Pryor says he's 'sorry for what all w...

Pryor says he's 'sorry for what all went down' | BuckeyeXtra

There are 254 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 15, 2011, titled Pryor says he's 'sorry for what all went down' | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor apologized yesterday for his role in creating the misery that NCAA violations have caused Ohio State, and he took responsibility for the resignation of former coach Jim Tressel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
shameful

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Jun 15, 2011
You have lost all respect and credibility-your "press conference" is a sham and laughable-your new handler should be embarrassed and is a disgrace to professional sports. "A shout out to Coach Tressel"-you are a jerk. Glad there are so many other athletes that our youngsters still have to look up to-as for you pryor, its the perfect lesson for them in how not to live your life. Glad you somehow found the money to travel to miami-kind of an expensive trip for the employed,let alone the unemployed.
Mike Smith

Annapolis, MD

#2 Jun 15, 2011
Apology accepted and yes, i was the first to throw you under the bus.

I wish you well Pryor and no ill fate on your future.

Hopefully you'll learn from your actions and in the future think twice about who you may be affecting by your actions.

It's time to be a man and be accountable.

This was your first step and I saw it in your eyes.

Thanks
Carol

Lebanon, OH

#3 Jun 15, 2011
Okay so he apologized, as well he should, but I don't get that he took responsibility for anything. Even he says he accepts responsibility what does it really mean anyway? It means "Yeah, I did it....what are you going to do about it now?" I still don't get the on-going love affair between Tressel and Pryor.......maybe Tress is going to get a cut of Pryor's future earnings or something......
Go Bucks

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 15, 2011
Maybe it is just time to move on. Fickell said that in his press conference. Tressel and Pryor are no longer at Ohio State. One apologizes and the other one doesn't. Pryor was not responsible for all of Tressel's troubles-he was just one of the catalysts that brought everything out. Both men are gone from Ohio State. Time to look forward to the future.
clyde

Brunswick, OH

#5 Jun 15, 2011
Does anyone know if Luke Fickell gets a pay raise? I mean his assistant coach job must pay a fraction of Coach T's multi-million dollar price tag. Luke should not get what Jim got, yet, but he deserves something as an incentive. Also, was he given any freedom to change staff? Like the pathetic O-coordinator Bolman. Or the QB "coach".
deano

Circleville, OH

#6 Jun 15, 2011
jerk
tootsie

Dublin, OH

#7 Jun 15, 2011
"In terms of Ohio State, I'd like to say sorry to the coaching staff, say sorry to my teammates, say sorry to all Buckeye Nation and all Buckeye fans across the country," Pryor said. Pryor didn't learn anything! Sorry doesn't cut it. Step up to the plate and talk like an educated man. Say, "To the coaching staff, I am sorry. To my teammates, I am sorry. To all of the Buckeye Nation and Buckeye fans across the country, I am sorry."

When you say "sorry", you sound like a little child. Say, "I am sorry" and mean it!
Eric W

Asheville, NC

#8 Jun 15, 2011
Got to love the timing...with an agent...trying to make himself marketable.....wasn't to sorry when he showed up to Tressels resignation in a car with 30 day plates on it....give me a break!!
nmetro

Loveland, CO

#9 Jun 15, 2011
He is as sorry as the head of any Wall Street bank, head of BP, Congressman Weiner, or any other public figure who offered a true, co called "apology". Pryor's apology looked empty, forced and certainly was not sincere.
Tate

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 15, 2011
Yea.....you're SORRY ALLRIGHT you probably started all this crap and now you are going to move to the pros make big money and FORGET all the people AND the university that got you there ...typical self-centered mind set . You appreciate nothing it's all about you Pryor ...YOU SUCK get out of OHIO and stay out !!!!!You're overated anyway !!!
97 Seconds of comments

Troy, MI

#11 Jun 15, 2011
Will someone explain to me exactly what TP is sorry for?
Frankie

Columbus, OH

#12 Jun 15, 2011
TP is a loser.
GlitterSucks

Columbus, OH

#13 Jun 15, 2011
97 Seconds of comments wrote:
Will someone explain to me exactly what TP is sorry for?
That he got caught.
Bucks fan

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 15, 2011
The press conference looked like a courtroom. Agent tells Pryor what to say in the little amount of time possible. It looked more for the agent's benefit than for Pryor's. It looked like a lawyer trying to save or establish his reputation and he did not want his client screwing it up.
ODB

Columbus, OH

#15 Jun 15, 2011
I'm sorry too, Terrelle.

I'm sorry that the Buckeyes ever brought you on board.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#16 Jun 15, 2011
Great athlete and college quarterback, wish you all the luck in the world TP.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#17 Jun 15, 2011
ODB wrote:
I'm sorry too, Terrelle.
I'm sorry that the Buckeyes ever brought you on board.
Coach Tressel is the reason OSU is in trouble, not TP. If you wanna hate you should hate Coach Tressel. He lied and repeated it on several occassion!!

Tressel brought down the show!!!
Love conquers all

Canal Winchester, OH

#18 Jun 15, 2011
"Genuine love endures all" is taken from the proverb that "Love conquers all." Tressel's love for Pryor is the Love of a father for a prodigal son, a love that endures despite all the disasterous and foolish decisions that the prodigal son makes that destroy much of his life's work. Such love is rarely seen in life,(let alone in sports), and is a testament to the true character of these two men. Tressel the father whose love endures and Pryor the prodigal son who comes to realize his disasterous actions have hurt both himself and the father (Tressel) that he (Pryor) loves.

Perhaps only Jim Tressel understands this young man for Tressel said when recruiting Pryor that he (Pryor) was "grossly misunderstood" by the majority of fans.
gjzuidy

East Lansing, MI

#19 Jun 15, 2011
TP has zero chance of being an NFL QB.. let's hope he grows up and is productive in life. But coming out of sweaterliar's "system" at osu gives him little chance...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#20 Jun 15, 2011
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Coach Tressel is the reason OSU is in trouble, not TP. If you wanna hate you should hate Coach Tressel. He lied and repeated it on several occassion!!
Tressel brought down the show!!!
True, but who is it that put him in that position?

That said, I hope he means that apology and isn't just playing up his image. Time will tell, maybe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets all Google the word "Idiot" 8 min Enter Username 26
Is Russian Government a Friend of the U.S.? 3 hr Let Freedom Ring 83
What about Jim Jordan? 5 hr Dutty Boukman 180
News Ohio courts play important role for immigrant c... 5 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 19
Hillary sold 20 percent of American Urainum to ... 6 hr American 46
Support Trump & Putin, Stop Mueller Rite Now 6 hr Above da Law 1
Why bother with Russia? Russia Economy Sucks. B... 7 hr Reality Speaks 5

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages