Two found shot to death in possible murder-suicide | The Columb...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Two bodies were found inside a North Side house early today in what may have been a murder-suicide. Homicide detectives were called to 1905 Denise Drive about 1 a.m. The victims were identified as Shawna Moseley, 39, and her husband William L. Moseley, 41, WBNS-10TV reported.
Comments
61 - 72 of 72 Comments Last updated Sep 27, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mixed emotions

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

I was a friend and co-worker of Bill's and knew him to be a wonderful man like other people that knew him are saying. It is very disgusting to read some of these comments coming from obviously very ignorant people. It is the understanding of ignorance and my pity for those people that make it easier to disregard some of these comments as I hope the family can do as well. Nobody will ever know why this happened, how it could have happened and what was going through his mind. Honestly its not even our place to judge or figure that out in the first place. Our job is to be supportive to the ones that have been left behind to deal with this terrible tragedy. My heart aches for those kids and their family. May God bless them and be with them through this hard time. And may everybody have enough respect for the family and keep your negetive comments to yourself.
Mixed emotions

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Shell Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not have said it any better. Thank you. For those who knew Bill, we are in shock. I still cannot wrap my mind around this. The man who did this is not the Bill we all knew and loved.
Bill and Shawna's families are in my prayers and Lord, watch over the boys and give them your strength.
To those who have nothing nice to say...say nothihg!
I cannot believe how well you said that. Couldn't have said it better! May God be with the family and those beautiful children. They have a long road ahead of them.
get out

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

What is wrong with u people? I dont care what anyone thought about this guy. It doesn't matter what happened. There is no excuse to take someone else's life. Also to leave ur children's life hopeless and without support. Before anyone posts again what they THOUGHT he was about, take a step back and look at what he DID to his wife and those poor children.
A Grandpa

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Gramps- you might want to get evaluated for early onset alzheimer's.
Perhaps you misunderstood what I said. My grandson and their child both go to a babysitters a few blocks over from where the tragedy happened. Had this situation erupted while picking their child up at the sitters rather than in their own home, it could have been even more horrible. After the tragedy happened, surviving family kept their 3yr old, and my grandson went to the babysitter. My grandson asked where his buddy was, why wasn't he there to be played with.....
Harrys mom

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

lori wrote:
When my daughter called me with the news this morning, I immediately cried. This truly is a tragic event for all the family members and friends of this couple. My husband and I send our prayers and condolences to their families.
When I read your lame post, I immediately cried.
father

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

its so sad those children now have no parents. may the good lord bless them through the rest of there lives. my daughter went to school with the 9yr old son since kindergarden.so.........sad.go d stay with them.
Disbelief and pain

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Unreal....I knew Bill very well and went to high school with him....I can't even begin to think what happen here, there has to be more to this situation. Good family.....WHAT HAPPEN.....? This is so sad....I feel a horrible pain for the Moseleys, Shawna's family and especially the kids....WHY????
Elle

Pataskala, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but "intelligent, easy going, respectable, family" men do not MURDER their wives. It never fails, whenever one of these nut-jobs go koo-koo someone always chimes in about how they were good people.
What you fail to recognize, Mitch, is that those of us who knew Bill do not define his life by this horrible incident but rather remember him for the person and friend he truly was. No one knows the circumstances surrounding this tragedy so please let those of us that KNEW him deal with the shock and sorrow of these unexpected events.
Heidi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Topper wrote:
Why do you allways assume the man killed the woman, then killed himself....
Maybe she killed him...
Maybe it was a suicide pact...she shot herself, he took the gun and shot himself....
First of all dose it really matter about who shot who? It comes down to 2 familyies lost someone inportant to them and their children lost their parents. It is sad that they felt there was no other way to solve the problem. I will miss Shawna a lot. But her husband had a famliy that will miss him too. We all need to not try to figure out why but try to help the kids and other families who might be going through this or who might go through it and Stop it. Best wishes to the families and the kids.
Tina

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Judged:

Bill did not have the right to kill my best friend. He must have been in such a low place in his life and did not know how to rise above satin. I will miss her so much and God Bless the children and the families left behind to pick up this mess he created.
Phatima Taylor

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

3 long years I still miss my sister.i have finally read the newspaper clippings and posts!The kids are great and life has a way of making twists and turns!one bit of advice for all forgiveness!!
Phatima Taylor

Grafton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Suni Banta wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they know what happened.And he was the one who called 911 after he killed her..
yes he did take her life I am her sister

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS beheads James Foley 22 min sidekick 24
-Are There Big Secrets Within the Obama -Family-? 29 min Alex Trivek 8
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 35 min Monica 30,162
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 1 hr Reality Speaks 174
Talking Of Electric Handpieces 4 hr medorder 1
angela james 5 hr UwishUKnew 1
Man shot during chase with deputy | The Columbu... (Aug '10) 7 hr ohsssffizzfirPAIN 38
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 9 hr Bowens 2,268
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 12 hr Anon 912
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search