http://tinyurl.com/bqemz75
Self-portrait?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#145 Mar 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus is dependent on oxygen exchange through the placenta. A fetus that is not viable never takes a breath. So, how do these fetuses reamin alive for hours?
You have no clue about the topic of this thread either, do you?
Feigning ignorance is, after all, the #1 Prog ploy.

Location hidden

#146 Mar 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-portrait?
Geez...you can't follow any discussion, can you?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#147 Mar 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue about the topic of this thread either, do you?
Feigning ignorance is, after all, the #1 Prog ploy.
Whereas the Regressives are genuinely ignorant, is that it?

But--you haven't answered my question--what do you want medical practitioners to do with non-viable aborted fetuses?

But yes--I know what the topic of this thead is. It is some 5 year old propaganda reporting that was done prior to the 2008 Presidential election. I checked into it then, which is how I have an idea what the Illinois law already included a the time Obama is being accused of being in favor of stuff that was already illegal.

Our friend imagine from Mississippi posted it and then went away, likely believing that she was on some errand of mercy.

Location hidden

#148 Mar 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Whereas the Regressives are genuinely ignorant, is that it?
But--you haven't answered my question--what do you want medical practitioners to do with non-viable aborted fetuses?
But yes--I know what the topic of this thead is. It is some 5 year old propaganda reporting that was done prior to the 2008 Presidential election. I checked into it then, which is how I have an idea what the Illinois law already included a the time Obama is being accused of being in favor of stuff that was already illegal.
Our friend imagine from Mississippi posted it and then went away, likely believing that she was on some errand of mercy.
The "non-viable aborted fetuses" of which we are speaking are premature babies born alive as a result of attempted [i.e., "failed"] abortion.

At that point, the woman has received her desired result: termination of her pregnancy.

Why then must her live baby be left to die alone? Or worse, be smothered, stabbed or otherwise promptly killed by an abortionist?

And please don't pretend that these events do not happen.

There are multiple known cases, including the current high-profile case of late-term abortionist Kermit Gosnell.

Anyone striving to end these atrocities is on an errand of mercy.

Location hidden

#149 Mar 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The "non-viable aborted fetuses" of which we are speaking are premature babies born alive as a result of attempted [i.e., "failed"] abortion.
At that point, the woman has received her desired result: termination of her pregnancy.
Why then must her live baby be left to die alone? Or worse, be smothered, stabbed or otherwise promptly killed by an abortionist?
And please don't pretend that these events do not happen.
There are multiple known cases, including the current high-profile case of late-term abortionist Kermit Gosnell.
Anyone striving to end these atrocities is on an errand of mercy.
Again, tip, what would you have medical practitioners do to or with non-viable aborted fetuses?

And by the way--attempting to equate Gosnell with licensed practitioners following the law is a desperate reach.

Location hidden

#150 Mar 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, tip, what would you have medical practitioners do to or with non-viable aborted fetuses?
And by the way--attempting to equate Gosnell with licensed practitioners following the law is a desperate reach.
Sister "Christian," that you are unable or unwilling to articulate what care should be offered to breathing, premature babies struggling to survive reveals much about you.

By the way, the point you miss entirely is that the Gosnell case itself reveals that abortionists can fly under the radar -- and be protected by the NAF.

Consider:

Upon entering the building, investigators were hit by the stench of cat urine and the sight of drugged and moaning women lying on blood-stained blankets. Flea-ridden cats defecated freely on the bloodied floors.

The abortion equipment itself was broken, dirty, and rusty; downstairs, the dismembered remains of newborn and nearly-born children were stuffed into jars, bags, milk jugs, and cat food containers. Others shared space in a refrigerator-freezer with employees’ lunches.

This, according to a description by the Philadelphia Inquirer this week, was the scene that met Philadelphia police investigators last February when raiding abortionist Kermit Gosnell’s late-term abortion clinic – dubbed the “House of Horrors.” Upon returning, the investigators wore hazmat suits.

But -- JUST TWO MONTHS BEFORE -- according to a Grand Jury report released this week, an inspector for the National Abortion Federation (NAF) walked into the same clinic to vet the facility for inclusion in the federation. While clinic workers testified that Gosnell cleaned up for the inspection, the NAF representative nonetheless recalled being appalled by the vastly inadequate treatment provided there.

But despite witnessing numerous violations of basic standards of care, the inspector never reported Gosnell -- who was arrested this week and charged with 8 murders -- to authorities.

The inspector, watching a few first-trimester procedures in Gosnell’s clinic,“noticed that no one was monitoring or taking vital signs of patients who were sedated during procedures,” wrote the jurors.“She asked Gosnell about the pulse oximeter that should have been used for monitoring, but he told her it was broken. Apparently, Karnamaya Mongar’s death a month earlier had not caused Gosnell to obtain equipment that worked.”

The NAF can attempt to distance itself from Gosnell by claiming it did not certify his particular clinic, but the facts reveal that Gosnell was not even certified in gynecology or obstetrics -- and never certified to perform abortions --

"He does not know how to do an abortion," Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore said. "Once he got them there, he saw dollar signs and did abortions that other people wouldn't do."

BUT...according to p. 41 of the Grand Jury Report, Gosnell worked one day a week at Atlantic Women's Services -- an abortion clinic in Delaware which IS certified by the NAF (the NAF page calls it Atlantic Women's Medical Center).

That's illegal.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#151 Mar 6, 2013
Let's hear it for Arkansas!

Arkansas adopts US's most restrictive abortion law

LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP)-- Arkansas lawmakers overrode a veto Wednesday and gave the state the most restrictive abortion law in the country - a near-ban on the procedure from the 12th week of pregnancy onward that is certain to end up in court.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_XGR...

Location hidden

#152 Mar 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sister "Christian," that you are unable or unwilling to articulate what care should be offered to breathing, premature babies struggling to survive reveals much about you.
Sorry, tip, by anybody's definition a breathing premature baby is NOT the same thing as a non-viable aborted fetus.

Quit changing the subject.

What is it that you want medical practitioners to do with/for non-viable aborted fetuses?

Location hidden

#153 Mar 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, the point you miss entirely is that the Gosnell case itself reveals that abortionists can fly under the radar -- and be protected by the NAF.
Consider:
Upon entering the building, investigators were hit by the stench of cat urine and the sight of drugged and moaning women lying on blood-stained blankets. Flea-ridden cats defecated freely on the bloodied floors.
The abortion equipment itself was broken, dirty, and rusty; downstairs, the dismembered remains of newborn and nearly-born children were stuffed into jars, bags, milk jugs, and cat food containers. Others shared space in a refrigerator-freezer with employees’ lunches.
This, according to a description by the Philadelphia Inquirer this week, was the scene that met Philadelphia police investigators last February when raiding abortionist Kermit Gosnell’s late-term abortion clinic – dubbed the “House of Horrors.” Upon returning, the investigators wore hazmat suits.
But -- JUST TWO MONTHS BEFORE -- according to a Grand Jury report released this week, an inspector for the National Abortion Federation (NAF) walked into the same clinic to vet the facility for inclusion in the federation. While clinic workers testified that Gosnell cleaned up for the inspection, the NAF representative nonetheless recalled being appalled by the vastly inadequate treatment provided there.
But despite witnessing numerous violations of basic standards of care, the inspector never reported Gosnell -- who was arrested this week and charged with 8 murders -- to authorities.
The inspector, watching a few first-trimester procedures in Gosnell’s clinic,“noticed that no one was monitoring or taking vital signs of patients who were sedated during procedures,” wrote the jurors.“She asked Gosnell about the pulse oximeter that should have been used for monitoring, but he told her it was broken. Apparently, Karnamaya Mongar’s death a month earlier had not caused Gosnell to obtain equipment that worked.”
The NAF can attempt to distance itself from Gosnell by claiming it did not certify his particular clinic, but the facts reveal that Gosnell was not even certified in gynecology or obstetrics -- and never certified to perform abortions --
"He does not know how to do an abortion," Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore said. "Once he got them there, he saw dollar signs and did abortions that other people wouldn't do."
BUT...according to p. 41 of the Grand Jury Report, Gosnell worked one day a week at Atlantic Women's Services -- an abortion clinic in Delaware which IS certified by the NAF (the NAF page calls it Atlantic Women's Medical Center).
That's illegal.
BTW--Mr. Gosnell is charged with multiple counts of murder of viable infants and pregnant women--under existing law.

The great fear that many have is a return to the pre-Roe days when people like Mr. Gosnell were lurking--sans regulation--behind many doors, shrouded in the secrecy surrounding ALL abortion.

Clean, safe, legal, rare. These are worthy goals.

Location hidden

#154 Mar 6, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
Let's hear it for Arkansas!
Arkansas adopts US's most restrictive abortion law
LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP)-- Arkansas lawmakers overrode a veto Wednesday and gave the state the most restrictive abortion law in the country - a near-ban on the procedure from the 12th week of pregnancy onward that is certain to end up in court.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_XGR...
Yes, I believe it was vetoed because it is so certainly un-Constitutional. Now the state will have to waste money defending it.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#155 Mar 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe it was vetoed because it is so certainly un-Constitutional. Now the state will have to waste money defending it.
It was vetoed because the governor is a Democrat.

Location hidden

#156 Mar 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, tip, by anybody's definition a breathing premature baby is NOT the same thing as a non-viable aborted fetus.
Quit changing the subject.
What is it that you want medical practitioners to do with/for non-viable aborted fetuses?
If anyone doesn't know the subject of this thread, it's clearly you.
I suggest you return to the first post.

If anything, your continued "non-viable aborted fetus" jargon is an attempt to change the subject.

Why? Because to any rational American -- and particularly, a self-professed "Christian" -- the idea of live babies being left alone to die is just to horrible to imagine.

But you continue to pretend it doesn't happen often and never happens at "certified" clinics and hospitals, OK?

You continue in your pro-abortion fantasyland where unwanted babies [not really "babies" -- wink-wink] may be ripped from their mothers' wombs -- and while surviving alive -- may be discarded with the medical waste.

Because that's what Sophia.
Or Gaia.
Or whatever the hell you worship would do.

Location hidden

#157 Mar 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone doesn't know the subject of this thread, it's clearly you.
I suggest you return to the first post.
If anything, your continued "non-viable aborted fetus" jargon is an attempt to change the subject.
Why? Because to any rational American -- and particularly, a self-professed "Christian" -- the idea of live babies being left alone to die is just to horrible to imagine.
But you continue to pretend it doesn't happen often and never happens at "certified" clinics and hospitals, OK?
You continue in your pro-abortion fantasyland where unwanted babies [not really "babies" -- wink-wink] may be ripped from their mothers' wombs -- and while surviving alive -- may be discarded with the medical waste.
Because that's what Sophia.
Or Gaia.
Or whatever the hell you worship would do.
Tip--the nurse referenced was clearly talking about non-viable fetuses.

You keep jabbering on as if medical care can transform a non-viable fetus into a living, breathing VIABLE baby. This is why I keep asking you the question that you keep refusing to answer. What is it that you want medical personnel to do with/for non-viable aborted fetuses?

Location hidden

#158 Mar 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Tip--the nurse referenced was clearly talking about non-viable fetuses.
You keep jabbering on as if medical care can transform a non-viable fetus into a living, breathing VIABLE baby. This is why I keep asking you the question that you keep refusing to answer. What is it that you want medical personnel to do with/for non-viable aborted fetuses?
Just as there are variations in birth weight among babies, there are variations in viability -- as has been documented within this thread.

A living, breathing baby is an indication of potential viability.
You, however, would prefer that a clinician declare the child "non-viable" and discard with the medical waste.

I get it, Reader. Really, I do.
You are a vile human being.

Location hidden

#159 Mar 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider:
Consider this (from wiki):

The grand jury report noted, the medical examiner of Delaware County alerted the Pennsylvania Department of Health that Gosnell had performed an illegal abortion on a 14-year-old who was thirty weeks pregnant.[13]

The Pennsylvania Department of Health did nothing when they became aware Karnamaya Mongar’s death at Gosnell’s hands.[13]

Brenda Green, executive director of CHOICE, a nonprofit that connects the underinsured and uninsured with health services, told Katha Pollitt of the Nation that "it tried to report complaints from clients, but the department wouldn’t accept them from a third party. Instead, the patients had to fill out a daunting five-page form, available only in English, that required them to reveal their identities upfront and be available to testify in Harrisburg. Even with CHOICE staffers there to help, only two women agreed to fill out the form, and both decided not to submit it. The Department of State and the Philadelphia Public Health Department also had ample warning of dire conditions and took no action."

The problem doesn't appear to be the laws, but the lack of enforcement.

And, btw--I believe the man's trial is still pending. So, I'm certain that you will be consistent with your beliefs and await the outcome, corrct?

Location hidden

#160 Mar 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as there are variations in birth weight among babies, there are variations in viability -- as has been documented within this thread.
You, however, would prefer that a clinician declare the child "non-viable" and discard with the medical waste.
A living, breathing baby is not the same thing as a non-viable aborted fetus. No matter how many times you try to make it so.

But, since you keep insisting--what is it that you believe medical personnel can do (and must do) to transform a non-viable aborted fetus into a living, breathing baby?

Location hidden

#161 Mar 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW--a living breathing baby is not an indication of POTENTIAL viability. A living breathing baby is in fact VIABLE!

Location hidden

#162 Mar 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider this (from wiki):
The grand jury report noted, the medical examiner of Delaware County alerted the Pennsylvania Department of Health that Gosnell had performed an illegal abortion on a 14-year-old who was thirty weeks pregnant.[13]
The Pennsylvania Department of Health did nothing when they became aware Karnamaya Mongar’s death at Gosnell’s hands.[13]
Brenda Green, executive director of CHOICE, a nonprofit that connects the underinsured and uninsured with health services, told Katha Pollitt of the Nation that "it tried to report complaints from clients, but the department wouldn’t accept them from a third party. Instead, the patients had to fill out a daunting five-page form, available only in English, that required them to reveal their identities upfront and be available to testify in Harrisburg. Even with CHOICE staffers there to help, only two women agreed to fill out the form, and both decided not to submit it. The Department of State and the Philadelphia Public Health Department also had ample warning of dire conditions and took no action."
The problem doesn't appear to be the laws, but the lack of enforcement.
And, btw--I believe the man's trial is still pending. So, I'm certain that you will be consistent with your beliefs and await the outcome, corrct?
Worthless distraction from a pro-abort.

The National Abortion Federation had cleared Gosnell's clinic just two months prior to his arrest -- in spite of its unsanitary, illegal operations -- and Gosnell was employed by a NAF clinic while, all while unlicensed.

You pro-aborts own him.

Location hidden

#163 Mar 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW--a living breathing baby is not an indication of POTENTIAL viability. A living breathing baby is in fact VIABLE!
Really? Then, how can you defend Obama?

http://tinyurl.com/8pubzn2

"...Illinois law has rules — loophole-ridden rules, but rules — requiring treatment of babies who have “sustainable survivability.” If an attempted abortion of a pre-viable fetus results in a live birth, the law did not protect the infant..."

What do you not understand about "live birth"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio High School cancels Muslim Day celebration... 24 min Reality Speaks 48
Will Bruce Jenner now be allowed to use the wom... 27 min Reality Speaks 20
Photos of Bruce Jenner in a dress released 31 min Big Johnson 4
American Sniper cancelled again because of Musl... 32 min They cannot kill ... 45
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 33 min Reality Speaks 6,196
When Obama gets to Heaven will he be a Muslim o... 37 min Reality Speaks 108
ted cruz 2016 (Oct '13) 51 min Bushido Brown 168
BizzyBee HAS LEFT THIS FORUM…..FOR GOOD! 1 hr Reality Speaks 80
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]