yep, those comments sure are interesting:

"The fact that there is not more of this kind of grievance-based violence may be related to the fact that the West has, generally, been wealthy enough to buy off and avert a lot of the most savage kinds of conflict."

Yep. So, there ya go. The extremist Muzzies are pretty savage and yep, we have been thus far fortunate enough to figure a way to afford (not just money-wise) to keep that sheet off our shores.

"I will thank you to not decide what is inside every human heart and I especially thank you to not go seeking out a murderer to define renewal or spirit simply because he wrote a book."

I loved this quote.

"I have been in civil war and also at the bedside of many a hospice patient and I declare that not every person is capable of murder--and there is nothing exceptional about the cowardly act of closing your eyes and pulling a trigger. "

"In fact, a psychologist once wrote about the great phenomena of soldiers in their first battle, who found out that the greatest fear is not being killed, but having to kill someone else."

Yep. When one is in a situation of "fight or flee," there is nothing exceptional about either fighting (killing) or fleeing. One must, in an instant, weight the odds of survival. We're hoping to not put ourselves into that position of have to decide between flight or flee on our own shores.

"Yes, we "exceptional" white, Christian Americans are fully capable of such heinous crimes. During our far less violent days of conflict, the anti-war protests of the 1960s and early 1970s, I was arrested and jailed during a peaceful, sit-down protest next to the university in Santa Barbara (we were then expressing our dissent over a 7:00 PM curfew imposed by authorities as a result of demonstrations over the killings at Kent State)."

Yep. There ya go, here's the crux of the matter for you, Dukie. Don't think that poster doesn't exemplify where you're going? You want to kick the basic values of this country in the nads. And yet, you and I still live in a society where we don't have to worry too much (yet) about some whacked out extremists telling us we need to be a specific religion or race or else we're dead.

Bite me, Dukie. I'll be happy to bill ya for the medical expenses and get the dog warden out after the mutt.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
http://rt.com/usa/obama-terrorist-arms-supply...
Yes...... we can: Obama waives anti-terrorism provisions to arm Syrian rebels
The Obama administration waived provisions of a federal law which ban the supply of weapons and money to terrorists. The move is opening doors to supplying Syrian opposition with protection from chemical weapons.
The Arms Export Control Act (AECA) allows the US president to waive provisions in Sections 40 and 40A, which forbid providing munitions, credit and licenses to countries supporting acts of terrorism. But those prohibitions can be waived "if the President determines that the transaction is essential to the national security interests of the United States."
The Syrian opposition groups are increasingly dominated by radical Islamists, many of them foreign fighters who, the UN says, are involved in numerous crimes committed in Syria. According to estimates of defense consultancy IHS Jane's, more than a half of the forces fighting to topple President Bashar Assad government are jihadists. The US explicitly listed Al-Nusra Front, a powerful Al-Qaeda-linked part of the Syrian opposition, as a terrorist organization.
Arming Syrian rebels was approved by the House Intelligence Committee. Did you have a point?

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Arming Syrian rebels was approved by the House Intelligence Committee. Did you have a point?
hmmmm
I would have thought my post and point would have been self evident.

I apologize for giving you credit for intellect you where not due.

That being said, the "house committee on intelligence" should have said no as well. NO of course is the operative word in your post that I responded to.

Obama however, waived the enforcement of the law.

Of course maybe you think arming Al-Qaeda and friends is a great idea. Obviously our POTUS seems to like the idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 25 min They cannot kill a Spook 29,372
Man arrested by Columbus task force in connecti... 29 min They cannot kill a Spook 3
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 32 min They cannot kill a Spook 7
Do You Agree With GOP Plan To Abolish Social Se... 1 hr Curmudgeon 12
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 2 hr Fail 2,223
Trump Says Obama "Biggest Liar I Know" 4 hr Flapjack Joe 6
2 men die in shooting at Columbus home 4 hr Big Johnson 5
palin: americans will support impeachment if...... 5 hr Black Rhino 38
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 23 hr Concerned Brother 840
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••