Con man's mistress given 2-year term | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Pamela McCarty, 49, must pay $844,000 in back taxes and faces restitution to lenders.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
retired banker

Bonita Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

In 3 decades of banking this woman is the most devious, nastiest, dishonest and conniving person I ever encountered. She made a great deal of money by misusing other people including her own clients. She is a victimizer, not a victim. Her Parenteau caper is only one of several chapters for this con artist and she'll do it again given the opportunity.
Elizabeth Edwards

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

Ugggggggly. And so typical for this woman to blame it all on her john. She's nothing but a filthy tramp and deserves every minute and more in prison.
Mike in Colorado

Nederland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

Did you know that Pamela mothered 2 children from this rat, not knowing that he was still married. His disquised secretary was actually his wife that Pamela knew nothing about. This is not the first time he went after an attractive lady with a criminal agenda. He had this criminal agenda before meeting Pamela, stole her heart, fathered two lovely children, hopefully in prison the rest of his life. This would have never been the case if she had met this domestic terrorist.
God bless her 2 lovely young daughters!
Jethro

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

There appears to be a disparity of justice in sentencing Ms McCarty to 24 months and Mrs Parenteau to 33 months.
Kman

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

Poor little Snow White got involved with a married man, buried her head in a cesspool of cash to the point of drowning, and now we are to believe it is not her fault. She should have to wear a big sign the rest of her life that reads "PIG."
common sense

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

SHE should have been given the maximum sentence. Many abuse survivors do NOT commit crimes....this is crap..all because of tears?
Central Ohio Local

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

Mike in Colorado wrote:
Did you know that Pamela mothered 2 children from this rat, not knowing that he was still married. His disquised secretary was actually his wife that Pamela knew nothing about. This is not the first time he went after an attractive lady with a criminal agenda. He had this criminal agenda before meeting Pamela, stole her heart, fathered two lovely children, hopefully in prison the rest of his life. This would have never been the case if she had met this domestic terrorist.
God bless her 2 lovely young daughters!
Mike, although you may be her brother you need to accept your sister for whom she really is. She knew Marsha and Tom were married well before she began her trist with him. She worked with Tom's sister at Dominion Homes for multiple years and was well acquainted with the family. In fact she began her affair with Parenteau while still married to her 2nd husband. Pam (Pamela) has snowballed you the same way she has eveyone that has crossed her path. God bless thier children indeed. Karma is a bitch.
oh brother

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Where are they sending her??? far, far away hopefully.
Could Not B Tricked

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

Anybody that knows Pam knows she is the ringleader. Classic Pam in her ten minute diatribe....."Toxic Engagement" Not Able To Stand Up to Him"...classic Pam.... I once heard someone say "the best man won" when she ousted a SR VP...who was a truly a good guy....the manipulation that occured there and her current situation is legendary....She throws everybody under the bus to save her own skin....
oh brother

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

Could Not B Tricked wrote:
Anybody that knows Pam knows she is the ringleader. Classic Pam in her ten minute diatribe....."Toxic Engagement" Not Able To Stand Up to Him"...classic Pam.... I once heard someone say "the best man won" when she ousted a SR VP...who was a truly a good guy....the manipulation that occured there and her current situation is legendary....She throws everybody under the bus to save her own skin....
Many many many people have been victims from Pam McCarty's manipulative behavior. Maybe someday she will look at herself instead of blaming everyone around her. She will have plenty of time to "think" that is for sure. She was definitely the ringleader and look at how many people went down. Without her "evil creative" mind this might not have happened.
Make it Happen

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Where will they send Pam to serve her time..?
Former Employee

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

common sense wrote:
SHE should have been given the maximum sentence. Many abuse survivors do NOT commit crimes....this is crap..all because of tears?
Pam McCarty was not called the "top sales representative" for nothing! This is what she did to make a living.....lie, cry, and manipulate! She made millions doing it and now she's doing it to our government and us. Just another day in the life of Pam McCarty.
Affiliate in the Industry

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

Not nearly enough time for the lives she wrecked to live her self indulgent, carefree, no conscience way of life. And shame on all who affilated with this very visible and transparent fraud!
Affiliate in the Industry

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

There is not a maximum that could be placed to compensate for the damage this witch imposed upon so many people's lives. And shame on the people around her who allowed it to go on so long and all who aligned themselves and accepted her into their institutions of business, you are no better.
relative but not by blood

Avon Lake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

There is one part of this story that REALLY, REALLY BOTHERS ME! She should go to hell for accusing her father of sexual abuse! I knew her father well and grew up with him and I was never(as a little girl or young lady) sexually violated in any way!!! He spoke so highly of her in so many ways it breaks my heart to hear her speak about him that way! Quite a few things add up now, how she always had fancy cars and lots of bragging to do! IT MAKES ME SICK! I am sorry to hear how much of an embarrasement she is to the McCarty's.I sure hope she gets hers because she so deserves it!!!!
G unit former co worker

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

I was once asked in an interview who was the best salesperson I have ever seen and I answered Pam McCarty. They then asked me who was the worse sale rep I had ever seen and the answer was Pam McCarty she could get u lathered up and then turn on you in a second. She loves to play the victim and is one of the greatest actress I have ever seen, can shed tears on command. The only thing truthful or real is her breast augmentation. G...g...g....unit
Jane

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

I did a search of Federal Slammers and she is not incarcerated. Where did she go? She probably talked her way out ot.
Jane

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

I would also like to add that it is a shame her talent & brains were used to steal. I hope she is able to put her life back together... I bet when she is released she will come back bigger and better. you guys sound like a bunch of haters.
Janes admirer

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Hatred is the root of evil (haters are not better than these criminals and their conduct) Jane thank you for standing up for my friend who accepts responsibility that is hers to accept and works very hard to grow from this tragedy. The story will come alive in truth it is not pretty, it is not quite all that is in the papers and media--we all know that and anyone that knows her knows that to be true--she lives in and accepts the hell she has created with great remorse and sorrow.
A friend

Woodland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

All you haters who think you know something about this case who really don't know anymore then what you've read in the paper or saw on the news; do you really believe you have quality information? Did you know that the gov't had enough evidence on Tom Parenteau to put him away even without Pam's testimony? And by the way, every word of her testimony turned out to be true. They had a mountain of evidence that supported her testimony which pointed at him as the head of this mess. Did you know that it was Tom and his accountant that falsified her tax returns after she signed them? Did you know that he acted as his own attorney and asked Pam during cross examination, "Isn't it true Miss McCarty that if it wasn't for you I would never have been caught?" Did you know that he threatened to kill her if she every talked? Mr. Parenteau is an anti-social narcissist who should never be allowed to inflict himself on society again. Pam McCarty did what she did and she has took responsibility for it. She wore a wire and recorded Tom admitting to everything he was convicted of doing, even though he had threatened to kill her if she ever crossed him. Even today, he's never admitted he did what he did and is still trying to appeal is sentence. She is doing her time and has taken positive action while in prison to become a better person. Its so easy to hate when you don't know the truth, but how could you know, you weren't at the trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? 25 min Surprise 13
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 29 min Curious 1,960
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Resigning 35 min TonyD2 93
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 58 min Pale Rider 2,168
Many Voters Say Obama Lies 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 11
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 1 hr Real Tea Party 131
Korean sinking ship has "less whites"! Another ... 1 hr Real Tea Party 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search