Pike County man charged in woman's death | The Columbus Dispatch

A 25-year-old woman died last night after being stabbed and crashing her car along Rt. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Big Dog

Lancaster, OH

#42 Jul 18, 2011
This murder is just an unavoidable consequence of the drug crisis in Pike, Scioto and other southern counties. We have an epidemic of crystal meth, oxycontin (hillbilly heroin)and all other drugs. Everyone in the county knows at least one acquaintance who has died of an OD in the last 10 years. It's viral. I know people who shoot up their children's ADHD meds and send the kids to school to fend for themselves. 20% unemployment and 25% of families living below the poverty level in old rotted out trailers. There are twice as many meth labs as there are drugstores and we've had 2 "Pain Management" facilities.

There will be more family violence (probably as we're speaking) and many more deaths this year than last.

And no one in the state gives a sh#t
Anonymous

Logan, OH

#43 Jul 18, 2011
superbad so if u was in the wrong place at the wrong time and u was on drugs its ok u got killed because u was on drugs i guess thats what it sounds like ur sayin about her
superbad

Washington, DC

#44 Jul 18, 2011
Angel -W wrote:
superbad so if u was in the wrong place at the wrong time and u was on drugs its ok u got killed because u was on drugs i guess thats what it sounds like ur sayin about her
I'm saying if she wasn't on drugs and in that area trying to buy them, then this may not have happened. She chose a high-risk lifestyle and increased her chances of great harm or death. It could have been prevented. I don't put myself in high-risk situations! My kids are more important to me than drugs! I chose a better path in life so you're statement really doesn't apply to me :)

Since: Dec 10

United States

#45 Jul 18, 2011
Once again i will remind most of the people on this site this girl was MURDERED!!!! Does it really matter what she was doing? Do you think her family will miss her less because she may have been on drugs? I live in piketon and i haven't heard from anyone news or otherwise that it was about a drug deal gone bad!! The only place that has been discussed is on here. Nobody knows what really happened and the people who have commented on here probably don't know either. More than likely they are people who didn't like her or people who don't even know her. I personally don't know her but don't feel it is my place to judge what she was or wasn't doing. This site is very disrespectful to her family and friends so if you have something bad to say please keep it to yourself!! Many of you may not have ever suffered a loss like this so therefore don't understand what remarks like this can do to the family or maybe you just don't care, but for the ones that do have a heart and still have compassion for people please stop all the negative comments...

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#46 Jul 19, 2011
beth_80 wrote:
Once again i will remind most of the people on this site this girl was MURDERED!!!! Does it really matter what she was doing? Do you think her family will miss her less because she may have been on drugs? I live in piketon and i haven't heard from anyone news or otherwise that it was about a drug deal gone bad!! The only place that has been discussed is on here. Nobody knows what really happened and the people who have commented on here probably don't know either. More than likely they are people who didn't like her or people who don't even know her. I personally don't know her but don't feel it is my place to judge what she was or wasn't doing. This site is very disrespectful to her family and friends so if you have something bad to say please keep it to yourself!! Many of you may not have ever suffered a loss like this so therefore don't understand what remarks like this can do to the family or maybe you just don't care, but for the ones that do have a heart and still have compassion for people please stop all the negative comments...
Was this chapter 2 or 3 of your novel?

United States

#47 Jul 20, 2011
Another Shocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this chapter 2 or 3 of your novel?
That was chapter 2 since you can't count!!! What happened? No more enlightening things to say about my last post to you? This is not the forum to play your pathetic little games this is a serious one! To catch chapter 3 check out the new forum (Novel) Another Shocker is a DUMBASS!!! I will even let you make the first chapter and that way you can be in my credits!!
pissed off

Newark, OH

#48 Jul 20, 2011
thing is with all of this, it goes to show how horrible drugs really are. reguardless of what people do they still have families that love them. that miss and mourn them when they are gone. all these disrespectful things on here are hurting the families involved. please let her rest in peace, and as for shaffners family they lost to. drugs are a disease, and many people have lost from it. just ask all your selfs this, if u had a loved one on drugs and something happened to them, would u mourn for them or love them any less? think about that before u judge, u have no right!
you must be kidding

Wellston, OH

#49 Jul 20, 2011
Blaming the victim is the same reason so many crimes like child abuse, domestic violence, and rape are never reported. She was murdered (period). My thoughts and prayers are with the families of all involved. God Bless.

Piketon, OH

#50 Jul 20, 2011
To Pissed off and you must be kidding i am so glad someone on this forum feels like i do. I think most of these post are very uncalled for and very disrespectful to the families!!! Don't have anything else to say but thanks to both of you for your compassion and understanding and i think more importantly common sense!!!
so-glad-2-b-gone

Winter Garden, FL

#51 Jul 22, 2011
Most don't care at all, you are correct. However, most have no idea how to begin to help try to remedy this horrific situation. It is so very sad to hear of another young person murdered as the result of prescription drugs or whatever the substance was. People used to worry and condemn marijuana and that is the least of the drug problems faced by the small communities in Pike, Scioto, and other surrounding counties. For the most part people who watch the documentaries are much more compassionate than to look at Pike County as a drug-induced community, they actually have compassion. How do I know, simply because I've sat and watched the programs with intelligent individuals who have voiced their concerns. Anyone who doesn't have some type compassion is just not working with a full deck and most likely does not have the education necessary to be able to deal with the problems in an intelligent and logical manner. KUDO's to you for being brave enough to voice your opinion. It is refreshing to read intelligent dialect. Thank you.
Big Dog wrote:
This murder is just an unavoidable consequence of the drug crisis in Pike, Scioto and other southern counties. We have an epidemic of crystal meth, oxycontin (hillbilly heroin)and all other drugs. Everyone in the county knows at least one acquaintance who has died of an OD in the last 10 years. It's viral. I know people who shoot up their children's ADHD meds and send the kids to school to fend for themselves. 20% unemployment and 25% of families living below the poverty level in old rotted out trailers. There are twice as many meth labs as there are drugstores and we've had 2 "Pain Management" facilities.
There will be more family violence (probably as we're speaking) and many more deaths this year than last.
And no one in the state gives a sh#t
Heather

Cincinnati, OH

#52 Sep 24, 2012
First let me say I was a friend of mallory. So for all of you that didnt know her you have no right to say shit about this situation. You didnt know her so I would ask you to just dont voice your opion if you have nothing nice to say. Mallory was a wonderful person and she always had my back. No im not from where she lived at and no i dont do drugs or none of that. So stop talkin about her like she was a no body. She had more strength and hope for her future that anyone would know.She was my bestfriend. And no one can judge her except GOD and who ever judges other will have to face all of them they judged. So remember if it was someone that you loved then you wouldnt dare wright the things you wrote about mallory...So grow up and mind your own business. Because tomorrow is never promised to anyone.
Monica

Akron, OH

#53 Jul 8, 2013
Its been 2 yrs in just a few days since we lost Mallory. We miss her very much. You are all wrong but want to feel important by appearing to know about something so public. The morning after the murder my son asked if I thought she had time to know she was dying. He loved his cousin and the thought of her last moments haunts us all. If someone you love gets murdered, does where or why excuse it? I know it would hurt beyond what u can imagine no matter what. We don't want to hear how sorry you are, Goober was in jail, she barely knew Mike, our records exceeded most in Pike County, people change, Mike wasn't in the car and never in her home or around her kids, and this thread is painful.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#54 Jul 9, 2013
Monica wrote:
Its been 2 yrs in just a few days since we lost Mallory. We miss her very much. You are all wrong but want to feel important by appearing to know about something so public. The morning after the murder my son asked if I thought she had time to know she was dying. He loved his cousin and the thought of her last moments haunts us all. If someone you love gets murdered, does where or why excuse it? I know it would hurt beyond what u can imagine no matter what. We don't want to hear how sorry you are, Goober was in jail, she barely knew Mike, our records exceeded most in Pike County, people change, Mike wasn't in the car and never in her home or around her kids, and this thread is painful.
Well it WAS pretty much dead and buried until you revived it.
Cassie

Fowlerville, MI

#55 Jul 11, 2013
Another Shocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually what I posted is pretty enlightening and should be used as a learning tool for any women who keep men around their lives witht hat type of criminal background. Beth, just a hunch, you are alive today because you haven't dated too many guys with violent pasts.
I feel bad for her, because nobody deserves to die like that and I'm sick of people killing other people liek their lives are worthless. Nobody values life anymore.
All that being said... look at this psychopath's arrest record and decide if she should have been hanging around this guy, especially with 2 kids in the picture.
Your posts are asinine, such as yourself.And I am sure you would be saying the same thing if it had been your daughter or sister...Correct?? Doubtful.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#57 Jul 13, 2013
angeleyes wrote:
<quoted text>So sorry that ppl are so inconsiderate of others. Within the past 2 yrs look at the murder ratings in pike co alone. Weather drugs are involved or not. Ppl arent trustWorthy anymore. Not all of pike co Residents are zombies. Were all never promise tomm. Sorry for the pain of your loss.
Ppl ppl ppl! What the f ck is up with that? Buy some goddam vowels!
I heard

Waverly, OH

#58 Jul 13, 2013
I was a drug deal gone bad. That is what it was! Mallory was on heroin. So was Goober and Monica. She was selling heroin and picked up a customer. He was desperate for the drug and was going to get any way he could. He may have tried to rob her and caused a struggle. That is more than likely what happened. It is no secret that she was selling heroin. It had been going on for some time. What will people do for this drug? It is a very bad drug. People get hooked on it and almost die when they can't get it. It is called withdrawl. People need to know this before they do this drug. It kills. If not in one way, it will in other ways! Please beware!
Monica

Akron, OH

#59 Aug 3, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Well it WAS pretty much dead and buried until you revived it.
Itll never be buried for all of us and ive just been listening to all of you idiots. Why are you all so afraid to put your names on here. Oh, never mind, I already know.
Monica

Akron, OH

#60 Aug 3, 2013
I heard wrote:
I was a drug deal gone bad. That is what it was! Mallory was on heroin. So was Goober and Monica. She was selling heroin and picked up a customer. He was desperate for the drug and was going to get any way he could. He may have tried to rob her and caused a struggle. That is more than likely what happened. It is no secret that she was selling heroin. It had been going on for some time. What will people do for this drug? It is a very bad drug. People get hooked on it and almost die when they can't get it. It is called withdrawl. People need to know this before they do this drug. It kills. If not in one way, it will in other ways! Please beware!
Thanks for the warning, sounds like you may have tried it a time or 2. You are pretty clueless about what happened so you may be pretty clueless about some other stuff to. Drug use in Pike Co. does not excuse murder or make its blow lighter. And for your information I'm far from Pike Co. and going to school. You should do the same and try growing some balls so you can put your name on here. You think you know me? You don't know shit. I was clean when that happened as I am now. I paid my dues and before you drag my skeletons out of my closet look at you own closet door as it remains closed, or so you think. Its no secret that I was a junky and I don't care if the world knows. With my degree I need that past in order to do a hell of a job trying to save someone else from dying alone at the side of the road. For your information, he wasn't in the car. She didn't roll like that.
Train

Wheelersburg, OH

#61 Aug 3, 2013
We all know how Monica likes it! Choo choo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola in America 1 hr Oliver Canterbury 10
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 1 hr Oliver Canterbury 36
Woman Behind Columbus Ebola Hoax Faces $2,800 Bill 2 hr Oliver Canterbury 4
Lawyer booked on charges he stole from guardian... 3 hr Silna 17
President Ebola 3 hr Duke for Mayor 658
Good morning BizzyBee and friends 3 hr They cannot kill ... 18
destiny Gilliam/benbrook 4 hr justagirl 15
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs