Obama at 37%...Let the Spin Begin

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Nov 20, 2013
President Obama's job approval rating has plunged to the lowest of his presidency, according to a new CBS News poll released Wednesday, and Americans' approval of the Affordable Care Act has dropped it's lowest since CBS News started polling on the law.

Thirty-seven percent now approve of the job Mr. Obama is doing as president, down from 46 percent in October -- a nine point drop in just a month. Mr. Obama's disapproval rating is 57 percent -- the highest level for this president in CBS News Polls.

A rocky beginning to the opening of the new health insurance exchanges has also taken its toll on how Americans perceive the Affordable Care Act. Now, approval of the law has dropped to 31 percent - the lowest number yet recorded in CBS News Polls, and a drop of 12 points since last month. Sixty-one percent disapprove (a high for this poll), including 46 percent who say they disapprove strongly.

Just seven percent of Americans think the Affordable Care Act is working well and should be kept in place as it is. Far more, 48 percent, think there are some good things in the law, but changes are needed to make it work better, and another 43 percent think the law needs to be repealed entirely.

When compared to recent two-term presidents, President Obama's approval rating is similar to that of George W. Bush at this point in his presidency, but lower than the ratings of both Bill Clinton (58 percent) and Ronald Reagan (65 percent).

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57613067/...

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 20, 2013
What a nightmare!
The turmoil seems to be never ending.....

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#3 Nov 20, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
What a nightmare!
The turmoil seems to be never ending.....
May it end like Nixon.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#4 Nov 20, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>May it end like Nixon.
Not nearly as dignified as Nixon's departure. No one will be on the south lawn to see him off.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#5 Nov 20, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not nearly as dignified as Nixon's departure. No one will be on the south lawn to see him off.
Uncle Joe will do the waving for 50 people.
The underclass won't be watching on TV, though...they'll be "shopping" for Air Jordans and 60" TVs.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#6 Nov 20, 2013
I'll do it in three words instead of five.
May it end!

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#7 Nov 20, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>May it end like Nixon.
Whoa!
Now we don't want Joe in there do we?
Lol
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#8 Nov 20, 2013
My goodness, give it a rest. The man is at the end of his last term, it doesn't matter who likes it doesn't like him. Just wait a few months and he'll have somebody all new to complain about!

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#9 Nov 20, 2013
PDX Dave wrote:
My goodness, give it a rest. The man is at the end of his last term, it doesn't matter who likes it doesn't like him. Just wait a few months and he'll have somebody all new to complain about!
There's more than three years to go in this term. This country is tearing itself apart, largely because of his policies and zero leadership qualities.
May it end like Nixon.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#10 Nov 20, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa!
Now we don't want Joe in there do we?
Lol
At this point, yes. I don't see how he could do any worse.

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11 Nov 20, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>At this point, yes. I don't see how he could do any worse.
You may be right......what a revolting development this turned out to be!
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#12 Nov 20, 2013
What you're forgetting is that the America people are STUPID.

Polls are meaningless. What poll ever changed the course of events and so what the poll say obama isn't trusted. He was elected TWICE by the same people who say they don't trust him even though numerous articles were written before the first election about his lack of experience, his friends, the various activities he was involved in and the list goes on.

obama will be president for 3 more years regardless of any poll.

The American people will re-elect the very same Dems that gave us obamacare.

Polls say the PEOPLE don't have any faith in Congress yet they elect and re-elect the very same ones they have no faith in.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#13 Nov 20, 2013
Conservative wrote:
What you're forgetting is that the America people are STUPID.
Polls are meaningless. What poll ever changed the course of events and so what the poll say obama isn't trusted. He was elected TWICE by the same people who say they don't trust him even though numerous articles were written before the first election about his lack of experience, his friends, the various activities he was involved in and the list goes on.
obama will be president for 3 more years regardless of any poll.
The American people will re-elect the very same Dems that gave us obamacare.
Polls say the PEOPLE don't have any faith in Congress yet they elect and re-elect the very same ones they have no faith in.
I truly doubt Obama will finish his term.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#14 Nov 20, 2013
I am hoping TM is correct and believing Conservative is correct!
Gator Bodine

United States

#15 Nov 20, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>I truly doubt Obama will finish his term.
What will stop him?

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#16 Nov 20, 2013
Gator Bodine wrote:
<quoted text>
What will stop him?
What stopped Nixon? Lies, coverups and arrogance. Obama is more like Nixon than any other president in history.
All Nixon did was coverup a second rate break in at DNC headquarters.
Obama is ruining the lives of millions of average citizens just with Obamacare. Wait until next year when millions more lose their employer coverage.
That ought to do it.
JW Booth

Columbus, OH

#17 Nov 20, 2013
Gator Bodine wrote:
<quoted text>
What will stop him?
That's a toughie.
Watergate

Columbus, OH

#18 Nov 20, 2013
Gator Bodine wrote:
<quoted text>
What will stop him?
I have no idea.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#19 Nov 20, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>I truly doubt Obama will finish his term.
You're political predictions aren't very astute. You sound like a 14 year old girl who is "just like so sure that the Jonas Brothers are going to get back together like."
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#20 Nov 20, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're political predictions aren't very astute. You sound like a 14 year old girl who is "just like so sure that the Jonas Brothers are going to get back together like."
Didn't he predict a Romney landslide?

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
African American Male Initiative seeks to help ... 5 min Truthful 21
Marriage Vows 8 min Mandy 1
COPS lives MATTER 1 hr Police Crimes 227
Critics ignore benefits of cameras 2 hr zep 11
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 4,968
Who do you side with in New York and why? 5 hr d pantz 27
Mana s Skeleton Found In Woods In Central Ohio 5 hr Big Johnson 1
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:57 am PST

Yahoo! Sports 8:57AM
Johnny Manziel reportedly throws big Friday party, leading to more trouble
NFL 8:58 AM
Justin Gilbert inactive after being late to meeting
ESPN 9:18 AM
Source: Gordon to fight for pay, FA status
ESPN 9:47 AM
Reports: Manziel party led to Gordon's ban
NBC Sports10:45 AM
Ravens' fourth-down try goes bust