Labor Force Down Every Month Under Obama

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Jun 9, 2014
6 yrs going....so evident that was always the plan: to destroy America economically.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/145650-every-...

This is the labor force participation rate. If that sounds like a technical term that only economists would care about, that’s a mistake. It’s the percentage of the labor force that is actually working.

As Doug Ross points out on his blog, adjust for seasonality and look down the columns for each month, while paying special attention to 2009. Look closely.

Did you catch that? Not a single time under President Obama have they ever gone up year-on-year for any given month.

What does this mean? It means that as the unemployment rate has steadily dwindled to the still historically high 6.3%, none of that has to do with more people as a percentage of the population finding employment.

Why does this threaten America? As more people retire and the national debt continues to approach $20 trillion, then both the demand for more social services increases and the burden on those still willing to work goes up.

On everything from subsidies for Obamacare to food stamps to Medicare and Medicaid all the way down the line, the bill keeps getting bigger, and the percentage of Americans willing and able to pay it keeps getting smaller.

No wonder America’s economic growth is declining. When the labor force participation rate declines, it’s like a vice that squeezes America’s finances. There’s also a huge difference with the fictional “Obama recovery” and Reagan’s market-based recovery.

Under President Reagan, the unemployment rate, economic growth and labor participation rates improved, while under President Obama, superficial improvements in the unemployment rate have come about at the expense of the labor force participation rate and economic growth.

In other words, the unemployment rate is almost meaningless to tell the real story: President Obama is growing the already massive welfare state, while millions of Americans are no longer providing the means to support it.

Remember when the White House said that Obamacare causing 2.5 million to leave the workforce would be a good thing because they would no longer be “trapped in a job“? Have a nice day.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 9, 2014
-tip- wrote:
6 yrs going....so evident that was always the plan: to destroy America economically.
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/145650-every-...
This is the labor force participation rate. If that sounds like a technical term that only economists would care about, that’s a mistake. It’s the percentage of the labor force that is actually working.
As Doug Ross points out on his blog, adjust for seasonality and look down the columns for each month, while paying special attention to 2009. Look closely.
Did you catch that? Not a single time under President Obama have they ever gone up year-on-year for any given month.
What does this mean? It means that as the unemployment rate has steadily dwindled to the still historically high 6.3%, none of that has to do with more people as a percentage of the population finding employment.
Why does this threaten America? As more people retire and the national debt continues to approach $20 trillion, then both the demand for more social services increases and the burden on those still willing to work goes up.
On everything from subsidies for Obamacare to food stamps to Medicare and Medicaid all the way down the line, the bill keeps getting bigger, and the percentage of Americans willing and able to pay it keeps getting smaller.
No wonder America’s economic growth is declining. When the labor force participation rate declines, it’s like a vice that squeezes America’s finances. There’s also a huge difference with the fictional “Obama recovery” and Reagan’s market-based recovery.
Under President Reagan, the unemployment rate, economic growth and labor participation rates improved, while under President Obama, superficial improvements in the unemployment rate have come about at the expense of the labor force participation rate and economic growth.
In other words, the unemployment rate is almost meaningless to tell the real story: President Obama is growing the already massive welfare state, while millions of Americans are no longer providing the means to support it.
Remember when the White House said that Obamacare causing 2.5 million to leave the workforce would be a good thing because they would no longer be “trapped in a job“? Have a nice day.
Copy. Paste. Cry. Repeat.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Jun 9, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy. Paste. Cry. Repeat.
Grill. Wrap. Serve. Repeat.

You go, wee lad.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-mcdonalds-...
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 9, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Grill. Wrap. Serve. Repeat.
You go, wee lad.
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-mcdonalds-...
That makes no sense. What are you talking about, Needledick?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Jun 9, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense. What are you talking about, Needledick?
Put your half-brain together with che's half.
And perhaps the two of you will figure it out.
Then again, I'm an optimist.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 9, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense. What are you talking about, Needledick?
it was quite funny, and obvious it is over your head.

go play with yourself
d pantz

Detroit, MI

#7 Jun 9, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy. Paste. Cry. Repeat.
Says the 4 word wonder. Guess what big tool box? Wages are down too and the dollar is worth less. http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/incomes-hav...
d pantz

Detroit, MI

#8 Jun 9, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense. What are you talking about, Needledick?
How are you paying offthat student loan, bumbaclot? Not smart enough to run the grill?
d pantz

Detroit, MI

#9 Jun 9, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Grill. Wrap. Serve. Repeat.
You go, wee lad.
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-mcdonalds-...
They skip the part about how the patties are made out of pink slime!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 min tranpsosition 31,496
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 32 min Neutral Party 3,562
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 5 hr Old Timer 960
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 6 hr d pantz 90
Marion Woman Sentenced To 5 Years For Taking Sh... 7 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 7 hr -The-Artist- 57
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 7 hr They cannot kill ... 317
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 14 hr Duke for Mayor 385

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]