Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ohio-sos-rac...

By Tom Blumer, Ohio Watchdog

The 2014 race for Ohio Secretary of State is shaping up as a quintessential “lesser of two evils” contest.

Last week, state Sen. Nina Turner, D-Senate District 25, officially declared her candidacy in a run to unseat Republican incumbent Jon Husted.

Those who wish to see Ohio return to a relatively fraud-proof, tamper-proof elections process — something the state had until late 2005, when a Republican General Assembly passed legislation allowing early voting and no-excuses absentee balloting — will find little to cheer about in either candidate.

It’s unlikely that Turner or Husted will face primary challenges, or that a credible third-party general-election contender will appear.

Turner says some of the right words, but it takes easy research to determine she has very little concern for ensuring ballot integrity. She claims that she wants Ohio to be “the gold standard for elections,” but tarnishes the idea with nonsense like this:

“… it doesn’t matter … who you are or where you live, you will have unfettered access to the ballot.”

Sorry, Turner. For starters, it does matter where you live. It would be nice to know that people who vote in Ohio actually live where they say they do. It’s clear election officials don’t always know that.

In the 2012 general election in Hamilton County, 47 registered voters claimed to possess the magical ability to squeeze themselves into the post office boxes where they said they “lived” when they go to bed each night. At least three of them actually lived “out of state or out of county.” Of course, these are the people who were caught. It’s very likely that many other registered voters cast their ballots in a precinct other than the one where they really lived, improperly affecting the vote counts in numerous local contests.

Despite many scandalous examples, Turner insists on having the most permissive voting regime possible.

Demonstrating the fundamental bankruptcy of her arguments, she smears as a bigot anyone who might dare believe otherwise and make even modest attempts at proper electoral oversight, as the following quotes among many gathered at Ohio MediaTrackers from just a few of Turner’s multiple appearances last year on MSNBC’s “The Ed Show” illustrate:

“It is absolutely shameful that Jim Crow has been resurrected in this country, particularly in the state of Ohio.”

“The state of Ohio has become the new South, and not in a good way … some of my Republican colleagues have chosen to wear a blue suit over a white sheet in the 21st century.”

“(I)f you are poor, working class, middle class, elderly, African-American, Hispanic, or a woman, you are S.O.L. when it comes to Republicans. They are making it very clear that they don’t care — they are here to oppress and suppress, and they don’t care how they steal the vote.”

As late as October 2012, Turner claimed that voter fraud “does not exist,” despite obvious examples that occurred during the 2008 election.

Turner wasted hours on a 15-page “report” alleging that tens of thousands of Ohioans had their votes “suppressed” last year, and has called Jon Husted the “Secretary of Suppression.” He most definitely is not.

Despite his post-election enforcement posture early this year and his unsuccessful attempt to impose a common-sense early voting deadline a few days before Election Day last year, Husted also has been far too permissive.

After declaring his support for a voter-ID requirement at the polls to fend off a tea party-backed challenger during his 2010 Republican primary campaign, Husted did a complete about-face, and successfully pushed to keep it out of related legislation during his very first year in office.

In 2012, he sent out absentee ballot requests to each of Ohio’s more than 6 million active...

“Old Right”

Since: Jan 13

State-Run Media

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Wow, that's a full on Anti White Racist campaign.

Turner will be smoked, but Husted is a RINO tool.

Kris Kobach or Scott Gessler he is not.
They cannot kill a spook

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

With turner if I paint myself black I can vote no on every school levy in the state of course every teacher will be able.to vote yes a.dozen times as well. Looks like the choice is sh1t or manure.
Geronimo

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

They cannot kill a spook wrote:
With turner if I paint myself black I can vote no on every school levy in the state of course every teacher will be able.to vote yes a.dozen times as well. Looks like the choice is sh1t or manure.
As with most of your posts there's little difference between the two.
They cannot kill a spook

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Geronimo wrote:
<quoted text>
As with most of your posts there's little difference between the two.
What is wrong won't the Indian from the Village People give you a reach around?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr Oops 1,980
non religious requesting prayer 1 hr Heart broken 1
What kind of God drowns 300 kids? 2 hr Duke for Mayor 3
question 2 hr Shanikwah 4
Congress Cost FYI 3 hr Duke for Mayor 91
Krauthammer: Benghazi DONE, Administration Won! 3 hr Troll Watch 27
Kansas shooting: Anti White Racism 4 hr Wait what 8
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 4 hr Real Tea Party 169
Check out the map......KKK and hate groups incr... 5 hr Buckeye at birth 41