“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#5920 Apr 6, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
TonyD2 have you gone mad? No! Everyone has a gun, just a few with the type guns that was popular, during the writing of the Constitution, that everyone on the right is bitching about.
Your insistence of putting people into two rigid categories shows the limitations of your tiny mind.

You been huffing the french fry grease again?
Neutral Party

Louisville, KY

#5921 Apr 6, 2013
Can someone shake Pale from her drunken stupor and tell her we have returned to the days of Jimmy Carter.

No jobs, diminishing status around the globe and no hope.

I remember those days before the greatest President in my lifetime came along, Mr. Ronald Reagan.
Neutral Party

Louisville, KY

#5922 Apr 6, 2013
Now Tony, Pale like fried chicken too. there is usually a trail of bones from the stove to the couch in her section 8 apartment.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#5923 Apr 6, 2013
Neutral Party wrote:
Can someone shake Pale from her drunken stupor and tell her we have returned to the days of Jimmy Carter.
No jobs, diminishing status around the globe and no hope.
I remember those days before the greatest President in my lifetime came along, Mr. Ronald Reagan.
Spot on. And even during the Carter nightmare, they didn't rig the unemployment and inflation numbers to lie like the left does today about the "recovery."
If we went by the definitions of 1979, unemployment today is roughly 12%-14% and inflation is running at 10%-15%.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#5924 Apr 6, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Spot on. And even during the Carter nightmare, they didn't rig the unemployment and inflation numbers to lie like the left does today about the "recovery."
If we went by the definitions of 1979, unemployment today is roughly 12%-14% and inflation is running at 10%-15%.
CA can have the worst unemployment in the country, but Krugman calls it a comeback.

The MSM was more diverse back then, TV has always been lib, but some papers used to have a right wing alignment.

Hilliard, OH

#5925 Apr 6, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
CA can have the worst unemployment in the country, but Krugman calls it a comeback.
The MSM was more diverse back then, TV has always been lib, but some papers used to have a right wing alignment.
Local TV news back then was much more conservative than it is today. They pulled no punches on the political situation even in cities like Boston. Now there are precious few "I-Teams" on local news today and they tend to simply go after the obvious low hanging fruit politically and with consumer hype.
Pale Rider

AOL

#5926 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>You haven't a clue about the Constitution and prove it by even speculating on Slick Willie being Vice President.
Teach us about the Constitution old man!

Ivy League-ISIS

#5927 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>Local TV news back then was much more conservative than it is today. They pulled no punches on the political situation even in cities like Boston. Now there are precious few "I-Teams" on local news today and they tend to simply go after the obvious low hanging fruit politically and with consumer hype.
I satirized one of those people...

Hilliard, OH

#5928 Apr 6, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Teach us about the Constitution old man!
What part of "two term limit" don't you understand? A Vice President who was already President for eight years cannot become president again. Bill Clinton said exactly that in an interview with Letterman.

Hilliard, OH

#5929 Apr 6, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I satirized one of those people...
You did a great service by exposing the depths of leftist hate that were displayed by the usual suspects soon after.

Ivy League-ISIS

#5930 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>What part of "two term limit" don't you understand? A Vice President who was already President for eight years cannot become president again. Bill Clinton said exactly that in an interview with Letterman.
Hillary isn't going to run in 2016. She will back a candidate in the primary and become a "super Valarie Jarrett" in the vein of Deng Xiaoping conducting power behind the scenes.

Presidential campaigning is brutal, at her age, and with the health rumors during Benghazi hearings, I highly doubt she will run.

Bill's health is still in the gutter.

Hilliard, OH

#5931 Apr 6, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary isn't going to run in 2016. She will back a candidate in the primary and become a "super Valarie Jarrett" in the vein of Deng Xiaoping conducting power behind the scenes.
Presidential campaigning is brutal, at her age, and with the health rumors during Benghazi hearings, I highly doubt she will run.
Bill's health is still in the gutter.
Bill's health is comparable to Cheney's in 2001. Bad...and at a more advanced age.

Ivy League-ISIS

#5932 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>Bill's health is comparable to Cheney's in 2001. Bad...and at a more advanced age.
Cheney was a poor pick for VP.

Imagine if John Engler had been the choice, the election would have been a rout for Bush.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#5933 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>You haven't a clue about the Constitution and prove it by even speculating on Slick Willie being Vice President.
Its not out of the question.

woof

Hilliard, OH

#5934 Apr 6, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheney was a poor pick for VP.
Imagine if John Engler had been the choice, the election would have been a rout for Bush.
We know why Cheney was chosen...he was a trusted "good soldier" from the POTUS 41 administration with political instincts and solid defense credentials. It certainly wasn't about Electoral Votes.
The real mystery of our time is why Joe Biden was chosen...twice.

Hilliard, OH

#5935 Apr 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not out of the question.
woof
The parsing of the word, "elected" has been going on for years in discussions of such a hypothetical.
Ain't gonna happen, and Clinton said so himself.

Ivy League-ISIS

#5936 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>We know why Cheney was chosen...he was a trusted "good soldier" from the POTUS 41 administration with political instincts and solid defense credentials. It certainly wasn't about Electoral Votes.
The real mystery of our time is why Joe Biden was chosen...twice.
Foreign affairs experience

The political instincts of the administration were quite stupid in term 1, when you see how many sitting Senators and Governors got Cabinet appointments.

Engler is seen as the product of the Mackinac Center, the first "institutional right" organization. The reckless expansion in discretionary non defense spending would not have happened with him as VP, not to mention he would have gotten Michigan's electoral votes, possibly Wisconsin's as well.

Though when I lived in MI, people hated the guy, though this was during the height of anger over Iraq.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Se...

(note Dingell's wife, also note how younger she is than he is.)

Ivy League-ISIS

#5937 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>The parsing of the word, "elected" has been going on for years in discussions of such a hypothetical.
Ain't gonna happen, and Clinton said so himself.
The Consitution bars someone from being VPOTUS if they are ineligible to be POTUS.

Ahnuld was suggested as a VP as well, he would be ineligible.

Though there are no term limits on being VP. I doubt anyone would take a third term in the job.

Hilliard, OH

#5938 Apr 6, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreign affairs experience
The political instincts of the administration were quite stupid in term 1, when you see how many sitting Senators and Governors got Cabinet appointments.
Engler is seen as the product of the Mackinac Center, the first "institutional right" organization. The reckless expansion in discretionary non defense spending would not have happened with him as VP, not to mention he would have gotten Michigan's electoral votes, possibly Wisconsin's as well.
Though when I lived in MI, people hated the guy, though this was during the height of anger over Iraq.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Se...
(note Dingell's wife, also note how younger she is than he is.)
The next GOP candidate need to choose a Jewish or black Friedman-esque economist for his running mate.

Hilliard, OH

#5939 Apr 6, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
The Consitution bars someone from being VPOTUS if they are ineligible to be POTUS.
Ahnuld was suggested as a VP as well, he would be ineligible.
Though there are no term limits on being VP. I doubt anyone would take a third term in the job.
Yet some lunatics are parsing the word "elected" in the 22nd Amendment to try and get Slick into the conversation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autism/asperger questions 1 hr Big Johnson 12
Obama proudly kisses and hugs EBOLA staff 8 hr They cannot kill ... 5
Ebolapalooza 10 hr Zombie Corpse Rental 4
Lawyer booked on charges he stole from guardian... 10 hr Silna 14
Dewine putting campaign cash in own account! 10 hr Iknow 5
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 10 hr Neutral Party 3,944
Obama To Bring Non-American Ebola Victims To U.... 11 hr d pantz 5
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]