Man shot during chase with deputy | The Columbus Dispatch

A man has been critically injured and a Union County deputy hurt after a shooting in Marysville early this evening. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
findley

Columbus, OH

#24 Aug 10, 2010
Happened near a housing project? What a shock.

Hope officer shot in face is ok.
Hmmm

Southern Pines, NC

#25 Aug 10, 2010
Actually that particular "housing project" is an upper class neighborhood. So yeah, it was a shock.
animal control

Bellefontaine, OH

#26 Aug 10, 2010
WOW Man,,Over by the "Projectz"?!
Country Style Justice

London, OH

#28 Aug 11, 2010
Man they're efficient up there is quaint little 'ol Mayberry (Marysville).

Country-style justice baby! Yeehaw! Round 'em up boys!
Country Style Justice

London, OH

#29 Aug 11, 2010
familyfirst wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want to live in a world with no cops?. have some respect, these are good cops, not on drugs. And sure hope they had a field day hunting down the low down dirty dog. Glad they did their job and did a very fine job at that.
The police in Marysville can be proud they serve a citizenry that respects them and the good people of Marysville can be proud they live in a community where police do such a fine job. A jury found that the Diamonds of Marysville are animals. And the only animals we need in our society other than livestock and zoo animals in cages are the cute cuddly ones. I just hope this particular animal wsa exterminated before he could reproduce. Probably not though because white trash tend to breed like the rats they are. Here's the deal white trash. We live in a corporate world. And what that means is that you grow up, you get an education and you go to work for a corporation which produces a product or service to the betterment of someone who buys it and to the betterment of those who offer it and to the betterment of a peaceful and productive soecity as a whole which in turn reinforces this natural harmony, thus spreading peace nad prosperity further. White trash detract from this modern-day Garden of Eden, this land of milk and honey where milk and honey are indeed cheap, and are to be exterminated like the white trash they are. We don't need scum like the Diamonds of Marysville. Be gone with 'em. And be gone with this one in particular. You're darn straight. The Marysville Police did a very good thing yesterday. A very good thing indeed.
thomas

Ashland, OH

#30 Aug 11, 2010
POLICE 1
BAD GUY 0
THANK, GOD OUR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, OR INNOCENT CIVILIANS WERE NOT SERIOUSLY HURT.
UNFORTUNATE FOR THE BAD GUY, BUT SOCIETY IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM.
MAY, HE REST IN PEACE...
shakra2

United States

#31 Aug 11, 2010
There will always be situations where the community doesn't understand the details of a lethal encounter like this one. Domestic violence calls, often combined with alcohol or drugs makes for a potentially lethal outcome. Why then would some members of society be quick to blame the peace keepers for merely trying to stop the violence? Should people without respect for the safety of others be allowed to run rampant over the lives and property of others without some sort of consequence? To those out there who are so willing to condemn law enforcement, please tell us how you would've handled the situation, especially after the bad guy deliberately fired at the police? Duck and cover? Hide? Run away? You folks really need to get a dose of reality! There will always be a small percentage of people who are unwilling to live in harmony with the rest of society and it is always those that eventually pay the price. Why should the rest of us be victimized by this sort of miscreant?
Beatrice

Columbus, OH

#32 Aug 11, 2010
Who pulls a gun on the cops? What'd the guy think he was doing, playing real life Grand Theft Auto?

What an idiot.
Chris

Columbus, OH

#33 Aug 11, 2010
Nobody finds that out of control that the witness said the shots just kept coming and coming....sounds like an organized gang of gun toting yahoos if you ask me
Mee

Columbia, SC

#34 Aug 11, 2010
He was SCUM and the police were just thinning the herd. Sounds like a nice area of town: poverty, crime, guns, thugs, murder, rape Section 8 housing, food tamps, entitlement programs. etc..

Since: Jan 10

Olancha, CA

#35 Aug 11, 2010
Chris wrote:
Nobody finds that out of control that the witness said the shots just kept coming and coming....sounds like an organized gang of gun toting yahoos if you ask me
hey short bus you do realize when there are 7-10 officers and they are all firing that it sounds excessive. Let's try to put this in perspective so you might understand. You are in a car with your family and parents, the robber shoots and hits your mom. your whole family is trained and carry guns on them. do you shoot one time and see if the guy shoots you back or do you shoot 4-5 rounds to make sure no one else but your mom gets injured.

If some criminal has the audacity to shoot at you or your family you better kill him because if he has any life and bullets left, he will try to kill you all. why is it so hard to use common sense when you are a libtard?
Jay

Marysville, OH

#36 Aug 11, 2010
It was my own neighborhood, which is not the projects by any means. Where are you people getting your news? Our neighborhood is inclusive of 2 elementary schools, an intermediate school, multiple paths and playgrounds, open green spaces in which families walk, exercise, and socialize with one another. There are ALWAYS children outside.

Regardless, ammunition has been known to rip through walls. I can't imagine a single parenting neighbor of mine willing to give their Wonder-Pets watching toddler or napping preschooler over to gunshot. We moved here for a reason. Safety from the kind of base morality the suspect demonstrated. In addition, of course the witnesses said shots kept coming. If one of them has ever before witnessed a shootout I would be stunned. This is a shock to the neighborhood.

The suspect, from where WE gather news, was also involved in a domestic violence episode a few years ago at his mother's 2nd marriage. He received multiple stab wounds, as did his father. Only later they found out that the knife-wielding step-father was protecting himself from an attack by the other two. Doesn't sound like this guy's got a lot of positive citizenship background to me.

To those crying "unfair," I demand equality for myself and my children as an upstanding citizen and to liken me with this sort of person makes me physically ill. The fact that he randomly chose to enter a family neighborhood in which he had no business during his run from the law, then exiting the car with ANY kind of gunfire shows me that he hoped to use our children to protect himself. Only those guilty beyond someone's doubt run and cower behind children for protection.

I couldn't be more proud of, or thankful to, the Marysville and Union County law enforcement. Compare it to Downtown Columbus and be mistaken. These officers are hunters when necessary and we in Marysville are safer for it.
Hope

Marysville, OH

#37 Aug 11, 2010
Well, first off, JAY, just because you live in an inclusive neighborhood, that doesn't mean you are any better off than say, Jack who lives on the "wrong end of town". Jack has neighbors who keep an eye out for him and his family, wouldn't ignore a noise (that sounds like a smoke alarm) go unchecked, even if it isn't his place, Jack would be the first one to come help you, unlike some of "those people" who live at "the right end of town!" Just because you make good money, drive a nice car, live in a fancy house, doesn't make you any better than anyone else or safer than anyone else! I wouldn't spend the kind of money you spent on a house there when I could buy a nice fixer upper or just a nice piece of land and build my own place, out in the country. But no, we want new!! Ick! Guess what, people who live at Muirfield, don't want "your kind" in their neighborhood! Also by the way unless your little subdivision is individually paying for those parks, schools themselves, we the tax payers are paying for it. I think the last time I visited a friend of mine at Mill Valley, I passed many places that were unkept, possible foreclosures and well, I wouldn't want to live right up close and personal like you all do. Oh, and just because
Nope, I take my 3 acres in the woods, nearest neighbor 2 miles down the road, and you all can keep your "paradise." It is ideals like this that keep children or anyone for that matter thinking they cannot succeed because they are poor!
I am thankful no one was injured other than the suspect, I applaud the sheriff office, the Marysville fire and rescue and the hospital. Also remember, if this man had children, they may read this, or his nieces and nephews, don't make them feel any worse than they already do. God knows life is hard enough.
John Doe

Mcdonough, GA

#39 Aug 11, 2010
alchemy wrote:
Regardless of what really happened cops and the system always need to have far more respect for domestic situations than they do. It should be more like somewhere between where you and I would fit in which is "NOYFB" and doing only what they absolutely have to. Good people get into crazed situations with their mate. It doesnt mean they should die for it and a cop showing up and playing badass has no logical place in it.
This person died because he was stupid enough to shoot at the police, not for the domestic situation. He died because of his poor life choices. He is the one that made those choices, and he alone is the reason he is dead.
Jay

Marysville, OH

#40 Aug 12, 2010
Hope wrote:
Well, first off, JAY, just because you live in an inclusive neighborhood, that doesn't mean you are any better off than say, Jack who lives on the "wrong end of town". Jack has neighbors who keep an eye out for him and his family, wouldn't ignore a noise (that sounds like a smoke alarm) go unchecked, even if it isn't his place, Jack would be the first one to come help you, unlike some of "those people" who live at "the right end of town!" Just because you make good money, drive a nice car, live in a fancy house, doesn't make you any better than anyone else or safer than anyone else! I wouldn't spend the kind of money you spent on a house there when I could buy a nice fixer upper or just a nice piece of land and build my own place, out in the country. But no, we want new!! Ick! Guess what, people who live at Muirfield, don't want "your kind" in their neighborhood! Also by the way unless your little subdivision is individually paying for those parks, schools themselves, we the tax payers are paying for it. I think the last time I visited a friend of mine at Mill Valley, I passed many places that were unkept, possible foreclosures and well, I wouldn't want to live right up close and personal like you all do. Oh, and just because
Nope, I take my 3 acres in the woods, nearest neighbor 2 miles down the road, and you all can keep your "paradise." It is ideals like this that keep children or anyone for that matter thinking they cannot succeed because they are poor!
I am thankful no one was injured other than the suspect, I applaud the sheriff office, the Marysville fire and rescue and the hospital. Also remember, if this man had children, they may read this, or his nieces and nephews, don't make them feel any worse than they already do. God knows life is hard enough.
If I offended you, I apologize. My intent was to stand up for Marysville against those whom decried our neighborhood and law enforcement while supporting less than stellar behavior by the suspect.

In defense, I believe you misinterpreted my post. I believe our neighborhood is nice, not "paradise," and never stated such. In fact, I would love to be able to afford your three acre wooded lot :) It sounds as if the things I mentioned as making our neighborhood nice are also things you enjoy at your home (large green areas, a playground, albeit yours is nature's playground...) In addition, I have no problems (nor does anyone I know) associating and befriending people of any economical status. In fact, many of us are "Jacks" that have saved our salaries to get a house we wanted or needed. Surely most people can relate to having to save to get what you want or need. That you believe people in our area of homes have an issue accepting people unlike them could also contribute to keeping 'children or anyone for that matter thinking they cannot succeed because they are poor!' I urge you to reconsider those ideas.

That being said, my post is true to my opinion. In my family, we own up to the issues and struggles of each member. We also acknowledge when they have gone wrong and do not hide their errors to spare feelings. Younger generations do not learn to avoid making the same errors as their elders if all is hidden to spare them their feelings.'Life IS hard enough' without creating a generation of those that cannot handle troubles and tribulations because their feelings might be hurt. It is even harder when those defending the innocent are adamantly opposed by those supporting people whom break laws, as those posting prior to you and I were doing. The news articles are just as, if not more, brutal than my post. If this man's relatives find my singular post they certainly have seen the news articles as well. I cannot imagine that feelings will be spared when the video on the confiscated cell phone is eventually released/leaked in this case.
animal control

Bellefontaine, OH

#41 Jul 16, 2013
ohsssffizzfirPAI N

Mount Vernon, OH

#42 Aug 19, 2014
ohsssffizzfirPAI N

Mount Vernon, OH

#43 Aug 19, 2014
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>This person died because he was stupid enough to shoot at the police, not for the domestic situation. He died because of his poor life choices. He is the one that made those choices, and he alone is the reason he is dead.
widh 130 bullitz in hizz back .......Baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 22 min Trash Collector 336
Rootin Tootin Putin 23 min Trash Collector 9
Censoring Male. 25 min Trash Collector 15
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 26 min Trash Collector 29
The Republican Controlled House and Senate 54 min Neutral Party 51
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Neutral Party 4,802
Public Flogging 2 hr Jose 19
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 4 hr yup 283
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News