2011 NFL Lockout: Who's to Blame? Who Cares! Who Suffers? Just the Fans

Mar 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bleacher Report

In case you are still not sober, following the Packers Super Bowl victory on February 6 , let me give you an update on what has occurred in the past month: the NFL players and owners didn't reach an agreement.

Comments (Page 315)

Showing posts 6,281 - 6,300 of8,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
In 1998, Massachusetts passed what was hailed as the toughest gun-control legislation in the country. Among other stringencies, it banned semiautomatic “assault” weapons, imposed strict new licensing rules, prohibited anyone convicted of a violent crime or drug trafficking from ever carrying or owning a gun, and enacted severe penalties for storing guns unlocked.… One of the state’s leading anti-gun activists, John Rosenthal of Stop Handgun Violence, joined the applause.“The new gun law,” he predicted,“will certainly prevent future gun violence and countless grief.” It didn’t.
Legal gun ownership plummeted.
The 1998 legislation did cut down, quite sharply, on the legal use of guns in Massachusetts. Within four years, the number of active gun licenses in the state had plummeted.“There were nearly 1.5 million active gun licenses in Massachusetts in 1998,” the AP reported.“In June [2002], that number was down to just 200,000.”
That is what Mitt Romney Stood and was for too a Massachusetts Society on the National Level and why I don't care for any politician Republican or Democrat from Massachusetts they are all one of the same.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>That is what Mitt Romney Stood and was for too a Massachusetts Society on the National Level and why I don't care for any politician Republican or Democrat from Massachusetts they are all one of the same.
I think from nearly any state. We say, let's vote them out. It is like ants. If you get rid of one bunch, another comes back.

Your comments are well taken...
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Neutral Party wrote:
Pale is upset because her potato festival was a bust. After I dropped off the chicken, she got into a fight with her neighbors about sharing. She was eating as fast as she was cooking them. What really set the neighbors off was although I ended up getting 100 pieces she still wouldn't share.
When I dropped off the chicken, I went home as Fry Queen was already arguing. It was later when watching the news I saw police were called.
Oh! Johnny

Polly wants another cracker.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
How many stories have you told about these kids, that were walking in your back yard?
The garage door faces front. And I only told it once, the other times were in response to questions or comments by you.
You are another George Zimmerman.
I would consider that a compliment.
You never had a thing in your garage worth stealing anyway.
That you would say that exposes YOUR mentality. Implies that there is something "worth stealing", and thus if the value was sufficient, you WOULD steal it.
I hope you have the smarts to stop talking about your little garage. Do you have any idea, how many times you have changed your stories? Stop while you are ahead.
Not changed one thing, liar. Maybe provided a little more detail. Pull up the post where I "changed my story".
Were you ever in a union?
Once, for about one day. I quit that job right after the union came in and lowered my wages.
Or did you work in a family owned donut shop, working for peanuts.
I ended up working for the same place for 31 years, made an average amount of peanuts, saved a substantial fraction of those peanuts, put my child through college, paid cash for a modest home, and retired comfortably (not lavishly). As soon as my wife retires, we plan on doing a bit of traveling.

In the meantime, you'll still be wallowing in fry grease.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Honest Citizens Carry Concealed Weapons Because Bad Things Can Happen To Good People - Anytime, Anywhere. Many honest citizens know this, and they know that when seconds count, the police are minutes away—at best! These honest citizens take responsibility for their own safety and choose to carry a concealed weapon.

Bad things can also happen to people that carry a hidden gun.

I think it should be outlawed in every state, to carry a concealed weapon.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

I prefer open-carry myself.
They cannot kill a Spookc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Neutral Party wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you going to deal with those less than honest citizens that carry a gun, hidden or not?
She will tell them to hold on while she empties the fryer and calls yhe cops.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

1. We need sweeping changes to our gun laws, that are already in place. Look at each law, require each state to look at revising each law. Remove obsolete laws.

2. Each person needs to demonstrate a need to have any weapon.

3. If you are a farmer, you may need a rifle or a shotgun to control animal populations.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
I prefer open-carry myself.
Not me. I like concealed .....
The element of surprise when you're approached....they aren't expecting it......
Providing there is no other choice and your life is in grave danger.....

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
JJust looking out for my neighbors,who may have been next on their list.
<quoted text>
I heard them from inside the house. From the time I heard them to the time they ran off was less than 10 seconds. 10 seconds after that I was on the phone with the sheriff. I don't think that 20 seconds significantly affected their 30 minute response time. IF, on the other hand, I'd have done as you seem to be suggesting, they'd have had enough time to take whatever they wanted from the garage, and still be gone before the sheriff got there. So you have two things to compare... Escaping WITH the loot vs. escaping WITHOUT the loot. Since the loot belonged to me, I prefer the latter. No insurance forms to fill out, no raised rates.
<quoted text>
It had the desired effect. They stopped what they were doing. Nobody got hurt. Nothing was stolen. Damage was minimal. Security was improved. Logic isn't your strong suit, is it?
You did the right thing.....you scared them off......
Chucky

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
1. We need sweeping changes to our gun laws, that are already in place. Look at each law, require each state to look at revising each law. Remove obsolete laws.

2. Each person needs to demonstrate a need to have any weapon.

3. If you are a farmer, you may need a rifle or a shotgun to control animal populations.
Also if you are not a Obama supporter you shall need a Firearm for your safety and protection from said Obama Supporters.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You did the right thing.....you scared them off......
I only wish you knew the different stories this Republican has told. If I were guessing, he has called the sheriff so many times, they are tired of dry runs. Is he the George Zimmerman of his community.

Maybe he should run for sheriff. But he has a problem. He doesn't have a backbone, and you know what that means.

Before you drop a whole lot of praise on TonyD2, let him tell the real story of what happened. Remember how many gutless, spineless Zimmerman lies he told, and would not take the stand. Well, TonyD2 is no different, another liar.

Can you imagine some boys walking making so much noise, you can hear them from inside your home? Teens stopping to relieve themselves. Some people can see right through a phony. TonyD2 is a phony.

Johnny (NP) is another phony. The poor man has a drug problem. When he does an overdose, when he comes back too, he will tell the same old chicken bone and potatoes story. It is the only thing he can talk about. He is another Republican with no idea about anything. TonyD2 and Johnny compliment each other. Who is the stupidest? Johnny or Johnny II (Tony)?
Chucky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>I only wish you knew the different stories this Republican has told. If I were guessing, he has called the sheriff so many times, they are tired of dry runs. Is he the George Zimmerman of his community.

Maybe he should run for sheriff. But he has a problem. He doesn't have a backbone, and you know what that means.

Before you drop a whole lot of praise on TonyD2, let him tell the real story of what happened. Remember how many gutless, spineless Zimmerman lies he told, and would not take the stand. Well, TonyD2 is no different, another liar.

Can you imagine some boys walking making so much noise, you can hear them from inside your home? Teens stopping to relieve themselves. Some people can see right through a phony. TonyD2 is a phony.

Johnny (NP) is another phony. The poor man has a drug problem. When he does an overdose, when he comes back too, he will tell the same old chicken bone and potatoes story. It is the only thing he can talk about. He is another Republican with no idea about anything. TonyD2 and Johnny compliment each other. Who is the stupidest? Johnny or Johnny II (Tony)?
NO ONE HEARS YOUR USELESS EXCREMENT.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

From Webecker to Lanza

Gun Control Needed!

The Standard Gravure shooting occurred on September 14, 1989 in Louisville, Kentucky, when 47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, a pressman on disability for mental illness, entered Standard Gravure, his former workplace, and killed eight people and injured twelve before committing suicide after a history of suicidal ideation.

The Virginia Tech massacre was a school shooting that took place on April 16, 2007, on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at Virginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks, approximately two hours apart, before committing suicide (another six people were injured escaping from classroom windows).

On January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen others were shot during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. Six people died, including Arizona District Court Chief Judge John Roll; Gabe Zimmerman, one of Rep. Giffords' staffers; and a nine-year-old girl, Christina-Taylor Green. Giffords was holding the meeting, called "Congress on Your Corner" in the parking lot of a Safeway store when Jared Lee Loughner drew a pistol and shot her in the head before proceeding to fire on other people. One additional person was injured in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. News reports identified the target of the attack as Giffords, a Democrat representing Arizona's 8th congressional district. She was shot through the head at point-blank range, and her medical condition was initially described as "critical".

Loughner, a 22-year-old Tucson man who was fixated on Giffords, was arrested at the scene.

On July 20, 2012, a mass shooting occurred inside of a Century movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, during a midnight screening of the film The Dark Knight Rises. A gunman, dressed in tactical clothing, set off tear gas grenades and shot into the audience with multiple firearms, killing 12 people and injuring 70 others. The sole suspect, James Eagan Holmes, was arrested outside the cinema minutes later.

Newtown shooter Adam Lanza had the capacity to kill thousands more: it only took the 20-year-old just five minutes to kill 26 people – and in his home, police found more than 1,600 rounds of ammunition that could have made the massacre that much worse.

Connecticut State Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III, the chief prosecutor investigating the shooting, on Thursday revealed that it took Lanza just under five minutes to go through 154 rounds of ammunition, leaving 20 elementary school children and six staffers dead.

The statement accompanied the release of five search warrants, which describe the weapons and ammunition cache police found in the shooter’s home. Authorities found at least nine knives, two rifles, 1,600 rounds of ammunition, three Samuri swords, and a 7-foot pole with a blade on one side and a spear on the other. Police also found six additional 30-round magazines at the site of the shooting, three of which were empty and three of which each had about a dozen bullets left in them. About 154 .223 caliber casings were also found dispersed throughout Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The gunman in the Connecticut shooting rampage shot his mother multiple times in the head before going to the school and gunning down 26, authorities said Sunday as details emerged suggesting that Adam Lanza had planned an even more gruesome massacre but was stopped short.

Lanza blasted his way into the building and used a high-power rifle to kill 20 children and six adults, including the principal who tried to stop him, authorities said.

The unthinkable bloodshed might even have been worse. Gov. Dannel Malloy said Lanza shot himself as first responders entered the building and a law enforcement official said Lanza had "lots of ammo" on him when he died.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

From Webecker to

The Standard Gravure shooting occurred on September 14, 1989 in Louisville, Kentucky, when 47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, a pressman on disability for mental illness, entered Standard Gravure, his former workplace, and killed eight people and injured twelve before committing suicide after a history of suicidal ideation.

The Virginia Tech massacre was a school shooting that took place on April 16, 2007, on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at Virginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks, approximately two hours apart, before committing suicide (another six people were injured escaping from classroom windows).

On January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen others were shot during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. Six people died, including Arizona District Court Chief Judge John Roll; Gabe Zimmerman, one of Rep. Giffords' staffers; and a nine-year-old girl, Christina-Taylor Green. Giffords was holding the meeting, called "Congress on Your Corner" in the parking lot of a Safeway store when Jared Lee Loughner drew a pistol and shot her in the head before proceeding to fire on other people. One additional person was injured in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. News reports identified the target of the attack as Giffords, a Democrat representing Arizona's 8th congressional district. She was shot through the head at point-blank range, and her medical condition was initially described as "critical".

Loughner, a 22-year-old Tucson man who was fixated on Giffords, was arrested at the scene.

On July 20, 2012, a mass shooting occurred inside of a Century movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, during a midnight screening of the film The Dark Knight Rises. A gunman, dressed in tactical clothing, set off tear gas grenades and shot into the audience with multiple firearms, killing 12 people and injuring 70 others. The sole suspect, James Eagan Holmes, was arrested outside the cinema minutes later.

Newtown shooter Adam Lanza had the capacity to kill thousands more: it only took the 20-year-old just five minutes to kill 26 people – and in his home, police found more than 1,600 rounds of ammunition that could have made the massacre that much worse.

Connecticut State Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III, the chief prosecutor investigating the shooting, on Thursday revealed that it took Lanza just under five minutes to go through 154 rounds of ammunition, leaving 20 elementary school children and six staffers dead.

The statement accompanied the release of five search warrants, which describe the weapons and ammunition cache police found in the shooter’s home. Authorities found at least nine knives, two rifles, 1,600 rounds of ammunition, three Samuri swords, and a 7-foot pole with a blade on one side and a spear on the other. Police also found six additional 30-round magazines at the site of the shooting, three of which were empty and three of which each had about a dozen bullets left in them. About 154 .223 caliber casings were also found dispersed throughout Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The gunman in the Connecticut shooting rampage shot his mother multiple times in the head before going to the school and gunning down 26, authorities said Sunday as details emerged suggesting that Adam Lanza had planned an even more gruesome massacre but was stopped short.

Lanza blasted his way into the building and used a high-power rifle to kill 20 children and six adults, including the principal who tried to stop him, authorities said.

The unthinkable bloodshed might even have been worse. Gov. Dannel Malloy said Lanza shot himself as first responders entered the building and a law enforcement official said Lanza had "lots of ammo" on him when he died.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
From Webecker to
The Standard Gravure shooting occurred on September 14, 1989 in Louisville, Kentucky, when 47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, a pressman on disability for mental illness, entered Standard Gra
The Virginia Tech massacre was a school shooting that took place on April 16, 2007, on theVirginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks, approximately two hours apart, before committing suicide (another six people were injured escaping from classroom windows).
So would you favor bring back the nut houses instead of letting the crazy people roam free? Or at least sterilize them?
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Spook wrote:
So would you favor bring back the nut houses instead of letting the crazy people roam free? Or at least sterilize them?

Being you brought up the subject. Place you in the nuthouse, so you can report back.

Next sterilize you, to see, how you like it.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

I am not sure what you do Spook.

Mental disorders are common in the United States and internationally. An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older — about one in four adults — suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.

When applied to the 2004 U.S. Census residential population estimate for ages 18 and older, this figure translates to 57.7 million people. Even though mental disorders are widespread in the population.

The main burden of illness is concentrated in a much smaller proportion — about 6 percent, or 1 in 17 — who suffer from a serious mental illness. In addition, mental disorders are the leading cause of disability in the U.S. and Canada.

Spook, you aren't a dummy at all. I would guess, if you have someone with a mental defect. Lock up your guns, so no one can get to them but the owner.

If you have someone mentally disturbed, let their psychiatrists, evaluate, and report their findings to the state in which they reside. Put the list in a computer, so they can't purchase a gun.

It is like asking a horticulturists to produce a tree that will grow money.

Or placing a cop in every store that has the potential to be robbed.

How do you keep guns out of the hands of crooks.

How to stop drugs.

How do you keep the crooks out of Washington.

There are no pat answers. If you asked

AnonymousIndy, he might have an idea. Maybe asking people to turn in their guns, a buy back program.

I think it would start at the state. Some type of Federal enforcement. Judges would not enforce such laws. So it is a problem.

NRA would stop any legislation, because the Congress is on the take from them.

One thing for sure, there isn't many, if a single person that could give you a good answer.

SeriousLady might have some thoughts on the answer.

I could ask you, Spooks but we both know, you don't know, or you would not have asked.

Good question. Questions are a lot easier than the answer.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Neutral Party wrote:
So if we all agree mental illness is the problem not guns the real debate can begin.
There are two major parts of mental health:
Substance abuse is such a huge issue consuming mental health resources. Heroin, pills, cocaine and more consume the system. I consider this more of a social problem as the countries war on drugs has been about as good and our energy policies.
People like Wesbecker, Lanza and Holmes are different. These people should be in a setting where they can't do harm to others. Constitutional freedoms, individual compliance and keeping track of these are all valid issues.
What is well known about mental health is that there are very few cures, most illness effect people for long periods of time and those afflicted with the illness many times will not get the treatment necessary.
That is why we need to have institution of some kind to keep the insane from harming the innocent.
On the drug issue I favor a harsh punishment for theft, and destroying property and personal injury while on drugs. If you want to spend your weekend shooting heroin go ahead, but straighten up by the time you go to work.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
I am not sure what you do Spook.
Mental disorders are common in the United States and internationally. An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older — about one in four adults — suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.
The term "mental disorder" is far too vague. Most "mental disorders" have little if any effect on anyone other than the person who has it. Lumping the guy who has ADD or mild anxiety or depression with the anti-social homicidal maniac isn't helpful. The fact that they are diagnosed indicates at least that they are trying to do something about their condition, and they shouldn't be belittled for it. If anything, you should be more afraid of the ones who are UNDIAGNOSED!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,281 - 6,300 of8,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 19 min Male 58
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 38 min trkk drvng retard 29,058
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 1 hr Reality Speaks 154
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 4 hr Logan 818
City Council to consider regulations for Uber, ... 5 hr JessieCups 1
Treating the vermin like vermin 6 hr yeah baby yeah 1
Columbus mayor to DNC: Pick us or lose Ohio 6 hr Reality Speaks 6
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••