Man shot during chase with deputy | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A man has been critically injured and a Union County deputy hurt after a shooting in Marysville early this evening.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bobo

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

if the cops aint killing us we are killing eachother
whocares

Seneca, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Suspect was armed with a shotgun and fired one shot at a deputy at the end of the chase, hitting him in the face with 2 birdshot pellets before additional officers fired. Bottom line running from the police is a bad idea, shooting at them is an even worse one!
Dirty Dingus McGee

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

bobo wrote:
Yeah but from the sound of this story, we're BETTER SHOTS!
Mr B

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Bravo, another miscreant killed, saving taxpayers the cost of a trial, jail time, and mitigating the future threat of a psycho back into society.
familyfirst

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

hope the officer is alright. and I hope this town does not get bad like Columbus. Marysville Police did a good job.
disrespectful

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

ignorance must be bliss for "wineflu" who is the one who is probably drunk or on drugs! The training that any public services team goes through is extensive and they personnel always tries to take care of things that are best for both parties involved. it is ashame that men and women in the public services near "swineflu" would be putting their lives in jepardy if needed for someone who doesn't respect his/her own life and doesn't respect the acts of incredible courage it takes to go to work knowing anything could happen when you leave home and put that badge on. I hope others like swineflu reconsider what you say and blindly react about these everyday men and women who can become hometown heroes daily through incredible strength of mind and body.
alchemy

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Yeh I bet thats what happened.
familyfirst

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

bobo wrote:
yeah maybe in Columbus, but it's not bad out here yet. give it time though. The cops did a good thing today.
familyfirst

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

swineflu wrote:
probaly most the marysville cops were either drunk or on drugs, bet they had a field day hunting down this one
Do you really want to live in a world with no cops?. have some respect, these are good cops, not on drugs. And sure hope they had a field day hunting down the low down dirty dog. Glad they did their job and did a very fine job at that.
alchemy

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Regardless of what really happened cops and the system always need to have far more respect for domestic situations than they do. It should be more like somewhere between where you and I would fit in which is "NOYFB" and doing only what they absolutely have to. Good people get into crazed situations with their mate. It doesnt mean they should die for it and a cop showing up and playing badass has no logical place in it.
disrespectful

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Praise to the Marysville Police Department for the service they provided to the community of Marysville. Happy Hunting to the MPD!
matt

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Shoot first. Ask questions later. Then the cops are cleared. Can't we all just get along.
Lfod

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Shoot the dirtbag faster. The next time it might not be birdshot.Glad the officers are ok.
Mr D

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Following pursuit of someone fleeing from a police officer, unable to stop the suspect from entering a community at the busiest time of day for the families in the area. if someone started firing a shotgun at me or in my neighborhood and unresponsive to any other form a communication than violence he is using i would have wanted the police department to handle the situation in the best way that they are trained to handle the situation. Great job and service provided by the public service departments involved with this situation. Keeping the neighbor quiet and safe again for the families living in Marysville.
Simon

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Knowing those clown troopers, they probably botched the whole job and screwed it up and caused it to end this way.
Bodie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

No story here. Good guys won and all those guys went home okay.
Vuvuzela Jabulani

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Other than extra paperwork what is the downside of a criminal being shot and killed?
Taxpayer

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

swineflu wrote:
probaly most the marysville cops were either drunk or on drugs, bet they had a field day hunting down this one
Swineflu, you are pathetic! Marysville is proud of its law enforcement officers.
brenda

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

I think Mr. Slater shouldn't be arrested at all. I think the passengers that were fighting should be arrested. I hope that Mr. Slater sues those ladies for hitting him with that over head compartment door. So what he let that chute down without looking below. Those men that work below the plane are in more danger than a air filled shoot coming down on them. I know a lot about working with the public and people can be mean, they know you can't do anything to them but think they can do or say anything to you. Mr. Slater gets my thumbs up. The people that think he's going to be hurting for money are wrong, if I were him I'd sue the airlines for not standing behind him.
Wrong Thread

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

brenda wrote:
I think Mr. Slater shouldn't be arrested at all. I think the passengers that were fighting should be arrested. I hope that Mr. Slater sues those ladies for hitting him with that over head compartment door. So what he let that chute down without looking below. Those men that work below the plane are in more danger than a air filled shoot coming down on them. I know a lot about working with the public and people can be mean, they know you can't do anything to them but think they can do or say anything to you. Mr. Slater gets my thumbs up. The people that think he's going to be hurting for money are wrong, if I were him I'd sue the airlines for not standing behind him.
...sheesh...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
When will Obama be Arrested???? 30 min Zombie Corpse Rental 31
Where is Catman Dave and BizzyBee 47 min d pantz 89
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 49 min xxxrayted 28,468
President Obama violated Constitution in 2012 1 hr Male 98
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 1 hr d pantz 65
Do you agree with Obama spending $260/day on il... 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Michelle Obama f/k/a Michael LaVaughn Robinson 1 hr Enwordo 3
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs