Do you agree with Obama's military r...

Do you agree with Obama's military reductions to pre-WW 2 levels?

Created by Oliver Canterberry on Feb 24, 2014

87 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other

Enzyte Bob

Chicago, IL

#22 Feb 26, 2014
Real Tea Party wrote:
About time the big fat industrial military complex take a big hair cut just like the rest of us!!! Sick of my tax wasting on stupid A-10, fifteen more aircraft carriers!
Chuck Hagel got some ba11s!
Best of all he's skeptical of the jews. I am a big fan of his. The fact that republicans hate him makes me like him even more.
Enzyte Bob

Chicago, IL

#23 Feb 26, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
are you aware of any proceedings to eliminate front license plates in Ohio?
please tell me it passed this week, or is going to soon.
Not gonna happen - the safety mafia is against it into to mention cops no longer being able to roust people for no front plate. Besides, we've had two plates for over 80 years now.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#24 Feb 26, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
are you aware of any proceedings to eliminate front license plates in Ohio?
please tell me it passed this week, or is going to soon.
http://www.portclintonnewsherald.com/article/...
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#25 Feb 26, 2014
N.A.T.O. just announced they are going to pull out of Afghanistan if the U.S. does so. The Taliban is fired up to take over and we will be right back to where we were before 9/11. This is NO time to downsize the military and Obama knows it.

Homeland Security also announced today to expect more Boston Marathon Bombing scenarios due to the high number of "lone wolves" in this nation.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#26 Feb 26, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
N.A.T.O. just announced they are going to pull out of Afghanistan if the U.S. does so. The Taliban is fired up to take over and we will be right back to where we were before 9/11. This is NO time to downsize the military and Obama knows it.
Homeland Security also announced today to expect more Boston Marathon Bombing scenarios due to the high number of "lone wolves" in this nation.
Bring them all home.
Their mission, under Obama, was a farce -- "winning the hearts & minds"...of terrorists?

Obama never intended to win anything, and since he already surrendered to Iran and doesn't give a rat's arse that it is poised for nuclear strikes, there remains no need for a US military presence.

Let's not pretend anymore.

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#27 Feb 26, 2014
Getting rid of numerous outdated and obsolete weapons and reducing the troops to a safe level and is acceptable to me.

Spending frugally on new updated war weapons we need in this age, is acceptable to me.

BUT when they bite the hand that defends us, our soldiers, this is not acceptable to me.

Why is it that the innocent is always abused? Children,troops!

(GET THEM OUT OF AFGHANISTAN)

These are wars that have divided our country.

These are wars that brought scum into our country by the millions.

These are unwarranted wars!

These are killing innocent troops for NOTHING!

We have no gain but what we do have a lot of pain!

My opinion-BB
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#28 Feb 26, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring them all home.
Their mission, under Obama, was a farce -- "winning the hearts & minds"...of terrorists?
Obama never intended to win anything, and since he already surrendered to Iran and doesn't give a rat's arse that it is poised for nuclear strikes, there remains no need for a US military presence.
Let's not pretend anymore.
Remember the opening scene of the movie Gladiator?

The Romans were in Germania battling the barbarians. We are now Rome, responsible for enforcing Pax Romana form of peace on the savages. Nothing has changed in two thousand years. If we leave those areas even more savagery will break out, feminine -Somalia, Sudan, Bangladesh and the outcry will be for someone to "do something." Whites will feel guilt and we will be right back.

Its called "The White Man's Burden."

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#29 Feb 26, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called "The White Man's Burden."
Oh. I always thought that was syphilis.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#31 Feb 26, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
http://www.cleveland.com/natio n/index.ssf/2014/02/proposed_c uts_in_defense_spend.html
Military cuts will happen if CONGRESS approves the cuts, like they approve all monies spent.
It slays me that the soldiers (and their families) who are defending our country are not getting paid enough to eat.
What's wrong with this picture?
Priorities are so screwed up!
Troop reduction was a part of sequestration and was agreed to as part of reducing military budgets. I don't have any heartburn over that. The biggest cuts will happen to the Army, that's what the media has focused on primarily. There will be some serious cuts to the Navy and Air Force. A lot of this is happening through attrition, some if it is occurring through outing the bad fruit. We'll see pre-WW2 levels of Army troops. Is this a good level? I don't know.

Troops are actually fairly paid IMHO. What they don't get in cash, they make up well with Tri-Care (the military's health coverage system) and other non-cash benefits and bonuses and extra pay opportunities. Military housing is free and non-taxed if they take advantage of it.

http://www.goarmy.com/benefits/money/basic-pa...

With the troop reductions in all three services--if it really becomes reality--we see a bigger problem with Congress. They'll be negotiating and arguing over base closures and alignments, again. Those bases bring jobs and economic development to districts.

Since: Oct 10

Bear, DE

#32 Feb 26, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Troop reduction was a part of sequestration and was agreed to as part of reducing military budgets. I don't have any heartburn over that. The biggest cuts will happen to the Army, that's what the media has focused on primarily. There will be some serious cuts to the Navy and Air Force. A lot of this is happening through attrition, some if it is occurring through outing the bad fruit. We'll see pre-WW2 levels of Army troops. Is this a good level? I don't know.
Troops are actually fairly paid IMHO. What they don't get in cash, they make up well with Tri-Care (the military's health coverage system) and other non-cash benefits and bonuses and extra pay opportunities. Military housing is free and non-taxed if they take advantage of it.
With the troop reductions in all three services--if it really becomes reality--we see a bigger problem with Congress. They'll be negotiating and arguing over base closures and alignments, again. Those bases bring jobs and economic development to districts.
You're absolutely right. VA Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake will really suffer. And other military reigons just as well. Private contractors with military contracts will lay off many. And we will begin to lose the cyber war even more rapidly.

Well, look forward to more lies about the actual unemployment figure.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#33 Feb 27, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right. VA Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake will really suffer. And other military reigons just as well. Private contractors with military contracts will lay off many. And we will begin to lose the cyber war even more rapidly.
I thought you people hated government jobs.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#34 Feb 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
ending public unions, and a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting Public Unions, a balanced budget amendment, term limits for all elected positions, and all elected officials will have same healthcare and retirement as a mailman.

a 2016 Presidential campaign

what do you think?

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#35 Feb 27, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
ending public unions, and a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting Public Unions, a balanced budget amendment, term limits for all elected positions, and all elected officials will have same healthcare and retirement as a mailman.
a 2016 Presidential campaign
what do you think?
I think this was a pretty poor attempt at a haiku.

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#36 Feb 27, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for info!
How are you anyway? This is the winter from hell.....ugh!
Real Tea Party

Columbus, OH

#37 Feb 27, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
http://www.politico.com/story/ 2014/02/chuck-hagel-pentagon-b udget-cuts-defense-103854.html
They want to cut soldiers benefits but spend millions on other weapons, etc.
With all the wasteful spending, give the soldiers their benefits, for God's sake.....they're defending this country....how ungrateful!
My opinion!
That is sickening, if they can't take care of the vets after deployment, don't fuuking send them to wars and expect them to come back nice and dandy. Stupid assss warmongers typical chickenhawks who only send soldiers to die but don't want to spend a penny on PTSD treatment and veteran disabilities are cut!
Real Tea Party

Columbus, OH

#38 Feb 27, 2014
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Best of all he's skeptical of the jews. I am a big fan of his. The fact that republicans hate him makes me like him even more.
The republicans can vote on a war tax and see how many warmongers here are willing to pay what they are preaching.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#39 Feb 27, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying, you support welfare for corporate leeches?

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#40 Feb 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a huge difference between a bloated, inefficient, overgrown government and necessary government jobs. I thought you people loved having people on the gubmint payroll. I prefer a small, efficient government, one not loaded with whiney assed liberals who believe the immediate answer to every question is to consume more tax dollars.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#41 Feb 27, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying, you support welfare for corporate leeches?
What are you saying? That the government could, by itself without outside consultancy and industrial facilities, build its own fighter jets and naval ships? Ahahahahahahaha...Imagine Obama's staff engineering a naval ship.....

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#42 Feb 27, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for info!
How are you anyway? This is the winter from hell.....ugh!
Mama mia am I cold!! That wind just cut through me today. I hike about a half mile to and from the door to my car at work. Another storm on the way, too. UGH.

Been watching these federal budgets and cuts pretty close due to the industry I'm in. Here's a good site to track: http://www.govexec.com/news/earlybird/ . Another good one to follow for military is the Stars and Stripes: http://www.stripes.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 4 min Linda 96
FIND LINDA and PAMMY! 12 min Linda 13
Republicans are Fun 14 min WhackoBird 110
Poll Is Barack Obama a Muslim? 71% Say Yes (May '14) 17 min Linda 379
Fake Duke 20 min Linda 4
News Prosecutors: Illegal Immigrant Minors Forced To... 26 min They cannot kill ... 5
VIRAL VIDEO: Watch homeless piano man 1 hr Zoe Regen 7
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages