No one knows what happened that night except Zimmerman and Martin. And Zimmerman made sure that Martin can't tell his side.<quoted text>
You have evidence that Zimmerman "brandished a firearm" prior to the beating?
However, based on all the available information, a very real possibility is:
1. Zimmerman and Martin came face to face.(Doesn't matter who approached who.)
2. Harsh words were exchanged.
3. Zimmerman showed his gun to frighten Martin.
4. Martin, fearing for his life, made a decision to "Stand His Ground" and attacked Martin.
5. Zimmerman used his weapon to shoot (murder) Martin.
As I said, nobody knows for sure but Zimmerman. I could be wrong, but so could you. At least I'm willing to admit it.