Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Time to take off the rose colored glasses. Liberals aren’t willing, nor do they want to sit down and talk sensibly and calmly about this! They seized a perfect opportunity, the Sandy Hook tragedy, to do something they’ve all been itching to do for years. Disarm the American people. And the sooner they can ramrod gun control legislation through, the sooner they can yank our 2nd Amendment right and disarm us. You need to realize this is NOT about gun control. If it was they would use laws like, background checks for felons and the unstable, that already exist. This is all, and has always been, simply about controlling, we, the people.
Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Obama ignores the statistics that for the vast majority of crime America has a Black problem, not a gun problem.

FBI Uniform Crime Report

The FBI Uniform Crime Report (also available at the FBI site listed above) makes a number of disturbing points: In 1995, Blacks accounted for 13% of the population; American Indians for 2%, and Mexicans, Whites and all others (the FBI even includes Arabs as Whites) 85%. If the races were equal in their criminal behavior, then it could reasonably be expected that for any given category of crime, 85% of those arrested would be White and 13% of those arrested would be Black.

But that is not what is found in the FBI Uniform Crime Report.

Under the crime of burglary, 30.4% of arrestees are Black and 67.8% are White. The Black burglary rate 30.4 over 13, divided by the White burglary rate of 67.8 over 85, gives a figure of 2.93.

If these arrest records accurately record the commission of burglaries, that means that Blacks commit burglary at almost 3 times the rate of Whites.

Using the same methodology, the figures other crimes can also be broken down:

* Weapons violations are committed by Blacks at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;
* Blacks are caught receiving or buying stolen property at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;
* Blacks are involved in prostitution at almost 4 times the rate for Whites;
* Blacks are arrested for drug crimes at over 4 times the rate for Whites;
* Blacks are more than three times as likely as Whites to be caught at forgery, counterfeiting, and fraud, and almost three times as likely to be caught at embezzlement;
* Blacks are more than 3 times as likely to be thieves as Whites;
* Blacks are more than 4 times as likely to commit assault as Whites;
* Blacks are almost 4.5 times as likely to steal a motor vehicle;
* Blacks are more than 5 times as likely to commit forcible rape as Whites;
* Blacks are over 8 times as likely to commit murder as Whites;
* Blacks are more than 10 times as likely to commit robbery as Whites;
* Nearly 25% of all Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 are in jail or on probation - this does not include those wanted or awaiting trial;
* For all violent crimes considered together, Blacks are almost 5.5 times more likely to commit violent criminal acts than Whites; all this according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

yesterday evening I picked up 3 firearms I ordered online from 3 separate dealers in the USA.

www.gunbroker.com

All 3 firearms were shipped to a dealer in Delaware where for $35 a gun, background checks were preformed by the FBI.

Why is washington and the liberal press wasting taxpayer dollars debating a new law when it is already in place?

answer....to appease the stupid sheep.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
yesterday evening I picked up 3 firearms I ordered online from 3 separate dealers in the USA.
www.gunbroker.com
All 3 firearms were shipped to a dealer in Delaware where for $35 a gun, background checks were preformed by the FBI.
Why is washington and the liberal press wasting taxpayer dollars debating a new law when it is already in place?
Right, its just diversion by the Democrats instead of addressing the real issues they should be addressing like the economical situation here in the US.

Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act

The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (Pub.L. 103–159, 107 Stat. 1536, enacted November 30, 1993) is an Act of the United States Congress that instituted federal background checks on firearm purchasers in the United States.

It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 30, 1993, and went into effect on February 28, 1994. The Act was named after James Brady, who was shot by John Hinckley, Jr. during an attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan on March 30, 1981.

The Brady Act requires that background checks be conducted on individuals before a firearm may be purchased from a federally licensed dealer, manufacturer or importer—unless an exception applies. If there are no additional state restrictions, a firearm may be transferred to an individual upon approval by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) maintained by the FBI. In some states, proof of a previous background check can be used to bypass the NICS check. For example, a state-issued concealed carry permit usually includes a background check equivalent to the one required by the Act. Other alternatives to the NICS check include state-issued handgun purchase permits or mandatory state or local background checks.

Section 922(g) of the Brady Act prohibits certain persons from shipping or transporting any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receiving any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing any firearm in or affecting commerce. These prohibitions apply to any person who:
1.Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
2.Is a fugitive from justice;
3.Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
4.Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;
5.Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States;
6.Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
7.Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship;
8.Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner, or;
9.Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
10.Has a record of being a felon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_Handgun_Vi...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
www.gunbroker.com
They're expanding it to all gun shows and internet sales.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that your mom? What a great lady. Now that is super lady.
No, my mom did not ride. But she knew as much about horses and the business as anyone. She was a great Christian lady, every strong, very smart.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
www.gunbroker.com
PM me which dealer if you can, RS. I may have a better guy for you. Miller's Gun Shop backed the anti-gun legislation, so the locals are boycotting them.

Gun control is dead in DE. They withdrew the bill last Wednesday as no dem will go further than background checks, and not support them on private sales. The article is probably on Delaware Online.

Pulled it out right under Beau Biden's nose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't have a problem with background checks. Particularly at the 'open air' gun shows. Anything beyond that, I'm dead set against.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't have a problem with background checks. Particularly at the 'open air' gun shows. Anything beyond that, I'm dead set against.
The only problem I have with them is the potential use as a registry... that when they decide to confiscate they'll know where to go.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

I want to ask both "sides". If the issues of gay marriage were linked (I personally think they are... both involve liberty of people who aren't hurting anyone else), which way would you want to see it: Both Gay marriage and guns allowed, or neither allowed?
VADoc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
www.gunbroker.com
I think the federal government should pay for the background check since they are forcing the issue. The police department should have register the weapon for me at no cost to me. If government issued ID for voting has to be free to not be considered a poll tax then requiring anyone to buy a permit (this is the case in North Carolina) or paying for a transfer or background check should be free to the citizen.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem I have with them is the potential use as a registry... that when they decide to confiscate they'll know where to go.
That's exactly why they're pushing it so hard. They've even admitted that background checks wouldn't have stopped any of the mass shootings of the past 15 years. But they're using dead kids and their parents to appeal to low information morons all the while salivating at the thought of a national database.

“Old Right”

Since: Jan 13

State-Run Media

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>That's exactly why they're pushing it so hard. They've even admitted that background checks wouldn't have stopped any of the mass shootings of the past 15 years. But they're using dead kids and their parents to appeal to low information morons all the while salivating at the thought of a national database.
A guy on MSNBC said "universal gun registration" instead of background checks.

It was a Freudian slip, that isn't supposed to be Jour-no-list authorized yet.
VADoc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
I want to ask both "sides". If the issues of gay marriage were linked (I personally think they are... both involve liberty of people who aren't hurting anyone else), which way would you want to see it: Both Gay marriage and guns allowed, or neither allowed?
I see it as a states rights issue for gay marriage. States are responsible for licensure to marry. So if the Supreme Court thinks that states should not be able to ban gay marriage by popular vote then no state should be able to have a magazine ban, assault weapons ban, or outlaw concealed carry.

The left cannot have their cake and eat it too.

And before you leftists start screaming at me I fully support gay marriage and I think it should be a state issue. If gays want to marry get your state to put it on the ballot and vote for it. If you want to be married move to a state that supports it and has laws passed for it. I did this for firearms laws. I could have made more money working in states like Illinois or New York or California, but I like my gun rights and so I chose to move to South Carolina from Ohio.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>That's exactly why they're pushing it so hard. They've even admitted that background checks wouldn't have stopped any of the mass shootings of the past 15 years. But they're using dead kids and their parents to appeal to low information morons all the while salivating at the thought of a national database.
I think Obama is wanting to get registration, next will be confiscation. No guns. Then call in Al-Qaeda we are under Shariah Law. The rich fly out of America!
alice

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Hitler told his people that this is good for are nation. He disarmed the people for the greater good. Then he went after jews. He was a leader who had no religous beleifs. I hope it would never happen here or anywhere.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Will TonyD2
VaDoc
Reality Speaks

Be deemed as mentally ill?
Next they will be called upon by the Federal Government to turn over all their weapons.

Old windblower Reality Speaks will have more time to use his cain poles, and dig for fishing worms. Ha! ha! ha!
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

alice wrote:
Hitler told his people that this is good for are nation. He disarmed the people for the greater good. Then he went after jews. He was a leader who had no religous beleifs. I hope it would never happen here or anywhere.
Why do people like you bring up Hitler? We may have a few faults. But ungrateful people that bring up Hitler have a few screws loose in their head. If you were in North Korea, you could really have a worry. If you were in China and made such a ridiculous remark, you most likely would be executed. Those remarks are about the President of the United States. There is a place for some things. A time to remain silent on other things. This isn't Nazi USA! You should be ashamed for denouncing our leadership in such a manner.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
did you miss the part where all 3 were purchased through the internet?

gunbroker.com to be exact.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

I think Obama is wanting to get registration, next will be confiscation. No guns. Then call in Al-Qaeda we are under Shariah Law. The rich fly out of America!

I just wrote that to see how many looney tunes would comment, or in fact agree with that nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,621 - 5,640 of7,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 2 hr killa_the_compassionate 194
non religious requesting prayer 3 hr xyz 2
Hillary's fate? 3 hr xyz 8
Many Voters Say Obama Lies 3 hr xyz 17
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? 3 hr xyz 32
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr Agree 1,986
Did We Just Lose 85,000 U.S. Jobs to Foreign Wo... 5 hr Nickled Dimed 1
Congress Cost FYI 7 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 100
•••