Obama: Premature Babies Aren’t People

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#83 Mar 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
if you require a link to understand live birth, there is no hope for you.
No matter where you live, the definition of live birth is the same.
Fact....many babies aborted, could be born on same day with a different surgery.
what you require a machine to translate, is common knowledge to everyone.
The ability to identify death from life must just be over your head.
Two quick points!

-The legal definition of live birth does vary from country to country, as WW and George will help attest.

-Machine translation is a computer aided translation tool used to make rough translations of the target language available to non native speakers. As I've included a Japanese language resource and am fairly sure there are no other Japanese speakers in this discussion, I recommend its use.

If you have any further questions, I'll be here for another little bit and then it's off to a meeting with the cake decorator!

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#84 Mar 5, 2013
Sorry, an example of a machine translation tool might help.

http://translate.google.com/ is a great one (which is to say, good for machine translation, it's not an especially effective way to get a quality translation)
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#85 Mar 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact....many babies aborted, could be born on same day with a different surgery.
Interesting assertion. Of course the word "many" leaves a lot of room for interpretation. I would be interested in reading the source you based that claim on.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86 Mar 5, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any news or medical articles on this?
The medical articles I've been able to access show the youngest outlier as the same one listed in your second link. If you've got academic journal access (if you went to university, you may have this as a graduate of your school!) I can pop you the links to some articles on viability and outcomes!
Not that an antichoice activist claiming his files are 'totes full of cases that don't make the news' isn't an interesting source!
Willke provides the names of each child and the local news publication wherein their birth was published. Nevertheless, even if it is generally accepted that the youngest surviving premature baby was born a week later -- at 21 wks -- that fact should cause you pro-aborts serious pause, considering that abortions in the U.S. are, in fact, thanks to Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton, legal through the third trimester.

More importantly, "viability"[an ever-changing label] does not confer humanity.
And, in fact, pro-abortion philosophers Peter Singer and Helga Kuhse concur:

"The pro-life groups are right about one thing: the location of the baby inside or outside the womb cannot make such a crucial moral difference. We cannot coherently hold that it is all right to kill a fetus a week before birth, but as soon as the baby is born everything must be done to keep it alive."

But:

"Moral issues are always terribly complex for someone without principles."

– G. K. Chesterton
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#87 Mar 5, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Willke provides the names of each child and the local news publication wherein their birth was published. Nevertheless, even if it is generally accepted that the youngest surviving premature baby was born a week later -- at 21 wks -- that fact should cause you pro-aborts serious pause, considering that abortions in the U.S. are, in fact, thanks to Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton, legal through the third trimester.
More importantly, "viability"[an ever-changing label] does not confer humanity.
And, in fact, pro-abortion philosophers Peter Singer and Helga Kuhse concur:
"The pro-life groups are right about one thing: the location of the baby inside or outside the womb cannot make such a crucial moral difference. We cannot coherently hold that it is all right to kill a fetus a week before birth, but as soon as the baby is born everything must be done to keep it alive."
But:
"Moral issues are always terribly complex for someone without principles."
– G. K. Chesterton
Are you sure that "abortions in the U.S. are, in fact, thanks to Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton, legal through the third trimester?"

Location hidden

#88 Mar 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure that "abortions in the U.S. are, in fact, thanks to Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton, legal through the third trimester?"
Absolutely. Shouldn't you know this fact, counselor?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#89 Mar 5, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. Shouldn't you know this fact, counselor?
Aren't there some rather severe restrictions on late term abortions?

Location hidden

#90 Mar 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't there some rather severe restrictions on late term abortions?
Again, shouldn't you know these details, counselor?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#92 Mar 5, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, shouldn't you know these details, counselor?
I do. Shouldn't you, as well, before you offer the impression that abortion on demand is legal up until the moment before delivery?

Since: Feb 13

Lacchiarella, Italy

#93 Mar 5, 2013
please i need some one who can give me a loan to repay back after sometime with any interest rate. please me via my email address [email protected]

Location hidden

#94 Mar 5, 2013
bisojones wrote:
please i need some one who can give me a loan to repay back after sometime with any interest rate. please me via my email address [email protected]

His Excellency Barack Hussein Obama
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C.

*Loan repayment unnecessary.

Location hidden

#95 Mar 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. Shouldn't you, as well, before you offer the impression that abortion on demand is legal up until the moment before delivery?
Abortion on demand, with physician consent alleging harm to the "health" of the mother, is absolutely legal through the third trimester in the U.S.

And a broadly-defined "health" it is...according to Justice Harry Blackmun's majority opinion, a woman's health includes her "physical, emotional, psychological,(and) familial" well-being, and should include considerations about the woman's age. "All these factors may relate to health," Blackmun argued, so as to give "the attending physician the room he needs to make his best medical judgment."

If a mother is emotionally upset by her pregnancy during the third trimester, her physician may legally abort.
Turk 182

Oxford, OH

#96 Mar 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
US constitution don't say nothin''bout birthin' babies, Miss Scarlett.

- Prissy, aka Butterfly McQueen in Gone with the Blowhards.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#97 Mar 5, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion on demand, with physician consent alleging harm to the "health" of the mother, is absolutely legal through the third trimester in the U.S.
And a broadly-defined "health" it is...according to Justice Harry Blackmun's majority opinion, a woman's health includes her "physical, emotional, psychological,(and) familial" well-being, and should include considerations about the woman's age. "All these factors may relate to health," Blackmun argued, so as to give "the attending physician the room he needs to make his best medical judgment."
If a mother is emotionally upset by her pregnancy during the third trimester, her physician may legally abort.
I can't wait to see your support for your claim of late term abortions occuring because of the mother being "upset."
wondering

Pinola, MS

#98 Mar 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
then if you want prenatal care you need to pay for it.
is this child also going to increase the size of the mothers monthly government assistance check?
So am I to understand that it is in the best interest of society, that the mother receive the best care available at no charge, to assure a new hand is out for more government assistance?
When will you be screaming anyone earning less that $40,000 a year be granted free fuel for their cars because it is taking food out of the children's mouth.
is that next week's crisis?
It won't be just fuel, it will be free cars.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#99 Mar 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
then if you want prenatal care you need to pay for it.
is this child also going to increase the size of the mothers monthly government assistance check?
So am I to understand that it is in the best interest of society, that the mother receive the best care available at no charge, to assure a new hand is out for more government assistance?
When will you be screaming anyone earning less that $40,000 a year be granted free fuel for their cars because it is taking food out of the children's mouth.
is that next week's crisis?
RS, some day you are going to have to come to grip with reality.

It is irrational to simultaneously oppose fair wages, health coverage, access to birth control, sex education (let alone decent comprehensive all-around education) and abortion while refusing any responsibility for the predictable outcomes.

Location hidden

#100 Mar 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait to see your support for your claim of late term abortions occuring because of the mother being "upset."
Per Justice Blackmun's definition, "health" of the mother includes emotional/psychological upset. In other words, if she is distraught that her husband/boyfriend left her during her third trimester, and she is now unwilling to carry his child to term...a physician may legally abort the baby for the "health" of the mother.

"We have some experience with late terminations; about 10,000 patients between 24 and 36 weeks and something like 800 fetal anomalies between 26 and 36 weeks in the past 5 years."

-- George Tiller, at National Abortion Federation Convention, 1995

IOW, the remaining 9,200 abortions were related to the "health" of the mother, per Tiller's judgment.

Location hidden

#101 Mar 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
if you require a link to understand live birth, there is no hope for you.
No matter where you live, the definition of live birth is the same.
what you require a machine to translate, is common knowledge to everyone.
The ability to identify death from life must just be over your head.
You are talking about third trimester, or possibly late second trimester abortions--a pretty small minority of abortions. Difficult to obtain, more complicated to perform, and far more likely to be the result of some fetal anomaly.

So, no, not a simple matter of a change in procedure.

If it were that simple, there would very likely be legislation already proposed to allow for handing the fetus over to the state.

And, in case you hadn't notices, most states are already overburdened with foster care expenses of already born children. They are not too likely to volunteer to rescue fetuses with high medical expenses and low life-expectancy.

But feel free to write your legislator.

Location hidden

#102 Mar 5, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>

If you have any further questions, I'll be here for another little bit and then it's off to a meeting with the cake decorator!
Enjoy!

Location hidden

#103 Mar 5, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite. It is my understanding that states are permitted (and many do) to set in place bans beyond the point of viability.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Trump still in this race? 8 min White Fangs 58
News FHU Bible professor to debate renowned atheist 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6
News Officer who shot Tyre King returns to work on d... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Basket of Deplorables 2 hr White Fangs 253
News Man dies after being hit by car on Cleveland Av... 6 hr Mee 19
50 dead. 53 shot. Hillary won't say Radical Islam. 7 hr Maverick 808 104
Tyre King 7 hr Smells like squatch 25
Donald Trump - Hillary Clinton Presidential Debate 13 hr Duke for Mayor 59
Trump's Wall 14 hr MarkJ- 801

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages