Pike County man charged in woman's de...

Pike County man charged in woman's death | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 59 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 13, 2011, titled Pike County man charged in woman's death | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A 25-year-old woman died last night after being stabbed and crashing her car along Rt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22 Jul 15, 2011
HAHAHA wrote:
He jumped in the car!!!!!!!!!! He was sellin drugs. The people that he got drugs from told the cops what they knew and told my parents!
Thanks for the info. How did he jump in the car or do we know? Do you think he hijacked the car with a gun/knife? If so they should arrest him on Grand Theft Auto as well.
js

Herndon, VA

#23 Jul 15, 2011
HAHAHA wrote:
Mallory most likely didn't know him if he was HITCHHIKER. Duh. Her kids are really hurt and i know because her daughter is my friend. He will have his time hopefully he gets the death sentence. He doesn't deserve to be in this universe if he's going to kill an innocent woman. She worked at arby's and she ingored a shift to be with her kids on monday. They went fishing and that was the last time they really spent together. People need to quit critisizing people cause all it leads upto is suicide, homocide or murder. Just stop. If her parents were to see all the comments about her daughter she wouldnt be pleased. If somebody stabbed me and people had said nasty things about me and my parentsd saw it then you would get a post saying to stop. Im pretty sure if Mallory's mom sees any of this, she'd beg you to stop critisizing Mallory.
Please put in your position, what if your daughter/son was stabbed to death would you let people comment bad things about your child. Im pretty sure you wouldn't. Think twice before anyone comments badly about anyone!
If he " jumped in the car" then the car wouldve had to been pulled over on the side of the road? I'm pretty sure he didn't just jump in a moving car going 50mph down the road! And if this wad just a "hitch hiker" let this be a lesson not to pick people up you don't know!!! But everyone who isn't blind or can accept the facts she was buying/selling and it went bad! So let this be a lesson to all the drug users, people will do ANYTHING for drugs/money, even take a young mothers life!!
shame on you

United States

#24 Jul 15, 2011
A life was lost and anyone who is disrespected will have their day of judgement.
Orange

Chillicothe, OH

#25 Jul 15, 2011
Molly wasn't a good girl either up til the end. She went to prison for two tears for stealing out of walmart. Finally got a job. That she likes it all ended in split second .that's a shame.

Since: Dec 10

United States

#26 Jul 15, 2011
To orange who is molly? This post is about mallory pettit. Are you talking about someone else or just a typo?

Since: Dec 10

United States

#27 Jul 15, 2011
Another Shocker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's blatantly obvious you don't care what people think (sarcastic). You just wrote two novels defending your husbands arrest record. Sensative much?
Everytime you post on here your intelligence shows more and more (SARCASTIC). In that whole post or novel as YOU call it i only put a couple of sentences about my husband. What kind of books are you reading? Childrens book perhaps? I am not sensitive at all otherwise i wouldn't have put it on there. I think your problem with that post and every other for that matter is i can make my point and you can't.. I see that your location is hidden and you probably have no clue about Mallory or piketon in general. I don't take people to seriously that won't post their real name. My hunch, is you are nothing but a lonely man/woman with nothing better to do with their life but bash people they don't even know. Your husband/wife probably just got out of prison if you could have found anyone to marry your big mouth ass! My advise to you is go to one of the stupid forums on here if you want to bash people. There are plenty of those that would probably appreciate your pathetic input. Stay off of the ones that are about serious and sensitive issues. Now since you like novels there is your first chapter. Have a nice day!(ALSO SARCASTIC):) <3
so-glad-2-b-gone

Winter Garden, FL

#28 Jul 15, 2011
It is an utter outrage that anyone has to die in the fashion this young woman died. It is even worse to see and read the comments from those who are doing all they can to try to project some sense of intelligence. It isn't working, just so you know. Defending this young mother goes with those who loved and cared for her. They are angry they have lost a friend and her parents are mourning because they lost their daughter. Giving RESPECT at a time such as this is the "RIGHT THING" to do, so why not step back, think if it had been you and your family. Whether the victim's family of the perpetrators family, both will spend many years grieving the loss of life in more ways than one. God Bless each of you.
waverly

Van Wert, OH

#29 Jul 16, 2011
Was she selling for her family Goob Green, or Trying to get his money for him????? Its sad what 2 familys are going thur now BUT its all about Drugs..
sad but true

Van Wert, OH

#30 Jul 17, 2011
waverly wrote:
Was she selling for her family Goob Green, or Trying to get his money for him????? Its sad what 2 familys are going thur now BUT its all about Drugs..
Hey someone finally knows what they are talking about!
wierd

United States

#31 Jul 17, 2011
where is the topix mod? this thread needs to be removed.this girl,regardless of any circumstances,had a mother and children who will mourn her forever. Shame on everyone for posting cruel things about her.
superbad

Chillicothe, OH

#32 Jul 17, 2011
wierd wrote:
where is the topix mod? this thread needs to be removed.this girl,regardless of any circumstances,had a mother and children who will mourn her forever. Shame on everyone for posting cruel things about her.
Cruel, or the TRUTH?? Sometimes the truth hurts to hear it!
i know

Dublin, OH

#33 Jul 17, 2011
she picked him up at his house to buy herion, and it was a drug deal gone bad!!!
dismayed

Hayesville, OH

#34 Jul 17, 2011
Whether she or he was on drugs or selling drugs really isn't what is important. She was only 25 years old and nobody deserves to die over a bag of heroin. She just like anyone else could have been a productive member of society. The fact that she grew up with drugs all around her is one of those factors that caused her to be the way she was. She was a good person inside and nobody deserves to die on the side of the road without anyone they love around them.l
so-glad-2-b-gone

Winter Garden, FL

#35 Jul 17, 2011
Another real crime and dilemma Pike County as well as the surrounding counties are being faced with is the Pill Mills, the abuse of prescription medications, such as Oxycontin and Xanax. I visited Pike and Scioto Counties this past spring and I saw the devastation of what has happened. Addiction is not something that can be shoved under a rug; it is a serious condition which needs to be reckoned with in such a manner in which it is eliminated. At this point though it is going to take an army to get it under control. Too many people are overdosing and being murdered because of it all. It is heart wrenching to see the need for rehabilitation and more heart wrenching to know many people are turning their heads rather than trying to find out how they can help their community, because this isn't just a problem for the addict but for the addicts family, friends, and neighbors. God Bless
so-glad-2-b-gone

Winter Garden, FL

#36 Jul 17, 2011
Does anyone know the names of the parents for the the young woman and the Schaffner man?
I would like to send condolence letters to both.
so-glad-2-b-gone

Winter Garden, FL

#37 Jul 17, 2011
You are so on course it is amazing. I hope that you are able to voice your concerns so as to help others. What you have said is true not only in the rural areas of Pike and Scioto Counties but all over. In Florida the same thing is happening, in West Virgina the same thing is happening. A handful of people are joining together to try make a difference, but if more people like you and me were to join forces surely some good will come from it. Having compassion for those who are less fortunate, who are struggling with addictions, and other afflictions should be human nature but we have been so far removed from that we can't see where we can help. Thank you for your comment, it is again, RIGHT ON COURSE.
judgement-less wrote:
i am sure i am going to catch 4 kinds of slack from this statement.... First, my heart breaks for the young womans family, especially her children and parents. God send them peace and healing I pray. Here is the truth - this society as a whole is so full of drugs it is unlike anything ever before in history. It does not have respect for just a certain league of people. It tempts the poor, rich, sad, happy, lonely, fulfilled, righteous and unrighteous. I have seen it ruin the lives of people that came from good Christian homes to people that came from homes with little or no leadership and teaching at all. It's horrible, beyond sad, and almost hopeless it seems. HOwever, we cannot stop trying, we cannot write people off because the world has sucked them in. that is why society is what it is, NOBODY wants to help anyone anymore, it's all about self absorption and self satisfaction at any cost, which ironically is no different than the drug addicts crazy uncontrollable need for their drugs. I hope with all my heart people will stop and pray for both of these young people and their families, the poor woman who lost her life to death and the poor young man that has lost his as well to addiction and now prison for his life remaining. And remember, He has a family as well that needs understanding, hope, and peace during this time. I am sure they are beyond being in totally shock.. That young man used to be a little boy sitting at a table doing homework, just the same as your child probably does right now! nobody is born hoping to be a drug addict... GOd help them all.
Anonymous

Wilmington, OH

#38 Jul 17, 2011
superbad was u there do u no she was selling drugs or picking up money her mom said she didnt no this guy i dont think anyone is gettin there facts straight before the but crap on here.Here is a idea it doesnt matter what she was doing she didnt deserve to be killed
superbad

Chillicothe, OH

#39 Jul 17, 2011
Angel -W wrote:
superbad was u there do u no she was selling drugs or picking up money her mom said she didnt no this guy i dont think anyone is gettin there facts straight before the but crap on here.Here is a idea it doesnt matter what she was doing she didnt deserve to be killed
How many young girls are going to tell their mother about their drug dealer??
Justin N Sagotor

Athens, OH

#40 Jul 17, 2011
People, people, people. Puh-lease! What the hell does it matter if drugs were involved? This went from a murder to a damn prosecution! Don't tell me most of you don't have that 1 family member that's a druggie. Right? Well, do you dis-own them? Would you dis-own 1 with a disease? Why would you want to bash this girl? Get real. I know this is Piketucky county, but get real. Talk about the piece of %$#@#@ that killed her. What's up with that?
Tony

Chillicothe, OH

#41 Jul 17, 2011
judgement-less wrote:
i am sure i am going to catch 4 kinds of slack from this statement
Not ragging really, just educating... You'll either get a lot of "flak", or 4 kinds of "hell".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recount Collapses 17 min Snap Crackle and Pop 25
Abe To Visit Pearl Harbor After Christmas 26 min 1 and 1 and 1 is 3 1
Trump the Crook/Liar 56 min d pants 217
Religion in our schools..... 57 min every troll here ... 50
Trump TOUR 3 hr Pale Rider 11
News Crime Stoppers | 'Halloween' mask part of late ... 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Can the Democrat Party Heal itself? Or... 8 hr Seriouslady 16
God Help Us. Drumpf Is Clueless, And Impeachab... 21 hr Reality Speaks 84

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages