Would you date/marry outside your own race?

Created by wondering on Jun 3, 2013

170 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#718 Jun 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Historically the Post Office, as a federal agency, was a place where educated blacks and black veterans could be hired when doors were still being actively shut in their faces elsewhere.
Even out hiring across the board and it will likely impact the USPS--if it is still around.
So--yes, it is a result of racism, but not in the way that you are suggesting.
Favoritism of a race beyond their percentage of the population is racism, period. What's interesting is that you excuse it if it goes on one direction. Your "get even" mentality shines brightly through a variety of subjects.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#719 Jun 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Validity has to do with whether you are in fact measuring what you purport to measure.
You are claiming that the scores are valid measure of the achievement of public school students as compared to home-schooled students. Yet, your sampling method is biased. Hence the validity is in question.
No one denies plain truth more regularly on this forum than you.
Be proud.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#720 Jun 12, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no one ever said you don't give special consideration to your friends. But anyone you don't pal around with, you're utterly disrespectful to. Fact.
Wrong...again.

I don't "pal around" with George. We disagree on subjects, and I'm not in the popular crowd here (I'm OK with that, I tend to march to my own drummer). But in all this time, he has never been disrespectful to me. Ever.

Planet Earth

#721 Jun 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Validity has to do with whether you are in fact measuring what you purport to measure.
You are claiming that the scores are valid measure of the achievement of public school students as compared to home-schooled students. Yet, your sampling method is biased. Hence the validity is in question.
It measures two (or three if you include private schools) groups of "students who took those particular tests", and comparing those groups. I'm not comparing students who took the test to students who didn't. Where is the bias? What is the invalidity?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#722 Jun 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, I am something of a data geek and tend to support testing--particularly because of the things that it reveals.
But that doesn't mean that I am clueless about what it does not reveal. If you want to use a test to compare two populations, you need to make certain that the populations are equivalent. If one tested group consists of the whole population, while the other consists only of those who plan to enter college, you are not testing equivalent groups and the results will be biased.
There have been all kinds of test-based comparisons claiming to show that home-school students outperform public school students, or that private school or charter school students outperform public school students. But in the very few instances where there are sufficient controls to ensure an equivalent comparison those differences tend to evaporate.
One such comparison that has shown some significance is in the college-attendance of students in charter vs public schools (comparing students who applied and were selected by lottery to attend charter school with those who applied and were not selected by lottery). In that comparison the charter school students were more likely to attend college.
In 2004, the homeschoolers/private schoolers began outperforming public schoolchildren. That's a fact. Data is only a tool and part of the whole picture. I'm certain that your children have good English skills and probably are interested in a number of subjects. But I'm not certain that many of today's parents, who can't even find the time to cook a decent meal ever, are as concerned.

Planet Earth

#723 Jun 12, 2013
^^I'm indirectly comparing the methodologies of how those particular students were prepared (their learning up to that point).
Che Rulz

Columbus, OH

#724 Jun 12, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
^^I'm indirectly comparing the methodologies of how those particular students were prepared (their learning up to that point).
You errantly assume that someone cares. Yawn. Boring.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#725 Jun 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Historically the Post Office, as a federal agency, was a place where educated blacks and black veterans could be hired when doors were still being actively shut in their faces elsewhere.
Even out hiring across the board and it will likely impact the USPS--if it is still around.
What's the historical connection of racism and COTA? Aside from it being too dangerous for white drivers to traverse most of the routes.

Hilliard, OH

#726 Jun 12, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...again.
I don't "pal around" with George. We disagree on subjects, and I'm not in the popular crowd here (I'm OK with that, I tend to march to my own drummer). But in all this time, he has never been disrespectful to me. Ever.
Thank you!

Hilliard, OH

#727 Jun 12, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet this guy went to Colby too.
You went...where?

Hilliard, OH

#728 Jun 12, 2013
LOL at porrrch munkey RU_kissingobamasass showing us his single nut. Hey, Porchy! I bet your real name is Johnny...

Since: Jan 12

South Charleston, OH

#729 Jun 12, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't put words in my mouth.
<quoted text>
I just wonder why the racial makeup isn't the same as the general population, and why it's "good" for there to be more blacks than the general population, but "racism" for there to be more whites than in the general population. Double standards abound.
30% is too many?? Are whites applying in mass like the black s? Can the reverse be applied to corporate offices? Whites there are more than 3/4!!!

Hilliard, OH

#730 Jun 12, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>30% is too many?? Are whites applying in mass like the black s? Can the reverse be applied to corporate offices? Whites there are more than 3/4!!!
You're 13% of the US population, 27% of the Franklin County population. You have no cause to cry.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

#731 Jun 12, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...again.
Nice post.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Location hidden

#732 Jun 12, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you spinning hurricane answer avoided the simple questions?
can they make change for a dollar?
how much for the 2 oranges and an apple?
either the math was to difficult for you, or you figure excuses carried you this far.
which is it?
Well, RS, your writing skills are always a bit lacking, so it wasn't quite clear that you were asking those specific questions.

To my knowledge there have been no comparative studies asking those specific questions of the graduates of public schools and those who are home schooled.

South Charleston, OH

#733 Jun 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a historical fact that can be searched and proven. It gets under my skin how everything that a black accomplished had to be taken from someone white ...in the diluted thinking of men like Tony. I've been in several different fields of work, and I can witness that there were white men in positions who should've never been in them for lack of competence.

I had a supervisor who pulled in $15k a year more than me, and this dude didn't know shyt about the job...period! Called me into the office weekly to ask information. He was the friend of the manager's nephew. He was white, of coarse, but to Tony that's normal how things work.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#734 Jun 12, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you!
You're welcome.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#735 Jun 12, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet this guy went to Colby too.
Wherever he went, they obviously didn't have an emphasis on grammar.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#736 Jun 12, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...again.
Because you tend to be more conservative. He would never allow anything to happen to one of his own.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

#737 Jun 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, RS, your writing skills are always a bit lacking, so it wasn't quite clear that you were asking those specific questions.
Yada, yada, yada. This is topix not a collegiate writing course. You know every one of our, those are regular posters, writing style. Oh brilliant one, inference is not book learned. Go ahead, play Spook's retarded skunk. I think the skunk is more tolerant and smarter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What ails the black family? Hard realities! 4 min d pantz 115
North Korea 10 min Duke for Mayor 16
Gambling in Ohio Must Be Done Responsibly (Feb '12) 46 min Brice N Livingston 19
America needs Jesus Christ and the Word of God 1 hr d pantz 58
INJUSTICE….for sure! 1 hr RU_Kiddingme 36
Pam BizzyBee Linda Catman and all other nice pe... 1 hr RU_Kiddingme 93
They all look alike! 2 hr filthy obamas 2
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News