Pale Rider

AOL

#6876 Aug 27, 2013
Should America take a stand on the issue of a person carrying any firearm on their person? What good has come from it? Has there been a private person whom you know. that has killed another person who is threatening someone with a gun.

Look at Zimmerman killing a boy coming home from the store. Ban guns from the public at large that want to carry a deadly weapon. Let's get those gunís out of the hands of the public and thugs.

Is deadly force necessary?

Replace with a gun that can produce an electrical shock, instead of a bullet, would have a better result.

Everyday people want to end the life of another person.
Pale Rider

AOL

#6877 Aug 27, 2013
Activists, Mayors, Gun Owner Rally For Gun Control
Allison Steele, Inquirer Staff Writer
Last updated: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 1:08 AM
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2013, 6:02 PM

Beverly Wright has spent more than 2,700 days mourning her 23-year-old son, Emein Smith, who was shot and killed in Chester in 2005.
On Monday, at a rally of local leaders, law enforcement officials, and anti-violence advocates, she asked parents to imagine living for all that time without their children.
"The pain of losing a son or daughter is the hardest thing a person has to endure," she said, standing before Chester City Hall alongside a quilt she had made from her son's clothing. "But it stings the whole community.... We want to go outside without fear."
Wright was one of more than 50 people who gathered Monday as part of the "No More Names" national bus tour, which is aimed at keeping the gun-control debate in the spotlight. The tour began in Newtown, Conn., on the six-month anniversary of the school shootings there and will make stops in 25 states.
Wright praised U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey (R., Pa.) for supporting legislation this year that would have extended background checks to sales at gun shows and online. The bill fell short of the required votes in April and was shelved. U.S Reps. Pat Meehan (R., Pa.) and Bob Brady (D., Pa.) have backed corresponding legislation in the House, and advocates on Monday also urged local House members Charles Dent (R., Pa.) and Jim Gerlach (R., Pa.) to get on board.
Swarthmore Mayor Richard Lowe said public awareness is crucial in the fight against illegal guns.
"Things get better if you keep pushing," he said.
The coalition on Monday included Antoinette Levitt, a 71-year-old Philadelphia resident who has held a gun permit for most of her life. Levitt, a former member of the National Rifle Association who grew up in a family of hunters and learned firearm safety as a child, said she was "ashamed" that it took the Newtown shootings to make her see that access to firearms should be restricted.
"It took pictures of children who look just like my grandchildren," she said. "I can barely look at those pictures today without crying."
After the rally, Levitt said her recent involvement in anti-violence rallies had led to some heated debates with members of her family, many of whom hesitate to join out of fear they will be booed.
"I can't believe that people like me will not come out and talk about this," she said. "I'm not trying to get rid of the Second Amendment. But I cannot even begin to understand the senselessness of being able to buy a gun online."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130827_Ac...

Since: Aug 12

United States

#6878 Aug 27, 2013
If you buy a gun online its not like you don't have to do a background check when you go to pick it up... good grief.... what a dumbass...
Neutral Party

Evansville, IN

#6879 Aug 27, 2013
Would someone take that bottle of ketchup out of Fry Queen's hand. That bottle like this post has been without substance for quite a while.

Why don't you talk about how great Oblamocare implementation is going or how 9M fewer people are working than when Oblamo took office.

Or tell us how we should attack Syria without UN or multilateral support.
Neutral Party

Evansville, IN

#6880 Aug 27, 2013
Oh yeah, I forgot. Liberals don't talk about relevant issues only their agenda. That because they care more.
Neutral Party

Evansville, IN

#6881 Aug 27, 2013
What is ironic is that the very man that voted against going after Iraq for WMD is now going to attack its neighbor for the same thing.

Although not verified and against many powerful nations advice, due to Oblamo's lack of a teleprompter to script his speech "cross a red line" he has to act or look like the coward he really is.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#6882 Aug 27, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
Should America take a stand on the issue of a person carrying any firearm on their person? What good has come from it? Has there been a private person whom you know. that has killed another person who is threatening someone with a gun.
I DO know someone who shot (but did not kill) an intruder into their home. Google "intruder was shot" and read some of the stories. There are tens of thousands of them.
Look at Zimmerman killing a boy coming home from the store. Ban guns from the public at large that want to carry a deadly weapon. Let's get those gunís out of the hands of the public and thugs.
Is deadly force necessary?
Replace with a gun that can produce an electrical shock, instead of a bullet, would have a better result.
Unless the criminal has a firearm and is outside the range of your little tinker-toy...
Everyday people want to end the life of another person.
No, they only want to protect their own (self, family, property), and the constitution of this country says they have the right to.
Neutral Party

Evansville, IN

#6883 Aug 27, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:

Pale has threatened many people on line. However, her fingers are too fat to fit around a trigger and there is so much grease on them from shoveling hands full of fries it'd slip out of her hand if she tried to pick it up.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6884 Aug 27, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
If you buy a gun online its not like you don't have to do a background check when you go to pick it up... good grief.... what a dumbass...
Right, you still have too and my cousion did it and all he had to was tell them which FFL dealer they could ship it to so they could verify and he would just pick it up there.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6885 Aug 28, 2013
Neutral Party wrote:
What is ironic is that the very man that voted against going after Iraq for WMD is now going to attack its neighbor for the same thing.
Although not verified and against many powerful nations advice, due to Oblamo's lack of a teleprompter to script his speech "cross a red line" he has to act or look like the coward he really is.
I think for it to properly be irony that we would need to have the same result in the WMD search in Syria as we've had in Iraq?

United States

#6886 Aug 28, 2013
I would suggest we have THE EXACT SAME RIGID restrictions for being able to buy a gun as voters go thru to be able to vote!
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#6887 Aug 28, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
I would suggest we have THE EXACT SAME RIGID restrictions for being able to buy a gun as voters go thru to be able to vote!
I like that plan.
Pale Rider

AOL

#6888 Aug 28, 2013
I like the plan of replacing a gun that someone has a permit to carry with a taser gun. Turn your pistol over to the sheriff to be ground into tiny steel shavings. You will be charged $50.00 to watch. Proceeds go to implementation of program. That should be fun.

United States

#6889 Aug 28, 2013
I beg to differ.
Pale Rider

AOL

#6890 Aug 28, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
I beg to differ.
You might shoot yourself in the foot. That could hurt.

United States

#6891 Aug 28, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
You might shoot yourself in the foot. That could hurt.
Haven't yet. Ill take my chances. Furthermore I never cut my toes off with my lawn mower either growing up but thanks to dumbasses like you, I have to wire up bypasses on all the stupid shutoff safety features that come standard on my new John Deere ridin mower.
Pale Rider

AOL

#6892 Aug 28, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't yet. Ill take my chances. Furthermore I never cut my toes off with my lawn mower either growing up but thanks to dumbasses like you, I have to wire up bypasses on all the stupid shutoff safety features that come standard on my new John Deere ridin mower.
Don't thank me, thank Obama.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#6893 Aug 29, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
I like the plan of replacing a gun that someone has a permit to carry with a taser gun.
What, and get sued when the taser makes the criminal's heart stop?

I like the plan of replacing your brain with a house plant. Thing is, nobody would notice.
Pale Rider

AOL

#6894 Aug 29, 2013
Obama Offers New Executive Actions On Gun Control!

Now Obama is taking control, will the people lose some second amendment rights?

Gun Control is again on the front burner!

United States

#6895 Aug 29, 2013
Ummmmm no. Ehats on the front burner is Vlad Putin is fixing to destroy the US navy because caesar is a complete and utter dumbass. That's thats on the front burner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Jerry K 31,128
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 3,345
Trees nut fruit shade and timber 2 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Hey pale rider 2 hr They cannot kill ... 34
Pet and animal reports 2 hr They cannot kill ... 37
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 4 hr JBS 2,435
The Michael Brown Case 4 hr They cannot kill ... 65
•••
•••
•••