Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Fry Queen said,
"Would you believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation? But you know that what works in Columbus may not work in Charleston, SC.".

There may be hope for you yet. You point about state rights is excellent. Let the states decide whether they want to have gun control, healthcare reform, same sex marriage, education, etc.

Let's get back to the time when the federal government was responsible for defense and interstate commerce. Two very big items, but not the control Washington thinks they must have now.
VADoc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
Do you believe in the right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and do you believe in preserving Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms?
Would you believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation? But you know that what works in Columbus may not work in Charleston, SC.
Would you be willing to work to enact and enforce commonsense laws and improvements - like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system, and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of criminals.
Acting responsibly and with respect for differing views on this issue.
Well, we havenít heard anymore about that horse farm, from SL lately, it will soon be the run for the roses, nothing on guns, nothing on horses.
VaDoc
Reality Speaks
The Old Goat from Hillard (He has to change names about every 3 months)
On gun control, Obama said he feels responsible to keep pushing the issue so that mass shootings like the one at Sandy Hook Elementary School donít happen again.
ďI feel personally responsible the same way I hope every parent out there feels responsible for all our kids,Ē he said.ďThe key thing for me, is every once in a while we are confronted with an issue that should transcend politics.Ē
The first of the two-part interview, in which the president covered North Korea, gun control legislation and the fight over the nationís budget.
Poor TonyD2, we haven't heard anything out of him. While two would be thieves try to break into his shed, he raises a window. If you don't mind, I have a gun. I will give you 30 minute head start, then I plan on calling the cops.
So skedaddle, I donít want to have to hurt you. After several minutes go by, TonyD2 calls the cops. TonyD2 didnít want the cops to catch the thieves, so he wouldnít have to testify in court.
Ah wide rider you're back! I thought for sure after your messiah's gun grabbing scheme went down in flames that you had locked yourself away in your trailer and used your EBT card to drown your sorrows in 5 or 6 buckets of extra crispy and finally had that massive coronary and just died.

Oh well maybe may is the month?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Cornelius German, teen boy found dead near
President Obama's Chicago home, report says

(CBS) CHICAGO - Cornelius German, a 15-year-old boy, was found dead on Monday just four blocks away from President Barack Obama's home in Chicago's Kenwood neighborhood, says CBS Chicago affiliate WBBM-TV.

German was reportedly found with gunshot wounds in his back at the backyard of a home. Authorities confirmed that he was affiliated with a gang.

According to WBBM-TV German's home is just two blocks west of President Obama's home.

As of early Tuesday no one was in custody, reports say.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-575809...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
Do you believe in the right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and do you believe in preserving Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms?
It is a tradition, but that's not the reason I support it. I believe it is a basic human right to defend oneself, one's family, and one's property.
Would you believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation? But you know that what works in Columbus may not work in Charleston, SC.
That's why South Carolina's laws and Ohio's laws have differences.
Would you be willing to work to enact and enforce commonsense laws and improvements - like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system, and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of criminals.
Acting responsibly and with respect for differing views on this issue.
The extent of "acting responsibly" is in not using your gun to commit crimes. As long as I don't commit crimes with my guns, I need no further regulation.
Poor TonyD2, we haven't heard anything out of him. While two would be thieves try to break into his shed, he raises a window. If you don't mind, I have a gun. I will give you 30 minute head start, then I plan on calling the cops.
So skedaddle, I donít want to have to hurt you. After several minutes go by, TonyD2 calls the cops. TonyD2 didnít want the cops to catch the thieves, so he wouldnít have to testify in court.
Not true. I called the cops IMMEDIATELY after running them off. If I had called first, they may well have succeeded in stealing something. The goal was stopping the crime, not shooting someone. And as that was accomplished without injury or loss of life, all the better. Oh, and guess what. They haven't been back, so it also worked as a preventative.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Poor TonyD2, we haven't heard anything out of him. While two would be thieves try to break into his shed, he raises a window.

If you don't mind, I have a gun.

Would you like a cup of coffee?

I will give you 30 minute head start, then I plan on calling the cops.

TonyD2 Wrote this:

Not true. I called the cops IMMEDIATELY after running them off.

Immediately after they had time to to get back home you mean TonyD2. How come you offered them a cup of coffee?

If I had called first, they may well have succeeded in stealing something.

Yea! And the cops could have caught them.

The goal was stopping the crime, not shooting someone. And as that was accomplished without injury or loss of life, all the better.

Oh, and guess what. They haven't been back, so it also worked as a preventative.

Do you sleep in the shed TonyD2? To prevent them from stealing? No telling how much you turned into the insurance company of them stealing. Tell us the rest of the story Tony.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah wide rider you're back! I thought for sure after your messiah's gun grabbing scheme went down in flames that you had locked yourself away in your trailer and used your EBT card to drown your sorrows in 5 or 6 buckets of extra crispy and finally had that massive coronary and just died.
Oh well maybe may is the month?
Have you ever had a massive dose of lead in your behind VaDoc? I bet you don't run your chops in public like you do on here do you?

You are always insinuating that someone will kill me, or something bad happens to the Pale Rider. You are an evil human being VaDoc. When will you go on a shooting spree?

Your problem, you can't stand the Government telling you anything, or wanting the Government to do anything, do you? I don't think gun control is behind us. There will be another mass shooting, gun control will start over again. The people WANT GUN CONTROL.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

1. Here is what the Congress needs to do, but don't have the courage to do, is all people that own (law abiding, and all) a Military or Police style weapon. Is turn it in, to be crushed and eaten by the Vermeer "Gun Eater" and all clips that went with the weapons. This would end a lot of the mass killings.

2. All Men and women that carry a concealed weapon on their person, or concealed in their Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Motorhome, Moped, will need to turn those weapons in to be destroyed. Before you kill someone that is innocent, like we saw in the killing of Trayvon Martin. The poor teen, had no chance that rainey night, by a crazed grown man, bent on killing someone, that looked like a thief, and was Black. TURN THEM IN, STOP the KILLING!

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
How come you offered them a cup of coffee?
You're confused. Or making shit up.
Yea! And the cops could have caught them.
It took 30 minutes for the cops to arrive. It's not likely they would have caught anybody.
Do you sleep in the shed TonyD2? To prevent them from stealing?

No, but I did install a motion detector in the garage. Turns on two lights in the garage, one flashing, one not, and sounds an alarm in the house. I also spot-welded the hinge pins on the garage doors to fix that particular weakness in security.
No telling how much you turned into the insurance company of them stealing.
Nothing to turn in. Nothing was stolen. Thanks for exposing your mentality though. Maybe if there were fewer people who thought like you, insurance rates would be lower.
Tell us the rest of the story Tony.
Nothing else of relevance I can think of to tell. I heard an unusual noise outside, grabbed my shotgun, went outside, saw two men trying to take the hinge pins off the door, ran them off, went back in the house, called the sheriff. 30 minutes later they showed up, walked around the garage, drove up and down the road shining their spotlights into peoples' yards, came back, said they didn't see anyone, took my report, and left.
VADoc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Cornelius German, teen boy found dead near
President Obama's Chicago home, report says
(CBS) CHICAGO - Cornelius German, a 15-year-old boy, was found dead on Monday just four blocks away from President Barack Obama's home in Chicago's Kenwood neighborhood, says CBS Chicago affiliate WBBM-TV.
German was reportedly found with gunshot wounds in his back at the backyard of a home. Authorities confirmed that he was affiliated with a gang.
According to WBBM-TV German's home is just two blocks west of President Obama's home.
As of early Tuesday no one was in custody, reports say.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-575809...
Just wait until the heat wave hits. Columbus and Chicago will feel like Rwanda.
VADoc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever had a massive dose of lead in your behind VaDoc? I bet you don't run your chops in public like you do on here do you?
You are always insinuating that someone will kill me, or something bad happens to the Pale Rider. You are an evil human being VaDoc. When will you go on a shooting spree?
Your problem, you can't stand the Government telling you anything, or wanting the Government to do anything, do you? I don't think gun control is behind us. There will be another mass shooting, gun control will start over again. The people WANT GUN CONTROL.
Nope I haven't and if someone tries it then they better kill me because if not they will be dodging bullets.

Please show me where I've said someone will harm you? I will wait little fella.

I don't say anything here I wouldn't and don't say in public.

If busting the balls of morons like you on the Internet makes me evil then you must be the spawn of satan.

Yes the government doesn't tell me what to do when it comes to the constitution. The constitution tells the government what it cannot do. I'm not about to let the government remove my rights to please idiots and loudmouth hill jacks like yourself.

Gun control will not pass. This latest failure proved that the lawmakers would rather keep their jobs than violate the rights of citizens. They know if they passed that piece of crap they called gun control they would have been voted out in a heartbeat. My senator sure reversed his decision after he found out his ass was going to be voted out by SC residents in the next election.

Yes there will eventually be another shooting because people are crazy and there are plenty of gun free victim zones and Reid voted against the gun control bill so he could bring it back to the floor when the guilt trip is on during the next shooting. It will die in the house too and those who voted for this latest gun control bill will lose their jobs in the midterm. Gun control will not happen wide rider. The people don't want it and that was made clear and your fearless leader sure had a pitty party on national tv over it. I loved his meltdown.
VADoc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
1. Here is what the Congress needs to do, but don't have the courage to do, is all people that own (law abiding, and all) a Military or Police style weapon. Is turn it in, to be crushed and eaten by the Vermeer "Gun Eater" and all clips that went with the weapons. This would end a lot of the mass killings.
2. All Men and women that carry a concealed weapon on their person, or concealed in their Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Motorhome, Moped, will need to turn those weapons in to be destroyed. Before you kill someone that is innocent, like we saw in the killing of Trayvon Martin. The poor teen, had no chance that rainey night, by a crazed grown man, bent on killing someone, that looked like a thief, and was Black. TURN THEM IN, STOP the KILLING!
Sorry zimmerman's trial isn't over. Martin committed assault and was expelled from school. He was hardly an angel. Keep dreaming wide rider.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused. Or making shit up.
<quoted text>
It took 30 minutes for the cops to arrive. It's not likely they would have caught anybody.
<quoted text>
No, but I did install a motion detector in the garage. Turns on two lights in the garage, one flashing, one not, and sounds an alarm in the house. I also spot-welded the hinge pins on the garage doors to fix that particular weakness in security.

Tony has anyone told you this? You suffer from Kleptophobia - Fear of Theft. I knew you had something wrong. Normal people don't do that to their garage. But I hate to be the one to tell you, but you aren't normal. Few on Columbus Topix are, you are a tad bit different, but you are sick.

Thanks for exposing your mentality though. Maybe if there were fewer people who thought like you, taxes would not be so high, having the Police making dry runs.

I heard an unusual noise outside, grabbed my shotgun, went outside, saw two men trying to take the hinge pins off the door, ran them off, went back in the house, called the sheriff.

Why didn't you tell them to get on the ground?
Seek help Tony.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry zimmerman's trial isn't over. Martin committed assault and was expelled from school. He was hardly an angel. Keep dreaming wide rider.
You must be another fool on here. So what, Zimmerman, didn't know that. You aren't very smart are you?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein: Doc works in a Veterans hospital taking care of our veterans and active military.

Think you have to go along way to prove him 'anti-government.'
Neutral Party

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Pale you just keep gnawing on that chicken bone called gun control. There is no way the current version will pass because there is simply not enough support.

Your version has nothing to offer to prevent the mass shootings and is just a tax. Typical liberal agenda, means well but seldom effective.
Neutral Party

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Plus, you and Oblamo need to work on fixing the economy and getting people working again.

I estimate you have about 19.5M jobs to create before Oblamo leaves office in 44 months. That is over 400K/month. Get that number and I will support you on gun control.

And don't forget, you're the one that said Oblamo would add 20M jobs.
Neutral Party

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

BTW, you'll say anything to get attention and that is why you have no credibility and get no respect. Which town you going to next? You're toast here!
Neutral Party

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Hey Pale, since duke says woof why don't you end your posts with "oink"?

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
Why didn't you tell them to get on the ground?
My intent was to protect my property, which I did successfully.
Seek help Tony.
For what? I did exactly as I intended to do...

Why don't you tell us what you would have done differently. The police are thirty minutes away, and someone is trying to break into your garage. What do you do?

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Neutral Party wrote:
Pale you just keep gnawing on that chicken bone called gun control. There is no way the current version will pass because there is simply not enough support.
Your version has nothing to offer to prevent the mass shootings and is just a tax. Typical liberal agenda, means well but seldom effective.
I think "means well" assumes facts not in evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,941 - 5,960 of7,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Michelle Obama a Transsexual? 25 min flatbed86 27
Obama Children Adopted 28 min flatbed86 2
Will Obama Resign From Office? 29 min TonyD2 570
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 32 min Go Blue Forever 2,690
Neighbors Upset About Naked Man Outside Home 34 min Tuesday July 10 2014 1
Syphilis cases on the rise again in Columbus 36 min Tuesday July 10 2014 6
IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities 42 min d pantaloni 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••