|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have evidence that Zimmerman "brandished a firearm" prior to the beating?
No one knows what happened that night except Zimmerman and Martin. And Zimmerman made sure that Martin can't tell his side.

However, based on all the available information, a very real possibility is:

1. Zimmerman and Martin came face to face.(Doesn't matter who approached who.)
2. Harsh words were exchanged.
3. Zimmerman showed his gun to frighten Martin.
4. Martin, fearing for his life, made a decision to "Stand His Ground" and attacked Martin.
5. Zimmerman used his weapon to shoot (murder) Martin.

As I said, nobody knows for sure but Zimmerman. I could be wrong, but so could you. At least I'm willing to admit it.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, any number of "Stand Your Ground" laws.
Come on Chucky,

If you're gonna keep posting in favor of Zimmerman it's no fun.
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Chucky,
If you're gonna keep posting in favor of Zimmerman it's no fun.
As I said earlier I believe it is most likely Martin was the one standing his ground. I've also stated that it is possible that I am wrong.

What I don't understand is why you are so willing to just take Zimmerman at his word. What is it that makes him unquestionable to you?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows what happened that night except Zimmerman and Martin. And Zimmerman made sure that Martin can't tell his side.
So, you have no evidence.
However, based on all the available information, a very real possibility is:
1. Zimmerman and Martin came face to face.(Doesn't matter who approached who.)
2. Harsh words were exchanged.
3. Zimmerman showed his gun to frighten Martin.
4. Martin, fearing for his life, made a decision to "Stand His Ground" and attacked Martin.
5. Zimmerman used his weapon to shoot (murder) Martin.
As I said, nobody knows for sure but Zimmerman. I could be wrong, but so could you. At least I'm willing to admit it.
There are all kinds of "real possibilities". You have to exclude all reasonable possibilities of innocence in order to find guilt.
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have no evidence.
<quoted text>
There are all kinds of "real possibilities". You have to exclude all reasonable possibilities of innocence in order to find guilt.
You don't have any evidence either. Yet, you just swallow Zimmerman's story hook, line, and sinker. Why?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said earlier I believe it is most likely Martin was the one standing his ground. I've also stated that it is possible that I am wrong.
What I don't understand is why you are so willing to just take Zimmerman at his word. What is it that makes him unquestionable to you?
Actually Chucky,

I don't know what really happened. I was NOT there.
I am willing to freely admit it.

I just like to mess with "white Guilt" folks that post with certainty that "evidence" proves that the "white Hispanic" Z is 100% guilty of killing the cherubic Martin adolescent.

Had Z been identified correctly as part Black, part Hispanic, part Jewish and a Democrat you and I would have never heard of him.
They cannot kill a spook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have any evidence either. Yet, you just swallow Zimmerman's story hook, line, and sinker. Why?
Look at the history of both. Zimmerman has been a defender of his community while Trayvon has been nothing but a.drug dealing thuglet. To me Zimmerman is not guilty of anything but culling the herd.

Give Zimmerman a box of ammo and a year off of paying taxes
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Chucky,
I don't know what really happened. I was NOT there.
I am willing to freely admit it.
I just like to mess with "white Guilt" folks that post with certainty that "evidence" proves that the "white Hispanic" Z is 100% guilty of killing the cherubic Martin adolescent.
Had Z been identified correctly as part Black, part Hispanic, part Jewish and a Democrat you and I would have never heard of him.
At least you admit it.

I do, however, think my story make s a lot more sense than the one Zimmerman is telling. But, he'll have his day in court.

BTW - That name Zimmerman; It sounds Jewish to me.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been some folks found innocent who I was sure did it. Trials are never guaranteed, despite your gut feeling. I would at least acknowledge that this might not go your way, Reader. If the glove don't fit...
Several different things going on here, WW. First, I do believe that George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin. And at this point, it's a good bit more than a gut feeling.

Now--I'm not going to lay any bets on the outcome of the trial. I was one who believed in OJ's guilt also, and was surprised when he got off. But, as an interested observer in this case, Zimmerman does not have anything like the legal team that OJ had. We know already that he killed Trayvon becuause he told the police, immediately. So--there is far less case that has to be built by the prosuction. We already know he was there and he pulled the trigger and that this was the reason that Trayvon died.

If the judge grants the motions in limine just filed by the prosecution, the defense case shrinks considerably. They will not be able to base their case on defamation of Trayvon's character through previous school records, social media posts, references to gold teeth or an array of nicknames or "handles" that he may have used. All of these are irrelevant to the question at hand and with an in limine ruling the defense won't even get to introduce them and have them ruled on after the jury has heard them.

Now, there are a number of true believers here who swear that Zimmerman acted in self-defense. It would be nice if they could produce some evidence other than their personal belief that Trayvon was a thug. Nice for Zimmerman that is. Because without evidence, all he has on his side is his story. And he will have to convince a jury with it. And he will have to withstand cross examination challenging him on every detail that has altered along the way and every piece that doesn't fit with the known timeline, the location of the body, the audio analysis and the DNA findings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm whiskey eh.
Tempting, but scaring kiddies is not in my repertoire.
Besides, I am pretty busy with the free pizza biz these days.
Oh, I thought the whiskey was the reason for the short notice.
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

They cannot kill a spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the history of both. Zimmerman has been a defender of his community while Trayvon has been nothing but a.drug dealing thuglet. To me Zimmerman is not guilty of anything but culling the herd.
I've looked at the same history you have, and I would say that Zimmerman was a vigilante who enjoyed going out at night with his pistol and looking for trouble, and Martin was a just kid who liked to smoke a little pot like millions of others.

Culling the herd? That's just evil.
They cannot kill a spook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you admit it.
I do, however, think my story make s a lot more sense than the one Zimmerman is telling. But, he'll have his day in court.
He has Peruvian in him as well as jew. Just a regular Heinz 57

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

boobarians wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman quit following and Trayvon vanished. it isn't possible to follow someone who has vanished, is it? Zimmerman did go to the back gate to meet the police and along the way he was jumped and attacked. Witnesses heard the altercation and even saw Martin on top of Zimmerman. The screaming sounded very much the way Zimmerman sounds. I am still curious about the kid that was waiting for Martin to return. The shooting happened right outside his door. He had to know something happened which is why I have to wonder why his mom and Martin's dad were clueless. How would they not be aware of a shooting? Why were they not concerned about Martin who was supposed to be going on a short trip to the store?Since he didn't know anyone in town, it seems very odd his father never bothered to call police when he didn't come home. He had to know about the shooting because the kid who had to have seen it since he was only a few feet away. I'll bet they knew what happened and figured there was some big money in the wings for this. And they were right about that!
Lotta highly irrelevant stuff there. One correction, however. Trayvon did know someone locally and that was his cousin. He had spent time with the cousin the previous day. That cousin was the first person dad called the next AM, followed by the police when the cousin said he hadn't seen him.

There is nothing to indicate that Zimmerman went to the back gate to meet the police. He didn't tell the dispatcher that he was going to do that and his story is that he turned around (after supposedly going through to the next street to check on an address) and headed back to his truck.

However, heading south on Retreatview Circle--rather than heading back to his truck--fits better with other things, such as where two figures were seen and the direct they were heading, which is from south to north through the dogwalk area. Also eats up some of the unaccounted for time. But it doesn't fit his story of walking back and being jumped at the "t."

As far as vanishing, Trayvon didn't "vanish" after Zimmerman stopped following. Zimmerman set out running after him and lost sight of him. That does not say that he didn't keep looking. In fact, if he turned and headed back to his truck, as he claims, he would have been just finishing his call when he got there.
They cannot kill a spook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
I've looked at the same history you have, and I would say that Zimmerman was a vigilante who enjoyed going out at night with his pistol and looking for trouble, and Martin was a just kid who liked to smoke a little pot like millions of others.
Yes Zimmerman was looking for trouble. He found it and exterminated it like stepping on a cockroach on a Detroit sidewalk.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you admit it.
Your story is just that, your story. You were not there.

This whole on going story is about race Chucky.
It has been brought to you courtesy of the Black grievance industry.

Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton no doubt made big bucks through contributions.

The "white guilt" folks and angry Black folks cried their eyes out
as soon as the Media called him a white guy.
Yet no one cares about the daily black on black killings across the nation.

The news media sold a lot of papers and MSDNC saw their ratings increase for a minute.

As for Z's race here are a couple of links 4 ya.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-1...

http://visionsfromthehorizon.blogspot.com/201...

enjoy

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have any evidence either.

I don't NEED any. Innocent until proven guilty, remember? Prove,... not "It could have been this or it's possible that it was that". PROVE!
Yet, you just swallow Zimmerman's story hook, line, and sinker. Why?
Nope. I assume a version that portends innocence until it is proven wrong. Same as the law does.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I thought the whiskey was the reason for the short notice.
Apparently when you post as Kosmik you have first hand experience huh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

<quoted text>
Again--the story of Zimmerman as a defender of the community comes pretty much from Zimmerman. His brother Robert attacked the NAACP again last week with the mythology that it was George who organized support for the homeless black man beaten up by a policeman's son--while the NAACP refused to get involved.

There are no facts, no evidence, nothing to support this story except the word of one George Zimmerman (and now his brother).

He also claims to have mentored a couple of poor black kids. Yet, nobody has ever interviewed the kids, or their family, or even located a sponsoring organization.

The claims of a rash of neighborhood crimes that George was standing against also pretty much falls apart when the actual instances of crime are examined, particularly in conjunction with George's record of police calls and what they were for.

This has become the flim-flam of the century and y'all are a bunch of suckers who have been taken in.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
If your body develops a cancer, a cancer that serves no purpose but drains the body of energy, don't you cut it out? Why should society not do the same?
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes Zimmerman was looking for trouble. He found it and exterminated it like stepping on a cockroach on a Detroit sidewalk.
You're an evil person.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Duke for Mayor 30,438
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 10 hr Truth 2,281
RIP Ashley Stevens 12 hr Sissy 1
The Michael Brown Case 12 hr Duke for Mayor 49
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 13 hr d pantz 3,183
10 Investigates: Teachers Caught Recording, Con... 13 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 14 hr Male 259

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••