Report: Ex-Police Chief Placed Ego Ov...

Report: Ex-Police Chief Placed Ego Over Slayings Investigation | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 65 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Report: Ex-Police Chief Placed Ego Over Slayings Investigation | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A 21-page investigation released on Monday showed that former Bellefontaine police Chief Brad Kunze placed his ego over a high-profile investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Daily Customer

United States

#1 Aug 15, 2011
A cop with an ego? No offense to LEO's in general, but that is not exactly news.
PBR Street Gang

Columbus, OH

#2 Aug 15, 2011
I have heard small Town trash for my 50 years. This deal takes the Cake . One dead , No Full search of the House and go on KILL TWO more. 5 and dime cops. ( they later found 1st vic like 2 days and dude was in the south lands....)
Col Hannibal Smith

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 15, 2011
Here we go again with a cop THINKING they were above the law, How pathedic!!!!!

Since: Jul 10

Lewis Center, OH

#4 Aug 15, 2011
I expect cops to put doughnuts ahead of investigations. Putting ego ahead of investigations is inexcusable.
Teresa

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Aug 15, 2011
PBR Street Gang wrote:
I have heard small Town trash for my 50 years. This deal takes the Cake . One dead , No Full search of the House and go on KILL TWO more. 5 and dime cops.( they later found 1st vic like 2 days and dude was in the south lands....)
One word for you ---- WHAT????
Public Citizen

Pickerington, OH

#7 Aug 15, 2011
He should be charged with obstruction. Any normal citizen would face those charges if they interfered with an investigation. Penalties would include total forfeiture of any public retirement.
ThinkMan

United States

#8 Aug 15, 2011
I know Brad. He's a stand-up guy. This sounds like a political hack job by the mayor. Why does the mayor want the police chief gone? What skeletons are hiding in his closet?
Lauren F

Powell, OH

#9 Aug 15, 2011
Is this an editorial or a news article? Stick to the facts and leave out the drama...or does your "hunger for the spotlight" create a need to print yet another one sided story?
Dont Call Me Shirley

United States

#10 Aug 15, 2011
Public Citizen wrote:
He should be charged with obstruction. Any normal citizen would face those charges if they interfered with an investigation. Penalties would include total forfeiture of any public retirement.
Why is this? The report clearly states that Littleton was on the run well before any discrepancies in acquiring the GPS.
The detectives should be held accountable for not doing their job and searching the house sooner. Maybe if they had done that, the Russel's would be alive. Instead, they chased their tail for days.
soldat1992

United States

#11 Aug 15, 2011
he's and idiot, charge him criminally take his retirement!!
Dont Call Me Shirley

United States

#12 Aug 15, 2011
soldat1992 wrote:
he's and idiot, charge him criminally take his retirement!!
What would the charge be? Social Dislike? I don't think that's a crime yet.
B-Town citizen

Marysville, OH

#13 Aug 15, 2011
The Police Chief didnt even step foot in the 1st victims house. He didnt feel a need to investigate a homicide in our city. Believe me, this town is far better off with him gone...
POedInCMH

Columbus, OH

#14 Aug 15, 2011
Did anyone else notice that they put a GPS to track a citizens vehicle? It sounds like we are in a communist state where the state or government can put tracking devices on anyone.

Did he have a court order to do this? I tell you this country is no longer free. We are a bunch of idiots not willing to fight for any civil rights anymore.
Wilfreds Dog

Hilliard, OH

#15 Aug 15, 2011
He's a oh what's the word I'm looking for???? A female hygiene product that's a bag sometimes filled with a vinegar and water solution? Sounds like it's French?
new car smell guy

Mount Gilead, OH

#16 Aug 15, 2011
There;s a spot for the ex-chief and his ego over at the little mike deSwine ranch...Baby!
sidekick

Bowling Green, OH

#17 Aug 15, 2011
What is this guys problem? Why did he not do his job? If it was an ego trip than you would think innocent people would've been harassed and charged with false allegations. Did some mob/gangster pay this guy or threaten him? Retiring should not be a "get out of jail free" card. DOUBLE the sentence.
Nicky Chains

United States

#18 Aug 15, 2011
What a fat pig ... little town punk cop who wanted to get his fifteen minutes of fame at the expense of a horrific crime and helpless dead victims. How did a buffalo like this guy make it all the way to Chief? I hope the Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy yanks his ticket so the best he can hope for is a parking lot guard at Wal Mart. Bastige!!!
PaxBrat

Columbus, OH

#19 Aug 15, 2011
When in public service there is no room for ego. I can believe that at an earlier point in his career he may have had noble intentions, however; when your importance is more important than the case it is time to go.
Wilfreds Dog

Hilliard, OH

#21 Aug 15, 2011
Well he did want to get his face on the news!! Wish Granted!!!
sho nuff

United States

#22 Aug 15, 2011
Wilfreds Dog wrote:
Well he did want to get his face on the news!! Wish Granted!!!
And his face is hot! Nice looking man!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mystery surrounds sources of many Bill Clinton ... 10 min Duke for Mayor 33
Wikileaks Shows DNC Colluding With CBS News 36 min They cannot kill ... 8
Melania Trump Speech 53 min FOVR 128
Human Silhouette Targets Are Racist 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
I (was a lifer) am a Dem and I’m Voting for Tru... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 12
Open season on Cops 2 hr They cannot kill ... 100
Congratulations, Cleveland.. 2 hr Slim Pickens 20

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance