General principles

For his own good

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#307 Apr 19, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. People are accustomed to background checks, but registration was repealed in Canada.
There is the illusion that this is somehow just a few clicks on the computer, as E-Verify is. Now I support allowing everyone to access the NICS system, but I'm against making it mandatory as that is registration, which leads to confiscation.
Once UBCs are called registration, and the DOJ admits it can't work without it, they will fail as they did.
We are more mobilized, you have Bloomberg's cash.
I recall tons of leftists whining about Koch Bros cash...
Got those NRA talking points down, don't you?

Sorry little marionnette.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#308 Apr 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No--whoever was using the name of Karl yesterday looked a lot like George.
Truth to be told, last night even Gokeefe was sounding a lot like Georgie during the heavy rampage. Began to think maybe he had hacked into her account somehow.
Shark. You jumped it.

Location hidden

#309 Apr 19, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a statist bootlicker.
Complete and total non-sequitor.

Location hidden

#310 Apr 19, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>The Passenger
Columbus, OH
Reply ยป
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
9 hrs ago
Judged:
[Funny]
[Agree]
[Nuts]
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You're starting to melt down again, K. Take a deep breath and realize how stupid you sound talking about your fantasies of throwing punches.
Funny, you conveniently fail to recall all the times you chickened out of face to face with those you tried to bully. You were the number on no show.
I know you don't have the nads to meet me. Bring a gun or two, I dare you.
Is that your style, Reader? You like that?
He's right.

I seem to recall that you chickened out of coming face to face with me. And I'm just a middle-aged white woman who doesn't carry.

Location hidden

#311 Apr 19, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>So, I fought it out alone with K and Johnson last night without conjuring up my alter egos? Now why would I do that if I had all those names, Reader?
Do you ever think?
Got tired of switching computer screens.

Or thought you were being foxy.

Who knows? Why ask me--you are the only one who knows what you have been up to.

Location hidden

#312 Apr 19, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>So much for our system being designed to protect the minority, huh Reader?
In 1964, what did the majority want?
You leftist whiny hypocrites are so predictable.
Congressional reps are elected by majority.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#313 Apr 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You LOST. Get over it.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#314 Apr 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Got tired of switching computer screens.
Or thought you were being foxy.
Who knows? Why ask me--you are the only one who knows what you have been up to.
Thanks for exposing your idiocy.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#315 Apr 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right.
I seem to recall that you chickened out of coming face to face with me. And I'm just a middle-aged white woman who doesn't carry.
You carry a cell phone and you made it clear that you and your daughter were afraid of the crew at Dick's. Imagine if I had been there. You would have called the SWAT team. You have the cops on speed dial.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#316 Apr 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. They were in 1964, too. Now, how would you have liked it of they went by your logic back then?
Are you really that two-faced?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#317 Apr 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No, GOA and JPFO

I encourage people to join as many orgs as possible

Ivy League-ISIS

#318 Apr 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in Washington, California and Louisiana.

The rest are elected by plurality.

(some states have different rules on special elections)

Ivy League-ISIS

#319 Apr 19, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You LOST. Get over it.
We don't win until a ton of people are in prison.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#321 Apr 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha!
Your alter-ego George was up all night with him.
Just woke up!
You really are delusional. For trying to appear so astute...epic fail.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#322 Apr 19, 2013
The Passenger wrote:
<quoted text>
There was once a point that I liked reading your posts and the humor you injected. Since you've become a George neophyte the humor and thoughtful writings are but history. You're a shell of your former self and a shill for George the loser. He has a perfect record of picking and backing losers.
Really? Thanks for the compliment. You haven't read a stitch of what I've written then. George and I have disagree before, but quite civilly and quietly. That, if you reflect, is often my main point: that one can disagree, discuss, debate, and even walk away with a "gentlemen's agreement" to "agree to disagree" and still respect each other. George and I, both "conservative." But we each have our own views, however subtly different, are substantially important. For once, I don't give a sh!+ about gay marriage. But I do wholeheartedly support 2nd Amendment rights, a strong military, am pro-life, and wish to keep government as small as possible--a Reaganite I am in many ways. To me, George is more Barry Goldwater. But I do understand his thinking and respect it. And I don't passive-aggressively attack anyone. Neither does he. Much respect to be had, right there. If I'm a loser in your view for having agreed with him at times, or supporting his right to express his opinion, my ego is neither tarnished nor diminished.

You are a charlatan in my view if you can't identify who you are, graybox. Thanks for playing.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#323 Apr 19, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Thanks for the compliment. You haven't read a stitch of what I've written then. George and I have disagree before, but quite civilly and quietly. That, if you reflect, is often my main point: that one can disagree, discuss, debate, and even walk away with a "gentlemen's agreement" to "agree to disagree" and still respect each other. George and I, both "conservative." But we each have our own views, however subtly different, are substantially important. For once, I don't give a sh!+ about gay marriage. But I do wholeheartedly support 2nd Amendment rights, a strong military, am pro-life, and wish to keep government as small as possible--a Reaganite I am in many ways. To me, George is more Barry Goldwater. But I do understand his thinking and respect it. And I don't passive-aggressively attack anyone. Neither does he. Much respect to be had, right there. If I'm a loser in your view for having agreed with him at times, or supporting his right to express his opinion, my ego is neither tarnished nor diminished.
You are a charlatan in my view if you can't identify who you are, graybox. Thanks for playing.
Aw, shucks ma'am...I'm blushing. Thanks.

Ivy League-ISIS

#324 Apr 19, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
It's important to understate that their is noticable ideological divergence.

I don't think you are understanding Goldwater correctly. Tony is the most like Goldwater, not George.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M._Ashbrook

I regard him as more like this guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_conserv...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributism

This is the best explanation of my ideology.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#325 Apr 19, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's important to understate that their is noticable ideological divergence.
I don't think you are understanding Goldwater correctly. Tony is the most like Goldwater, not George.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M._Ashbrook
I regard him as more like this guy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_conserv...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributism
This is the best explanation of my ideology.
There is always ideological divergence. That never really rattles me, there is divergence between all individuals. I respect anyone who can express the difference, and their philosophy, without fear. What I most despise are those who feel they need a basis of attack FIRST without understanding the opposition, re Che or Reader.

Here's why I chose the Goldwater analogy:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAgoldw...

Goldwater, if anything, was wisely pragmatic, even though he was an abortion supporter and voted against the Civil Rights Act. He fully understood what his actions would convey, and he honestly was no bigot or racist. He fully understood, in my thinking, the extension of the role of federal government in private or locally civil matters. I happen to see that in George's thinking. No more, no less, complicated than that.

Ivy League-ISIS

#326 Apr 19, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
There is always ideological divergence. That never really rattles me, there is divergence between all individuals. I respect anyone who can express the difference, and their philosophy, without fear. What I most despise are those who feel they need a basis of attack FIRST without understanding the opposition, re Che or Reader.
Here's why I chose the Goldwater analogy:
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAgoldw...
Goldwater, if anything, was wisely pragmatic, even though he was an abortion supporter and voted against the Civil Rights Act. He fully understood what his actions would convey, and he honestly was no bigot or racist. He fully understood, in my thinking, the extension of the role of federal government in private or locally civil matters. I happen to see that in George's thinking. No more, no less, complicated than that.
Ashbrook was a Goldwater supporter, though I don't know if Goldwater had aired thoughts on abortion in 1964.

Admittedly in 1964 my ancestors almost certainly backed LBJ and the Ds were not yet Anti American. I consider myself to be quite on the right, though I'm economically an unconventional centrist.

"Goldwater's shift was largely a reaction against the leaders of the New Right, for whom his dislike grew stronger as their influence increased. In 1981, Goldwater said of the leader of the Moral Majority, "Every good Christian should kick [Jerry] Falwell in the ass." He also had personal reasons: one daughter and three granddaughters of his had had abortions; and a grandson and a grandniece were homosexual. In 1937, his wife, Peggy, had become a founding member of Planned Parenthood of Arizona, and the couple remained active in the organization throughout Goldwater's Senate career. Though he initially rejected Planned Parenthood's position on abortion, his long association with the group would ultimately make a convert of him. For Goldwater, private considerations like these sometimes trumped abstract philosophy."

http://www.claremont.org/publications/crb/id....

(Piece speaks positively of him)

IMO, Goldwater's biggest achievement is military reform, which of course no one paid attention to.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#327 Apr 19, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro-lifers do not believe in keeping abortion legal. You do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make America Great Again 39 min Pale Rider 379
Trump TOUR 4 hr Pale Rider 15
Religion in our schools..... 6 hr Atheist 109
News One critical after shooting in South Linden 6 hr TheTruthIs 1
Trumpeters crying in their leader's failed pro... 7 hr BizzyBee 7
Save Your money for Trumps security 7 hr BizzyBee 5
News Columbus part of lawsuit accusing Fannie Mae of... 7 hr GrowUp 2
Lesbifriends: Corporate Success 11 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 35

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web