Fatal crash on Rt. 37 in Licking Coun...

Fatal crash on Rt. 37 in Licking County | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 39 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 5, 2010, titled Fatal crash on Rt. 37 in Licking County | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A two-vehicle fatal crash has snarled traffic just west of Granville on Rt. 37. The crash occurred around 6:30 a.m. as the rush from Licking County to Columbus was picking up, according to WBNS-10TV. The roadway was shut down in both directions, and traffic was being diverted onto Rt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ron

United States

#1 Feb 5, 2010
too many news people,,,,would be nice if you new people would fight some crime
Unreal

North Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 5, 2010
Ron ... your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I think a fatal car accident is certainly news worthy to anyone who has a concern for human life.
Petlover

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 5, 2010
Blame this on ODOT for not getting both directions open last fall. They created this deadly situation. Wait till later today and the ice and snow hit. ODOT's maintenance of 37/161 is practically non-existence.
Vince Pugh

Bluffton, OH

#4 Feb 5, 2010
Not surprized at all... SR 3 From Mount Vernon to Sunbury is the same thing every morning. Hey all you 20 and 30 "somethings". Give us mature drivers a break and stop with the Red Bull powered, texting, and driving long enough to make it into your 40's and the rest of us into retirement.
LMAO

Dublin, OH

#5 Feb 5, 2010
Ron wrote:
too many news people,,,,would be nice if you new people would fight some crime
News people report the......wait for it......NEWS! That's what this is, NEWS!

News people do not.....wait for it.......fight crime. Fighting crime is the police departments job.

Duh.
HandsOnTheWheel

Columbus, OH

#6 Feb 5, 2010
Vince, you are so right!

Anyone who texts while driving should have their drivers license suspended indefinitely. Anyone who causes an accident while texting should have their drivers license taken away permanently. And if someone dies as a result, a prison sentence. It's been proven that its actually WORSE than DUI.
Marvin Glep

Naperville, IL

#7 Feb 5, 2010
Vince Pugh wrote:
Not surprized at all... SR 3 From Mount Vernon to Sunbury is the same thing every morning. Hey all you 20 and 30 "somethings". Give us mature drivers a break and stop with the Red Bull powered, texting, and driving long enough to make it into your 40's and the rest of us into retirement.
I'm a 50 "something" and I'm appalled at the so-called "mature drivers" who are so busy being "safe" at 20 MPH UNDER the limit and slowing virtually to a stop to make a simple right hand turn that they are a menace and a safety hazard. If you don't like the speed limit use the bike trail.
IndignantInGrand view

Dayton, OH

#8 Feb 5, 2010
The lives of members of least two families, probably more, have changed forever. Whether one was the cause or both were victims, it really doesn't matter. It has occurred and their lives if they make it and their families lives are FOREVER changed.

Is this the society in which we live - one without compassion for our fellow man. When I hear of news like this I ask - What if it were me. What if it were my son, my mom that were involved. What do you think about? Really...

I don't want a response to this - Please take the time you would use to come up a witty rude or irreverent response and instead think about it, pray about it, what ever you do.
Cautious

Fostoria, OH

#9 Feb 5, 2010
Marvin Glep wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a 50 "something" and I'm appalled at the so-called "mature drivers" who are so busy being "safe" at 20 MPH UNDER the limit and slowing virtually to a stop to make a simple right hand turn that they are a menace and a safety hazard. If you don't like the speed limit use the bike trail.
The problem with people like you is they watch too much "Nascar" and think they are another Dale Ernhart or something, therefore always in a "hurry", in a "rush", being inconsiderate to other drivers, putting other proples lives in danger. YOU are the "menace" and a safety hazard on the highway!You are also inconsiderate to this posting. The "cause" of the accident was'nt mentioned, the fact is... someone lost their life! You need to be respectfull in that manner. My sympathy goes out to the family that lost their loved one this morning.
Saddened

North Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 5, 2010
IndignantInGrandview ... I agree. We truly live in a sad society when someone looks past the facts of the situation at hand. Someone lost their life this morning and a family is now in mourning over a loved one.

To make comments about peoples ages, driving abilities or what they were doing (or not doing) while driving is unjustified, unsubstantiated and inexcusable.
Ms M

Dayton, OH

#11 Feb 5, 2010
Cautious wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with people like you is they watch too much "Nascar" and think they are another Dale Ernhart or something, therefore always in a "hurry", in a "rush", being inconsiderate to other drivers, putting other proples lives in danger. YOU are the "menace" and a safety hazard on the highway!You are also inconsiderate to this posting. The "cause" of the accident was'nt mentioned, the fact is... someone lost their life! You need to be respectfull in that manner. My sympathy goes out to the family that lost their loved one this morning.
Leave Nascar & Earnhart out of this !! Society itself anymore is always in a hurry it just how the world is now days !!
commensenceinpat askala

Westerville, OH

#13 Feb 5, 2010
IndignantInGrandview wrote:
The lives of members of least two families, probably more, have changed forever. Whether one was the cause or both were victims, it really doesn't matter. It has occurred and their lives if they make it and their families lives are FOREVER changed.
Is this the society in which we live - one without compassion for our fellow man. When I hear of news like this I ask - What if it were me. What if it were my son, my mom that were involved. What do you think about? Really...
I don't want a response to this - Please take the time you would use to come up a witty rude or irreverent response and instead think about it, pray about it, what ever you do.
this person is so right and i commend you,these people need our prayers and thank god it wasn't your family or friends
Gunny Sarge

Collierville, TN

#14 Feb 5, 2010
Cautious wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't spell, and from the content of your post, you don't have any sense either. Leave NASCAR and related folks out of your deranged whining.
commensenceinpat askala

Westerville, OH

#15 Feb 5, 2010
these people need everyones prayer
Sharon

Columbus, OH

#16 Feb 5, 2010
In the construction area you are to go 45mph. I go that limit as I do not want a ticket. I am one of those 50 something in fact I am 60.
I know that the road should have been opened last year but the fact is it was not open. That does not mean the speed limit is back to 55. How do you know they were speeding. Were you there. It is sad that someon had to die.
What we really need to do is stop this finger pointing and stop and pray for both families they are hurting today and need our support
Jay

Columbus, OH

#17 Feb 5, 2010
Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me. People FLY on this road, including semi's. I don't know who was at fault but I'm surprised there aren't more accidents on it.
Archie Bunker

Fostoria, OH

#18 Feb 5, 2010
Gunny Sarge wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't spell, and from the content of your post, you don't have any sense either. Leave NASCAR and related folks out of your deranged whining.
Truth hurts don't it?
Marvin Glep

Naperville, IL

#19 Feb 5, 2010
Cautious wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I hate NASCAR. The fact is I've seen so called "safe" drivers cause people who just want to drive a reasonable percentage of the legal speed limit to do almost ANYTHING to get around them, especially for 8-10 miles as often happens on the aforementioned Rt. 3. This is an obvious safety hazard, especially when roads are designed for at least 10 MPH over the stated limit.

Regarding the loss of life- very sad and condolences to the family who lost a loved one. Nice red-herring on your part, though, since this was a reply to someone who had already strayed off the topic before I did! Nice try!
Savhanna

New York, NY

#20 Feb 5, 2010
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the person who died as well as the other driver involved in the crash. May God ( or whom/what ever they believe in) bring them peace in this difficulate time.
Cheryl

Dublin, OH

#21 Feb 5, 2010
Vince Pugh wrote:
I know the young lady who died people need to thing about what the write, her family will read these insensitve comments. This is an accident, things happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Johnson 2 min Seriouslady 21
Hillary praises KKK head, Byrd. 2 min Duke for Mayor 7
Dying Veteran records Dr's comment about care.. 7 min Seriouslady 8
Black Voters should Remove Clinton CHAINS 22 min Duke for Mayor 3
Please help me find the love of my life 2 hr d pants 128
News Former manager of Italian-ice shop pleads guilt... 2 hr GTT 9
Joke time. =~} 3 hr MImzy 64

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance