|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously considering moving to Belize or Costa Rica. Possibly Figi.
While I might suggest working out how to spell Fiji before you get to the visa paperwork stage of the process, if you have any general questions about relocating overseas I'm always happy to help.

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
While I might suggest working out how to spell Fiji before you get to the visa paperwork stage of the process, if you have any general questions about relocating overseas I'm always happy to help.
Sure. Where can I relocate where I can keep more of what I earn enduring a muslim communist in charge? Isle of Man possibly?

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Where can I relocate where I can keep more of what I earn enduring a muslim communist in charge? Isle of Man possibly?
You'll need to be in a shortage occupation, have a relevant degree in good standing and have a local employer looking to sponsor your tier 2 visa.

Unless you're keen on a million quid bond or marrying a local, I suppose. Or unless you're a sort of highly valued artist or sportsman.

I'm not sure any of the UK or our dependencies are going to be a good fit, culturally, though.

The pool of places you'll be able to move to will arise from your level of education, your trade, financial standing, language skills, health and criminal record. If you're serious about looking to move overseas, a glance at the general requirements for countries of interest is a great place to start.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another attempt at deflection. I don't know of anyone who uses an Uzi to go deer hunting.
Personally, I don't really think hunting animals is fair sport. If people want to hunt, I say let them join with other like-minded individuals and hunt each other. That would be fair sport. It has the added benefit of culling the herd.
You don't know anything about firearms and swallow the lies of the anti-gun crowd. We get it.
BTW, you might change your mind about the merits of hunting if you ever have a car wrecked and/or a loved one injured in a deer collision.
Ole Blue

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like your head, this argument is not pointless.
We have mass shootings almost every day in this country in large part due to the easy access to firearms. People should not be able to build personal arsenals in order to carry out mass executions. It's the cost of living in a society of law and order.
Second amendment is exclusively a restriction on fedgov. The 14th amendment extends the restriction to the stategovs.

The 2nd amendment places no restrictions on localgov, the peoples government. If Baltimore or New York City desire gun restrictions, then the constitution authorizes localgovs to take action.

A major problem with your ideology is that you demand fedgov and stategovs take action to restrict guns, alhough they have no constitutional authority to do so.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
How is telling someone they can't have an assault rifle punishment? What possible good purpose can someone have for an assault rifle?
Why do the police have them? People need them for the same reason. You know... when seconds count, the police are only minutes away...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. A vigilante society with the likes of you.
And the likes of you would have us required to just lay there and do nothing until the police arrived.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll need to be in a shortage occupation, have a relevant degree in good standing and have a local employer looking to sponsor your tier 2 visa.
Unless you're keen on a million quid bond or marrying a local, I suppose. Or unless you're a sort of highly valued artist or sportsman.
I'm not sure any of the UK or our dependencies are going to be a good fit, culturally, though.
The pool of places you'll be able to move to will arise from your level of education, your trade, financial standing, language skills, health and criminal record. If you're serious about looking to move overseas, a glance at the general requirements for countries of interest is a great place to start.
Fiji has a high demand for people who understand farming.
Costa Rica requires you be able to prove you generate at least $1500 per month.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Ole Blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Second amendment is exclusively a restriction on fedgov. The 14th amendment extends the restriction to the stategovs.
The 2nd amendment places no restrictions on localgov, the peoples government. If Baltimore or New York City desire gun restrictions, then the constitution authorizes localgovs to take action.
A major problem with your ideology is that you demand fedgov and stategovs take action to restrict guns, alhough they have no constitutional authority to do so.
Where did you get your constitutional law education?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
If by farming you mean collecting government subsidies, you should be all set.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me I'm a piker compared to you regarding subsidies.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Collecting food stamps doesn't count towards generating $1500 a month in Costa Rica. You could never get in btw.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're going to have a very difficult run of things if you don't do a tiny bit more research. Visiting some of these places might be a great way to go.

Costa Rica does have financial routes to legal status, though these seem to include the option to retire there (no age requirement) for those with a government backed pension or purchased lifetime annuity granting you a secure monthly payment of +=1,000 USD monthly.

You can also invest $60k for a 2 year visa, the money being returned to you at a rate of $2500/month during your stay.

Or you can invest a flat rat of at least $20,000 (not to be returned) into the local economy and show the means to support yourself on your visa.

While Fiji does report having streamlined it's visa process for skilled non-citizen contractors and employees, the process looks very similar to the UK's tier 2 process. You'll have to apply for a role that's been advertised locally and will have to have an employer offer you the role in the shortage list (you can only be offered this role if no qualified Fijians have applied) before applying for your visa. The shortage list mentions industrial trades, healthcare, specialty tourism and large scale fishing but doesn't seem to mention farming.

I would really recommend making a list of the traits that are important to you and finding a list of countries that have these traits before starting to do a bit of research and narrow the list to places that have routes to residency for you.

If you want to give me a general idea of your status (language skills? degree? general age? very general ballpark figure of how much you would be happy paying out to relocate) and some idea of what you're looking for, I would be happy to draw up a list of places that look likely.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
University of Colorado, and The Ohio State University.

How about you?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Collecting food stamps doesn't count towards generating $1500 a month in Costa Rica. You could never get in btw.
My family and I will be in Costa Rica the 1st 2 weeks in January 2014.

The fishing has me excited, and a couple of the rain forest tours planned.

Costa Rica is what America was.

I for one will not play the current games being played by our government, and would rather fly to America twice a month, than live under marshall law and communism.

All the little mindless trolls will spout off, but it will be funny to see the faces of those after their GOD Obama ran off 30% of the tax revenues because people renounced their citizenship due to his policies.

When the tax base can't cover interest, you have a problem, and by 2020 the problem will be like stage 4 terminal cancer to this country.

I bought 100lbs of silver yesterday, and removed money from American companies by selling DOW component stock. Silver is money recognized everywhere, and a pocket knife to a bar makes change.

We effectively let the inmates run the asylum, and now you best run and hide from their management unless slavery is your goal in life.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're going to have a very difficult run of things if you don't do a tiny bit more research. Visiting some of these places might be a great way to go.
Costa Rica does have financial routes to legal status, though these seem to include the option to retire there (no age requirement) for those with a government backed pension or purchased lifetime annuity granting you a secure monthly payment of +=1,000 USD monthly.
You can also invest $60k for a 2 year visa, the money being returned to you at a rate of $2500/month during your stay.
Or you can invest a flat rat of at least $20,000 (not to be returned) into the local economy and show the means to support yourself on your visa.
If you want to give me a general idea of your status (language skills? degree? general age? very general ballpark figure of how much you would be happy paying out to relocate) and some idea of what you're looking for, I would be happy to draw up a list of places that look likely.
I'm not exactly ready to retire yet (43) but my financial well being is going to easily cover Costa Ricas requirements. I've actually read thru most of what you posted and the easiest route for me I thought would simply deposit the lump sum necessary in a bank there and I would still have income above the $1000 per month level aside from that lump. Im not retired but if Obummercare cancels my current insurance, I won't be sticking around long to fund anyone else's healthcare.
If I move to Costa Rica I would prefer buying real estate there with intention of developement whether it be golf courses for US Drs flocking there or even medical campus type facilities.
From studying the satelite pictures it appears the pacific northwest could use an airport and as I understand the northwest is where US expats prefer. Most medical facilities are currently near San Jose in the central section.
I've even considered investing in a start up small airline designed to pick up medical patients in the US or Canada who are on waiting lists they know they will not survive and bring them to where they can get medical attention without all the governments intervention. Of course that would be after plenty of US Drs have made the move. And of course the US goes single payer, completely negating any incentive to become a Dr in the US.
If I don't go large scale I can most likely just run a trophy shop whereever I go. The capital to start one up would be negligible. Low overhead in that business is the key to making that a gold mine in the US but I'm not certain how much demand there will be in Costa Rica. Theres certainly got to be kids there that play baseball or soccer.
I took spanish class in high school but that sure as heck doesn't mean I have much confidence actually speaking it in a country the natives speak. I've read most of them can speak good enough english to communicate to english speaking people though.
If I go to Fiji I would probably be a farmer. I grew up on one and go back there on my vacations. The dirt in Fiji is black volcanic. It'll grow pretty much anything. Those people will pay upwards of $20 for watermelons from my understanding. My cousin has been there twice and says the people there are very friendly. They don't allow guns there he says but the customs guys are fairly lax when flying in there.
Reality Speaks, if you would tell us about how your trip to Costa Rica goes that would be greatly appreciated.
I'm going to have to begin traveling internationally for my vacations now so I can find out for myself how things are like for a potential new homeland.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

You may want to continue to do a it more research.
Keep in mind that you'll be taxed on all items and saving brought into Costa Rica (including your household goods you move with) as well as potentially having income as dually taxable in the US and CR depending on source, level of income and your statuses. Buying property can be a really interesting investment though the income arising from the property or its sale may be taxable in both countries. So far as starting a local business, I fear that with limited language skills you may need to take on a local partner or limit your market to the expat community. Please keep in mind that the +=$1,000 is going to have to be government or annuity backed, not just regular income.

I'm not entirely clear though what method you would gain legal residency in Fiji in order to farm. I'm not sure that you're understanding the legal processes required for residency.
I'm not trying to discourage you from your interest in moving overseas, just to put in a bit more research and thought into where, how and what benefits you would expect to see from this kind of move. If you're looking to limit your tax burden, specifically seeking nations where the local wages are low enough to not trigger dual tax responsibilities may be in your best interests. Keep in mind that Americans living overseas remain responsible for filing US tax forms yearly and declaration on overseas bank accounts has just gained new levels of oversight through international banking systems.

I would recommend, again, doing some research and then talking to a lawyer and accountant to see if they're able to give you targeted, specific advice to your needs.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

I would also un-gently suggest not violating Fijian gun control laws or any laws of scale while overseas. Being an American will not prevent you from serving sentences for crimes committed overseas and I've found that being a foreign national will warrant extra scrutiny from police and customs agents in many places.
Ole Blue

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your latent, lame appeal to authority logic fallacy?

I know at least as much about the US constitution as your buddy Obama. Also I am not a professional liar, like some people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

It is an inherent conflict of interest to allow lawyers to be elected public legislators. Lawyers make money litigating law, and a lawyer is highly motivated to create more laws with higher stakes. More litigation through more laws equals undue lawyer enrichment.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Ole Blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your latent, lame appeal to authority logic fallacy?
I understand each of these words but can't make them make sense put next to each other like this. I'm not sure latent means what you think it means.

I get that it is intended to be a form of put down, I just have no way to work out the content of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 30 min Oliver Canterberry 48
palin: americans will support impeachment if...... 44 min Oliver Canterberry 10
The Sarah Salin Channel 52 min Oliver Canterberry 1
Please Help!! 1 hr Crusader 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 2,906
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,344
Obama seen as threat to Constitution 2 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 47
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 6 hr Logan 829
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search