Pike County man charged in woman's death | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A 25-year-old woman died last night after being stabbed and crashing her car along Rt.
Comments
1 - 20 of 59 Comments Last updated Aug 3, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Michael H. Schaffner, 30, of 179 Bumgardner Rd. in Waverly, was arrested shortly after the wreck and taken to the Scioto County jail.
Schaffner was charged with aggravated murder.
He previously had been charged with burglary, theft and receiving stolen property, court records show.

Sounds like this chick is guilty of hanging around a real piece of trash like this dude.
Yikeola

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

That is traditional behavior in Pike County, what with people thinking about pills all the time - always about pills.
Beth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

This is to both of you that has commented on this post so far. Both of you are complete idiots!!!!! A woman lost her life,2 children lost their mother and her parents lost their daughter and all the two of you can think to do is blame her for the company she kept (another shocker) and talk about pills (Yikeola).. Maybe you should get your mind off of pills for awhile and then comment about the real issue which i will remind you since i guess you can't read is about a 25 yr old woman being stabbed too death!!!! Both of you are pathetic if you can't use common sense then find a new hobby!! I know topix has turned into a bashing site but when it is something serious i think you should keep your ignorant comments too yourself!!! Just sayin!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Beth wrote:
This is to both of you that has commented on this post so far. Both of you are complete idiots!!!!! A woman lost her life,2 children lost their mother and her parents lost their daughter and all the two of you can think to do is blame her for the company she kept (another shocker) and talk about pills (Yikeola).. Maybe you should get your mind off of pills for awhile and then comment about the real issue which i will remind you since i guess you can't read is about a 25 yr old woman being stabbed too death!!!! Both of you are pathetic if you can't use common sense then find a new hobby!! I know topix has turned into a bashing site but when it is something serious i think you should keep your ignorant comments too yourself!!! Just sayin!!
Actually what I posted is pretty enlightening and should be used as a learning tool for any women who keep men around their lives witht hat type of criminal background. Beth, just a hunch, you are alive today because you haven't dated too many guys with violent pasts.

I feel bad for her, because nobody deserves to die like that and I'm sick of people killing other people liek their lives are worthless. Nobody values life anymore.

All that being said... look at this psychopath's arrest record and decide if she should have been hanging around this guy, especially with 2 kids in the picture.
WTH

Manchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Another Shocker wrote:
Michael H. Schaffner, 30, of 179 Bumgardner Rd. in Waverly, was arrested shortly after the wreck and taken to the Scioto County jail.
Schaffner was charged with aggravated murder.
He previously had been charged with burglary, theft and receiving stolen property, court records show.
Sounds like this chick is guilty of hanging around a real piece of trash like this dude.
How is "burglary, theft and recieving stolen property" a "violent background"? You shouldnt judge someone like that. People dont set and think "Huh, should I worry that Im going to die today"? Topix is a horrible website. This girl just lost her life, 25 years old at that. Then you want to set and judge her basically because who she had around her? I think every topix about this should be taken off. Let the family be able to grieve thier loss without all the stupid stuff on here. You know she has kids that is big enough to read? Those kids didnt deserve to loose their mom.
judgement-less

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

i am sure i am going to catch 4 kinds of slack from this statement.... First, my heart breaks for the young womans family, especially her children and parents. God send them peace and healing I pray. Here is the truth - this society as a whole is so full of drugs it is unlike anything ever before in history. It does not have respect for just a certain league of people. It tempts the poor, rich, sad, happy, lonely, fulfilled, righteous and unrighteous. I have seen it ruin the lives of people that came from good Christian homes to people that came from homes with little or no leadership and teaching at all. It's horrible, beyond sad, and almost hopeless it seems. HOwever, we cannot stop trying, we cannot write people off because the world has sucked them in. that is why society is what it is, NOBODY wants to help anyone anymore, it's all about self absorption and self satisfaction at any cost, which ironically is no different than the drug addicts crazy uncontrollable need for their drugs. I hope with all my heart people will stop and pray for both of these young people and their families, the poor woman who lost her life to death and the poor young man that has lost his as well to addiction and now prison for his life remaining. And remember, He has a family as well that needs understanding, hope, and peace during this time. I am sure they are beyond being in totally shock.. That young man used to be a little boy sitting at a table doing homework, just the same as your child probably does right now! nobody is born hoping to be a drug addict... GOd help them all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
How is "burglary, theft and recieving stolen property" a "violent background"? You shouldnt judge someone like that. People dont set and think "Huh, should I worry that Im going to die today"? Topix is a horrible website. This girl just lost her life, 25 years old at that. Then you want to set and judge her basically because who she had around her? I think every topix about this should be taken off. Let the family be able to grieve thier loss without all the stupid stuff on here. You know she has kids that is big enough to read? Those kids didnt deserve to loose their mom.
So what you are telling me is this... It's ok for you to play with fire, even if you have 2 kids in the house and they shouldn't be around that fire. But, when you get burned by that same fire, I should have compassion on you, and not judge the fire for who the fire is.

Were you on the Casey Anthony jury by chance?
WTH

Manchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Another Shocker wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are telling me is this... It's ok for you to play with fire, even if you have 2 kids in the house and they shouldn't be around that fire. But, when you get burned by that same fire, I should have compassion on you, and not judge the fire for who the fire is.
Were you on the Casey Anthony jury by chance?
I was just saying, how was she to know her life would end so short do to associating with him? I wouldnt ever have thought, "hey, this man has did some wrong things in his life, is he capable of murdering me"? Im sure you are no saint or you dont assocaite with people who are perfect. There is no perfect person in this world. No matter the circumstances right now, you should think about the family and especially her 2 kids.
Oh, by the way, I think Casey Anthony is a SICK person! I think she is guilty. If that was an accident, it wouldve been reported when it happened. Not a month later. Plus if it was an accident, why was there cloriform and duck tape involved. I dont see how this has anything to do with Mallory. Casey Anthony is a MURDER. Mallory was murdered.
Lisa Knisley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

So you should run a back ground check on everyone before you talk to them! Maybe she didnt know that he had a record! I know someone ho has written bad checks and went to jail so I shouldnt talk to them anymore because he might stab me on day! Not likely!!!! You ppl are insane! She just died let her rest in peace please! Let her family grieve without you all trashing her!
As for Michael needing understanding hell no! I am sorry for his family but he did it to them, and atleast they can go visit their son in prision! Mallorys family will never see her again, they will only be able to visit her at the cemetary! So my compassion for his family his very limited!!!! Maybe that makes me a bitch but so be it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Lisa Knisley wrote:
So you should run a back ground check on everyone before you talk to them! Maybe she didnt know that he had a record! I know someone **** has written bad checks and went to jail so I shouldnt talk to them anymore because he might stab me on day! Not likely!!!! You ppl are insane! She just died let her rest in peace please! Let her family grieve without you all trashing her!
As for Michael needing understanding hell no! I am sorry for his family but he did it to them, and atleast they can go visit their son in prision! Mallorys family will never see her again, they will only be able to visit her at the cemetary! So my compassion for his family his very limited!!!! Maybe that makes me a **** but so be it!
Dear Lisa,
Feel free to talk to as many crimals as you so desire. In fact, feel free to run around with people you barely know and have as much fun as you so desire. Just don't come crying to anyone when your misguided choices turn out to harm you in the end. I think you are reading way too far into this. All I'm saying is, play with with fire and you will ultimately get burned.
I feel bad for Mallory and she didn't deserve to die. I'm just saying, with 2 kids, she shouldn't have been hanging around this guy... and he was picked up for breaking and entering, along with theft which is a little more severe than check fraud.
Crime is like tatoos. One you do one, you generally get a whole bunch.
SICK

Jackson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Another Shocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually what I posted is pretty enlightening and should be used as a learning tool for any women who keep men around their lives witht hat type of criminal background. Beth, just a hunch, you are alive today because you haven't dated too many guys with violent pasts.
I feel bad for her, because nobody deserves to die like that and I'm sick of people killing other people liek their lives are worthless. Nobody values life anymore.
All that being said... look at this psychopath's arrest record and decide if she should have been hanging around this guy, especially with 2 kids in the picture.
Um MAYBE she didn't know what kind of record/past he had!!
HAHAHA

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Mallory most likely didn't know him if he was HITCHHIKER. Duh. Her kids are really hurt and i know because her daughter is my friend. He will have his time hopefully he gets the death sentence. He doesn't deserve to be in this universe if he's going to kill an innocent woman. She worked at arby's and she ingored a shift to be with her kids on monday. They went fishing and that was the last time they really spent together. People need to quit critisizing people cause all it leads upto is suicide, homocide or murder. Just stop. If her parents were to see all the comments about her daughter she wouldnt be pleased. If somebody stabbed me and people had said nasty things about me and my parentsd saw it then you would get a post saying to stop. Im pretty sure if Mallory's mom sees any of this, she'd beg you to stop critisizing Mallory.
Please put in your position, what if your daughter/son was stabbed to death would you let people comment bad things about your child. Im pretty sure you wouldn't. Think twice before anyone comments badly about anyone!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

So, HAHAHA let me get this straight... you are saying she didn't know this guy and he was a hitchhicker?

Please, shed any information you have on the story
HAHAHA

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

He jumped in the car!!!!!!!!!! He was sellin drugs. The people that he got drugs from told the cops what they knew and told my parents!
Anonymous

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Most of these comments are as heartless as he was when he stabbed her she is the victum here not the criminal people really need to get a life there was no reason for hm to do what he did he needs alot of help im sorry for his family but atleast they will have visiting day her family only has a grave to visit her at so instead of putting hurtful things on here put ur feet in the families shoesthink of how u would feel

Since: Dec 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Another Shocker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how you consider any of what you said enlightening!!! You pretty much blamed mallory for being murdered because she was around someone who had a record. Thats not enlightening thats plain stupid... Your hunch about me couldn't have been more wrong actually my husband of 10 yrs has a record not for the types of crimes that this man has but he does have a record. I have never one time in my life worried about him doing anything to me or our 3 children. Not all of us are like you and place judgement on people. My husband is a wonderful man but to you he would be the scum of the earth because he has been in trouble with the law.. Good thing i don't care what people like you think!!! I will agree with you on one thing you said in your previous post i am also sickened by all the killing and drugs as well but as i have said before it's not our place to judge.. It was a selfish act that may or may not have had anything to do with drugs. I do not know these people personally so thats not a call i will make. On the other hand i do know people that did know mallory that said she was a wonderful person and mother.. So I guess what i have to enlighten you on is do not pass judgement for something you read on topix and don't make references to peoples life like mine that you know nothing about!!!
hmmmmm

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

There are only 2 people who really know what happened on that horrible day......one is dead and the other is in jail. There are families left behind that are hurting and broken because of this horrible incident. We should not pass judgement but try to help all that are involved find the strength to go forward
not quite the whole story

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

HAHAHA wrote:
He jumped in the car!!!!!!!!!! He was sellin drugs. The people that he got drugs from told the cops what they knew and told my parents!
This is partly right... I am going to guess that what really happened won't come out for sake of the young woman's family, but there is a whole lot more that happened here than what you people think, he wasn't a hitchhiker, not saying she deserved it, and I hope the waste of flesh who stabbed her stays in jail.

Since: Dec 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

I think the point that most of the people are missing that has posted on this is SHE WAS MURDERED!!!!! Does it really matter what she was doing or how she lived her life? Most of you have said you feel sorry for her or her family, but no you don't otherwise you wouldn't be posting the things on here that you are. As you can see from the amount of my post topix is not a place i spend a whole lot of time. This kind of stuff really pisses me off.. My aunt was murdered and the same kind of stuff happened. People pointed out anything and everything bad she had ever done in her life. A few people had good things to say but most were people just like the ones posting on here.. Grow up and respect Mallory first and think about her family and friends and anyone who may love her. I just can't believe how self-absorbed and judgemental people are!!! Some people just has no respect and that sickens me almost as bad as all the senseless killing!!!! R.I.P. Mallory Pettit!!!! To all of her family and friends if you should be told about this site i will keep you all in my prayers and hope that God will be with you through this very difficult time!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

beth_80 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how you consider any of what you said enlightening!!! You pretty much blamed mallory for being murdered because she was around someone who had a record. Thats not enlightening thats plain stupid... Your hunch about me couldn't have been more wrong actually my husband of 10 yrs has a record not for the types of crimes that this man has but he does have a record. I have never one time in my life worried about him doing anything to me or our 3 children. Not all of us are like you and place judgement on people. My husband is a wonderful man but to you he would be the scum of the earth because he has been in trouble with the law.. Good thing i don't care what people like you think!!! I will agree with you on one thing you said in your previous post i am also sickened by all the killing and drugs as well but as i have said before it's not our place to judge.. It was a selfish act that may or may not have had anything to do with drugs. I do not know these people personally so thats not a call i will make. On the other hand i do know people that did know mallory that said she was a wonderful person and mother.. So I guess what i have to enlighten you on is do not pass judgement for something you read on topix and don't make references to peoples life like mine that you know nothing about!!!
It's blatantly obvious you don't care what people think (sarcastic). You just wrote two novels defending your husbands arrest record. Sensative much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Ferguson, Missouri, different kinds of prote... 18 min They cannot kill ... 8
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 49 min You cant 2,273
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 51 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,252
Welcome to Columbus: Ohio stinks for women 1 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 2 hr Male 232
Morning Roundup: Sears could close even more st... 2 hr NoOneRewarded 1
Need help 3 hr Chick 1
ISIS beheads James Foley 6 hr Buckeye at Birth 91

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••