Somalia Bans Christmas Celebrations
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#41 Dec 30, 2013
The supposed "birth of Christ" and thus Christmas, is an invention of the Roman family, The Flavians- and their Jew flunky Josephus. Ever occurred to anyone why the four gospels (stories) all start with the forward The Book ACCORDING TO Matthew, or the Book ACCORDING TO Mark,etc. It's clear that those characters did not write their own books, and HISTORICALLY did not even exist!
To date, not one non- Christian archeologist, paleontologist, or Historian has ever found any physical proof, family tree, or grave site of ANY persons Attributed to the gospel stories OTHER than the Romans Ceasar Augustus and the governors who were sent to Judea from Rome to collect taxes in tribute.
No, trace of aMatthew, Mark, John, Mary Magdalene or Luke has ever been discovered, nor any writings OUT SIDE OF THE BIBLICAL TEXT, has any mention of such people! THEY DID NOT EXIST.

There is concrete evidence of ancient Egyptian kings and commoners that have survived for 10 years, YET, not one piece of tangible evidence of ANY biblical characters!

http://www.fargonasphere.com/piso/

http://i.word.com/idictionary/allegory

http://caesarsmessiahdoc.com/Synopsis/synopsi...

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mistic/song...
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#42 Dec 30, 2013
wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
The supposed "birth of Christ" and thus Christmas, is an invention of the Roman family, The Flavians- and their Jew flunky Josephus. Ever occurred to anyone why the four gospels (stories) all start with the forward The Book ACCORDING TO Matthew, or the Book ACCORDING TO Mark,etc. It's clear that those characters did not write their own books, and HISTORICALLY did not even exist!
To date, not one non- Christian archeologist, paleontologist, or Historian has ever found any physical proof, family tree, or grave site of ANY persons Attributed to the gospel stories OTHER than the Romans Ceasar Augustus and the governors who were sent to Judea from Rome to collect taxes in tribute.
No, trace of aMatthew, Mark, John, Mary Magdalene or Luke has ever been discovered, nor any writings OUT SIDE OF THE BIBLICAL TEXT, has any mention of such people! THEY DID NOT EXIST.
There is concrete evidence of ancient Egyptian kings and commoners that have survived for 10 years, YET, not one piece of tangible evidence of ANY biblical characters!
http://www.fargonasphere.com/piso/
http://i.word.com/idictionary/allegory
http://caesarsmessiahdoc.com/Synopsis/synopsi...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mistic/song...
10 thousand years

“CLEVELAND”

Since: Apr 10

BEST LOCATION IN THE NATION

#43 Dec 30, 2013
http://www.amazon.com/Christ-Conspiracy-Great...

Is this where you're getting your info?
A controversial book from the 90's.........

People believe what they choose to believe.
Usually they follow their childhood upbringing traditions.

Happy New Year

Since: Dec 13

Medina, OH

#45 Dec 30, 2013
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
And George said we would never take over.
what?

Medina, OH

#47 Dec 30, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I was rather more taking about the fact that Omar Ugas Mumin is the only minister whose duties relate to religious affairs and that the "Director of the Religious Matters" doesn't exist as a title within the Somali government. Nor does there seem to be a director general for the ministry, with the rather unusual arrangement of having multiple assistant ministers, seeming to come from different regions.
This seems to very clearly be a hoax story planted to play up the fears of the gullible. It's rather a shame that they didn't do a bit more research in putting it together, I suppose. Neither of these men appear to have any connection to the internationally (and US) supported federal government of Somalia.
Though these could be members of a factional opposition government and just got misrepresented in this story?
Given your obvious sympathies, I can see why you would rather NOT talk about the ongoing murder of Christians and non muslims.

Feel free to continue to expound in favor the "peaceful religion" as the Iranians continue to hang gays, imprison Christians and muslims wherever they are a majority burn churches, murder or force the infidels into exile.

I suppose you think that is "laughable" as well
By comparison, merely canceling Christmas does seem harmless I guess.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#48 Dec 30, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Christ-C onspiracy-Greatest-Story-Ever/ dp/0932813747/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT F8&qid=1291319343&sr=8 -1
Is this where you're getting your info?
A controversial book from the 90's.........
People believe what they choose to believe.
Usually they follow their childhood upbringing traditions.
Happy New Year
Exactly! People are taught fables in their childhood, then grow up believing them and take those" beliefs", conquer other nations and peoples, then INDOCTRINATE the children of the people they conquered to continue a cultural and religious dogma and use it for excuse for their own pursuit of material wealth and dominance!
That is what was done to the African, Indian, and lsland people in this hemisphere and the World. It does matter! Since you are Italian, you should know that the Christian religion started in Rome, and NOT in Antioch (Turkey) as is believed.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#49 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Given your obvious sympathies, I can see why you would rather NOT talk about the ongoing murder of Christians and non muslims.
Feel free to continue to expound in favor the "peaceful religion" as the Iranians continue to hang gays, imprison Christians and muslims wherever they are a majority burn churches, murder or force the infidels into exile.
I suppose you think that is "laughable" as well
By comparison, merely canceling Christmas does seem harmless I guess.
You read and understood the part where the offices and people listed in the article don't exist in the Somali federal government and that no part of the Somali government has cancelled Christmas?

The article is laughable because it's fairly transparently poorly researched nonsense intended to inspire anti Muslim panic. The writers didn't even bother to use actual government offices or people that serve in the Somali government.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#50 Dec 30, 2013
he formation of the Christian religion?

The documentary begins with a brief history of the political and religious climate of Judea in the first century CE – the era during which Christianity emerged. Judea was occupied by the Roman Empire, which required them to worship Caesar as a god. The Jews found this blasphemous, and they waged constant rebellions against the Empire. Their religious scriptures prophesied that a militaristic warrior Messiah would defeat the Romans and lead the Jews to liberation. A string of numerous Messiahs presented themselves to lead the people in war against Rome, only to be defeated and crucified – a customary Arch of Titus in RomeRoman punishment for insurgents of the day. However, the Roman government was growing weaker from over a century of increasingly corrupt rule by the Julio-Claudian dynasty - the last emperor of this lineage being Nero, who was bankrupting the Empire with his self-indulgence. In their greatest victory, the messianic Jews finally succeeded in burning Rome and driving the Romans out of Judea. This caused Nero to call upon his best military men, the Flavians – Vespasian and his son Titus - to crush the rebellion for good. The Flavians succeeded not only in destroying the Jewish towns of Galilee and their temple in Jerusalem, but after Nero was deposed and committed suicide, they seized the throne through a military coup and took over reign of the Roman Empire itself. Under the Flavians, the Empire flourished, and many great monuments were built including the famous Coliseum. In order to pacify the Jewish rebellion, they captured and burned all the Jews’ scriptures. It is around this time that a new literature emerged with the story of a very different Jewish Messiah – one who preached “give to Ceasar what is Caesar’s”,“turn the other cheek”, and “love your enemy”.
Geronimo

Blacklick, OH

#51 Dec 30, 2013
Wait what wrote:
The Somali Government has banned celebration of Christian festivities in the country.
A directive released on Tuesday by the Ministry of Justice and Religious Affairs stated that no Christian festivities could be held in Somalia.
The Director General of the ministry, Sheikh Mohamed Khayrow Aden, and the Director of the Religious Matters, Sheikh Ali Sheikh Mohamud alias Sheikh Ali Dhere, held a press conference in the capital Mogadishu, to make the announcement.
The ban came just hours before Christmas Day, when Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, their spiritual saviour.
“We alert fellow Muslims in Somalia that some festivities to mark Christian Days will take place around the world in this week,” said Sheikh Ali Dhere during the press conference, adding:“It is prohibited to celebrate those days in this country.”
Mr Aden, on his part, stated that all security and law enforcement agencies had been instructed to counter any such celebrations.
He added that copies of the directive were delivered to hotels and other meeting places in Mogadishu.
The officials did not say anything on whether non-Muslim foreign workers or residents could celebrate or not.
It is the first time that a Somali government bans the celebrations since the last central government collapsed in 1991.
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/religio...
This might be important if this was Somalia, but it isn't.

It's not even that interesting since this isn't Somalia.

I'll file it under SOSDD and forget it.

PS: I love what you and the others have done to this forum!

I can find a week's worth (or more) of discussions all on the first page.

Very efficient use of the resource.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#53 Dec 30, 2013

The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold
Excellent work BRAVO!!
By janet - May 29, 2001
I am 53 years old, was once a catholic, and I have been studying Comparative Religions for over thirty years. My library contains works by Robertson, Whelas, Carpenter, Frazier, Campbell, Smith, Keller, Kolb and too many others to mention, but if I had to recommend ONE book to the interested student who wished to have her/his eyes opened to the unfiltered truth about christianity in particular and religion in general, that one book would be The Christ Conspiracy, by Acharya S. It takes many years of thought and effort to wade through the complete works of Josephus, various translations of the bible, numerous texts (some enlightening - some inane and dogmatic) in an honest and scholarly examination of the major creeds that exist on this planet at this point in time. If you wish to just 'skip to the end of the search' where the judeo/christian theology is concerned (or should I say astro-theology),then buy a copy of this book, read it twice, and then loan it to a friend. Archarya's work is one of the most heavily documented texts I have yet studied, and unlike some reviewers who claim to have had some difficulty verifying quotes and context where notations are concerned, I had none of these difficulties. Moreover, I found that her conclusions, where drawn, were accurate and reasoned. A certain 'spirit' in the style of her writings is refreshing. The reader must keep in mind however, that this is a purposefully confrontational and brutally eye-opening text. If you are content believing that the Creator of the entire inner and outer universes found it necessary to "atone" for human "sins"by impregnating a little virgin girl 2000 years ago, growing into a God/man so that It could be tortured to death by the humans, and further, that this God wishes humankind to drink blood and eat God flesh on a regular basis as a remembrance of the holy death, then don't buy this book! If you suspect that the true meaning of life, and God's plan has nothing to do christianity, or any other religion for that matter, then gain some strength by getting some truth - read Christ Conspiracy and bolster that knowlege with any of the other texts referenced by Acharya. I loved it, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a wide ranging - yet easy read on this fascinating subject.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#54 Dec 30, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
You read and understood the part where the offices and people listed in the article don't exist in the Somali federal government and that no part of the Somali government has cancelled Christmas?
The article is laughable because it's fairly transparently poorly researched nonsense intended to inspire anti Muslim panic. The writers didn't even bother to use actual government offices or people that serve in the Somali government.
Just like the New Testament bible! No research, no graves of the people mentioned, and no thought about how four uneducated fisherman on the run from the Romans AND the Jewish religious zealots, could sit down and comfortably write a he said- she said story, without actually doing it FIRST PERSON, ie, Book ACCORDING TO...

NOW, If you wrote a letter would you write ,"According to Transposition...????? No you wouldn't, and neither would anyone else! So WHO wrote these stories? The Romans of course!! They had the wherewithal, the literary experience, and a motive to cause jews to worship a Roman emperor in the guise of a poor, righteous carpenter jew,who died for their sins. It's interesting how little hints of respect for Ceasar pops up periodically in the New Testament. "Give unto Ceasar" ," Turn the other cheek (don't rebell against Roman brutality) " and other such quotes!

Read the Book of Romans in the bible. More truth of a Roman author will come to light!

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#55 Dec 30, 2013
wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> Just like the New Testament bible! No research, no graves of the people mentioned, and no thought about how four uneducated fisherman on the run from the Romans AND the Jewish religious zealots, could sit down and comfortably write a he said- she said story, without actually doing it FIRST PERSON, ie, Book ACCORDING TO...
NOW, If you wrote a letter would you write ,"According to Transposition...????? No you wouldn't, and neither would anyone else! So WHO wrote these stories? The Romans of course!! They had the wherewithal, the literary experience, and a motive to cause jews to worship a Roman emperor in the guise of a poor, righteous carpenter jew,who died for their sins. It's interesting how little hints of respect for Ceasar pops up periodically in the New Testament. "Give unto Ceasar" ," Turn the other cheek (don't rebell against Roman brutality) " and other such quotes!
Read the Book of Romans in the bible. More truth of a Roman author will come to light!
I tend to be a bit more worried and disappointed when people believe fictional news stories than when people choose to believe fictional-seeming religious beliefs. Everyone's religion seems pretty silly from the outside, so I tend to not care much at all, until people start using their religions as a reason to limit the freedoms of others. I want people to continue to happily their suspend their disbelief to engage with their faith but really want the to turn their critical thinking back on for things like current events!

Medina, OH

#56 Dec 30, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
You moronic, condescending little twit.

The reality of the conduct of muslims all over the world is there for all to see.

And yet you come on a local thread, for a city that you have no ties to,
disputing the validity of an single related article.
Try this link
http://lmgtfy.com/...

What is "laughable" is the amount of effort you are willing to expend to excuse or deny the behavior of muslims.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#57 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
You moronic, condescending little twit.
The reality of the conduct of muslims all over the world is there for all to see.
And yet you come on a local thread, for a city that you have no ties to,
disputing the validity of an single related article.
Try this link
http://lmgtfy.com/...
What is "laughable" is the amount of effort you are willing to expend to excuse or deny the behavior of muslims.
Let's talk this out.

Can you give me a quick 1-2 sentence rundown on why you think the Somali government cancelled Christmas? Then we can go through it together, break down what parts of the story can be researched and can both look up those points to see if any of the article's contents can be verified or dismissed.

It sounds like a load of work but took me under 2 min to work out that the article was a hoax. Working through it together can't take much longer than that.

Medina, OH

#58 Dec 30, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk this out.
Can you give me a quick 1-2 sentence rundown on why you think the Somali government cancelled Christmas? Then we can go through it together, break down what parts of the story can be researched and can both look up those points to see if any of the article's contents can be verified or dismissed.
It sounds like a load of work but took me under 2 min to work out that the article was a hoax. Working through it together can't take much longer than that.
Apparently you lack the intellect to realize that I have not been debating the validity of the single posted article with you, or you believe you can continue to deflect from my actual posts.

http://lmgtfy.com/... +

Try giving me a quick 1-2 sentence rundown why you are wasting my time defending muslims while they are hanging gays, stoning women, murdering Christians and non muslims, burning churches etc.etc. etc.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#59 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Apparently you lack the intellect to realize that I have not been debating the validity of the single posted article with you, or you believe you can continue to deflect from my actual posts.
http://lmgtfy.com/... +
Try giving me a quick 1-2 sentence rundown why you are wasting my time defending muslims while they are hanging gays, stoning women, murdering Christians and non muslims, burning churches etc.etc. etc.
So, you agree that the posted article isn't factual. And don't seem to be offering a specific objection to any claims I've made in this thread.

But you would also like it known that Muslims are bad. And also that I'm stupid for having demonstrated that this article is false, as you feel that insisting on factual evidence in exchanges is defending those bad Muslims.

Good times. Always great to get to chat with a proper Rhodes scholar.

Medina, OH

#60 Dec 30, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you agree that the posted article isn't factual. And don't seem to be offering a specific objection to any claims I've made in this thread.
But you would also like it known that Muslims are bad. And also that I'm stupid for having demonstrated that this article is false, as you feel that insisting on factual evidence in exchanges is defending those bad Muslims.
Again, I have made no comment related to the article either way so we are NOT agreeing on anything.

I have given you several alternate links to comment on. I noticed you have avoided them, no surprise, they are not so laughable.

enjoy

http://www.mererhetoric.com/2007/09/24/photog...

Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#61 Dec 30, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you fail to denounce the acts of Vlad the Impaler.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#62 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Again, I have made no comment related to the article either way so we are NOT agreeing on anything.
I have given you several alternate links to comment on. I noticed you have avoided them, no surprise, they are not so laughable.
enjoy
http://www.mererhetoric.com/2007/09/24/photog... .
You posted a link to it, right here, claiming that it was true:
<quoted text>
errr....cause the Somali muslims have pretty much murdered any remaining Christians???????
Hence no need to forbid the celebration of a holiday that no one is alive to celebrate.....
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/...
Somalia has about 1,000 surviving Christians. And that’s a challenge in a country where everyone is either in an Islamic militia or trying to move to the United States to sponge off welfare and plot terrorist bombings.
In 2009, four Christian orphanage workers were beheaded for refusing to convert to Islam. Now Somalia has gotten enough of its act together to ban Christmas.
On January 17, 2013, the United States formally recognized the Federal Government of Somalia as an acknowledgement of the recent political and security gains in Somalia.
The United States is committed to assisting Somalia. At the second London Conference on Somalia on May 7, Deputy Secretary William J. Burns announced plans to provide, subject to Congressional notification, an additional nearly $40 million for Somalia.
Since 2009, the United States has provided over $1.5 billion in assistance to Somalia, including $545 million in FY 2012.
The U.S. Government hopes to continue substantial financial support to Somalia in future years that will support Somalia’s progress and transition to longer-term development.
Meanwhile Somali migration to the United States continues unabated so that the United States can become as peaceful and tolerant as Somalia.
Meanwhile Obama has plowed at least $1.5 billion into the terrorist Muslim hellhole.
more fun
http://morningstarnews.org/2013/11/christian-...
But hey...you are just not bright enough to figure out who the players are over there, are you?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/sheikh-...

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Avj1dyOeN...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash-Shabaab_%28S...

woof

Medina, OH

#63 Dec 30, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted a link to it, right here, claiming that it was true:
<quoted text>
But hey...you are just not bright enough to figure out who the players are over there, are you?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/sheikh-...
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Avj1dyOeN...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash-Shabaab_%28S...
woof
LMFAO

You dumb Shyte, I made not such claim.

I can't believe you copied and pasted my post and still misread it.

Christ no wonder you dumb fuques vote for Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congratulations, Cleveland.. 9 min d pants 21
Mystery surrounds sources of many Bill Clinton ... 54 min Duke for Mayor 41
I (was a lifer) am a Dem and I’m Voting for Tru... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 14
Melania Trump Speech 2 hr Slim Pickens 130
Hillary = NWO Dirtbag 2 hr Seriouslady 7
"Lock Her Up" 4 hr Zoe Regen 9
Wikileaks Shows DNC Colluding With CBS News 5 hr Guccifer 2 9

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance