Do you agree with Obama's military r...

Do you agree with Obama's military reductions to pre-WW 2 levels?

Created by Oliver Canterberry on Feb 24, 2014

87 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#43 Feb 27, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Mama mia am I cold!! That wind just cut through me today. I hike about a half mile to and from the door to my car at work. Another storm on the way, too. UGH.
Been watching these federal budgets and cuts pretty close due to the industry I'm in. Here's a good site to track: http://www.govexec.com/news/earlybird/ . Another good one to follow for military is the Stars and Stripes: http://www.stripes.com/
I had to get gas and my fingers were stinging so bad and frozen!=~{
Thanks for the sites!!!
Stay warm and fuzzy! TGIF...tomorrow....lol

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#44 Feb 27, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying? That the government could, by itself without outside consultancy and industrial facilities, build its own fighter jets and naval ships? Ahahahahahahaha...Imagine Obama's staff engineering a naval ship.....
After the Obamacare debacle, this administration should nt be allowed to handle anything more dangerous than play dough.
Yes. It's cold. So what's up with global warming?
Duke for Mayor

United States

#45 Feb 27, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It's cold. So what's up with global warming?
Its a very big Globe, Anne.

woof
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#46 Feb 27, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a huge difference between a bloated, inefficient, overgrown government and necessary government jobs. I thought you people loved having people on the gubmint payroll. I prefer a small, efficient government, one not loaded with whiney assed liberals who believe the immediate answer to every question is to consume more tax dollars.
Right. Unless those people on the gubmint payroll are on the military payroll.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#47 Feb 27, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a very big Globe, Anne.
woof
But all in the same atmosphere. Radioactive waste from the nuclear accident in Japan reached the coast of California this week. How many years ago did that happen?

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#48 Feb 28, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Unless those people on the gubmint payroll are on the military payroll.
Think again. Military payroll is government payroll. You also don't get a naval ship, a fighter or cargo plane, or nuclear submarine without private sector engineering and research. The relationship between the military and the science/engineering disciplines is tight however. Those folks at Lockheed, SAIC, Northrop, Boeing, General Dynamics, etc. are all private sector folks... and their customers INCLUDE the US government. Their customers ALSO include other private research firms, local government, state government, and medical. Your business lesson for the day is concluded. You're welcome.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#50 Feb 28, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Think again. Military payroll is government payroll. You also don't get a naval ship, a fighter or cargo plane, or nuclear submarine without private sector engineering and research. The relationship between the military and the science/engineering disciplines is tight however. Those folks at Lockheed, SAIC, Northrop, Boeing, General Dynamics, etc. are all private sector folks... and their customers INCLUDE the US government. Their customers ALSO include other private research firms, local government, state government, and medical. Your business lesson for the day is concluded. You're welcome.
Wow. Thanks. Could you provide an incredibly elementary explanation of how a bill becomes a law next? But make sure you do it in such a way that demonstrates how impressed you are with yourself for knowing extraordinarily common information.
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#51 Feb 28, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Thanks. Could you provide an incredibly elementary explanation of how a bill becomes a law next? But make sure you do it in such a way that demonstrates how impressed you are with yourself for knowing extraordinarily common information.
Try this it might help.
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

“MAGA”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#52 Feb 28, 2014
Enzyte Bob wrote:
You people are getting wound up over nothing. From Politico:
"... cut the overall active Army to about 450,000 troops from its Iraq War peak of 570,000."
BIG DEAL!
This is the same thing as when lefties whine about school lunches being cut. Everybody is chicken little when someone proposes even modest cuts.
I, for one, am glad to start seeing things being cut.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/chuck-h...
Bobby boy....
Have I told you to fuque off lately?

Just in case...... consider this my latest insult FN moron......

Luv BB
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#53 Mar 1, 2014
I just read that the Russians took over airports in Ukraine, this will make Obama's downsizing scheme that much more difficult. The world is in pre-War mode, Moo Slums in the middle East and Africa, Hispanics in Mexico and South America and now the Russia is reforming its old territory.

No time to downsize but to prepare for war that always comes when Liberalism rules in America and Western Europe (Chamberlin and Peace in our time just before World War 2).
Enzyte Bob

Detroit, MI

#54 Mar 1, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
I just read that the Russians took over airports in Ukraine, this will make Obama's downsizing scheme that much more difficult. The world is in pre-War mode, Moo Slums in the middle East and Africa, Hispanics in Mexico and South America and now the Russia is reforming its old territory.
No time to downsize but to prepare for war that always comes when Liberalism rules in America and Western Europe (Chamberlin and Peace in our time just before World War 2).
You guys are still have your brains clouded by cold war propaganda and don't understand the relationship here. Ukraine is not some occupied territory that is just clamoring to be with the west. Ukraine comes from the same religious and cultural roots as Russia. they speak virtually the same language. In fact, Ukraine is the birthplace of Russia. The analogy here to help you understand the situation is the analogy between the United Kingdom in the United States of America. We share a common language a common culture and we are allies. We resented being rulend by the United Kingdom, but that doesn't mean that we don't belong together as brothers and allies.

I think the same thing is going on with Ukraine. Ukraine doesn't want to be dominated by Russia but I think the majority of people there have fond feelings for Russia and for the Russian people. Western cold warriors need to get their heads out of their ahss and realize that not everything revolves around the Anglosphere.
Enzyte Bob

Detroit, MI

#55 Mar 1, 2014
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby boy....
Have I told you to fuque off lately?
Just in case...... consider this my latest insult FN moron......
Luv BB
So, 450,000 isn't enough? Sounds like a pretty big army to me. I love Chuck Hagel.

“MAGA”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#57 Mar 1, 2014
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So, 450,000 isn't enough? Sounds like a pretty big army to me. I love Chuck Hagel.
LOL

Well 450,000 could be enough if..... we nuked all of the ragboy enemies of the US and Israel......
Wadda ya think? Good idea?

Hagel is a RINO.......

What do you think about Ted Cruz????? I'm becoming a fan.......I need to see more though....

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#58 Mar 1, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
"War always comes when liberalism rules"?
When Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld declared war , was that under liberalism rule?
=~}

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#59 Mar 1, 2014
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>You guys are still have your brains clouded by cold war propaganda and don't understand the relationship here. Ukraine is not some occupied territory that is just clamoring to be with the west. Ukraine comes from the same religious and cultural roots as Russia. they speak virtually the same language. In fact, Ukraine is the birthplace of Russia. The analogy here to help you understand the situation is the analogy between the United Kingdom in the United States of America. We share a common language a common culture and we are allies. We resented being rulend by the United Kingdom, but that doesn't mean that we don't belong together as brothers and allies.
I think the same thing is going on with Ukraine. Ukraine doesn't want to be dominated by Russia but I think the majority of people there have fond feelings for Russia and for the Russian people. Western cold warriors need to get their heads out of their ahss and realize that not everything revolves around the Anglosphere.
You're correct!
I work with two Russian born women. One from Ukraine and one from Uzbeckastan. They were originally from the motherland, Russia! until it divided.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#60 Mar 1, 2014
Enzyte Bob

Detroit, MI

#62 Mar 1, 2014
-tip- wrote:
He's Georgian, not Slavic. Russia and Ukraine are like the US and Canada. Virtually the same people.

Georgia was their Quebec, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc. Not the same people.

We wouldn't be happy if Russia was trying to lure Canada into their sphere. Why do you expect them to act differently? Besides, the country that invaded Cuba is the last who should be throwing stones.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#63 Mar 1, 2014
Jackie_Chiles_10024 wrote:
<quoted text>It was a direct result of Clinton's mishandling of foreign policy for eight years.
http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/59374/...

I guess it's debatable.......=~}

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#64 Mar 1, 2014
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
He's Georgian, not Slavic. Russia and Ukraine are like the US and Canada. Virtually the same people.
Georgia was their Quebec, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc. Not the same people.
We wouldn't be happy if Russia was trying to lure Canada into their sphere. Why do you expect them to act differently? Besides, the country that invaded Cuba is the last who should be throwing stones.
As Saakashvili confirmed, above:

"...In a 2005 speech, Mr. Putin said 'the demise of the Soviet Union was the greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the century' and 'a genuine tragedy' that 'tens of millions of our fellow citizens and countrymen found themselves beyond the fringes of Russian territory.' With its 46 million people and the seat of ancient Kiev Rus, Ukraine was the most painful loss for the Russian imperium. In a private conversation with George W. Bush in 2008, Mr. Putin averred that Ukraine wasn't a real state.

'Putin never just says things,' says Mr. Saakashvili, who met with him often before the 2008 war.'Ukraine is a "territory" to him and a territory needs to be divided. The problem with Putin is not just that he's a revisionist. He's revanchist. That's why it's a clash of interests. He wants it back.'"
Enzyte Bob

Detroit, MI

#65 Mar 1, 2014
Right, tip. I'm sure we'll just politely stand by and accept "the will of the people" one day when Texas wants to break off and join the motherland to the south.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jade Renea 3 min fat tired old and... 8
OMG! | ba BOOM! | Roy Moore Year Book | FAKE! 3 min Reality Speaks 9
Are Jobs More Important Than Our Environment? (Apr '17) 12 min They cannot kill ... 253
Flynn Pleads Guilty 27 min Enter Username 547
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! (Jun '17) 53 min Duke for Mayor 1,484
News Man dies, woman injured after Northeast Side sh... 1 hr Reality Speaks 2
Drunken stroke victim incites holy war 2 hr Reality Speaks 57
ROY Moore wants Slavery Days back to Make Ameri... 2 hr Reality Speaks 31
What Has Happened To America? 3 hr White Fangs 37
BO Arrested for Treason 4 hr GlitterSucks 291

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages