Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>You're comparing apples to oranges. I'm talking generally as to the state of the obesity epidemic; there are plenty of reasons and/or excuses as to why people are fat. Yes, medications, tumors, thyroid issues, etc. can cause weight change. That is a small percentage compared to the number of people are just fat because they don't know when to put down the fork or say no to dessert.
Anorexia isn't the only eating disorder. I'm surprised that you don't have more compassion for the "heifers", as you called them. No one likes a slovenly obese person, that's a fact. But some are so trapped emotionally that it's not about the potato chips.
The Passenger

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Glittersucks, RD, LD
Ignore that sweetie, I'd be head over heels for you if you were able to land at your natural weight.
I'm 5'8" and tip the scales at 175. By the doctors chart I'm 'overweight' I've barely got an ounce of fat, I've very solid and well defined but they claim I need to fast or something.
Knowing your afflictions dear, don't let them affect you. Thin is not in and I've no use for a boney maroney.
kosmik

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
So why when someone has a benign t umor it is surgically removed yet when some has a essentially a tumor aka fat roll they are told to exercise and eat less even though removal would have imediate positive changes in things like blood pressure and blood sugar?
I ask this from an engineer view point.
Spook PE PS
As usual you are speaking from your rectum. According to you all overweight people should endure surgery to fit your notion of acceptance.

Let us know when you (if ever) land a gal and post a pic of her here. I'm guessing any gal of any size that showed attention to you you'd be all over you. Yet the standard you've set has left you lonely.
kosmik

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Disagree. Not in the mood to flex my RD muscle, but I will.
Glitter, while we may have been on different sides of different issues, I will always support and back you in this discussion. Just one kind favor I'll ask of you, never put your health in jeopardy for what you might falsely perceive.

I may not show it but you're one of my favorite gals on here.
kosmik

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
While they need to stop shoving food in like they are stoking a coal furnce the fat rolls can be cut off resulting in immediate improvement in stress on organs etc.
Nothing more disgusting than a fatso with a few lard.ass kids running around a restaurant to ruin an evening.
Saw that Mass. State police colonel on the tv this morning. His fat ass would be running along the freeway untill lost those hog jowls or be out of a job if I were in charge.
Spook, face it, you're damn lucky you got some lots to plow. That's the extent of your business. You're ever evolving claims of being this or that are indicative of a loser trying to bolster themselves.

You need a cat tree and plenty of catmint to bring you back to earth
kosmik

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>That is true. However, there are ways around any surgery. I have a friend that had lapband surgery, lost a shet ton of weight, going out to lunch with her is a nightmare; plan on three plus hours as she will not secede from the clean plate club. She had lipo so that she could wear shorts, I have yet to see her in shorts. Bottom line, over $10,000 spent and results...she is still overweight.
Glitter, this may come as a surprise but there as just as many men who prefer a gal with some 'substance' than a boney gal.

Always keep in mind that if you gain a few, it will fall in the right places and will then gain more self esteem from looks and reactions alone.

I spent 14 years with a very petite gal, it fizzled quickly but we hung on way too late. Right about the time she started dating. I spent many years single, and not without female contact. I finally met the girl of my dreams. We chatted on yahoo and on the phone for a few weeks, maybe a month, and then I met her sight unseen. She's a 'big' gal but I loved everything about her. 8 years later we're happy and healthy.

The moral of the story, your husband loves you, not the anorexic you but the happy you.
kosmik

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Anorexia isn't the only eating disorder. I'm surprised that you don't have more compassion for the "heifers", as you called them. No one likes a slovenly obese person, that's a fact. But some are so trapped emotionally that it's not about the potato chips.
Perhaps the most genuine, heartfelt comment I've ever read of yours.

My girlfriend can look at a piece of cheesecake and gain 10 pounds while I eat three and loose 6 oz from the digestion alone.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Fully aware that anorexia isn't the only eating disorder. It is in my professional opinion that in today's day and age there are more excuses as opposed to portion control and physical activity. Everyone knows what to do and chooses not to do it. The number one question I get asked is how do I lose weight? My unwavering answer, you know, you don't need me to tell you. I go back to an example that I have stated before; a kids meal hamburger at Mc D's used to be the size of the "adult" burger. Portions are out of control and if you choose not to manage it, you gain weight.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Glitter, while we may have been on different sides of different issues, I will always support and back you in this discussion. Just one kind favor I'll ask of you, never put your health in jeopardy for what you might falsely perceive.
I may not show it but you're one of my favorite gals on here.
Ahhh, thanks Kos. I have it under control. Hubby keeps me in check :) To respond to your next post, yes, some guys like a bigger girl. Just the same, they need not jeopardize their health either. There are thin people that are less healthy than "bigger" folks. It is an assessment of the entire body...not just one lab value or someone's weight.
They cannot kill a Spook

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Spook, face it, you're damn lucky you got some lots to plow. That's the extent of your business. You're ever evolving claims of being this or that are indicative of a loser trying to bolster themselves.
You need a cat tree and plenty of catmint to bring you back to earth
The one tracl comminst is back. I see you grasp diversification or owning more than one business. I suppose you think Mark Cuban only owns a basketball team and does nothing else.

Oh and don't forget you have the ootion of suicide, exercise your option.
kosmik

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The one tracl comminst is back. I see you grasp diversification or owning more than one business. I suppose you think Mark Cuban only owns a basketball team and does nothing else.
Oh and don't forget you have the ootion of suicide, exercise your option.
Spook, face it, you're a fantasist. Big ole oil man who plows parking lots on the side, let alone all the other stories you've proclaimed. You post way to much during business hours to even have a daytime job. Unless you're a space filling, unneeded desk jockey like George.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

It is a shame there are so many obese individuals. You see them everywhere. What's so sad, their children are on the same path. I understand there are many factors to this very unhealthy life style. One would think they would be ashamed of their appearance. What is very sad these people are not setting an example for children and young adults. I've noticed two areas which do not set an example to anyone and that are school teachers and members of law enforcement. Can something be done? I doubt it as their unions would approve. Maybe if the overweight individuals would have to pay more for their hospitalization, something would be accomplished.
Interesting

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

When we were all watching the banking collapse of Cyprus,I did'nt see one fat person in the bunch.Why is that?Everywhere you go here in America all you see is overweight people...sad.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Interesting wrote:
When we were all watching the banking collapse of Cyprus,I did'nt see one fat person in the bunch.Why is that?Everywhere you go here in America all you see is overweight people...sad.
The so-called Greek diet is much healthier than what we are used to here in the good ole US of A.
They cannot kill a Spook

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Interesting wrote:
Crap food is cheap here
deep-fried butter

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Oliver Canterberry wrote:
http://www.fool.com/investing/ general/2013/04/15/americas-hi dden-obesity-epidemic.aspx
The United States is the fattest country in the world -- and I'm not talking about our wallets, folks! According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a disheartening 35.7% of the population is considered obese. That's considerably higher than the next closest countries, Mexico, New Zealand, and Australia, which have obesity rates ranging between 25% and 30%.
A huge, but largely preventable, problem
The sad part about obesity is that it's preventable more often than not. Medical costs associated with obesity were estimated by the CDC in 2008 at $147 billion annually, with obese people, on average, registering a cost premium of $1,429 as compared to someone of average weight. Obesity also brings on higher risks of hypertension, heart disease, stroke, Type 2 diabetes, and certain types of cancers.
And it isn't just that being overweight has been shown to be poor for your long-term health; it's that society has surrounded itself in a cocoon that frowns upon obesity from the magazines we read, to the commercials we watch, and the movies we see on the big screen. The push toward creating a healthier lifestyle has begun in our homes with the way we eat, exercise, and live our lives. Unfortunately, as the following U.S. obesity map shows, it's not been nearly enough.
Never mind about the 64.3% who are not obese.

Try thinking of it as Darwin working in his mysterious way.
deep-fried butter

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called Greek diet is much healthier than what we are used to here in the good ole US of A.
Great, move to Greece but, pass me the Fritos before you leave.
deep-fried butter

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Interesting wrote:
Then stay inside or move to Cyprus.
Interesting

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

deep-fried butter wrote:
<quoted text>
See...no one cares,I would love to maybe live in Cyprus,but my family is here.
Interesting

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

deep-fried butter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probally a real pork chop,if you know what I mean.You probally weigh 240 pounds or so and you live on fried foods and are always online.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min Pops 29,100
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 15 min not 2,214
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 20 min Pope Che Reagan Christ 68
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 2 hr Andrew Dice Clay 7
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 2,897
Are PEDOphiles Born That Way 4 hr STFU Breeders 17
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 4 hr Go IDF Go 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search